/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Jinn

Hashir21
04-01-2006, 02:23 PM
I've heard that there is a Jinn with each person until s/he dies. If so, can someone try talking with the Jinn? Is that haram to do? Are there any harm in doing that?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Cheb
04-01-2006, 02:25 PM
Yes!!

I will support this soon.

Kittygyal
04-01-2006, 02:26 PM
what is JINN?

take care

itsme01
04-01-2006, 02:27 PM
Jinns are another being. Angels are made of light, human of mud, and Jinns of Smokeless fire.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- Qatada -
04-01-2006, 02:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamgyal
what is JINN?

take care

:salamext:

http://muttaqun.com/jinn.html

:wasalamex

itsme01
04-01-2006, 02:29 PM
There is a Hadith that states: that with every human, a devil is a companion - (however i dont recall it saying Jinn).

Kittygyal
04-01-2006, 02:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah

o thank you ever so much bro and bro itsmeself

thank you :thankyou:

take care

Cheb
04-01-2006, 02:37 PM
Question

Assalamu alaikum respected scholars,

I was wondering if you could resolve my confusion on the jinn. According to the Qur’an, men and jinn were both created by Allah to worship Him. The Qur’an, in its turn, was revealed through Prophet Muhammad (pbuh). Was Muhammad also the prophet for the jinn? If so, are there any evidences in the sunna about his interactions with the jinn? What should we, being humans, know about the nature of this other category of Allah's creation?

Thank-you very much
Wassalam

Answer
Thank you for your question.

Yes, Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) was sent to both humankind and the jinn. One of the Qur’anic chapters (72) is called surat al-Jinn, indicating that there is some importance to be given to the world of jinn. In that chapter, verses 1-15, it explains there, that the Qur’an was conveyed to the jinn and that some of them believed while others disbelieved. There are also many evidences in the sunnah, referring to the world of jinn and the Prophet’s interaction with it.

What we humans should know, is what has been revealed to us through the Qur’an and the sunnah, which may be summed up in the following six points:

Jinns are created from fire (different from Angels who are created from light) and are normally invisible to humans. The fact that their origin was from elemental fire does not mean that they exist as fire, any more than humans being created from earth exist as clumps of earth.

Jinns have free will like humans (different from Angels who have no free will), as such some are disbelievers while others are believers (i.e. Muslims). Consequently, Satan (Iblees) was a jinn and not an angel.

Prophet Sulaymaan was given control over the jinn as his miracle. Thus, no human can claim control over the jinn for good or evil.

Jinns may interfere in our world through the agency of fortunetellers, magicians, mediums, spirit-possessions, etc. Consequently, supernatural events and experiences (visions) can be explained by their interference.

Seeking help from them is forbidden as it leads to shirk (associating partners with Allah).

Protection from them should be done according to sunnah, using Qur’anic recitations and not any forms of charms or amulets.

Further authentic information may be gotten from my books “Ibn Taymeeyah’s Essay on the Jinn” and “The Exorcist Tradition in Islam”, as well as “The World of the Angels and the Jinn” by Umar al-Ashqar.

Mr. Lamaan Ball, editor of Ask About Islam, adds:

As you can see from Dr. Bilal Philips' answer, we should seek knowledge of the jinn only from the Qur'an and the Sunnah - and this was summarized well here. We should also not seek their help. So, in conclusion I feel is is worth mentioning that as Muslims we do not have benefits in seeking interactions with the jinn. Because of this, we should avoid concerning ourselves with this part of Allah's creation more than is necessary and should instead focus on dealing with the many pressing social, moral and political problems we need to deal with.

http://www.islam-online.net/servlet/...=1123996015532

Skillganon
04-01-2006, 02:39 PM
You should not worry about Jinn's, nor should you try to contact them!
They are deviouse creatures. Many oracles, sages, stuff like fortune telling, they contact Jinn's. It is haram!

Hashir21
04-01-2006, 02:46 PM
Thanks all of you for you help. Jazakallah

Sanaa'
04-01-2006, 08:15 PM
:sl:
wow, really.. fortune tellers contact jinn?.. so what they say is actually tru?. I always thought they just wanted money..
anyways.. when people ask me to explain jinns, I usually have a hard time explaining them.. can anyone help me wit that?
:w:

afriend
04-01-2006, 08:18 PM
No, they are not always correct. But some do tell the truth, but they are messing with the Qadr of Allah, So don't mess with it.

The jinns pile up, one on top another, they keep on piling up until they reach the heavens, wer the angels talk about such and such's future, the Jinns listen, but wen the angels find out they are ther, they drive em off wiv stars, that's why we see shooting stars.

Cheb
04-01-2006, 08:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
No, they are not always correct. But some do tell the truth, but they are messing with the Qadr of Allah, So don't mess with it.

The jinns pile up, one on top another, they keep on piling up until they reach the heavens, wer the angels talk about such and such's future, the Jinns listen, but wen the angels find out they are ther, they drive em off wiv stars, that's why we see shooting stars.
Salam.
Where did you get this from?
I am pretty sure shooting stars are caused by meteors entering the earths atmosphere and burning up as they descend. Oh they arent actually stars of course :happy: :rollseyes

- Qatada -
04-01-2006, 08:42 PM

Hadith - Al-Bukhari 7.657, Narrated 'Aisha, r.a.

Some people asked Allah's Apostle (sal Allaahu alayhi waSalam) about the foretunetellers. He said. -They are nothing." They said, -O Allah's Apostle! Sometimes they tell us of a thing which turns out to be true." Allah's Apostle sal Allaahu alayhi waSalam said, "A Jinn snatches that true word and pours it into the ear of his friend (the foreteller) (as one puts something into a bottle). The foreteller then mixes with that word one hundred lies."

And we have, (from of old), adorned the lowest heaven with Lamps, and We have made such (Lamps) (as) missiles to drive away the Evil Ones, and have prepared for them the Penalty of the Blazing Fire. (Surah Mulk 67:05)

- Qatada -
04-01-2006, 08:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hashir21
I've heard that there is a Jinn with each person until s/he dies. If so, can someone try talking with the Jinn? Is that haram to do? Are there any harm in doing that?

Hadith - Sahih Muslim 6757, Narrated Abdullah ibn Mas'ud, similar narration 6759 by 'Aisha, r.a.

Allah's Apostle May Allah's peace and blessings be on him said: There is none amongst you with whom is not an attache from amongst the jinn (devil). They (the Companions) said: Allah's Apostle May Allah's peace and blessings be on him with you too? Thereupon he said: Yes, but Allah helps me against him and so I am safe from his hand and he does not command me but for good.

more info.

Cheb
04-01-2006, 08:48 PM
Thanks. I am not doubting the hadith, I am just saying should this really be interpreted as shooting stars?
I am only pointing this out to make things clear.

- Qatada -
04-01-2006, 09:00 PM

In the Tafsir of Ibn Kathir: [explaining the ayah 67:05)

(And indeed We have adorned the nearest heaven with lamps, ) This refers to the stars which have been placed in the heavens, some moving and some stationary. In Allah's statement,

[وَجَعَلْنَـهَا رُجُوماً لِّلشَّيَـطِينِ]

(and We have made them (as) missiles to drive away the Shayatin,) The pronoun `them' in His statement, "and We have made them'' is the same type of statement as the stars being referred to as lamps. This does not mean that they are actually missiles, because the stars in the sky are not thrown. Rather, it is the meteors beneath them that are thrown and they are taken from the stars. And Allah knows best. Concerning Allah's statement,

[وَأَعْتَدْنَا لَهُمْ عَذَابَ السَّعِيرِ]

(and We have prepared for them the torment of the blazing Fire.) means, `We have made this disgrace for the devils in this life and We have prepared for them the torment of the blazing Fire in the Hereafter.' This is as Allah said in the beginning of Surat As-Saffat,[/B]

[إِنَّا زَيَّنَّا السَّمَآءَ الدُّنْيَا بِزِينَةٍ الْكَوَكِبِ - وَحِفْظاً مِّن كُلِّ شَيْطَـنٍ مَّارِدٍ - لاَّ يَسَّمَّعُونَ إِلَى الْمَلإِ الاٌّعْلَى وَيُقْذَفُونَ مِن كُلِّ جَانِبٍ - دُحُوراً وَلَهُمْ عَذابٌ وَاصِبٌ - إِلاَّ مَنْ خَطِفَ الْخَطْفَةَ فَأَتْبَعَهُ شِهَابٌ ثَاقِبٌ ]

(Verily, We have adorned the near heaven with the stars (for beauty). And to guard against every rebellious devil. They cannot listen to the higher group (angels) for they are pelted from every side. Outcast, and theirs is a constant (or painful) torment. Except such as snatch away something by stealing, and they are pursued by a flaming fire of piercing brightness.) [37:6-7] Qatadah said, "These stars were only created for three purposes: Allah created them as adornment for the heaven (sky), as missiles for the devils and as signs for navigation. Therefore, whoever seeks to interpret any other meanings for them other than these, then verily he has spoken with his own opinion, he has lost his portion and burdened himself with that which he has no knowledge of.''

wa Allaahu ta'aala a'lam. (and Allaah Almighty knows best.)

source: http://www.tafsir.com/default.asp?sid=67&tid=54476

itsme01
04-01-2006, 09:01 PM
it is reported that there are 3 kinds of Jinns. Some with wings, some who walk the earth, while other who crawl.

Its similar to what we have in our system, i.e. Birds (wings), Animals (walk), and worms (insects).

- Qatada -
04-01-2006, 09:04 PM

Lets all get evidences insha'Allaah, so no-one gets confused insha'Allaah. :)

Narration - Reported by al-Tahhaawi in Mushkil al-Athaar, 4/95, and by al-Tabaraani in al-Kabeer, 22/214

Abu Tha’labah al-Khushani said: “The Messenger of Allaah May Allah's peace and blessings be on him said: ‘The jinn are of three types: a types that has wings, and they fly through the air; a type that looks like snakes and dogs; and a type that stops for a rest then resumes its journey.” [Shaykh al-Albaani said in al-Mishkaat (2/1206, no. 4148): al-Tahhaawi and Abu’l-Shaykh reported it with a saheeh isnaad]

You can get loads of authentic hadith and ayah from the following site insha'Allaah:

http://www.muttaqun.com/

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.