/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Making of Ghilaf-e-Kaaba its beautiful!!!!

Sis786
03-30-2006, 04:04 PM
"KAABA"

The House of ALLAH in Makkah. The Kaaba is coverd by a black cloth known as 'Kiswa',wich is produced & changed every year. Special factory designed for the making of Kiswa in Makkah. It costs apprxm SR 17million.The cloth is made of 670kgs of silver dyed black. About 120kgs of pure gold & 50kgs of silver used in writing the Quranic verses ovr the cloth. The total area of the cloth is 658sqr meter. Pl forward my this msg so that every one knows this.

[IMG]

[/IMG]

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MetSudaisTwice
03-30-2006, 04:05 PM
salam
we had a very similar thread of this sort posted recently
but jazakallah for posting
wasalam

Kittygyal
03-30-2006, 04:06 PM
woow this is so cool so did these mens make it then?

take care

Sis786
03-30-2006, 04:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by metsudaistwice
salam
we had a very similar thread of this sort posted recently
but jazakallah for posting
wasalam
It took me almost 10 MINTUES to get all those PICS UP AND I GET THAT^^ FROM YOU :hiding: :hiding: :grumbling :grumbling :grumbling :muddlehea :'( :laugh: :raging: :raging: :vomit: :unhappy: :sorry:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MetSudaisTwice
03-30-2006, 04:08 PM
salam
well i did say jazakallah
wasalam

Sis786
03-30-2006, 04:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by metsudaistwice
salam
well i did say jazakallah
wasalam
:rollseyes :thankyou: You welcome

Z
03-30-2006, 04:21 PM
Salaam.

We have a piece. Got it as a gift from a well known family friend of the Haramain in Madinah.

Oh and my mother doesn't have to know about this, but if anyone wants it, bidding starts £500.

ateeq
02-16-2007, 03:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Z
Salaam.

We have a piece. Got it as a gift from a well known family friend of the Haramain in Madinah.

Oh and my mother doesn't have to know about this, but if anyone wants it, bidding starts £500.

How can one get a peice of the Gihlaf ? Of course i mean other than bidding which begins for 500 pounds.

S_87
02-16-2007, 04:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ateeq
How can one get a peice of the Gihlaf ? Of course i mean other than bidding which begins for 500 pounds.
:sl:

after taking it down they its available at the kiswah factory in Makkah. i think its free and youd have to go alost straight after because everyone wants..

Muslim.sister
02-16-2007, 09:52 PM
There is a long video about this on YouTube. I don't have the link, but I suppose if you search Kaba Kiswah, you should find it. It's really fascinating.

SUMMAYAH
02-16-2007, 09:58 PM
Wow. Thats the first time i've seen this. Mashallah the pics are really good.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-16-2007, 10:07 PM
Masha'Allah thats awesome. Must take forever...but then again, its worth it :D

JazakAllah Khair

cihad
02-17-2007, 10:19 AM
i didn't know the black cloth was made from silver. Surely not pure silver?

Malaikah
02-17-2007, 01:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tayyaba
Must take forever...but then again, its worth it :D

I know, I would never have the patience. :uuh:

'Abd al-Baari
02-17-2007, 06:29 PM
Mashallah a cool thread

Alhamdullilah the last time we went to Umrah i was fortunate enought to visit the Kabaa'a cloth factory and mashallah it was a cool experience

ateeq
02-19-2007, 03:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullah2907
Mashallah a cool thread

Alhamdullilah the last time we went to Umrah i was fortunate enought to visit the Kabaa'a cloth factory and mashallah it was a cool experience
Did you get a peice of the ghilaf?

is it possible to get one if you visit the factory. do you have to pay if you really want one. As in is it for sale?

One person did post a message saying that if i go tot he factory after they remove the Ghilaf then i can possibly get a peice.
But how do i know when they decide to remove it.

I checked a few dates when they removed it and found that they do it during December or January or februrary.

So i am not sure.

'Abd al-Baari
02-19-2007, 04:01 PM
Salams

I didn't get a piece of the actual ghilaf (as it was needed for the new one when it was to be changed) but alhamdulillah we all got some of the gold thread they use for the words and quranic ayats.

They change the ghilaf during the days of Hajj and if your lucky enough to be in Haram during this process, i think they give pieces out.

BlissfullyJaded
02-21-2007, 10:07 PM

Yeah, they change it on the 9th of Dhul Hajj, and thats around the time they give out the old kiswa cloth. Here's a nice video about the Kiswa factory.

Media Tags are no longer supported

Khayal
02-22-2007, 04:05 AM

MashaAllah, this is a beautiful posting AND video too ....@}:-

Jazaak ALLAH khayr.
:w:

The-Deist
01-11-2015, 01:47 PM
MashaAllah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.