/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Where do the missionaries get their money from?

jello
03-31-2006, 09:42 AM
:sl:

I ahve a friend who was approached by Christian missionaries in disguise during his college days in Alabama. He is wondering about the answer to the question: Where do these Missionaries get so much money to pay for rent, buy furniture, pay bills, etc., of people whom they wish to convert to Christianity ?

Of course, they are doing all this in disguise as "good people" before inviting the "victim" to Christianity, which I think is a dirty way to approach people, but this is how some of them operate...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Malsidabym
04-01-2006, 01:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by jello

Of course, they are doing all this in disguise as "good people" before inviting the "victim" to Christianity, which I think is a dirty way to approach people, but this is how some of them operate...
What makes you think it is a disguise? Is it really that hard to believe that a christian might actually be a good person? Well, have I got a couple of sweet old ladies that you need to meet, they might change your opinion(might fatten you up too with some real good cooking)
How many muslim "good people" are out helping those in need? What is wrong with helping those in need in the name of your religion? I personally would have no problem with people helping others out in the name of islam, buddha or any other. I think it is a dirty to incorporate religion into politics, this forces people in the country to live under a religion they may not choose. But it is only my opinion.

jello
04-01-2006, 02:51 AM
Yes, I believe it is a very dirty trick to help people not because you wish to help them but because you want to fool them into believing that Christians are such nice people and that I should convert to their faith... If it is done once in a while it could be seen as genuine care,but if it done ad nauseum it looses most of its luster.

Hey, if they want to propagate their religion, why don't they act like men and say we want you to leave Islam/Hinduism/Buddhism and come to Christianity. Or is it because they know deep donw their religion stands on nothingother than fooling people?

Actually it is much worse for their cause in many many cases if the "victim" finds out before the missionaries deliver their "sales pitch" what the true intentionof all that kindness really was. I knew such wasthe case with my Muslim friend in discussion.

Malsidabym
04-01-2006, 05:23 AM
Yes, I believe it is a very dirty trick to help people not because you wish to help them but because you want to fool them into believing that Christians are such nice people and that I should convert to their faith... If it is done once in a while it could be seen as genuine care,but if it done ad nauseum it looses most of its luster.
A bigoted opinion. It is common around here, not a surprise.
I know individuals that have sacrificed years of their lives to help others, in christian humanitarian groups, other countries, in thier own country, soup kitchens feeding the homeless, battered womens homes, elderly care volunteers, etc.etc. I am humbled by the compassion and generosity of most of these caring people. I "know" some of these people. The ones I know are genuine, generous loving people.
I am not saying all christians are like this, indeed I also know some real twits, even ones like you have described. But I also know muslims who are no different. The people that I know that commit thier lives to helping others offer freely what they have, including their faith. They do not force it on anyone. It is certainly not required to accept thier faith to receive their help as you are implying.
It may be difficult to believe that people would be this generous if one is less than generous themself.

but this is how some of them operate...
Good to see that you may have an open mind, I might have been wrong about you...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Malsidabym
04-01-2006, 05:35 AM
I believe there are three possibilites in regards to your friend.1)He indeed ran into some twits that happened to be christians. 2)He misunderstood thier intentions 3)He is lying about the experience.
All three of these are equally possible. Reasons; 1)obvious 2)entirely possible, happens all the time 3)also happens all the time, we like to bad mouth 'the other guys' when in familiar company. people tend to embellish thier stories to give them more flavour.

snakelegs
04-01-2006, 09:31 AM
Where do these Missionaries get so much money to pay for rent, buy furniture, pay bills, etc., of people whom they wish to convert to Christianity ?
some christian sects are huge businesses - esp. the ones that are on tv. 9"televangelicals" and have no shortage of money.

usamuslimah64
04-01-2006, 11:10 AM
Assalaamu Alaykum:sl: ,
To answer your question about where missionaries get funded? Well, I used to be a christian and the church I belonged to was heavily involved in missions. Most missionaries are funded by their church and many people who are members of the church support them. From time to time, the missionaries come back to their home church and tell them about their progress and at this time they also take up an offering for the missionaries. Also, when they bring a special speaker or singers they take up a donation from the crowd at the event. It's one of the churches way to do fund raising..also, what i was just speaking about was the local church..so if they are also supported by the the whole church..for example..the southern baptist organization..then they would also receive monthly monies to survive on and I suppose that they provide the rent and utilities.
And speaking of tricks, they now send people to learn Arabic and the missionaries actually come inside a mosque and try to talk to people. It actually happened at our mosque, a husband and wife, she wore Hijab, came in and started trying to tell everyone about Jesus..It was a big controversy here. They also move them into neighborhoods that have many Muslims, like dearborn, Michigan. And try to get them in the Arabic speaking community there..
Anyways, I was just letting you know exactly how they are funded:-)
Wa Salaam:w: , Susan

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.