/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Story of the atheist professor

Maimunah
04-02-2006, 07:56 PM
asalaamu aleykum sisters n brothers
i posted this in the sisters section n a sis told me that i should post it here too:giggling: so here we go;)

A got this artical from a friend and i thought that i should share it with ma sisterz n brotherz in islam.
once u read this, u will realised that once you have faith in allah, u will stand up for anthing alhamdulilaah.:statisfie

so enjoy readin it inshaallah and i hope u learn a lesson from it:happy:

once:
There was a professor of philosophy who was a deeply committed atheist.

His primary goal for one required class was to spend the entire semester attempting to prove that God couldn't exist.

His students were always afraid to argue with him because of his impeccable logic.

For twenty years, he had taught this class and no one had ever had the courage to go against him. Sure, some had argued in class at times, but no one had ever really gone against him because of his reputation.

At the end of every semester on the last day, he would say to his class of 300 students, "If there is anyone here who still believes in God, stand up!"

In twenty years, no one had ever stood up. They knew what he was going to do next. He would say, "Because anyone who believes in God is a fool. If God existed, he could stop this piece of chalk from hitting the ground and breaking. Such a simple task to prove that He is God, and yet He can't do it." And every year, he would drop the chalk onto the tile floor of the classroom and it would shatter into a hundred pieces. All of the students would do nothing but stop and stare.

Most of the students thought that God couldn't exist. Certainly, a number of Christians had slipped through, but for 20 years, they had been too afraid to stand up.

Well, a few years ago there was a freshman who happened to enroll. He was a muslim, and had heard the stories about his professor. He was required to take the class for his major, and he was afraid. But for three months that semester, he prayed every morning that he would have the courage to stand up no matter what the professor said, or what the class thought. Nothing they said could ever shatter his faith...he hoped. Finally, the day came. The professor said, "If there is anyone here who still believes in God, stand up!" The professor and the class of 300 people looked at him, shocked, as he stood up at the back of the classroom. The professor shouted, "You FOOL!!! If God existed, he would keep this piece of chalk from breaking when it hit the ground!" He proceeded to drop the chalk, but as he did, it slipped out of his fingers, off his shirt cuff, onto the pleat of his pants, down his leg, and off his shoe. As it hit the ground, it simply rolled away unbroken. The professor's jaw dropped as he stared at the chalk. He looked up at the young man, and then ran out of the lecture hall. The young man who had stood, proceeded to walk to the front of the room and shared his faith in Islam for the next half hour. 300 students stayed and listened as he told of Allah's love for them and to be the followers Of our beloved prophet Mohammed (saw)

mashaallah may allah increase us in knowledge and may he make us those who stand up for him always:)
:w: :sister:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
The Ruler
04-02-2006, 07:58 PM
thats nice :happy: :thumbs_up

format_quote Originally Posted by mashaallah
mashaallah may allah increase us in knowledge and may he make us those who stand up for him always
Ameen :)

:w:

Umm Yoosuf
04-02-2006, 08:04 PM
:w:

Interesting. Ameen to the du'a.

asalaamu aleykum bro/sis - 2 Minutes Ago

i posted this in the sisters section
I never saw it :hiding:

- Qatada -
04-02-2006, 08:06 PM
:wasalamex

masha'Allaah good story. that was interestin.

:salamext:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.