/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Britain in secret talks on striking Iran

DaSangarTalib
04-02-2006, 05:38 PM
The British Government plans to hold secret talks tomorrow with defence chiefs to discuss possible military strike against Iran, UK’s Telegraph has reported.

During tomorrow’s high-level meeting, which will be held in the Ministry of Defence, senior defence chiefs and government officials will discuss consequences of a possible strike on Tehran.

But a Ministry of Defence spokesman denied reports that military officers will meet to discuss possible U.S-led military action against Iran.

Earlier the U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice repeated claims that the U.S. was "committed" to dealing with the Islamic Republic diplomatically.

Speaking to ITV1's Jonathan Dimbleby programme, Rice said "we believe that diplomacy has a chance to work but we are going to work with whomever we can, in whatever form we can, diplomatically, to try and bring the Iranians around.

“Iran is not Iraq”

"Iran is not Iraq. I know that's what's on people's minds. The circumstances are different."

"However, the President of the United States doesn't take his options off the table," she added.

UK Foreign Secretary Jack Straw, also interviewed on Iran’s nuclear ambitions, said: "We are working very hard to resolve this by diplomatic means."

Straw conceded UN Security Council member Russia was "anxious" about Iran.

"They are worried about the possibility of the Iranians stirring up trouble for them, but they also share our high suspicions that Iran may be using its civil nuclear capability to develop a nuclear weapon and they do not want that," he said.

But it is widely believed that a possible attack led by the United States and targeting Tehran’s nuclear installations is "inevitable" if its leaders failed to end the current standoff over the Islamic Republic’s nuclear activities, which America, backed by Israel and the European Union, claims are being used as a guise for hidden plans to produce a nuclear bomb.

Recently, the United Nations Security Council demanded Iran to freeze its uranium program.

Bush’s admin seeks to lobby international support over a possible attack targeting Iran’s nuclear facilities, but defence chiefs believe Washington is willing to launch the attack on its own or with the help of Israel.

UK military officials believe a possible strike against Iran would only involve a series of air strikes against the country’s nuclear plants.

Shrugging off mounting international pressure against the country’s nuclear program, Iran's foreign minister reiterated Friday that Iran won’t give up its right to peacefully pursue nuclear technology.

However, Manuchehr Mottaki, who delivered speeches for international audiences on Thursday and Friday, played down the possibility of a confrontation over the matter.

Mottaki ruled out escalation Iran warned against earlier in case it was referred to the United Nations Security Council over its nuclear program.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
04-02-2006, 05:43 PM
if they attack iran i wonder if da muslims are jus gnna sit bak n watch again....

:sl:

afriend
04-02-2006, 05:43 PM

Well.....I mean.......We all saw it coming, it's just that I hope that Iqran Kick but!!

Iran is not Iraq.
Hell no.....cos they can kick their buts!

IbnAbdulHakim
04-02-2006, 05:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram

Well.....I mean.......We all saw it coming, it's just that I hope that Iqran Kick but!!

Hell no.....cos they can kick their buts!
iran are makin nuclear weopens i hear, im thinkin bout takin refuge in.... LOL THERES NO SAFE PLACE BLOODY HEK!! o well lets go and fight jihad fi-sabillilah

DESTINATION - JANNAH!!!!!!!!!! ;D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
hamzaa
04-02-2006, 06:30 PM
salaam

I wonder if these talks will consist of any of the following extracts:

Blair: Before we commence talks we better speak to george, after all we follow his orders"

*Cue phonecall*

Blair: Hi, George? its me tony?

Bush: Tony??! (squinty eye expression)..........

Blair: Hi, yes, well? British prime minister? labour party? Remember me, george?

Bush: George??!, who the f@~# is george? Its President Bush....You better get it rite, before I give orders for more "friendly-fire" This better be good, cause i'm in the middle of watching NFL and eating some pretzels.

Blair: Forgive me, mr president, but we need to address the possibility of a nuclear attack form Iran.

Bush: Iran?? I thought we invaded? Has sudaaam been brought back into power?

Blair: Mr president, your mistaking Iraq for Iran......

Bush: Iraq? Iran? OH, I always do this, wheres my script? ..condolizzzaa ?.....

*chokes on a pretzel*

Blair: " Hello?...... Mr president"

Bush: aaaahh, eeuuww./, DAAAADD!!

newark nick
04-02-2006, 09:16 PM
I'm sure the plans have been 'in the can' for a while now. There shouldn't be much to talk about. :hiding:

newark nick
04-02-2006, 09:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid
if they attack iran i wonder if da muslims are jus gnna sit bak n watch again....

Of course you'll sit back and do nothing. That's a "no-brainer". Oh, you'll prance around in the streets chanting "Death to Everyone " and work yourselves into a tizzy, but that's so old we don't even laugh at that anymore. :hiding:

IbnAbdulHakim
04-02-2006, 09:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by newark nick
Of course you'll sit back and do nothing. That's a "no-brainer". Oh, you'll prance around in the streets chanting "Death to Everyone " and work yourselves into a tizzy, but that's so old we don't even laugh at that anymore. :hiding:
death to everyone? I ask you to think twice before making such remarks!!

:peace:

Wahid
04-02-2006, 09:36 PM
newark nick:
yea or we can bomb isreals nuclear reactors or as i think iran already has lots of wmd turn isreal into a gas chamber
in event of an attack ofcourse for self defence

Muezzin
04-02-2006, 09:37 PM
Weren't you banned?

IbnAbdulHakim
04-02-2006, 09:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Weren't you banned for being an ignorant butthead in general?
dont stoop to his level of name callin bro. Us muslims were taught better then that :)

newark nick
04-02-2006, 09:43 PM
death to everyone? I ask you to think twice before making such remarks!!:peace:

Well, usually the popular chants are "Death to America" or "Death to Israel" or "Death to England" or "...Denmark" or "... Holland". But I was trying to avoid typing all them out, so I just used "Everyone". Just trying to save some typing (didn't work). So, will you be out, chanting, tizzy-working, Mr. Majid ? :hiding:

IbnAbdulHakim
04-02-2006, 09:46 PM
Well, usually the popular chants are "Death to America" or "Death to Israel" or "Death to England" or "...Denmark" or "... Holland". But I was trying to avoid typing all them out, so I just used "Everyone". Just trying to save some typing (didn't work). So, will you be out, chanting, tizzy-working, Mr. Majid ? :hiding:
No i was actually discussing with a friend the other day the uselessness of these marches etc. All they do is give attention to the attention seekers. I see no benefit coming out of them. However i wud get a stronger urge to join the mujahids :)

newark nick
04-02-2006, 09:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Weren't you banned?

A few times. For posting those articles about Mahmoud Ah MAD inejad. The mods said "Radio Free Europe" and "The Telegraph of London" weren't "authentic" news agencies, and banned me. Have you seen some of the "news sources" being used on this site ? PLEASE ! And then, all of a sudden, I guess they had a "change of heart." If injecting a bit of truth into this site is being a "butthead", then I plead guilty in the first degree. :hiding:

newark nick
04-02-2006, 09:57 PM
... However i wud get a stronger urge to join the mujahids :):peace:

Anytime you feel you are ready to go fight the "Great Satan", I would be more than happy to pay for your one-way ticket from England to Iran, or Iraq or Afghanistan. You pick, I'll pay. I'm as serious as cancer. But you have to fight, not site-see. :hiding:

IbnAbdulHakim
04-02-2006, 10:00 PM
Anytime you feel you are ready to go fight the "Great Satan", I would be more than happy to pay for your one-way ticket from England to Iran, or Iraq or Afghanistan. You pick, I'll pay. I'm as serious as cancer. But you have to fight, not site-see. :hiding:
thx man i'll pm u my email address, if i eva get this strong urge (inshaAllah) then i'll let u kno. Just send me the money, oh and if u can send a couple of thousands to my family for support :)

I really appreciate it man, i'll rememba u wen i die :)

:peace: peace

hamzaa
04-02-2006, 10:45 PM
Peace, awfully kind of you, I must say...:uhwhat

Joe98
04-03-2006, 12:00 AM

Any attack on iran would be an attack on Iran, not an attack on Islam.

-

IbnAbdulHakim
04-03-2006, 11:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Joe98
Any attack on iran would be an attack on Iran, not an attack on Islam.

-
its still our brothers and sisters that will be slaughtered, u may not understand but we feel bonded wiv any muslims in this world. If an islamic state is attacked we feel obligated to help!!!

ALLAHU AKBAR

HeiGou
04-03-2006, 11:15 AM
its still our brothers and sisters that will be slaughtered, u may not understand but we feel bonded wiv any muslims in this world. If an islamic state is attacked we feel obligated to help!!!
And so all further Muslim immigration to the West ought to be stopped and as many here as possible should be encouraged to leave.

This attitude just leads to the "Sharon solution" - you over there, us over here and a big Wall in between. If you spurn the hand of friendship what do you think you will get instead?

I do not say that you should not be concerned, but if you reject the West, the West will reject you too.

knuckles
04-03-2006, 02:27 PM
You know what newark I'll go half on the tickets with you if we can send fight&die with him. I'll even spring for first class tickets for them.

hamzaa
04-03-2006, 02:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by knuckles
You know what newark I'll go half on the tickets with you if we can send fight&die with him. I'll even spring for first class tickets for them.
Peace, top banana!.....:uhwhat

Ghazi
04-03-2006, 02:34 PM
Salaam

While your at it book me some first class tickets to chechnya :giggling:

IbnAbdulHakim
04-03-2006, 02:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth
Salaam

While your at it book me some first class tickets to chechnya :giggling:
CAN U BELIEVE IT BRO, WE GNNA GET NIIICE RIDES DOWN TO MUJAHID VILLE ;D ;D ;D :coolbro:

Ghazi
04-03-2006, 02:56 PM
CAN U BELIEVE IT BRO, WE GNNA GET NIIICE RIDES DOWN TO MUJAHID VILLE ;D ;D ;D :coolbro:
Salaam

True, It'll be a nice ride before the CIA turn up at the airport.

knuckles
04-03-2006, 03:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth
Salaam

True, It'll be a nice ride before the CIA turn up at the airport.
If Allah wills it they's miss your plane now wouldn't they :brother:

IbnAbdulHakim
04-03-2006, 04:00 PM
If Allah wills it they's miss your plane now wouldn't they :brother:
im sure thats another field you can giv us a hand in ;) lol

knuckles
04-03-2006, 04:02 PM
im sure thats another field you can giv us a hand in ;) lol
Sorry that's something you gotta sort out between MI-6, CIA, KGB, yourself and Allah.

IbnAbdulHakim
04-03-2006, 04:08 PM
Sorry that's something you gotta sort out between MI-6, CIA, KGB, yourself and Allah.
omg u useless man!!! lol jus kiddin :p

Bittersteel
04-03-2006, 04:11 PM
I do not say that you should not be concerned, but if you reject the West, the West will reject you too.
right now we got a single major probloem with the west.its foreign policies.and double standards.

knuckles
04-03-2006, 04:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abrar
right now we got a single major probloem with the west.its foreign policies.and double standards.
What double Standard?

knuckles
04-03-2006, 04:16 PM
omg u useless man!!! lol jus kiddin :p

Actually my wife find me very useful

IbnAbdulHakim
04-03-2006, 04:18 PM
Actually my wife find me very useful
man cleaning up and doing slave work doesnt count :uhwhat

knuckles
04-03-2006, 04:20 PM
man cleaning up and doing slave work doesnt count :uhwhat

Slave work? Explain.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.