/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Marriage problem

psuedosalafi
04-24-2005, 04:59 AM
:sl:

i'm in a dilemma. I'm almost 25 and not yet married. My parents are not even looking out for guys for me. What should i do? How should i go about searching for myself?? I'm really shy and don't live in a city with a big muslim community. And i don't know that many aunties either. On top of that i work too. do you guys think that could be a hindrance for marriage?

any advice will be appreciated.

:sister:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Dark Side
04-24-2005, 07:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by psuedosalafi
:sl:

i'm in a dilemma. I'm almost 25 and not yet married. My parents are not even looking out for guys for me. What should i do? How should i go about searching for myself?? I'm really shy and don't live in a city with a big muslim community. And i don't know that many aunties either. On top of that i work too. do you guys think that could be a hindrance for marriage?

any advice will be appreciated.

:sister:

I don't think that your work will really be a hindrance for marriage as long as your willing to stop working if your future husband asks you too. Or atleast decrease the number of hours that you work. I would suggest talking to your parents. Maybe they do not realize the importance of marriage, so you can explain it to them, and also that you want to get married. I'm sure they will probably understand.

MuslimGirl
04-24-2005, 10:03 AM
salaam

yeah talk to your parents

tell them....in relation to Islam..the importance of marriage...

I realised myself, that i should have talked to my parents before about marriage, as they thought i was not ready...

but now they know..

what ever you want in life-Inshallah ask it from ALLALH, as he is the provider of all things

I knw, it can be embarassing talking to family about marriage, but when talking,just say your shy on the subject..Inshallah they will understand (sorry if thats not the case)

w/salaamz

Sheikh Haroon
04-24-2005, 06:54 PM
Salaam.

Indeed as the above sister said, ask of Allah so that He may provide for you.

Regards

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
niqaabii
04-24-2005, 07:09 PM
if ur too shy to talk to parents...then talk to older bros/sis ..if u have any

Far7an
04-24-2005, 10:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by niqaabii
if ur too shy to talk to parents...then talk to older bros/sis ..if u have any
:thumbs_up

solid_snake
04-24-2005, 10:58 PM
too shy to talk to your parents at age 25 ...... I kinda doubt that

psuedosalafi
04-24-2005, 11:19 PM
thanks for the input!

haha i'm not shy infront of parents. its just other people in general. I think its more because of the fact that i didn't grow up in a big close knit community.

Z
04-25-2005, 05:44 AM
Asalamu Alaikum

Tell me what you want and I'll drop him off tomorrow evening for dinner, how's that? You could get married on the weekend. Better yet, at dawn the following morning.

Sister, pray to Allah, ask Him to open up doors for you.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.