/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A very important question

sister_fatima
04-24-2005, 10:47 AM
Salam brothers and sisters. Peace and blessings be upon the prophet. I want to ask a question: I have three kids (2 boys and a girl) ilhumdulillah; what I want to know is is it halal or haram for me to use birth control, since right now we don't want any more children. (I just gave birth to A'isha in December 2004) We also have Ibrahim (5 years) and Idris (3 yrs). Life is expensive and we just can't afford any more. The thing is, I feel like birth control is haram. what do u think? :sl:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Celestial
04-24-2005, 11:00 AM
salaam, i think that is a very difficult question to answer. but i will try to find out for you today ( inshallah ).

Uthman
04-24-2005, 11:39 AM
:sl:

Welcome to the forums sister. :) Insha'Allah you will have a very enjoyable stay. :)

Now coming to the issue of birth control, there is nothing in Islam that prohibits it so long as it is done consensually for valid reasons such as the following: putting off pregnancy until such time when the spouses are in a better position to shoulder the responsibilities of parenting, to allow for space between pregnancies in order to provide proper nurturing and care to existing children, et cetera.

Birth control is, however, forbidden or undesirable when it is resorted to as a permanent measure to prevent conception altogether; likewise, it is forbidden if resorted to for fear of poverty. Allah says, “Don’t kill your children for fear of poverty; it is We who provide sustenance for them and you; verily killing them is a most heinous crime!” (Al-Isra’: 31). After reflecting on this verse, scholars have concluded that practicing birth control for fear of poverty is unlawful since it implies weakness of faith and trust in Allah as the Provider and Sustainer of all beings.”

Source

:w:

Celestial
04-24-2005, 10:45 PM
Salaam, i couldn't have said it better :). but i would like to add that it really dependents on your situation. my advice is to see an scholar and tell him about your situation and see what he says. i don't think we can say much with our knowledge i am afraid.

don't forget that the first reason for someone to get married is to increase the numbers of the muslim umh, the more the better :thumbs_up. and just like osman said Allah will provide for them.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
solid_snake
04-24-2005, 10:56 PM
use birth control.

*charisma*
04-25-2005, 03:12 PM
Asalamu Alaikum

WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME TO THE FORUM OKHTI!!!!!!!!!:):):):):):):):):):):):):)

HOPE YOU WILL ENJOY UR STAY INSHALLAH!

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.