/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Buying a Laptop Guide

akulion
04-03-2006, 06:40 PM
Salam Alaikum

A lot of people often buy laptops and get confused as to what to look for.

So here is an article written by Experts down at PC World to help you

I just thought I would share it with you all since I stumbled across it :)

How To By a Laptop Guide

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
snakelegs
04-04-2006, 07:29 AM
thanks for this link.

itsme01
04-04-2006, 07:30 AM
Dell so far offers the best laptop for home users (esp. their warranty coverage and pricing)

akulion
04-04-2006, 10:26 PM
Oh you must not have tried Toshiba...in my personal opinion they are light years ahead of Dell

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Z
04-04-2006, 10:30 PM
Salaam.

I think you'll find Acer are offering the best laptops with top-notch specs at almost bargain like prices. I've been using an Acer for almost 2 years now, and so far, no real problems at all. Apart from the being out of date thing now, it's still great. Ofcourse, I can't help it if technology moves so quick.

itsme01
04-05-2006, 02:43 AM
Toshibas are nice but pricy, Dells 9300 is an excellent laptop - for gaming and application (as you can mod it to have Nvidia 7800GTX PCI-E). Also, the warrnaty (accidental warranty) is unique to Dell. As dell puts it: as long as you dont hammer your laptop, we (dell) will replace or fix it.

akulion
04-05-2006, 10:34 AM
yea true dell are cheapest
actually no wait ACER is even cheaper but not as cool

but if someone can afford it they should go for Sony Viao ...woo yum yum really beautiful laptops by Sony

lolwatever
05-07-2006, 06:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by itsme01
Dell so far offers the best laptop for home users (esp. their warranty coverage and pricing)
lol this whole brand name thing is soooooooooo subjective dudes..

put it this way
For Home Office/Word processing and media usage... anyyyyy laptop less than 2 years old is extremely more than enough, different brands have different pros and cons and it all comes down 2 mini gizmos these days

just keep in mind that the 'desktop replacement' laptops are.. as they're called.. 'desktop erplacements', so it might be a bit clumsy to be dragging one of those around. u can only call them laptops if u have multiple laps i guess lol...

you really need to start worrying about performance when it comes to using memory/cpu intensive applications... or if you use the computer for storage intensive work... and if u tend to be of this category... you probably know what to look for without assistance already ;D

akulion
05-07-2006, 02:42 PM
well i need both performance and storage since i work in graphics, flash, audio and sometimes video as well so I prefer desktops to laptops. Plus desktops are easily upgradable and cheaper to upgrade too! Not to mention for the price of a GOOD laptop I could easily buy 3 desktops more powerful than it lol - but thats the price of mobility lol

mahuruf
05-07-2006, 02:49 PM
I just bought a laptop anyway thanks for this link

Kittygyal
05-07-2006, 03:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mahuruf
I just bought a laptop anyway thanks for this link

salam.
bro which one was it:?
w.salam

mahuruf
05-07-2006, 05:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamgyal
bro which one was it:?
HP Compaq NX 6120

Salaam.

lolwatever
05-07-2006, 08:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by akulion
well i need both performance and storage since i work in graphics, flash, audio and sometimes video as well so I prefer desktops to laptops. Plus desktops are easily upgradable and cheaper to upgrade too! Not to mention for the price of a GOOD laptop I could easily buy 3 desktops more powerful than it lol - but thats the price of mobility lol
yeah i agree very true... unless u hav a couple K to spare for one of these super laptops www.boxxtech.com :statisfie

akulion
05-07-2006, 09:30 PM
well im going back to college insha'Allah so ill need a laptop soon

any recommendations?

Shukria
05-07-2006, 09:37 PM
Salam

I just bought a laptop as well..Sony Vaio r wicked..
This is da one I got..
http://vaio.sony-europe.com/view/Sho...y=VN+FJ+Series

Wasalam

lolwatever
05-07-2006, 09:56 PM
the boxx laptops are best in terms of features.. they tend to go hardcore.. but then again they're not the most portable laptops out there and they're pretty expensive...

if u want a laptop for student use... almost anything new would do the job, sony vaio are pretty slim n trendy .. that's subjectiv tho.

akulion
05-07-2006, 10:55 PM
thanks
yea i like the sony ones but they are not at all economical lol

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.