/* */

PDA

View Full Version : regarding life insurance

Roo_88
04-01-2006, 11:37 PM
Asalaam Alay'kum
i am currently taking a financing course for the part-time job i have in an insurance company;but i believe life insurance is prohibited in Islam. I have also heard that it is permanant policy (where one pays premium every month until they pass away) which is haraam, because we can't put a price on death. Also there is term policy, where one buys a policy for a period of time, for instance 20 or 30 years but they still pay premium every month ofcourse. And i heard the term policy is ok to have. So i am very confused about this because the reason why i joined this company is to help people come out of debt and give them a peace of mind because if God forbid something happens to them, their children or spouse gets the money to pay for his/her funeral and other expenses. So can you please tell me if it is ok to have someone insured or not, i would really appreciate it. Jazak'Allah khair.
Wasalaam Alay'kum

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
04-03-2006, 01:10 PM
Salaam:thankyou:
I don't think insurance is allowed coz Allah will provide to those who need him. If Allah has made something haram then obviously since he is the all knowing something good will come out of it.

Peace:)

Sis786
04-03-2006, 01:47 PM
YEAH this is true when you take out a Mortgage you need to get life insurance and therefore i have both which is both haraam and im trying to get rid of.

But yeah Allah alone provides and so life insurance would be haraam

Skillganon
04-03-2006, 11:20 PM
Forget Insurance,

Let's regard Life Because of this video's please visit this thread below for a link.
http://www.islamicboard.com/world-af...-atrocity.html (Fallujah:The Flame of Atrocity)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
laylatul qadar
04-05-2006, 02:22 AM
if its haram its haram and as you said who can put a price on death so just forget about it and you wont need money when you die you will only need enough good deeds to go to jannah inshallah

04-05-2006, 08:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by laylatul qadar
if its haram its haram and as you said who can put a price on death so just forget about it and you wont need money when you die you will only need enough good deeds to go to jannah inshallah
I agree. And i'm not sure of the exact hadith but if u read surah Waqi'ah every night before u go to bed then Allah will save u from poverty.

Farhiya
04-07-2006, 11:57 PM
salaamu calikum, Sister

i came across this kind of qs u have...check it out...see u on monday inshaallah.

Question :

Salam Alicom, A friend of mine has gotten an offer from a life insurance company in...

Answer :

Al-hamdu lillah (praise be to Allah). Life insurance is among the most severely prohibited types of insurance if not the single worst one. It is no doubt a type of gambling, and thus working in this field of employment is haram (prohibited), and it is forbidden to be a partner in helping people towards sin and enmity.

While taking into consideration the situation of this brother and the difficulty and distress that he has fallen into, I can but say: (translation of the meaning from surat al-Talaaq:2-3)

“And for those who fear Allah, He (ever) prepares for him a way out. And He provides for him from (sources) he could never expect” (65:2-3)

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid (www.islam-qa.com)

Roo_88
04-11-2006, 10:37 PM
Asalaam Alay'kum

JazakAllah khair brothers and sisters for your responses:)

salafiah
04-20-2006, 04:24 PM
Life Insurrance Policy is Haram in Islam.

j4763
04-20-2006, 04:30 PM
So when you die (without life insurance) who will pay the outstanding mortgage? Your wife/children? What if you die young and your children are to young to work and wife doesn’t have a job, how will they cope? Or don’t your loved ones matter once your dead?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.