PDA

View Full Version : Bin Laden will never be caught alive

FatimaAsSideqah
03-30-2006, 11:12 PM
as-salaam alaykum

Bin Laden 'will never be caught alive'
From: Agence France-Presse From correspondents in New York
March 31, 2006
OSAMA bin Laden has no intention of being taken alive and has designated a "special gun" to be shot with in the event of imminent capture, according to one of the al-Qaeda chief's former bodyguards.

Abu Jandal, who was with bin Laden in Afghanistan from 1996 to 2000, told the CBS news program 60 Minutes that his old boss had given strict instructions on what should happen if he was cornered.
"If he was going to be captured, Sheikh Osama prefers to be killed," Jandal said in the interview to be broadcast on Monday.

"There was a special gun to be used if Sheikh Osama bin Laden was attacked and we were unable to save him, in which case I would have to kill him," he said.

Jandal, who lives in Yemen, said he believed bin Laden was hiding out in Afghanistan rather than Pakistan and warned that his most recent threats of another terror strike on the United States should be taken extremely seriously.

"When Sheikh Osama promises something, he does it," he said. "So I believe Osama bin Laden is planning a new attack inside the United States, this is certain."

Advertisement:
In an audiotape broadcast by the Al-Jazeera Arabic television network in January, bin Laden warned that attacks on the US "heartland" were being prepared.
Jandal also revealed how sheer good fortune had allowed bin Laden to escape a US missile attack - ordered after the 1998 Al-Qaeda bombings of two US embassies in Africa - on Al-Qaeda training camps near Khost in Afghanistan.

The night before the attack, bin Laden and his entourage were driving when they reached a fork in the road that would take them to Khost or Kabul.

"He turned to us and said, 'Khost or Kabul?' We told him, 'Let's just visit Kabul'. Sheikh Osama said, 'Okay, Kabul'."

He also recalled how the world's most wanted man had strict rules prohibiting cursing in his presence.

"I remember once I used the wrong word, so he suspended me from guard duty for three days," Jandal said.

wa-salaam alaykum

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
cihad
03-31-2006, 02:33 PM
but isn't that suicide?

DaSangarTalib
03-31-2006, 02:36 PM
NO sister rather die in the way of Allah than falling into the hands of the enemy alive

Bittersteel
03-31-2006, 04:28 PM
suicide is dying in the way of Allah?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ghazi
03-31-2006, 04:30 PM
Salaam

Isn't that murder, I mean common, couldn't Bin Landen simply just charge at the soldiers then they'll probably kill him.

Joe98
03-31-2006, 09:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by RighteousLady
Jandal, who lives in Yemen, said he believed bin Laden was hiding out in Afghanistan rather than Pakistan and warned that his most recent threats of another terror strike on the United States should be taken extremely seriously.

Hold the horses!

In another thread bin Laden didn't do the first attack, so what is this about bin Laden making "another" terror strike?

Did he do the first one or not?

Is making terror attacks against Islam?
-

Ghazi
03-31-2006, 09:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Joe98
Hold the horses!

In another thread bin Laden didn't do the first attack, so what is this about bin Laden making "another" terror strike?

Did he do the first one or not?

-
Yes terrorist attacks are against islam.

afriend
03-31-2006, 09:42 PM
I don't know what the truth behind the so called 'al-qaeda bombings' on 9/11

After all the conspiracies, I don't know what to believe anymore, but, remeber?

Bush and Bin Laden used to b business buddies once upon a time.

Also, Terrorism is hated in Islam....But if being a terrorist to a rapist, burglar, assulter is a good thing, cos then the bad ppl will be terrfied so then they wont commit any bad actions.

The Ruler
03-31-2006, 09:47 PM
the whole thing seems pathetic and a big lie to me :? :heated: :heated: :heated:

:w:

Mainul_Islam
04-01-2006, 12:32 AM
:sl:

seems like suicide to me, but Allah is the Judge

like bro Iqram... i, too, dont know the truth behind all this

in a speech by Bin Laden, reported by Al-Jazeera news, i read that Bin Laden attacked WTC to target the economy because U.S. was aiding Israel against Palestine. sounds reasonable... but still i cannot really say Bin Laden is justified because innocent people were killed and the Quran forbids the killing of innocents. but Allah is the best of the judges.

personally, i dont think Bin Laden is a good leader.... im still waiting for Al-Mahdi to appear and bring peace to the world

Knut Hamsun
04-01-2006, 05:25 AM
This was published months ago in Peter Bergen's excellent oral history of al-quaeda, called The Osama Bin Laden That I Know. He is one of the few western journalists to have ever interviewed Bin Laden. It is a good book, I recommend it (for what that is worth around here).

Islam-truth:
I mean common, couldn't Bin Landen simply just charge at the soldiers then they'll probably kill him.
In his sick little mind this would be ideal; only because he would die a martyr for his nihilistic cause. I hope he is not killed just for this reason, but I see it almost as a given that if the USA found him, he would not let them take him alive.

Tagrid:
the whole thing seems pathetic and a big lie to me
Why do you think so? Could you please elaborate?

Islam truth:
Yes terrorist attacks are against islam.
That is what I keep hearing but many muslims keep acting as terrorists.

Mainul-Islam:
in a speech by Bin Laden, reported by Al-Jazeera news, i read that Bin Laden attacked WTC to target the economy because U.S. was aiding Israel against Palestine. sounds reasonable... but still i cannot really say Bin Laden is justified because innocent people were killed and the Quran forbids the killing of innocents. but Allah is the best of the judges.
What about common sense and common decency? I find those two attributes to be the best of judges! After all, if everyone with a gripe went flying planes into buildings on purpose...whether or not some book condoned it, we--everyone-- would be in a lot of trouble, eh?

Mainul_Islam
04-01-2006, 06:04 AM
listen, im not saying that what happened was right... im just trying to show a point of view what Al-Qaida might have (after all, someone does something for some reason... and i'm curious too for what is the reason behind all this)

also, dont forget that the U.S. have caused more terrorism in Iraq than any Muslim terrorists have caused harm to U.S. ... so, pointing out fingers at Bin Laden doesnt really make the U.S. look much better

and i said "Allah is the best of the judges" because Allah knows everything including why people do such thing. we dont kno the truth, since govt and politicians do lie sometimes and cannot be trusted anymore. Allah knows who is doing right and who is doing wrong and He will judge them accordingly and will judge fairly

Ghazi
04-01-2006, 10:08 AM
Salaam

That is what I keep hearing but many muslims keep acting as terrorists.
I assume your intelligent if so then you'll realise the actions of these people don't have anything to do with islam so I don't think it's right for people to always state islamic terrorists when islam doesn't also such things.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.