/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Pass on Islamic Knowledge

Maryam22
03-30-2006, 10:59 PM
:sl:

Frstly, I ask Allah Subhana hu wa ta'aala, to make my intention pure for His sake and His sake only.

Secondaly, I ask allah,subhana hu wa ta'aala to, as Musa (alayhi salam) said:

"....expand me my breast;"

"Ease my task for me;

"And remove the impediment from my speech,

"So they may understand what I say:'
(Translation of the Quran C:20, V's: 25-28).

Thirdly, I ask Allah, Subhana hu wa ta'aala to forgive anthing that i say intentionally or unintentionally wrong, that maybe misguiding.

The purpose of this thread is to pass on Islamic knowledge, in which, inshallah, people can benefit from. It's really easy. All you have to do, is exactly that: pass on Islamic knowledge. It can be concerning anything from, the description of Heaven, Hell, death. the angles, the five pillars, the 6 articles of faith, a description of wudoo', a sunnah of the prophet(salallahu aleyhi wa salam), a verse from the quran, and interpreation of a verses/s of the quran, a hadith, an interpretation of a hadith, the benefits and rewards of prayer, etc etc, just to name a few. Like i said, anything.
One condition though: Please reference your information. Eg. translation of the quran, surat Ta ha, v3. etc etc. Just so that a firm faith in what is being said will, inshallah be established in the hearts of the readers, and that an unintentional lie may not be believed, and thus possibly practised and implimented. Also in case readers are intersted in a particular author, they can look them up on the net, or else where.

to Curse al dahr is blasphemy.
Allah, ta'ala, said: "and they claimed, 'the present is the only life there is. We live and die. What terminates our life is Time (al Dahr)." (Q Al-Jaathiya, V24)
In the sahih, Abu hurayah (Radiallahu anhu) reports that the Prophet (sallalahu alyhi wa salam)said: "Alaah, ta'aala, said: ' Man blasphemes Me by cursing al Dahr. For, I am al Dahr. I make night succeed day and day succeed night'."
In another version, "Do not curse al-dahr; for al Dahr is Me."
(Kitaab Al-tawhid: Shaykh Muhammad ibn 'Abd al Wahhaab.).

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
DaSangarTalib
03-30-2006, 11:11 PM
:w: Wa'Rahmatullahi Wa'Barakatuhu

i'll start off with this concerning the lesser and greater Jihad Insha'Allah, which is a common misconception for many; so i just wanna clear this up Insha'Allah, i hope its not too long for the brothers and sisters and i hope its rightly referenced :)

A Fabricated hadeeth - Greater & Lesser Jihad

There is a saying, "We have returned from the lesser Jihad (battle) to the greater Jihad", which the people quote on the basis that it is a hadeeth, which is infact false, fabricated hadith which has no basis. According to this belief, striving against desires of the self is considered the Greater Jihad, which makes the Jihad of the battlefield the Lesser Jihad. However, this so-called hadith is only a saying of Ibrahim bin Abi Ablah one of the Successors, and it contradicts textual evidences and reality.

Ibn Taiymiyyah said in Al-Furqan PP. 44-45: "This hadith has no sources and nobody whomsoever in the field of Islamic knowledge has narrated it. Jihad against the disbelivers is the most noble of actions and moreover it is the most important action for the mankind."

Al-Khateeb al-Baghdadi reports it is daeef (weak) due to the narrator Khalaf bin Muhammad bin Ismail Al-Khiyam. Al-Haakim says, "His hadeeths are unreliable". Abu Ya'la Al-Khalili says, "He often adulterates, is very weak and narrates unknown hadith." (Mashari-ul-Ashwaq, Ibn Nuhas 1/31).

There is also the narrator Yahya bin Al-Ula who is a known liar and forgerer of hadith (Ahmad). Amru bin Ali, An-Nasai and Ad-Daraqutni state, "His hadith are renounced." Ibn Adi states, "His hadith are false." (Tahzeeb-ut-Tahzeeb 11/261-262)

Ibn Hajar said, "He was accused of forging hadith." (At-Taghrib). Adh-dhahabi said, "Abu Hatim said that he is not a strong narrator, Ibn Ma'een classified him as weak and Ad-Daraqutni said that he is to be neglected."

This hadeeth also contradicts clear verses of the Qur'an. Allah the Mighty, the Majestic, says, (Translation of the Meaning),

"Not equal are those of the believers who sit (at home), except those who are disabled (by injury or are blind or lame, etc.), and those who strive hard and fight in the Cause of Allah with their wealth and their lives. Allah has preferred in grades those who strive hard and fight with their wealth and their lives above those who sit (at home). Unto each, Allah has promised good (Paradise), but Allah has preferred those who strive hard and fight, above those who sit (at home) by a huge reward; Degrees of (higher) grades from Him, and Forgiveness and Mercy. And Allah is Ever Oft*Forgiving, Most Merciful." From Al-Qur'an [4:95-96]
P.S. Great thread JAzka'Allahu Khairan

:sl: Wa'Rahmatullahi Wa'Barakatuhu

sis_fisabil'Allah
03-30-2006, 11:46 PM
:sl: warahmtu'Allahi wabrakatu

Sending Sallams

It is reported by Sayyidia Abu Hurayrah (R.A) that the Prohet sallahu alayhi waslam said:
"You people will not enter paradise until you belive. And you will not belive until you develop mutual love. Shall i not show you something whereby you will love one another?"
The companion Radi'Allahu'anhum said, "Oh messenger of Allah, do show us". He said "spread sallam amoung one another". (Muslim, Ibn Majah, Ahmad, Hakim)

It is reported by Sayyidina Bara Radi'Allah'Anhu that the prophet Salahu alyhi waslam said "spread the sallam. you will be secure". (Ahmad)

Sayyidina Abdullah Bin Amr Radi'Allahu'Anhu has reported the messenger of Allaj Sallahu Alyhi Wasllam as saying, "Worship al-Rahman, (The Merciful), feed food, spread sallam and you will enter paradise".

Jazk'Allahukhair 4 da above posts :statisfie
:w: warahmatullahi wabrakatu

Maryam22
03-31-2006, 01:12 AM
:sl: wa rahmatu allaahi wa barakatu.

jazakalaahu kair for your reply's. and yes 'Fight&Die4Allah' your qrticle ws well referenced
:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
DaSangarTalib
03-31-2006, 12:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Maryam22
:sl: wa rahmatu allaahi wa barakatu.

jazakalaahu kair for your reply's. and yes 'Fight&Die4Allah' your qrticle ws well referenced
im glad it was referenced rightly and Jazka'Allah khair for your post sis_fisabil'Allah :) i think the mod should make this thread a sticky and also more ppl should be passing their knowledge on to us soon Insha'allah :)

DaSangarTalib
03-31-2006, 02:52 PM
has anyone got any islamic knowledge they can pass on to us Insha'Allahu Ta'ala? :)

DaSangarTalib
03-31-2006, 07:05 PM
:sl: Wa'Rahmatullahi Wa'Barakatuhu

Here's summat all Muslims should know and try to implement Insha'Allahu Ta'ala

Love is the source of wala' and hate is the source of bara'; it is by this that both the heart and the hand are moved to act. Wala' inspires intimacy, concern and help. Bara' provokes obstruction, enmity and rejection. Wala' and Bara' are both related to the declaration of faith and constitute essential elements in it. The evidence of this from the Qur'an and the Sunnah is considerable.

As for the Qur'an, consider the following ayat: "Let not the believers take disbelievers for their friends in preference to believers. Whoever does this has no connection with Allah unless you are guarding yourselves against them as a precaution. Allah bids you to beware (only) of Himself. And to Allah is the journeying." [3:28]

And He says: "Say, (O Muhammad, to mankind), If you love Allah, follow me; Allah will love you and forgive you your wrong actions. Allah is Forgiving, Compassionate. Say, Obey Allah and the Messenger. And If they turn away, then surely Allah does not love the disbelievers." [3:31-32]

Speaking of the aims of the enemies of Allah, He says: "They long for you to disbelieve even as they disbelieve, so that you may be the same (as them). so do not choose friends from among them until they go out in the way of Allah." [4:89]

And also: "O you who believe! Do not take the Jews and the Christians for friends. They are friends of one another. And whoever of you takes them for friends is (one) of them. Surely Allah does not guide wrongdoing people." [5:51]

And lastly: "O you who believe! Whoever of you becomes a rebel against his deen, (know that in his place) Allah will bring a people whom He loves and who love Him, humble towards the believers, harsh towards the disbelievers, striving in the way of Allah, and not fearing the blame of any blamer." [5:54]
Read more: http://www.islamicboard.com/depth-is...ion-faith.html

sis_fisabil'Allah
03-31-2006, 08:52 PM
Jazk'Allahukhair once agen 4 ur benefcial posts, oh! nd Waiyaykum... All Fisabil'Allah Insh'Allah... newayz here goes!

Supplications, Their Virtues And Supplications Of The Prophet (S.A.W)

Allah the exalted says:]
"And your Rubb said: 'Invoke me [ i.e., belive in my oneness (Islamic Monotheism)] I will respond to your (invocation)." (40:60)

"Invoke your Rubb with humility and in secret. He likes not the aggressors". (7:55)

And when my slaves asks you (O Muhammed sallahu alyhi waslam) concerning Me, then answer them), I am indeed near (to them by my knowledge). I respond to the innvocations of the supplicant when he calls on me (without any mediator or intecessor)" (2:186)

"Is not He (better than your Gods)
Who responds to the distressed one,
when he calls on Him, and who removes the evil?" (27:62)

A-Nu'man bin Bashir (r.a) reported:
The Prophet (s.a.w) said: Dua (supplication) is Worship". (Abu Dawud)

Commentry the above hadith
It is desirable to recite ths Du'a whic is mentioned in the Qur'an (2:201) and which comprehends all that is good both in this life and the hearafter. The Prophet (s.a.w) made it a habbit to recite this Du'a. And the companions were eager to follow him in all his words and actions.

'Abdullah bin ma'sud (r.a) reported: the prophet (s.a.w) used to supplicate: "Allahumma ini as'aluka-hudda,wat tuqa, al afafa, wal ghina".
"(Oh Allah! I beseech you for guidence, piety chastity and contentment)" (Muslim)

Abdullah bin 'Amr bin Al-As (r.a) reported: The messenger of Alah (s.a.w) supplicated: "Allahumma mussarifal- qulubana ala taatika".
(Oh Allah! controller of the heart, direct our hearts to your obedience)."
(Muslim)

Abu Hurairah (r.a) reported: The prophet (s.a.w) said,
"seek refuge in Allah aginst the turmoils, attacks of misfortunes, and evil of judgment and joys of the enemies." (Al'Bukhari and Muslim)

Aslamualykum peeps nd keep posting Insh'Allah :thankyou:

sis_fisabil'Allah
03-31-2006, 08:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fight&Die4Allah
im glad it was referenced rightly and Jazka'Allah khair for your post sis_fisabil'Allah :) i think the mod should make this thread a sticky and also more ppl should be passing their knowledge on to us soon Insha'allah :)
wat do u mean by sticky?
:rollseyes

DaSangarTalib
04-01-2006, 12:19 PM
Narrated by Abu Huraira, May Allah be pleased with him, Allah's Messenger talked about friday and said: 'There is an hour on Friday and if a Muslim gets it while offering salat (prayer) and asks something from Allah, then Allah will definitely meet his demand.' And he the Prophet, salah allahu 'alayhi wa salam, pointed out the shortness of that particular time with his hands.

(The scholars have indicated that it is most likely to be the last hour before the end of friday, i.e between asr and maghrib of that evening)

[Sahih Al-Bukhari]

ALLAHU AKBAR!!

DaSangarTalib
04-01-2006, 12:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sis_fisabil'Allah
wat do u mean by sticky?
:rollseyes
you know when the thread is sticking on the top of the forum, do u understand? :confused: lol

sis_fisabil'Allah
04-01-2006, 05:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fight&Die4Allah
you know when the thread is sticking on the top of the forum, do u understand? :confused: lol
Yup Alhamdillah i do nw, soz i kn b a bit slw at tymz :rollseyes lol

DaSangarTalib
04-02-2006, 12:58 PM
The Messenger of Allah (may the blessing and peace of Allah be upon him) said: ‘Whoever, when he goes to bed, says three times, “I ask Allah for forgiveness, besides Whom there is no God, the Living, the Self-Subsisting, and I repent to Him”, Allaah will forgive his sins even if they are like the foam of the sea, or the grains of sand in the desert, or the leaves of the trees, or the days of the world.

[Al-Tirmidhi]

hidaayah
04-02-2006, 01:02 PM
Mashallah..!! A nice thread here...i'll post some thing soon inshallah..:)

broth3r Ali
04-02-2006, 01:03 PM
Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) said:

A group of people from my Ummah will continue to fight
in defence of truth and remain triumphant (Victorious)
until the Day of Judgment.

Sahih Muslim Hadith 4718
Narrated by Jabir ibn Abdullah (Radhiallaho anho)

DaSangarTalib
04-02-2006, 01:07 PM
The Blowing of Shaytan

I feel when I begin the prayer and after performing one or two Raka'ahs that I have broken wind; does that invalidate the Wudhu or not? And if this is continuous what should I do?

It seems as if this is the whispering of Shaytan, which is intended to cause the worshiper to ruin his acts of worship, or make them a burden on him; and it has been reported in a Hadeeth on the authority of Ibn Abbas (radhi allahu anhu) from the Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) that he said: "Shaytan comes to one of you during his prayer and blows at his backside, so that he thinks that he has broken wind although he has not; so if this happens, he should not leave (the prayer) unless he hears a sound or smells an odor." [Saheeh al-Bukharee (137)] And it was reported on the authority of Abu Sa'id (radhi allahu anhu) that the Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) said: "If the devil comes to any of you and says: 'you have broken wind.' It should be said to him, 'You are a liar'" [Musnad Ahmad] meaning, one should say it to himself. Therefore, we advise the questioner not to pay any attention to these Shaytanic thoughts and imagination, so that they will stop quickly. However, if this is definitely real, and it is, as he says, continuous, then the ruling for him is that of one who continuously breaks wind, and its emission during prayer or whenever it occurs will not nullify his Wudhu, like the continuous flow of urine, because constantly repeating one's ablution entails hardship, therefore, he should remain in prayer and make Wudhu for every obligatory prayer when it becomes due.
[Shaikh Ibn Jibreen (hafidhahullah)]

The Remedy for Whispering (of Shaytan) in the Prayer

When I begin to pray, I am afflicted by a kind of whispering and thoughts, and sometimes I do not know what I have recited, not how many Raka'ahs I have prayed. Please advice me.

It is prescribed for the worshiper, man or woman, to approach the prayer with humility towards Allah and to call to mind that he stands before his Lord, so that Shaytan will stay away from him and the whispering will be reduced, in implementation of Allah's Words: "Successful indeed are the believers. Those who offers their prayers with all solemnity and full submission." [Soorah Muminoon (23): 1-2]

If the whispering become frequent, it is prescribed to seek refuge with Allah, from Shaytan, as the Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) ordered Uthman Ibn Abi al-As when he informed him (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) that Shaytan had confused his prayers. And when the worshiper becomes confused as to the number of Raka'ahs he has prayed, he should assume the minimum, base his estimation upon what he is sure of, and then complete his prayer. Afterwards, he performs two prostration of forgetfulness before making the Tasleem, based upon the narration of Abu Said (radhi allahu anhu) from the Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) in which he said: "If any of you is in doubt regarding his prayer, and he does not know how much he has prayed, three or four (Raka'ahs) then let him cast aside doubt and base his estimation upon what he is sure of. Then prostrate twice before making the Tasleem; if he has prayed five, his prayer will be an intercessor for him, and if he has completed the prayer correctly, it will be a humiliation for Shaytan." [Saheeh Muslim (571)], And Allah is the Grantor of success.
[Shaikh Ibn Baz (rahimahullah)]

hidaayah
04-02-2006, 01:19 PM
Tilawa of the Qur'an

Khurram Murad
From the Early Hours

The most important nourishment for the qalb or heart is the Qur'an. Those who lived in the time of the Prophet received their training and inspiration from the Qur'an. It was their guide, their light and their leader. Likewise, it must be your constant companion.

The Qur'an contains a treasure house of soul-stirring inspiration and wisdom. We can and should spend hours in understanding the Qur'an. There are thousands of pages of tafsir or Quranic exegesis to read. But we must know that the real test of benefiting from the Quran lies somewhere else. The Qur'an says that when people really listen to it, their faith must increase:

Believers are those who, when God is mentioned, feel a tremor in their heart, and whenever His Messages are conveyed to them their faith is strengthened.
[Surah al-Anfal 8: 2.]

Where there is a fire, there is smoke. If the 'fire' of iman has been lit inside the heart, there must be smoke, and you will see that those who truly listen to the Qur'an, their eyes begin to well up with tears which trickle down their cheeks.

Nowadays, when we listen to the Qur'an or read it, our hearts are not moved, nor do our lives change. It is as if water is felling on a rock and flowing away. Our task is to replace this hard rock with soft absorbent soil so that the Qur'an may nourish the seed that has been planted. We should always study the Qur'an as if it is being revealed to us today. One of the greatest injustices we do to the Qur'an is that we read it as if it were something of the past and of no relevance to the present.

Remember that the whole purpose of the man is to guide you and to change you by bringing you into submission to Allah. As you read it, also try to live by what it invites you to. If it does not have any impact upon your actions and if you do not observe what it enjoins and avoid what it prohibits, then you are not getting anywhere nearer the Qur'an. In fact, one who reads the Qur'an and does not try to act upon it may be more likely to be cursed and punished by Allah. The Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said:

Many of the hypocrites in my Ummah will be from among the reciters.
[Ahmad.]

He is not a Believer in the Qur'an who makes halal or lawful what has been made haram or prohibited.
[at-Tirmidhi.]

It is also narrated that many Companions, like Uthman and Abdullah ibn Masud, once they learnt ten verses from the Prophet did not move further unless they had `learnt' it fully both in understanding and in action; that is how they sometimes spent years in learning only one surah or chapter.

If you sincerely start changing your life according to the Qur'an, Allah will certainly help you and make the path easy for you. Allah reassures us in the Quran:

Those who say, 'Our Lord is Allah,' and continue upon the straight way, the angels descend upon them: Do not fear, nor be grieved, and receive glad tidings of the Garden which you were promised. We are your supporters in this world and in the Hereafter. And for you therein is whatever your souls desire, and for you therein is whatever you ask for.'
[Surah al-Fussilat 41:30-31.]

hidaayah
04-02-2006, 01:38 PM
بِسمَ اللَّهِ الرَّحمَن الرَّحِيم

Every good action or deed should be started with reciting Bismillah

Below are quoted some Authentic Traditions of the Prophet Muhammad (salAllahu alayhi wasalam)
regarding Bismillah - In the name of Allah:

Saying Bismillah Is Recommended Before Eating:

The Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said, "Say Bismillah, eat with your right hand and eat what is in front of you."

[Bukhari 7/88, Muslim 2/207, Ahmad 17/92,
Muwatta Malik 10/32 and Ibn Majah 1/557]

When Drinking Water:

Ibn Abbas (radiAllahu anhu) reported that the Messenger of Allah (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said, "Do not drink in one gulp like a camel, but in two or three [Gulps]. Mention the Name of Allah when you start drinking and praise Him after you have finished [Drinking].''

[Fath al-Bari 12/197 and Al-Trimidhi]

At The Beginning Of Ablution:

The Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said, "Make Wudu [Ablution] in the name of Allah"

[An-Nasai 1/11 and Ibn Khuzaimah 1/84]

When Entering The House:

Jabir (radiAllahu anhu) said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) saying, "If a person mentions the Name of Allah upon entering his house or eating, Satan says, addressing his followers: `You will find
no where to spend the night and no dinner.' But if he enters without mentioning the Name of Allah, Satan says [To his followers]; 'You have found [A place] to spend the night in, and if he does not mention the Name of Allah at the time of eating, Satan says: `You have found [A place] to spend the night in as well as food."

[Sahih Muslim 2/206]

When Leaving The House:

The Messenger Of Allah (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said, "If anyone of you when leaving the house says In the name of Allah, I trust in Allah, there is no power and might except from Allah. Your needs shall be fulfilled, you shall be saved from difficulties and hardships. Shaitaan hearing these words leaves him."

[Al-Trimidhi 2/493]

When Slaughtering An Animal:

Anas (radiAllahu anhu) reported that Allah's Messenger (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) sacrificed two horned rams of white color with black markings over them. He also stated: I saw him sacrificing them with his own hand and saw him placing his foot on their sides, and recited in the name of Allah and Glorified Him [Bismillah Allahu Akbar]

[Sahih al-Bukhari 7/133, Muslim 2/181, Abu Dawud 3/230, An-Nasai 7/231, Al-Trimidhi 5/76, Ibn Majah 2120]

When Fighting For The Cause Of Allah:

The Messenger of Allah (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said, "Fight in the name of Allah and in the way of Allah"

[Sahih Muslim 2/69]

Recommended Because It Causes Humiliation To The Shaitan:

Abul Malih (radiAllahu anhu) said: I was riding on a mount behind the Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam). It stumbled. Thereupon I said: May the devil perish! He said: Do not say: May the devil perish! For if you say that, he will swell so much so that he will be like a house, and say: By my power. But say Bismillah for when you say that, he will diminish so much so that he will be like a fly.
[An-Nasai 6/142, Ahmad 5/59 and Abu Dawud 4946]

Recommended When Night Falls:

Allah's Apostle (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said, "When night falls stop your children from going out, for the devils spread out at that time. But when an hour of the night has passed, release them and close the doors and mention Allah's Name, for Satan does not open a closed door.
Tie the mouth of your water-skin and mention Allah's Name; cover your containers and utensils and mention Allah's Name. Cover them even by placing something across it, and extinguish your lamps. "

[Sahih al-Bukhari 7/527 and Abu Dawud 3722]

When Placing The Body Of The Deceased In The Grave:

The Prophet of Allah (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said, "When you are lowering the deceased in the grave you should say In the name of Allah and in accordance to the Sunnah of the Messenger of Allah."

[Ahmad 8/58 and Al-Hakim 1/366]

When Writing A Letter Bismillah Should Also Be Written:

Abu Sufyan (radiAllahu anhu) said that the contents of the letter were as follows: "In the name of Allah the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful, [This letter is] from Muhammad the slave of Allah and His Apostle to Heraclius the ruler of Byzantine. Peace be upon him, who follows the right path. Furthermore I invite you to Islam, and if you become a Muslim you will be safe, and Allah will double your reward, and if you reject this invitation of Islam you will be committing a sin by misguiding your peasants."

[Bukhari 4/191, Muslim 2/91, Al-Trimidhi 7/500]

[Queen Sheba] said O chief! Surely an honorable letter has been delivered to me Surely it is from Sulaiman, and surely it is in the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful;

[Al-Quran, Surah Al-Naml, Ayahs 29-30]

The Virtues Of Saying Bismillah:

Uthman bin Abu al-As Al-Thaqafi (radiAllahu anhu) reported that he made a complaint of pain to Allah's Messenger (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) that he felt in his body at the time he had become Muslim.
Thereupon Allah's Messenger (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said: Place your hand at the place where you feel pain in your body and say in the name of Allah three times and seven times I seek refuge with Allah and with His Power from the evil that I find and that I fear.

[Muslim 2/280]

"..MariAm.."
04-02-2006, 01:53 PM
Assalam u Alaikum
jazakallah for all the beneficial articles...:)

sis_fisabil'Allah
04-02-2006, 10:04 PM
Jazk'Allahukhair 4 ur knowledge...keep posting Inh'Allah:happy:

hidaayah
04-04-2006, 12:43 PM
whEn AllaH l0ves s0me0ne..!!

Narrated Abu Huraira that Allah's Messenger (pbuh) said: When Allah loves a person, He calls Jibrael and says (to him): I love so and so, therefore you should also love him. The Prophet (pbuh) added: So, Jibrael begins to love him. Then he makes an announcement in the heaven saying: Allah loves so and so, therefore you should also love him. Then the inhabitants of heaven (the angels) would love him. He (pbuh) added: Thus acceptance is established for him on earth (i.e. that person becomes popular among the people). When Allah dislikes any slave He calls Jibrael and says to him: I hate so and so, therefore you should also hate him. Then he calls out to the inhabitants of heaven: Allah hates so and so, therefore you should also hate him. Thus hatred is established for him on earth. (i.e. then hatred prevails against him among the people).

(This Hadith is sound and related by Muslim and At-Tirmidhi).

broth3r Ali
04-05-2006, 12:39 PM
mashAllah!

Maryam22
04-06-2006, 01:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by G-HaD-Ta-Raaza
The Messenger of Allah (may the blessing and peace of Allah be upon him) said: ‘Whoever, when he goes to bed, says three times, “I ask Allah for forgiveness, besides Whom there is no God, the Living, the Self-Subsisting, and I repent to Him”, Allaah will forgive his sins even if they are like the foam of the sea, or the grains of sand in the desert, or the leaves of the trees, or the days of the world.

[Al-Tirmidhi]

do you have this du'aa in arabic

DaSangarTalib
04-12-2006, 09:24 PM
===

DaSangarTalib
04-12-2006, 09:25 PM

do you have this du'aa in arabic

i dont sorry; you can say it in English as well like that, theres no problem with that :)

DaSangarTalib
04-13-2006, 04:01 PM
The Advice of The Messenger

Abu Najeeh Al-Irbaad bin Saariyah said: "The Messenger of Allaah(p.b.u.h) once admonished us with an intense sermon, due to which our hearts trembled and our eyes filled with tears. So we said: 'O Messenger of Allah!! It looks as if this is a farewell admonition, so counsel us.' So he (the Messenger) said : "I counsel you to have Taqwaa of Allaah (fear of Allah) and to hear and obey (the leaders), even if a slave takes command over you. For indeed, whoever lives (long) amongst you, he will see much differing. So stick to my Sunnah and the Sunnah of the rightly guided Khaleefahs that come after me. Bite onto it with the molar teeth and beware of newly-invented matters, for indeed every innovation is a misguidance." Reported by Abu Dawood, At-Tirmidhee

The Benefits of the Hadeeth

1. The prescription of advising and admonishing the Muslims.

2. Commanding others to have Taqwaa of Allaah when admonishing them.

3. In the hadeeth, there occurs one of the signs of (the prophet's) prophethood in that differing has occurred within the ummah, just as he informed us it would.

4. A warning against differing in the fundamental and subsidiary issues of the Religion.

5. We must return to the methodology of the Messenger and his rightly guided Kaaleefahs.

6. Repelling innovations and warning against them.

7. There is proof in this hadeeth that every innovation is a misguidance and there are no" good" ones among them.

hidaayah
04-13-2006, 04:12 PM
On The Day of Resurrection

The Prophet (salallahu alayhi wa sallam) said: 'On the Day of
Resurrection, every servant of Allah will remain standing (before
Him) until he is questioned about his LIFE, how he SPENT it; his
KNOWLEDGE, what he DID with it; his MONEY, how he EARNED it and
SPENT it, and his BODY, how He USED it'. (Tirmidhi and Darimi)

DaSangarTalib
04-13-2006, 04:50 PM
===

broth3r Ali
04-13-2006, 05:05 PM

The Qur’an says: “And why should you not fight in the cause of God and of those who, being weak, are ill-treated - Men, women, and children, whose cry is: "Our Lord! Rescue us from this town, whose people are oppressors; and raise for us from thee one who will protect; and raise for us from You one who will help!" ][Al-Qur’an 4: 75].

broth3r Ali
04-13-2006, 07:01 PM
salaam

Also Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) said:

"A strong person is not the person who throws his adversaries to the ground. A strong person is the one who contains himself when he is angry".

One companion asked him, Give me some advice by virtue of which I hope for good in the life hereafter, and he said, "Don't be angry." Another person asked, what will save me from the wrath of God, and he said, "Do not express your anger." A third person asked three times, 0 Messenger of Allah, give me an order to do a short good deed, and he said, "Don't be angry." Once he asked a question of his companion, "Who among you do you consider a strong man?" They said, the one who can defeat so-and-so wrestler in a fight, and he said, that is not so. The one who is strong is the one who can control himself at the time of anger. He also said that anger is like fire, which destroys you from within, and it can also lead you to the fire of hell by your own expressions of anger unjustly.

DaSangarTalib
04-13-2006, 07:38 PM
===

hidaayah
04-14-2006, 02:10 PM
Narrated Masruq: We asked 'Abdullah bin Mas'ud ( about this verse:
"Think not of those who have been killed in the way of Allah as dead; rather they are alive with their Lord being provided with sustenance.(3:169)
He ('Abdullah bin Mas'ud said: We asked the Prophet (pbuh) the meaning of this verse. So he explained it like this:
Their souls are in insides some green birds beside lanterns suspended from the divine throne roaming freely in the Paradise where ever they like. Then they take shelter at those lanterns. Once their Lord looked at them and said: Do you want anything else? They said: What more shall we want? We roam freely in Paradise as we like. Allah asked them the same question three times. When they felt that they would not be spared from being asked, they said: O Lord! We like you to put back our souls into our bodies so that we may be killed in Your way once again. As Allah saw that they had no wish. they would be let for joy in heaven.
(This Hadith is sound and related by Al-Bukhari.)

41) Narrated Anas: Allah's Messenger (pbuh) said: A man from among people of Paradise will be brought forward. Allah will ask him: O Son of Adam! How did you find your home? He will reply: O my Lord! It is the best home, then Allah will say: Ask and wish anything you like. The man will say: I would ask You to send me back to the world in order to be killed in Your way ten times. (This is because of the superiority of the martyrdom and the high position which martyrs would be made to occupy in heaven).
(This Hadith is sound and related by An-Nasa'i)

42) Narrated Ibn 'Umar: Prophet (pbuh) quoted his Lord as saying: Whoever of My slaves comes out to fight in My way seeking My pleasure, I guarantee him that I will compensate his suffering with reward and booty (during his lifetime) and if he dies, I would forgive him, have mercy on him and let him enter Paradise.
(This Hadith is Fairly sound and related in Musnad of Ahmad.)

Kittygyal
04-14-2006, 02:16 PM
Salam,

"Fight those who do not believe in Allah, nor in the latter day, nor do they prohibit what Allah and His Apostle have prohibited, nor follow the religion of truth, out of those who have been given the Book, until they pay the tax in acknowledgment of superiority and they are in a state of subjection."

Sura 9:29

"And fight in the way of Allah, and know that Allah is Hearing, Knowing."

Sura 2:244

W.salam

broth3r Ali
04-14-2006, 02:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamgyal
Salam,

"Fight those who do not believe in Allah, nor in the latter day, nor do they prohibit what Allah and His Apostle have prohibited, nor follow the religion of truth, out of those who have been given the Book, until they pay the tax in acknowledgment of superiority and they are in a state of subjection."

Sura 9:29

"And fight in the way of Allah, and know that Allah is Hearing, Knowing."

Sura 2:244

W.salam
mashAllah!!!:awesome:

Kittygyal
04-14-2006, 02:23 PM
Salam,

Allah could have saved us, but He had to fill hell.
"And if We had pleased We would certainly have given to every soul its guidance, but the word (which had gone forth) from Me was just: I will certainly fill hell with the jinn and men together."
Sura 32:13

W.Salam

Kittygyal
04-14-2006, 02:27 PM
Salam,

Abu Hurairah, may Allah be pleased with him, narrated:
When the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) died and Abu Bakr was appointed as his successor (Caliph), some tribes among the Arabs became apostates. 'Umar asked Abu Bakr: Why would you fight against the people, when Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) declared: I have been directed to fight against people till they say: There is no god but Allah? And he who professes it is granted full protection of his property and life on my behalf except for a right cause. His (other) affairs rest with Allah. Upon this Abu Bakr said: By Allah, I would definitely fight against those who severed the Prayer from Zakah, for it is the obligation upon the rich. By Allah, I would fight against them even if they withheld a cord (used for hobbling the feet of a camel) which they used to give to Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) (as Zakah).

W.Salam

broth3r Ali
04-14-2006, 02:31 PM
mashAllah:bravo:

Kittygyal
04-14-2006, 02:34 PM
Salam,

That which you have been given is but a fleeting comfort of this life. Better and more enduring is that which Allah has for those who believe and put their trust in Him; who avoid gross sins and indecencies and, when angered, are willing to forgive; who obey their Lord, attend to their prayers, and conduct their affairs by mutual consent; who bestow in alms a part of that which We have given them and, when oppressed, seek to redress their wrongs. [Al-Qur'an, Sura: 42 (Ash-Shura), Ayat: 36-39]

W.Salam

"..MariAm.."
04-14-2006, 02:36 PM
Mashallah..!! some excellent reminders here..:)

Kittygyal
04-14-2006, 02:38 PM
Salam,

All five blessings; youth, good health, wealth, free time and life are positive factors to worship Allah and earn the eternal hereafter. An old person does not have courage, a sick person does not have strength, a poor person does not have a peace of mind, an involved person does not have time, and a dead person has no life to worship Allah.

W.Salam

Ummu Amatullah
04-14-2006, 02:51 PM
:sl: Brothers and sisters in Islam,

The Path of Ahl As-Sunnah Wal-Jama'ah and Brotherhood Among Muslims

[Excerpt from the book 'Aqeedatu Waasitiyah' (Creed of the Middle Path) by Ibn Taymiyyah]

The path of the people of the Sunnah and the Jama'ah is following the Prophet's Tradition both inwardly and outwardly, and following the foot- steps of the early Muslims, both the Muhajirun (Emigrants) and the Ansar (Helpers), and following the Prophet's recommendation: "Hold on to my Sunnah and the Sunnah of the Rightly Guided Caliphs after me. Hold on to it firmly. And beware of heretical innovations (Bid'ah) because each heretical innovation (Bid'ah) is a falsehood and each false- hood is a deviation from the right path." (Reported by Ahmad Ibn Hanbal Abu Dawud, at-Tirmidhi who said it is a good and sound hadith, and Ibn Majah)

The people of the Sunnah know that the most truthful words are Allah's Words over the words of all people, and they put the guidance of Muhammad (peace be upon him) ahead of the guidance of all people. Because of all this they are called the People of the Book and the Sunnah. They are called the People of the Community because community means unity and its opposite is disunity.

The term Jama'ah became a name for the unified people themselves and al-Ijma' (consensus) is the third pillar on which people depend for 'ilm (knowledge) and din (faith).

By these three pillars (Qur'an, Sunnah, and Ijma') is measured all that people follow of inward or outward words and acts which have any relation to din (faith) and to the controlled ijma' of the righteous ancestors since after them the disagreement increased, and the 'Ummah dispersed.

Brotherhood Among Muslims
By these fundamentals, then, they bid good deeds and forbid objectionable deeds in accordance with what the Shari'ah ordains. And they believe in practicing Hajj (pilgrimage) and Jihad (struggle for the cause of Allah), in attending Friday communal prayers and the holidays with the leaders, be they pious or wicked, and in observing the community prayers. They believe in advising the 'Ummah, and they indoctrinate themselves with the Prophet's saying: "A believer is for a believer just as all the parts of an edifice support each other." (Reported by al-Bukhari and Muslim)

The Prophet (peace be upon him) intermixed his fingers while saying this.

And [they indoctrinate themselves with] the saying of [the Prophet] (peace be upon him): "The example of the believers in their affection and compassion and benevolence is like the body; If one part of it becomes ill the whole body comes to its aid with fever and sleeplessness." (Reported by al-Bukhari and Muslim)

[Ahl as-Sunnah] bid people persevere when calamity strikes, and are thankful in the time of life's ease, and are accepting in the fulfillment of Allah's Irreversible Decree. They call on people to practice noble manners and good deeds, and to indoctrinate themselves with the Prophet's saying: "A perfect faith belongs to a believer with good manners." (Reported by Ibn Hanbal and at-Tirmidhi who said it is good and sound hadith)

[Ahl as-Sunnah] urge people to mend the relations with those who have broken with them, to give to those who have deprived them, and to forgive those who have done injustice to them. They order people to keep filial piety, to be good to other relatives, to be good neighbors, to treat orphans, wayfarers and the poor kindly and to be gentle and humane to the slave. They forbid bragging, arrogance and transgression. They prevent people from feeling superior over others, rightly or wrongly. And they bid people use high manners and prohibit them from pursuing trifles. All that they say or do of the above, or of other than it, in all of it they follow the Book (The Qur'an) and the Sunnah. Their "path" is the religion of Islam, for which Allah sent Muhammad (peace be upon him).

But for all this, the Prophet (peace be upon him) foretold: "That his 'Ummah will split into seventy-three factions, all of them in Hell except one: The Jama'ah (the Community)." (Reported by Ahmad Ibn Hanbal)

And (the Prophet) (peace be upon him) said in another hadith: "They are those who will follow what I am and what my companions are today." (at-Tirmidhi)

Those referred to in this saying, those who hold firmly to pure, unadulterated Islam, became the people of the Sunnah and the Jama'ah. Amongst them are the Siddiqs, the martyrs, the righteous, included in them are the cairns of guidance, the lamps for darkness, the masters of memorable merits, the ever-remembered virtues; Among them are the Abdal 1 the Imams about whose judgment and understanding all Muslims agree. These are the victorious ones about whom the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "A group of my 'Ummah will continue to follow the truth prominently. Whoever betrays them or opposes them can never harm them to the Day of Judgment." (al-Bukhari and Muslim)

Thus, we ask Allah ,The Great "to make us part of them, and not to let our hearts swerve after He has guided us and to bestow on us Mercy from Him. Indeed, He is, The Generous. Allah knows best."

May Allah's many blessings and greetings be upon Muhammad, his family, and his companions.

Footnotes

1. Al-Abdal certain righteous persons, of whom the world is never destitute; when one dies, Allah substituting another in his place. Certain persons by means of whom Allah rules the earth; consisting of seventy men, according to their assertion, of whom the earth is never destitute; forty of whom are in Syria, and thirty in the other countries; none of them dying without another's supplying his place, from the rest of mankind; and therefore they are named Abdal.

Wa-ahhira da'wana: "Al-Hamdu lil-Lahi Rabbi al-'Alamin, was-salatu was- salamu 'ala ashrafl al-mursalin, Sayyidina Muhammad, wa-'ala alihi wa-sahbihi ajma'in wa-man walahum ila yawmi ad-din. Allahumma ighfir li wa-li- walidayya, wa-arhamhuma ha-ma rabbayani saghiran."

SOURCE

Kittygyal
04-14-2006, 02:52 PM
Salam sis thank you for the info and also the source :)

W.Salam

broth3r Ali
04-14-2006, 03:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Shukri
:sl: Brothers and sisters in Islam,

The Path of Ahl As-Sunnah Wal-Jama'ah and Brotherhood Among Muslims

[Excerpt from the book 'Aqeedatu Waasitiyah' (Creed of the Middle Path) by Ibn Taymiyyah]

The path of the people of the Sunnah and the Jama'ah is following the Prophet's Tradition both inwardly and outwardly, and following the foot- steps of the early Muslims, both the Muhajirun (Emigrants) and the Ansar (Helpers), and following the Prophet's recommendation: "Hold on to my Sunnah and the Sunnah of the Rightly Guided Caliphs after me. Hold on to it firmly. And beware of heretical innovations (Bid'ah) because each heretical innovation (Bid'ah) is a falsehood and each false- hood is a deviation from the right path." (Reported by Ahmad Ibn Hanbal Abu Dawud, at-Tirmidhi who said it is a good and sound hadith, and Ibn Majah)

The people of the Sunnah know that the most truthful words are Allah's Words over the words of all people, and they put the guidance of Muhammad (peace be upon him) ahead of the guidance of all people. Because of all this they are called the People of the Book and the Sunnah. They are called the People of the Community because community means unity and its opposite is disunity.

The term Jama'ah became a name for the unified people themselves and al-Ijma' (consensus) is the third pillar on which people depend for 'ilm (knowledge) and din (faith).

By these three pillars (Qur'an, Sunnah, and Ijma') is measured all that people follow of inward or outward words and acts which have any relation to din (faith) and to the controlled ijma' of the righteous ancestors since after them the disagreement increased, and the 'Ummah dispersed.

Brotherhood Among Muslims
By these fundamentals, then, they bid good deeds and forbid objectionable deeds in accordance with what the Shari'ah ordains. And they believe in practicing Hajj (pilgrimage) and Jihad (struggle for the cause of Allah), in attending Friday communal prayers and the holidays with the leaders, be they pious or wicked, and in observing the community prayers. They believe in advising the 'Ummah, and they indoctrinate themselves with the Prophet's saying: "A believer is for a believer just as all the parts of an edifice support each other." (Reported by al-Bukhari and Muslim)

The Prophet (peace be upon him) intermixed his fingers while saying this.

And [they indoctrinate themselves with] the saying of [the Prophet] (peace be upon him): "The example of the believers in their affection and compassion and benevolence is like the body; If one part of it becomes ill the whole body comes to its aid with fever and sleeplessness." (Reported by al-Bukhari and Muslim)

[Ahl as-Sunnah] bid people persevere when calamity strikes, and are thankful in the time of life's ease, and are accepting in the fulfillment of Allah's Irreversible Decree. They call on people to practice noble manners and good deeds, and to indoctrinate themselves with the Prophet's saying: "A perfect faith belongs to a believer with good manners." (Reported by Ibn Hanbal and at-Tirmidhi who said it is good and sound hadith)

[Ahl as-Sunnah] urge people to mend the relations with those who have broken with them, to give to those who have deprived them, and to forgive those who have done injustice to them. They order people to keep filial piety, to be good to other relatives, to be good neighbors, to treat orphans, wayfarers and the poor kindly and to be gentle and humane to the slave. They forbid bragging, arrogance and transgression. They prevent people from feeling superior over others, rightly or wrongly. And they bid people use high manners and prohibit them from pursuing trifles. All that they say or do of the above, or of other than it, in all of it they follow the Book (The Qur'an) and the Sunnah. Their "path" is the religion of Islam, for which Allah sent Muhammad (peace be upon him).

But for all this, the Prophet (peace be upon him) foretold: "That his 'Ummah will split into seventy-three factions, all of them in Hell except one: The Jama'ah (the Community)." (Reported by Ahmad Ibn Hanbal)

And (the Prophet) (peace be upon him) said in another hadith: "They are those who will follow what I am and what my companions are today." (at-Tirmidhi)

Those referred to in this saying, those who hold firmly to pure, unadulterated Islam, became the people of the Sunnah and the Jama'ah. Amongst them are the Siddiqs, the martyrs, the righteous, included in them are the cairns of guidance, the lamps for darkness, the masters of memorable merits, the ever-remembered virtues; Among them are the Abdal 1 the Imams about whose judgment and understanding all Muslims agree. These are the victorious ones about whom the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "A group of my 'Ummah will continue to follow the truth prominently. Whoever betrays them or opposes them can never harm them to the Day of Judgment." (al-Bukhari and Muslim)

Thus, we ask Allah ,The Great "to make us part of them, and not to let our hearts swerve after He has guided us and to bestow on us Mercy from Him. Indeed, He is, The Generous. Allah knows best."

May Allah's many blessings and greetings be upon Muhammad, his family, and his companions.

Footnotes

1. Al-Abdal certain righteous persons, of whom the world is never destitute; when one dies, Allah substituting another in his place. Certain persons by means of whom Allah rules the earth; consisting of seventy men, according to their assertion, of whom the earth is never destitute; forty of whom are in Syria, and thirty in the other countries; none of them dying without another's supplying his place, from the rest of mankind; and therefore they are named Abdal.

Wa-ahhira da'wana: "Al-Hamdu lil-Lahi Rabbi al-'Alamin, was-salatu was- salamu 'ala ashrafl al-mursalin, Sayyidina Muhammad, wa-'ala alihi wa-sahbihi ajma'in wa-man walahum ila yawmi ad-din. Allahumma ighfir li wa-li- walidayya, wa-arhamhuma ha-ma rabbayani saghiran."

SOURCE
salaam
jazak Allah!!!!
:ace:

IbnAbdulHakim
04-14-2006, 03:31 PM

Sahih Bukhari
Book 030, Number 5665:
Jabir b. Abdullah reported: We went along with Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) on an expedition towards Najd and Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) found us in a valley abounding in thorny trees. Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) stayed for rest under a tree and he suspended his sword by one of its branches under which he was taking rest. The persons scattered in the valley and they also began to take rest under the shade of trees, and Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: A person came to me while I was asleep and he took hold of the sword. I woke up and found him standing upon my head and I had hardly become alert (and saw) that the sword was in his hand. And he said: Who can protect you from me? I said: Allah. He again said: Who can protect you from me? I said: Allah. He put his sword in the sheath (and you can see) this man sitting here. Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) did not in any way touch him.

Nothing can harm a man if Allah has decided to protect him!

SAHIH BUKHARI

Volume 3, Book 38, Number 505t:
Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle deputed me to keep Sadaqat (al-Fitr) of Ramadan. A comer came and started taking handfuls of the foodstuff (of the Sadaqa) (stealthily). I took hold of him and said, "By Allah, I will take you to Allah's Apostle ." He said, "I am needy and have many dependents, and I am in great need." I released him, and in the morning Allah's Apostle asked me, "What did your prisoner do yesterday?" I said, "O Allah's Apostle! The person complained of being needy and of having many dependents, so, I pitied him and let him go." Allah's Apostle said, "Indeed, he told you a lie and he will be coming again." I believed that he would show up again as Allah's Apostle had told me that he would return. So, I waited for him watchfully. When he (showed up and) started stealing handfuls of foodstuff, I caught hold of him again and said, "I will definitely take you to Allah's Apostle. He said, "Leave me, for I am very needy and have many dependents. I promise I will not come back again." I pitied him and let him go.

In the morning Allah's Apostle asked me, "What did your prisoner do." I replied, "O Allah's Apostle! He complained of his great need and of too many dependents, so I took pity on him and set him free." Allah's Apostle said, "Verily, he told you a lie and he will return." I waited for him attentively for the third time, and when he (came and) started stealing handfuls of the foodstuff, I caught hold of him and said, "I will surely take you to Allah's Apostle as it is the third time you promise not to return, yet you break your promise and come." He said, "(Forgive me and) I will teach you some words with which Allah will benefit you." I asked, "What are they?" He replied, "Whenever you go to bed, recite "Ayat-al-Kursi"-- 'Allahu la ilaha illa huwa-l-Haiy-ul Qaiyum' till you finish the whole verse. (If you do so), Allah will appoint a guard for you who will stay with you and no satan will come near you till morning. " So, I released him. In the morning, Allah's Apostle asked, "What did your prisoner do yesterday?" I replied, "He claimed that he would teach me some words by which Allah will benefit me, so I let him go." Allah's Apostle asked, "What are they?" I replied, "He said to me, 'Whenever you go to bed, recite Ayat-al-Kursi from the beginning to the end ---- Allahu la ilaha illa huwa-lHaiy-ul-Qaiyum----.' He further said to me, '(If you do so), Allah will appoint a guard for you who will stay with you, and no satan will come near you till morning.' (Abu Huraira or another sub-narrator) added that they (the companions) were very keen to do good deeds. The Prophet said, "He really spoke the truth, although he is an absolute liar. Do you know whom you were talking to, these three nights, O Abu Huraira?" Abu Huraira said, "No." He said, "It was Satan."

Ayatul Kursi is the Key for Allahs protection!

broth3r Ali
04-14-2006, 05:02 PM
^^^^^ good stuff bro^^^
:rock:

abdul Majid
04-14-2006, 05:24 PM
jazakallahkhair

broth3r Ali
04-14-2006, 05:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdul Majid
jazakallahkhair
wa iyakki wa iyakki ?

which is it for a br?? is it wa iyakk or wa iyakki ?? :?

and yeah keep the posts coming bro! :rock:

Kittygyal
04-14-2006, 05:31 PM
Salam,

Narrated Abu Huraira: While the Prophet was saying something in a gathering, a Bedouin came and asked him, "When would the Hour (Doomsday) take place?" Allah's Apostle continued his talk, so some people said that Allah's Apostle had heard the question, but did not like what that Bedouin had asked. Some of them said that Alllah's Apostle had not heard it. When the Prophet finished his speech, he said, "Where is the questioner, who enquired about the Hour (Doomsday)?" The Bedouin said, "I am here, O Allah's Apostle ." Then the Prophet said, "When honesty is lost, then wait for the Hour (Doomsday)." The Bedouin said, "How will that be lost?" The Prophet said, "When the power or authority comes in the hands of unfit persons, then wait for the Hour (Doomsday.)"

W.Salam

barb
04-28-2006, 04:54 PM
Greetings....... I looked for a face symbol to start my message, but I couldn't find a sad one. Theres so much prejudice, misinformation and hatred in the media--- I don't trust it. Thats why I came here to this Islamic Forum so I could get a little closer to Islam first hand --I've been soaking up the vibe here and have read some beautiful things. I have a question about the following passage and sincerely and gratefully invite discussion: " ...you who believe: do not take the Jews and the Christians for friends. They are friends with one another. And whoever of you takes them for friends is (one) of them. Surely Allah does not guide wrong doing people" [5:51] Where is that passage taken from? Is it directly from the Qur'an? Forgive my ignorance, but I have ordered a copy of the Qur'an and haven't received it yet. But even if I do see it there from my own eyes, I don't know how I would understand it. What does that really mean if it's really true? What does that look like in everyday life? Does it mean that Muslim hearts and hands are moved to act in loving, concerned and helpful ways ONLY to Muslims, by Muslims, and for Muslims? Does it mean that that kind of separation between Muslim people and people of any other faith is scriptural law? I welcome discussion to help me deepen my understanding. If I don't respond right away its because I don't have a computer at home over the weekend. Thanks, Barb

Maryam22
05-02-2006, 11:55 PM
hi barb. im just trying to research your question.

shariq_0189
05-03-2006, 01:21 AM
ok there are many verses in the Quran that might confuse some ppl. u should look at the time The Surah (the chapter) was revealed to the prophet it might be during the time of war ( muslims vs jew or christian ). i will research this and let u knw further on. by no way does this mean that muslims should break there frendships with jews and christians. i hope i helped a lil... inshallah i will get back to you. Salaam

Abdullah4ever
05-03-2006, 01:24 AM

Excellent thread when the prophet died he left us knowledge and this knowledge is something we must seek... i will try to write something good...

barb
05-03-2006, 07:54 PM
Thanks Maryam22, I appreciate your response, and your researching...Barb

barb
05-03-2006, 08:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by shariq_0189
ok there are many verses in the Quran that might confuse some ppl. u should look at the time The Surah (the chapter) was revealed to the prophet it might be during the time of war ( muslims vs jew or christian ). i will research this and let u knw further on. by no way does this mean that muslims should break there frendships with jews and christians. i hope i helped a lil... inshallah i will get back to you. Salaam

shariq-0189---yes you already did help a lil. It makes sense ( and is relieving)to look at the
historical context. I'll be happy to hear what else you come up w/ in your research. Also, please translate "inshallah". I see it alot on this board and altho I can sort of feel/imagine what it means, I'd like to know for sure. :thankyou:

Maryam22
05-03-2006, 11:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by barb
shariq-0189---yes you already did help a lil. It makes sense ( and is relieving)to look at the
historical context. I'll be happy to hear what else you come up w/ in your research. Also, please translate "inshallah". I see it alot on this board and altho I can sort of feel/imagine what it means, I'd like to know for sure. :thankyou:
hi barb, Inshallah means Allah willing

IbnAbdulHakim
05-04-2006, 11:20 AM
Greetings....... I looked for a face symbol to start my message, but I couldn't find a sad one. Theres so much prejudice, misinformation and hatred in the media--- I don't trust it. Thats why I came here to this Islamic Forum so I could get a little closer to Islam first hand --I've been soaking up the vibe here and have read some beautiful things. I have a question about the following passage and sincerely and gratefully invite discussion: " ...you who believe: do not take the Jews and the Christians for friends. They are friends with one another. And whoever of you takes them for friends is (one) of them. Surely Allah does not guide wrong doing people" [5:51] Where is that passage taken from? Is it directly from the Qur'an? Forgive my ignorance, but I have ordered a copy of the Qur'an and haven't received it yet. But even if I do see it there from my own eyes, I don't know how I would understand it. What does that really mean if it's really true? What does that look like in everyday life? Does it mean that Muslim hearts and hands are moved to act in loving, concerned and helpful ways ONLY to Muslims, by Muslims, and for Muslims? Does it mean that that kind of separation between Muslim people and people of any other faith is scriptural law? I welcome discussion to help me deepen my understanding. If I don't respond right away its because I don't have a computer at home over the weekend. Thanks, Barb
if you sincerely wish to know the answer then i urge you to go and talk to a learned man of islam. Go to any masjid/mosque and find an imam who can answer this question 4 u :)

may Allah give you hidayaat AMEEN!

barb
05-04-2006, 09:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid
if you sincerely wish to know the answer then i urge you to go and talk to a learned man of islam. Go to any masjid/mosque and find an imam who can answer this question 4 u :)

may Allah give you hidayaat AMEEN!

That is exactly what I will do (..... Inshallah) It's a perfect suggestion. After reading it I went to the phonebook to find that there is a mosque reachable from where I live..And when I get the answer, I'll come back and tell you too......Tell me please tho, is there anything I need to know b4 I go---like any special dress, customs, ways to respectfully address an imam etc, etc? I don't want to be stupid in a way that could offend. Also, what does "hidayaat" mean? and "AMEEN", Thanking you again. Barb PS It will be several months b4 I am able to get to the mosque,but, I will , and will get back to you.

barb
05-04-2006, 09:20 PM
hi barb, Inshallah means Allah willing

Maryam22-OH! I love that remembrance!!! Ever since I read it , i've tried to be conscious and preface all my internal chatter and plans ( even the most mundane) with "Inshallah"....Like: " Inshallah, I think I'll go get a sandwhich.......Inshallah, I'll call my brother tonight.......... Inshallah, after I get off work I'll till my garden...." etc,etc It has made for a very beautiful and quieting day. Thank you. Barb

ummAbdillah
05-04-2006, 09:35 PM
manshallah excellent thread manshallah!!!
may allah reward you all! ameen :)

hello barb, keep on saying inshallah! inshallah allah will guide us all and protect us!
:)
w. salaam

Maryam22
05-05-2006, 12:19 AM
That is exactly what I will do (..... Inshallah) It's a perfect suggestion. After reading it I went to the phonebook to find that there is a mosque reachable from where I live..And when I get the answer, I'll come back and tell you too......Tell me please tho, is there anything I need to know b4 I go---like any special dress, customs, ways to respectfully address an imam etc, etc? I don't want to be stupid in a way that could offend. Also, what does "hidayaat" mean? and "AMEEN", Thanking you again. Barb PS It will be several months b4 I am able to get to the mosque,but, I will , and will get back to you.
hi barb, i couldn't find exactly what you wanted, but i did find the following:
as for the way you should dress: http://63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=en...&QR=6991&dgn=4. it basicallly describes the hijaab (the covering of a muslim women)

as for speaking to the imam: im not exactly sure, but this is what i found: The Prophet said: "No man should ever stay alone with an alien woman because Satan undoubtedly will be their third "companion". (Reported by Ahmad and Tirmizi).
i hope you can see where im coming from. if not, let me know.

just rememebr, im no scholar myself, im just portraying what i have found. i know its not exactly what you want but, i thought it may help.

as for your inital question, about verse 51 in chapter 5 of the quran, i will inshallah send it it off to a shaikh/imam my self via email. im not sure how long it will take, not long inshallah. To be honest, i have found something. But come to think of it, i'll get more than one opinion, just to make sure.

also, hidayah means: guidance.

FatimaAsSideqah
05-05-2006, 12:36 AM
as-salaam alaykum

WHERE IS ALLAAH?

Allaah, the Exalted, has described Himself in His Book, and by the tongue of His Messenger sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam as Sublime, Supreme, and Lofty. The Qur'aan is full of proofs relevant to the Loftiness of Allaah.

Ahlus-Sunnah wal-Jama'ah believe in and confirm all of the attributes of Allaah without distorting their meaning, and that Allaah is above His seven heavens, above His 'Arsh, and separated from His creatures, and His creatures are separated from Him.

This discourse will provide the Scriptural proofs of the Loftiness of Allaah is an indivisible part of the inherent faculty of knowing Allaah with which Allaah has created mankind. Although the aqeedah of Loftiness of Allaah is part of man's innate knowledge and cannot be subjected to hypothetical of philosophical argumentation, there are some deviated sects who follow their whims and deny this intuitive and self-evident fact. For this reason, they have twisted Scriptural proofs and distorted them, and manipulated the texts to conform with their deviant argument.

All of the divine attributes are intrinsically related to the attribute of divine Loftiness. Therefore, accepting or rejecting them must be based on accepting or rejecting the Loftiness of Allaah. Whoever believes that Allaah is above His 'Arsh [The Throne of Allaah] and separated from His creatures, also believes in the rest of the attributes of Allaah, and believes as well that the heaves and the earth submit to His will, and that He is the Great Rubb of the worlds. Allaah does whatever He wills and rules according to His Own wishes. Glory be to Him.

Denial of the divine Loftiness is one of the basic doctrinal heresy promoted by the Jahmites [Jahmites are the followers of Jahm bin Safan (d. 128-745), a radical heretic. Among other things, they deny that Allaah, the Exalted, is above His Arsh, and they allege that He is everywhere] and their off-shoots of today in order to confuse the Muslims' minds. Denying this divine attribute also leads by necessity to the denial of the attribute of the istiwaa of Allaah above His Arsh. There is no doubt that the denial of the attributes of Allaah clashes with the clear Qur'aanic verses in which the unique essential attributes and beautiful names of Allaah confirmed. These attributes must be affirmed as identical with Allaah.

The essential divine attributes of Allaah constitute an integral part of His essence and are not superadded to it. They are accepted literally by Ahlus-Sunnah wal-Jama'h without questioning the 'how' of these attributes. To deny them is clear unbelief and heresy. It is for this reason this discourse has been prepared to deal with the creed of Loftiness of Allaah, or the question, 'Where is Allaah?' with the Scriptural evidences from the Qur'aan and the authentic prophetic traditions, as well as the traditions of those early Muslims, the pious predecessors.

wa-salaam alaykum

FatimaAsSideqah
05-05-2006, 12:41 AM
Surah 20. Ta Ha

113. Thus have We sent this down - an Arabic Qur'an -
and explained therein in detail some of the warnings,
in order that they may fear Allah,
or that it may cause their remembrance (of Him).

114. High above all is Allah, the King, the Truth!
Be not in haste with the Qur'an
before its revelation to thee is completed, but say,
"O my Lord! advance me in knowledge."

barb
05-05-2006, 06:00 PM
hi barb, i couldn't find exactly what you wanted, but i did find the following:
as for the way you should dress: http://63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=en...&QR=6991&dgn=4. it basicallly describes the hijaab (the covering of a muslim women)

as for speaking to the imam: im not exactly sure, but this is what i found: The Prophet said: "No man should ever stay alone with an alien woman because Satan undoubtedly will be their third "companion". (Reported by Ahmad and Tirmizi).
i hope you can see where im coming from. if not, let me know.

just rememebr, im no scholar myself, im just portraying what i have found. i know its not exactly what you want but, i thought it may help.

as for your inital question, about verse 51 in chapter 5 of the quran, i will inshallah send it it off to a shaikh/imam my self via email. im not sure how long it will take, not long inshallah. To be honest, i have found something. But come to think of it, i'll get more than one opinion, just to make sure.

also, hidayah means: guidance.
Maryam
Yes, I do see where you're coming from, and it makes me wonder further: Is it ok for non-Muslims even to go to a Mosque? I guess thats really the first Q? I need answered. :thankyou: for the translation, second opinion, and the great Muslim Q+A website. Its a treasure trove of information(as you have been).............Inshallah, we will all keep learning. Barb

Kittygyal
05-05-2006, 06:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by RighteousLady
Surah 20. Ta Ha

salam,
ta sis for sharing that :)
w.salam

barb
05-05-2006, 06:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by RighteousLady
Surah 20. Ta Ha

OK. And, I will not only just say it, I will be with the truth of it:
" O my Lord! advance me in knowledge."

:thankyou:

Maryam22
05-07-2006, 10:10 AM
Maryam
Yes, I do see where you're coming from, and it makes me wonder further: Is it ok for non-Muslims even to go to a Mosque? I guess thats really the first Q? I need answered. :thankyou: for the translation, second opinion, and the great Muslim Q+A website. Its a treasure trove of information(as you have been).............Inshallah, we will all keep learning. Barb
hi barb. this is what i have found out about non-muslims visiting a mosque.

Dear scholars, As-Salamu `alaykum. What is the Islamic ruling if non-Muslims enter mosques to do restoration, to deliver speeches, or to learn more about Islam? Jazakum Allah Khayran.
Name of Mufti `Atiyyah Saqr, Muhammad Saleh Al-Munajjid
Content of Reply
Wa`alykum As-Salaamu Warahmatullahi Wabarakaatuh.

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.

Brother, may Allah reward you abundantly for your interest in knowing the teachings of your religion, Islam! Thanks for the question you posed, it’s very interesting and reflects your care about the Muslim community.

It is noteworthy that Islam encourages tolerance and peaceful co-existence between Muslims and non-Muslims. If non-Muslims enter a mosque to deliver speeches that may lead to a better understanding, then it is welcomed and religiously recommended. Islam is the religion of constructive dialogue in the fullest sense. The history of Muslims is a very good example of this.

Sheikh `Atiyyah Saqr, former head of Al-Azhar Fatwa Committee, points out the opinions of Muslim jurists on the issue as follows:

Allah Almighty says, (O ye who believe! The idolaters only are unclean. So let them not come near Al-Masjid Al-Haram (at Makkah) after this their year. If ye fear poverty (from the loss of their merchandise) Allah shall preserve you of His bounty if He will. Lo! Allah is Knower, Wise.) (At-Tawbah 9: 28)

And He says, (O ye who believe! Draw not near unto prayer when ye are drunken, till ye know that which ye utter, nor when ye are polluted, save when journeying upon the road, till ye have bathed.) (An-Nisaa’ 4: 43)

Relying on these verses, the majority of Muslim Jurists, including those from the Maliki, Shafi`i and other schools of fiqh (Islamic Jurisprudence), maintain that the polytheists are not allowed to enter the Sacred Mosque in Makkah. However, they state that there is nothing wrong if Christians and Jews enter it. They state that this ruling applies to the Holy Mosque in Makkah as well as its precincts. Abu Hanifah, however, views that even a polytheist can enter the Holy Mosque in Makkah as long as he will not stay or reside there. He interpreted impurity to mean spiritual impurity (shirk).

As for other mosques than the Holy Mosque in Makkah, the Madinan jurists forbade non-Muslims from entering them because non-Muslims are regarded by the Qur’an as impure. Imam Ahmad is reported to have said that they can only enter these mosques with the permission of Muslims. This is supported by the report that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) permitted the people of At-Ta’if to stay in the mosque prior to their embracing Islam. He also received the Christians of Najran in his mosque in Madinah. When the time of their prayer was due, they prayed in the mosque towards the eastern direction. Thereupon the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said (to his Companions), “Leave them (to perform prayer).”

Under the title ‘A Polytheist Entering the Mosque’, Al-Bukhari, in his Sahih mentioned that Thamamah ibn Athal (despite that he was a polytheist) was tied up in the mosque.

In Fath al-Bari, Ibn Hajar mentioned that there are different opinions concerning this issue. The Hanafi jurists gave unconditional permission while the Maliki scholars and al-Mazni are reported to have forbidden it absolutely. The Shafi`i scholars differentiated between the Holy Mosque and other mosques. There is an opinion that the permission is restricted to the People of the Book but this is refuted by the case of Thamamah mentioned above.

Sheikh M. S. Al-Munajjid, a prominent Saudi Islamic lecturer and author, states:

It is forbidden for Muslims to allow any non-Muslim to enter Al-Masjid Al-Haram in Makkah and its sacred precincts, because Allah says: (O ye who believe! The idolaters only are unclean. So let them not come near Al-Masjid Al-Haram (at Makkah) after this their year. If ye fear poverty (from the loss of their merchandise) Allah shall preserve you of His bounty if He will. Lo! Allah is Knower, Wise.) (At-Tawbah 9: 28)
Concerning other mosques, some Muslim jurists maintain that it is permissible for non-Muslims to enter them because there is nothing to indicate the unlawfulness of such act; others say that it is not permissible, by analogy to the case of Al-Masjid Al-Haram.

The correct view is that it is permissible if it serves the interests of Shari`ah or meets a valid need, such as if a non-Muslim needs to enter a mosque to hear something that may encourage him to embrace Islam, or because he needs to drink water, or the like. This is pursuant to the way of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) on this issue; he tied up (his prisoner) Thamaamah ibn Athal Al-Hanafi in the mosque before he became a Muslim, and the delegations of Thaqif and the Christians of Najran stayed in the mosque before they embraced Islam. Actually, many benefits were accrued from this: they were able to hear the speeches and sermons of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) to see people praying and reciting the Qur’an, etc. (Fatawa Al-Lajnah Al-Da'imah - The Standing Committee for Islamic Research and Ifta’)

Therefore, if non-Muslims seek permission to enter the mosque in order to see how Muslims perform prayer, there is nothing wrong in that, as long as they have nothing with them that could defile the mosque, and their women are not dressed in a provocative fashion, or any other reason that bars them from entering the mosque. So they can enter and sit behind the Muslims to see how they pray.

Based on the above Fatwas, we can say that non-Muslims, including Christians and Jews, are allowed to enter mosques, but they should abide by the following conditions:

1- Non-Muslims are allowed to enter mosques – other than the Sacred Mosque in Makkah – with a prior permission of Muslims.

2- They must have a sound reason for entering the mosque.

3- They should respect the decorum of the mosque and keep in mind that it is a sacred place of worship.

4- Both men and women are not allowed to uncover their `Awarah (parts of the body which should not be exposed in front of others) when entering the mosque.

With regard to the issue of restoration, we can say that Muslims should have the priority in carrying out such work, unless it is necessary to seek the help of non-Muslims. There must be a need to seek their help, especially in issues related to mosques.

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1119503543870

enjoy

broth3r Ali
05-07-2006, 11:24 PM
salaam :brother: :sister:

Narrated Abdullah bin Masud:

I asked Allah's Apostle, "O Allah's Apostle! What is the best deed?" He replied, "To offer the prayers at their early stated fixed times." I asked, "What is next in goodness?" He replied, "To be good and dutiful to your parents." I further asked, what is next in goodness?" He replied, "To participate in Jihad in Allah's Cause." I did not ask Allah's Apostle anymore and if I had asked him more, he would have told me more.

(sahihi Bukhari) Volume 4, Book 52, Number 41: :thumbs_up

ws :thankyou:

barb
05-08-2006, 01:04 PM
Maryam,
Thank-you so much. I will make good use of the information (and the kindness)that
you have provided me. Now, when it is time for me to go, I will rightly go.
Barb

hidaayah
05-08-2006, 02:42 PM
Seven Great Destructive Sins:

Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet (SAW) said, "Avoid the seven great
destructive sins." The people enquire, "O Allah's Apostle (SAW) What
are they? "He (SAW) said:
1. To join others in worship along with Allah,
2. To practice sorcery,
3, To kill the life which Allah has forbidden except for a just cause
4. To eat up Riba (usury)
5. To eat up an orphan's wealth
6. To give back to the enemy and fleeing from the battlefield at the
time of fighting
7. And to accuse, chaste women, who never even think of anything
touching chastity and are good believers."

--[Sahih Al-Bukhari : Volume 4, Book 51, Number 28]

broth3r Ali
05-08-2006, 03:42 PM
salaam ^^^^^^^^:thumbs_up

Narrated Khalid bin Sad:

We went out and Ghalib bin Abjar was accompanying us. He fell ill on the way and when we arrived at Medina he was still sick. Ibn Abi 'Atiq came to visit him and said to us, "Treat him with black cumin. Take five or seven seeds and crush them (mix the powder with oil) and drop the resulting mixture into both nostrils, for 'Aisha has narrated to me that she heard the Prophet saying, 'This black cumin is healing for all diseases except As-Sam.' Aisha said, 'What is As-Sam?' He said, 'Death."

(Sahih Bukhari) Volume 7, Book 71, Number 591: :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.