/* */

PDA

View Full Version : i need help?

Najmaa
04-02-2006, 08:58 PM
i am having a hard time performing my duties as a muslim? everytime i tell my self that i should pray it just neva happens something always gets in the way.. even though i may have the intention but get down to doing it is hard?

Please help?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ghazi
04-02-2006, 09:00 PM
Salaam

This site should be useful www.islamworld.net

Maimunah
04-02-2006, 09:13 PM
salaam hope this helps
The Importance of Salah in Islam
Salah is the 2nd and most important pillar of Islam. The second you say the 1st Kalima, salah is mandatory on every Muslim. There are no excuses, not even when you are ill, on a journey or even in war.

Allah (s.w.t.) has said in the Holy Qur’an: "I have not created the jinn and humankind for any other purpose except that they should worship me."

Salah strengthens the foundations of our faith. It prepares a person to live the life of goodness and obedience to Allah (s.w.t.), and it builds courage and determination. Every time we perform salah, we renew our commitments to Allah (s.w.t.) and we rid ourselves from worldly pressures 5 times a day.

Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.) said "The person that observes prayer properly, the prayer itself, blesses him with good wishes."

According to a hadith a companion of Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.) came to him one day and asked him "What is the thing that Allah (s.w.t.) loves most?" Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.) replied "The thing that Allah (s.w.t.) loves most is when his people pray salah on time."

A muslim who does not move from his place after hearing the call for prayer even if his intention is to read it at home or at the masjid in fact proves that either he does not even understand what his duty is, or if he does understand it he is so stupid and worthless, that he is quite unfit to remain in the army of Allah (s.w.t.).

Salah is a practical sign of obedience to the commands of Allah (s.w.t.). Its importance has been emphasized about 500 times in the Holy Qur’an.

Once Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.) shook a dry branch of a tree so that all of the leaves of the branch fell off than the Prophet (s.a.w.) said "The sins of those who pray Salah, drop off as the leaves of this branch fell off."

Before salah, we make Wudu. Wudu is a unique way of cleansing certain parts of our body so we are clean before bowing down to the one who created us, who created the universe the one and only Allah (s.w.t.).

The Rasulallah (s.a.w.) once asked his companions "Tell me if there was a river at the door step of one of you in which you washed 5 times a day would any of your dirt remain?" When he received the reply that none of it would remain he then said "That is like the 5 times Salah, with which Allah (s.w.t.) wipes out sin.

The last thing that Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.) emphasized at his deathbed was SALAH. He also said the first thing we will have to answer about on the day of judgement is SALAH.

It is said in the Holy Qur’an: "And truly Salah is hard save for the humble minded." Meaning, that Salah is hard only on those who are not ready to lead a life of obedience to Allah (s.w.t.), and on whom Salah is hard, provides himself proof of not being fit for the servitude and obedience to Allah (s.w.t.).

Salah improves and helps us to attain high moral qualities and to build a strong defense against evils which exist around us.

It is said in the Holy Qur’an, surely, Salah keeps you away from indecency and evil. This is why the prayer is described as "remembrance" to Allah (s.w.t.).

Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.) said the bond man is nearest to Allah (s.w.t.) at the moment when he is lying in prostration before him.

Salah reminds you of Allah (s.w.t.), when you get up in the morning, it reminds you three more times when you are busy during the day, and once again before you go to bed.

Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.) once said, "The worst form of theft, is the theft of prayer." "How can one commit theft in prayer?" his companions asked, The Holy Prophet (p.b.u.h.) replied "By skipping on the complete performance of bows and prostration’s."

While in salah one communicates with Allah (s.w.t.) and experiences his presence. That’s why a hadith says: Salah is the Meraaj of a Momin.

The Rasulullah (s.a.w.) also said "The key to HEAVEN is SALAH. The key to SALAH is PURIFICATION.

Praying, to the Creator on a daily basis, is the best way to cultivate in a man a sound personality and to actualize his aspiration. Allah does not need man's prayer because He is free of all needs. Salah is for our benefit which are immeasurable and the blessings are beyond imagination.

In salah, every muscle of the body joins the soul and the mind in the worship and glory of Allah. Salah is an act of worship. It is a matchless and unprecedented formula of intellectual meditation and spiritual devotion, of moral elevation and physical exercise, all combined.

Offering of salah is obligatory upon every Muslim male and female who is sane, mature and in case of women free from menstruation and confinement due to child birth. Requirements of salah: performing of ablution (Wudu), purity of the whole body, clothes and ground used for prayer, dressing properly and having (or declaring) the intention and facing the Qiblah; the direction of the Ka'bah at Mecca.

bin walid
04-02-2006, 09:14 PM
:sl:
Try and bring certain prayers into your life without missing them,say your praying two..make sure that the two you pray become's a part of your life and just a normal habit just like other things that become a habit then try and increase the number by one so you will be praying three until that also becomes a normal habit,a normal habit requires no effort cus thats just part of you,you should feel regeret missing them and feel horrible,and try and build up to the five..also increase the nawafil because that will safegaurd the sunnah and the sunnah will safegaurd the faraidh.If get the whole ocean and drop it on a stone it wont effect the stone buit if you get the ocean and drop it bit by bit it will even change the shape of a hard stone.so of course the lowley nafs and desires need to be trained.i hope this advise from your worthelss brother helped.
wassalaam.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
*LJ*
04-02-2006, 09:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by bin walid
Try and bring certain prayers into your life without missing them,say your praying two..make sure that the two you pray become's a part of your life and just a normal habit just like other things that become a habit then try and increase the number by one so you will be praying three until that also becomes a normal habit,a normal habit requires no effort cus thats just part of you,you should feel regeret missing them and feel horrible,and try and build up to the five..also increase the nawafil because that will safegaurd the sunnah and the sunnah will safegaurd the faraidh.If get the whole ocean and drop it on a stone it wont effect the stone buit if you get the ocean and drop it bit by bit it will even change the shape of a hard stone.so of course the lowley nafs and desires need to be trained.i hope this advise from your worthelss brother helped.
wassalaam.
Salamu alaikum,

I just want to say i agree with bin walid's comments. I would recommend just starting with one and after a few weeks, or whenever you feel ready add another one, and when you start one, say to yourself that you will do it everyday, and don't let anything get in the way, try to arrange things around your salah.

I found Fajr easiest to start with, because very little could get in the way for me at that time in the morning, lol, plus its only 2 rakah so i found that the easiest to start with. But I'm pretty good at waking up, it depends on the person I guess, I would say try and start with the one which is least likely to affect other things. And once you got one a day it'll be so much easier to add another one inshaAllah :)

And probably the best piece of advice is be patient, and keep praying to Allah(swt) that it becomes easy for you to do your salah :)

Keep going sister, you'll be rewarded for your efforts, and when you manage to get to 5 a day it feels amazing, subhanAllah

I pray you do well in your salah :)

Salamu alaikum

Najmaa
04-02-2006, 10:14 PM
Jazakallahul Khayr to all you for your advise and guidelines..

may allah (SWT) continue to guide us all...

zircon
04-02-2006, 11:21 PM
Watch your thoughts, they become words. Watch your words, they become actions. Watch your actions, they become habits. Watch your habits, they become character. Watch your character, they become destiny.

khadija001
04-03-2006, 02:06 AM
assalamualaikum everyone actually i have same problem everyday i say to myself that i will make salah but every time there's something that makes me forgt it but i wanna know how to make it everyday

04-03-2006, 10:17 AM
Keep praying 2 allah for guidance. So long as u keep trying Allah will help u inshaallah.:)
wassalam

------
04-03-2006, 11:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by khadija001
assalamualaikum everyone actually i have same problem everyday i say to myself that i will make salah but every time there's something that makes me forgt it but i wanna know how to make it everyday

Try putting reminders on your mobile fone if you carry it around with you.
Or try to read Qur'an as that might araise your awareness Inshallah.

And Allah swt knows best

:w:

Najmaa
04-03-2006, 03:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by khadija001
asalamu alaykum sis,

i got really good advise from some of the members in this forum and but one sister reminded me the purpose of salah.. and the great importance of it.. her username is 'Mashaallah'... she

The Importance of Salah in Islam
Salah is the 2nd and most important pillar of Islam. The second you say the 1st Kalima, salah is mandatory on every Muslim. There are no excuses, not even when you are ill, on a journey or even in war.

Allah (s.w.t.) has said in the Holy Qur’an: "I have not created the jinn and humankind for any other purpose except that they should worship me."

Salah strengthens the foundations of our faith. It prepares a person to live the life of goodness and obedience to Allah (s.w.t.), and it builds courage and determination. Every time we perform salah, we renew our commitments to Allah (s.w.t.) and we rid ourselves from worldly pressures 5 times a day.

Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.) said "The person that observes prayer properly, the prayer itself, blesses him with good wishes."

According to a hadith a companion of Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.) came to him one day and asked him "What is the thing that Allah (s.w.t.) loves most?" Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.) replied "The thing that Allah (s.w.t.) loves most is when his people pray salah on time."

A muslim who does not move from his place after hearing the call for prayer even if his intention is to read it at home or at the masjid in fact proves that either he does not even understand what his duty is, or if he does understand it he is so stupid and worthless, that he is quite unfit to remain in the army of Allah (s.w.t.).

Salah is a practical sign of obedience to the commands of Allah (s.w.t.). Its importance has been emphasized about 500 times in the Holy Qur’an.

Once Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.) shook a dry branch of a tree so that all of the leaves of the branch fell off than the Prophet (s.a.w.) said "The sins of those who pray Salah, drop off as the leaves of this branch fell off."

Before salah, we make Wudu. Wudu is a unique way of cleansing certain parts of our body so we are clean before bowing down to the one who created us, who created the universe the one and only Allah (s.w.t.).

The Rasulallah (s.a.w.) once asked his companions "Tell me if there was a river at the door step of one of you in which you washed 5 times a day would any of your dirt remain?" When he received the reply that none of it would remain he then said "That is like the 5 times Salah, with which Allah (s.w.t.) wipes out sin.

The last thing that Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.) emphasized at his deathbed was SALAH. He also said the first thing we will have to answer about on the day of judgement is SALAH.

It is said in the Holy Qur’an: "And truly Salah is hard save for the humble minded." Meaning, that Salah is hard only on those who are not ready to lead a life of obedience to Allah (s.w.t.), and on whom Salah is hard, provides himself proof of not being fit for the servitude and obedience to Allah (s.w.t.).

Salah improves and helps us to attain high moral qualities and to build a strong defense against evils which exist around us.

It is said in the Holy Qur’an, surely, Salah keeps you away from indecency and evil. This is why the prayer is described as "remembrance" to Allah (s.w.t.).

Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.) said the bond man is nearest to Allah (s.w.t.) at the moment when he is lying in prostration before him.

Salah reminds you of Allah (s.w.t.), when you get up in the morning, it reminds you three more times when you are busy during the day, and once again before you go to bed.

Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.) once said, "The worst form of theft, is the theft of prayer." "How can one commit theft in prayer?" his companions asked, The Holy Prophet (p.b.u.h.) replied "By skipping on the complete performance of bows and prostration’s."

While in salah one communicates with Allah (s.w.t.) and experiences his presence. That’s why a hadith says: Salah is the Meraaj of a Momin.

The Rasulullah (s.a.w.) also said "The key to HEAVEN is SALAH. The key to SALAH is PURIFICATION.

Praying, to the Creator on a daily basis, is the best way to cultivate in a man a sound personality and to actualize his aspiration. Allah does not need man's prayer because He is free of all needs. Salah is for our benefit which are immeasurable and the blessings are beyond imagination.

In salah, every muscle of the body joins the soul and the mind in the worship and glory of Allah. Salah is an act of worship. It is a matchless and unprecedented formula of intellectual meditation and spiritual devotion, of moral elevation and physical exercise, all combined.

Offering of salah is obligatory upon every Muslim male and female who is sane, mature and in case of women free from menstruation and confinement due to child birth. Requirements of salah: performing of ablution (Wudu), purity of the whole body, clothes and ground used for prayer, dressing properly and having (or declaring) the intention and facing the Qiblah; the direction of the Ka'bah at Mecca.

O men! Fear your Lord Who created you from a single being and out of it created its mate; and out of the two spread many men and women. Fear Allah in Whose name you plead for rights, and heed the ties of kinship. Surely, Allah is ever watchful over you. (Quran 4:1)

i hope what she said to me will also help you as well....

May allah (SWT) guide us all....

رياح_الشمال
04-04-2006, 10:00 AM
slm
mashALLAH u gt a lot of helps n way of solving da problems
i'd want 2 add that pray 2 ALLAH sacking help coz HE is da only
1 that can really help u guyz
n hope u be ok
keep me in ur dua'a
w slam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!