/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding impurity (najaasah)

Abu Omar
04-04-2006, 05:57 AM
Assalaamu aleykum.

I read on this Fatwa that a small amount of impurity is overlookable, according to Abu Hanifah, and that was the view favored by ibn Taymiyyah, and according to the same Fatwa that view is correct.

But later on in the fatwa it confuses when it states:

"Among the small amounts of impurity that may be overlooked because it is too difficult to guard against it is a small amount of urine in the case of one who suffers from incontinence but tries to guard against it as much as he can."

Does that meean that there has to be similar conditions for the small amount of impurity to be overlookable (such as incontinence) or can the small amount of impurity be overlooked at any time with any person (wether sound or not)?

I could mention I asked the IslamToday Fatwa service this question too, but got no response. So please answer this question if you know. Jazakum Allaah khayr.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
رياح_الشمال
04-04-2006, 10:06 AM
slm
sory bro bt i didnt understand da question cleary
n wat u r tryin 2 say exactly
w salm

04-05-2006, 12:19 PM
I think it does only apply to those conditions but I'm not sure... That's what it seems like anyway.
Salaam

Abu Zakariya
04-12-2006, 06:29 AM
wa 'alaykumu Salaam.

I do not think that it only applies to the condition you mentioned.

Quote from the fatwa:

This is the view of Abu Haneefah and was the view favoured by Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah, especially with regard to problems that many people face, because it is too difficult to be thorough and to clean it properly all the time.

This indicates that it doesn't only apply to things like incontinence.

I think that this quote pretty much settles it:

On this basis it may be said that the basic principle is that if a few drops of urine get on a person’s garment and he washes off whatever got on it, until he thinks it most likely that the najaasah has disappeared, then whatever is left and is not washed comes under the heading of the small amount of najaasah that may be overlooked, as stated above. And Allaah knows best.

This shows clearly that it doesn't only apply to cases such as incontinence.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.