/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Killing a cow? Go to jail!

north_malaysian
04-04-2006, 01:46 AM
NEPALESE GETS 12 YEARS JAIL FOR KILLING COW

KATHMANDU: A court in Nepal, the world's only Hindu Kingdom, has jailed a woman for 12 years after finding her guilty of killing and eating a sacred cow, local media said yesterday.

The cow is the national animal of Nepal where the crime of killing one is, punishable by up to 12 years' prison.

Kripa Bhoteni, 50, was sentenced last Tuesday by a district court in Sankhwasabha, 470 km east of here, the daily Kantipur newspaper reported.

She was arrested some two weeks ago after he police found DRIED BEEF in her house. - AFP.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Joe98
04-04-2006, 01:51 AM
Some faiths have very strange beliefs.

-

vpb
04-04-2006, 02:08 AM
lol, even if you kill a human in a western country you don't get 12 years...lol

12 years in jail for killing a cow..haha

aljawaad
04-04-2006, 03:07 AM
Wah dats dumb.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
nimrod
04-04-2006, 03:36 AM
Good Grief, I hope Ronald Mc Donalds doesn't get sentenced there, he would get a million years.

Thanks
Nimrod

HeiGou
04-04-2006, 08:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by vpb

Well, fair's fair, it was a sacred cow.

Sis786
04-04-2006, 08:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by vpb

Was thinking that too.

But Heigou i agree with you if she lived in a Country where the Cow was Sacred then she should have respected thier beliefs. This dont seem strange to me personally i feel that if you go against the law of religion in that country then you should be punished.

KAding
04-04-2006, 12:21 PM
I'm all for animal rights, but this seems a bit excessive!

hidden_treasure
04-04-2006, 12:56 PM
assalamu alikum...

loooooooooooooooooooooooooool

im glad i aint livin there...i eat cow !!!!

north_malaysian
04-05-2006, 05:16 AM
How sacred is a sacred cow? :rollseyes

irsha
04-05-2006, 05:48 AM
Kill a cow, go to jail? Seems primitive doesn't it? Well some religions believe have consenual sex with another person you not married to or try to worship another god- get killed by tortureous stoning- seems even more primitive to me.

Knut Hamsun
04-05-2006, 06:21 AM
vpd:
Vpd:
You, sir, just made me snort coffee out my nose. Your statement is very true. And very funny. Thank-you!

HeiGou
04-05-2006, 07:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
How sacred is a sacred cow? :rollseyes
I don't know but someone in the Gulf wants to jail a Western business manager for accidentally throwing what he thought was old waste paper into a bin. It turned out they were copies of parts of the Quran.

What people decide is Holy is, surely, up to them?

north_malaysian
04-05-2006, 08:27 AM
Actually when it's come to Quranic verses, even Muslims or arabic literate people sometime couldn't differentiate between Quranic verses, or romantic novel written in arabic.:rollseyes

IbnAbdulHakim
04-05-2006, 10:51 AM
this is beyond hilarious!!! Its like something out of the twighlight zone. The more i read it the more ridiculous it sounds!

people ridicule us saying such things as we say "adultery is worse then murder" but look at that, killing a cow is worse then murder LOL

:sl:

HeiGou
04-05-2006, 11:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid
this is beyond hilarious!!! Its like something out of the twighlight zone. The more i read it the more ridiculous it sounds!

people ridicule us saying such things as we say "adultery is worse then murder" but look at that, killing a cow is worse then murder LOL
Killing a cow in Nepal is worse than murder in Britain perhaps. But then you would have to ask whether she will serve that sentence (all murderers do a notional "life" sentence is Britain) and what the penalty for murder is in Nepal. Compare like with like.

Why does it sound ridiculous? The comparison is with the Westerner who has had to flee the Gulf for accidentally throwing away a Quran or the response of Muslims to the cartoons - I assure you neither incident looks much more sensible than this one to someone from outside the Faith. Only the wearer can know where the shoe pinches. Only the Believer can know what is blasphemous. I suggest if you want respect for your sacred objects, you need to show respect for others'.

IbnAbdulHakim
04-05-2006, 11:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by HeiGou
Killing a cow in Nepal is worse than murder in Britain perhaps. But then you would have to ask whether she will serve that sentence (all murderers do a notional "life" sentence is Britain) and what the penalty for murder is in Nepal. Compare like with like.

Why does it sound ridiculous? The comparison is with the Westerner who has had to flee the Gulf for accidentally throwing away a Quran or the response of Muslims to the cartoons - I assure you neither incident looks much more sensible than this one to someone from outside the Faith. Only the wearer can know where the shoe pinches. Only the Believer can know what is blasphemous. I suggest if you want respect for your sacred objects, you need to show respect for others'.
tru tru, all religions must be respected. That lady was in the wrong, she should hav respected the faith of the people she was around. BUT SHE MUSTA REALLY BEEN HUNGRY FOR THAT COW TO TAKE THAT RISK!!!! ;D

:peace:

hamzaa
04-05-2006, 11:25 AM
salaam,

Hate to think what they would make of this clip:okay: .........

http://www.islamicboard.com/halal-fu...ooooooooo.html

04-05-2006, 12:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by irsha
Kill a cow, go to jail? Seems primitive doesn't it? Well some religions believe have consenual sex with another person you not married to or try to worship another god- get killed by tortureous stoning- seems even more primitive to me.
No offense or anything Irsha but it seems people have quit answering ur responses since it seems like no use.

Peace:peace:

irsha
04-05-2006, 01:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hamzaa
salaam,

Hate to think what they would make of this clip:okay: .........

http://www.islamicboard.com/halal-fu...ooooooooo.html
well, I would think its funny, but they may have the same reaction you guys had about those silly cartoons of things you hold sacred.

IbnAbdulHakim
04-05-2006, 01:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Asma1
No offense or anything Irsha but it seems people have quit answering ur responses since it seems like no use.

Peace:peace:
ye, in this one case i wud actually say

Ignorance is bliss :p

i wudnt mind discussing things wiv her if she wasnt so provocative

aamirsaab
04-05-2006, 01:17 PM
well, I would think its funny, but they may have the same reaction you guys had about those silly cartoons of things you hold sacred.
Please do not generalise the actions of a few to a whole group of people.

irsha
04-05-2006, 01:19 PM

Because I ask the hard questions? Tell me where I have even once personally insulted anyone? Even when I have been personally insulted. I just ask the hard questions or point out some home truths.

IbnAbdulHakim
04-05-2006, 01:36 PM
Because I ask the hard questions? Tell me where I have even once personally insulted anyone? Even when I have been personally insulted. I just ask the hard questions or point out some home truths.
i didnt appreciate you calling me

"one of the biggest offendors"

in one of ur previous posts. it wasnt nice! and i had no intention to offend you. If you see me in this way after i apologised to you countless times i see no reason to discuss things wiv u.

:peace:

ISDhillon
04-05-2006, 01:46 PM
They have tried the same thing in india making it an offence to eat beef even macdonalds has lamb burgers, In punjab alot of farmers have changed to using buffalo milk and they are opening abbatoirs for beef cos theres a market for it, and the other states start saying its a sin so punjab governement always advises the center that "constitutionally India is a secular society", and that usually does the trick.

ISDhillon;D

aisha_muslimah
04-05-2006, 01:49 PM
slaam wow 12 years that it to much but they should not do that in the first place right where are we going to get the milk lol

Snowflake
04-05-2006, 01:58 PM
You call Islamic beliefs primitive, then you wonder if you've insulted anyone? beats me!

originally Posted by irsha
You think punishment for adultery is primitive? If anything it's the ways of the west that are primitive. Having sex with any tom, **** or harry, just as people who lived in caves did. You can't get more primitive than that!

Getting killed for worshiping other Gods? Do you see muslims going round killing hindus and bhuddists and God knows who because they don't worship Allah? If you mean the punishment for apostasy then this is what the Quran says on those who leave Islam.

How shall God Guide those who reject Faith after they accepted it and bore witness that the Apostle was true and that Clear Signs had come unto them? but God guides not a people unjust. Of such the reward is that on them (rests) the curse of God, of His angels, and of all mankind. (Quran 3:86-87)

Any one who, after accepting faith in God, utters Unbelief,— except under compulsion, his heart remaining firm in Faith — but such as open their breast to Unbelief, on them is Wrath from God, and theirs will be a dreadful Penalty. (Quran 16:106)

‘Now the truth has come from your Lord: Let those who wish to believe in it do so, and let those who wish to reject it do so’] (Al-Kahf 17: 29).

So (people) respond to your Lord before there comes a Day that cannot, against God’s will, be averted—you will have no refuge on that Day, and no possibility of denying (your sins). If they still turn away (remember that) We have not sent you (Prophet) to be their keeper: your duty is to deliver the message] (Ash-Shura 42: 47-48).

There is no compulsion in religion: true guidance has become distinct from error, so whoever rejects false gods and believes in Allah has grasped the firmest hand-hold, one that will never break. Allah is all hearing and all knowing] (Al-Baqrah 2: 256).

As long as the convert is not a threat to muslims he cannot be killed. As the above verse says there in no compulsion in religion.

Muezzin
04-05-2006, 02:00 PM
Call me crazy, but I believe one should abide by the law of the land they live in, even if one disagrees with it. In this case, I know it may appear ridiculous to people that such a penalty exists, but I wonder if such people have taken into account the fact that Hindus hold cows as sacred animals.

Anyway, abide by the law and all that, and if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

And don't touch the beef.

------
04-05-2006, 02:03 PM

I wonda what u mean by that :rollseyes :okay:

------
04-05-2006, 02:03 PM
Anyway, abide by the law and all that, and if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

:giggling:

IbnAbdulHakim
04-05-2006, 02:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Call me crazy, but I believe one should abide by the law of the land they live in, even if one disagrees with it. In this case, I know it may appear ridiculous to people that such a penalty exists, but I wonder if such people have taken into account the fact that Hindus hold cows as sacred animals.

i actualyl mentioned this before, read what ive said above somewhere :p

04-05-2006, 02:18 PM
Sounds kinda strange but i suppose if that's the law in that country then u should be more careful before killing cows - especially since they're considered sacred.:okay:

Ayesha Rana
04-05-2006, 02:36 PM

Mabey it is because you sound hostile towards Islam and even when we give you a clear response you pick and choose from the reply and cannot accept what anyone else has to say if they are muslim unless they agree with you. I guess they just can't be bothered with stubborn people. Sorry if that sounds offensive. And another thing, when someone says you have offended them you challenge them rather than say something like, 'i had no intention to offend anyone but i appologise if i have...' much more polite and peacfull if you will agree Sis.
Peace.

04-05-2006, 02:40 PM
Hmmm... I'm sure almost every1 who knows this forum would have seen at least one of ur insults. But there's really no point pointing it out coz of ur countless denials.

And what is it that u call the 'hard' questions? The ones that don't really make sense...
Peace sis:)

Muezzin
04-05-2006, 02:41 PM
Okay, let's get back to the topic - last time I checked, it's not called 'gang up on Irsha'

Ayesha Rana
04-05-2006, 02:42 PM

I don't think anyone finds your questions hard Sis. I think they just find them pointless to answer cos you will never admit you are wrong, even now. They say pride is very hard to get rid of.

IbnAbdulHakim
04-05-2006, 02:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Okay, let's get back to the topic - last time I checked, it's not called 'gang up on Irsha'
dont put such thoughts into my head sir! What would you do if you saw a couple of young vigilanties abusing a cow?

HeiGou
04-05-2006, 04:43 PM
dont put such thoughts into my head sir! What would you do if you saw a couple of young vigilanties abusing a cow?
Tell them they might have to pay her mahr?

IbnAbdulHakim
04-05-2006, 07:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by HeiGou
Tell them they might have to pay her mahr?
LOLLOLLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

i didnt even mean it that way mr.cheeeekz :okay:

:p

funny guy ;D

Ayesha Rana
04-06-2006, 12:03 PM
Assalamu-alaikum wa rahmatullahi w barakaatu

You lot are soo hilarious! Besides who would want to abuse a cow. They are so fat and stubborn and strong they probably wouldn't feel a bullet.

irsha
04-06-2006, 12:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Asma1
Hmmm... I'm sure almost every1 who knows this forum would have seen at least one of ur insults. But there's really no point pointing it out coz of ur countless denials.

And what is it that u call the 'hard' questions? The ones that don't really make sense...
Peace sis:)
You cannot show me any PERSONAL insults, because I didnt do any. You fee I have insukted your religion, fair enough, if I have, I have already appologised, but NO personal insults.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.