/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Crazy MSN'ers

Z
04-04-2006, 06:06 PM
Salaam.

I was actually going to rant this off on my blog, but decided not to. So anyway, I'm assuming many of you use Messenger to chat with buddies and friends online.

Now if you're like me and been using the Internet for 8 years, you'll have gone through all the phases of using Messenger. One of them is to change your Messenger screen name like every 2-3 days. Eventually you grow out of that and change it routinely - like you have a few favourites and change them every now and then depending on your mood. And then years later you become like me and keep your actual name as your screen name and say to yourself I'll never change it till the day I die. Right.

However, I've come across a bunch of guys who use Messenger and change their screen names like every 2-3 hours or so. It doesn't get me pissed off as pissed off, but a little confused. Especially when you have a lot of contacts online, some pratt keeps jumping about on your list depending on the first character of their new screen name.

I guess what I would like to ask is, if you're one of these crazy Messenger users who change their screen names a lot, why? Why do you do it?

On another note, I can't wait till they start giving the feature for Messenger when you can label your contacts as you wish and not be on the other end of their disturbing habit.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nawal89
04-04-2006, 06:12 PM
I change my Msn screen name like around every two to three days...sometimes even more...sometimes it stays the same for a couple of weeks. I guess it depends on my mood. Or sometimes when i've read a nice quote or I put it to that. No reason actually. Just for fun.

Dore
04-04-2006, 06:37 PM
I have a strict policy on my msn.......which is "block/delete"

afriend
04-04-2006, 06:41 PM
:sl:

No....not me........I keep it as

صر صر عاتيه

(in Arabic of course.........)

But I do change my Personal message quite a lot....ever day or maybe two days.......

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Z
04-04-2006, 06:42 PM
Salaam.

You're welcome on my Messenger list anyday then Iqram.

- Qatada -
04-04-2006, 06:50 PM
:wasalamex

You have the ability to change their username to the username you wish, on msn plus.

http://www.msgplus.net/download.php

[But when install the file, click on I Decline, otherwise you'll get adware in your comp.]

:salamext:

afriend
04-04-2006, 06:52 PM

Oh cool!!!

Jazakallah bro Fi!

afriend
04-04-2006, 06:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Z
Salaam.

You're welcome on my Messenger list anyday then Iqram.

LOL!!! :giggling: ;D

But yeah....try downloading MSN plus.

MusLiM 4 LiFe
04-04-2006, 06:57 PM
i hardly eva change mines now.. cnt b bothered lol.. duz it matter? :?

afriend2
04-04-2006, 07:01 PM
salaa,

ive had mine for months now.....:statisfie but i wont say what it is because.....well never mind :) :p

wassalam

aamirsaab
04-04-2006, 07:20 PM
I change mine whenever i can think of something stupid and/or strange. One time it was: laying the smackdown on carebares. At present its: full of surprises and hot air. My all time favourite however was: i'm the white oompa loompa.

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
04-04-2006, 07:24 PM
i used to change it alot but now I've grown up.

Hajar
04-04-2006, 07:28 PM
Im the one who always keep my actual name as my screen name...Im not really the creative person who has to change it every second

Silver Pearl
04-04-2006, 07:30 PM
There are few reasons why people change it so frequently:

1) Because they are so creative, they just can’t decide which title to have so they switch every few minutes just to satisfy their genius statues.
2) Because they can.
3) To annoy people on their list
4) To confuse others about who they are so that later on they may say to them “You’re hallucinating mate, I didn’t change my screen title!”
5) Because they are bored and have nothing better to do
6) They want to get people interested so they can say “Wot does ur title mean?” or “Who are talking about?”

------
04-04-2006, 07:43 PM
LOLLLLLLLLLLL Jokesssssss!!!! :giggling:

Z
04-04-2006, 07:47 PM
Salaam.

Well done Silver Pearl, you certainly have been.

itsme01
04-04-2006, 07:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Silver Pearl

1) Because they are so creative, they just can’t decide which title to have so they switch every few minutes just to satisfy their genius statues.
2) Because they can.
4) To confuse others about who they are so that later on they may say to them “You’re hallucinating mate, I didn’t change my screen title!”
6) They want to get people interested so they can say “Wot does ur title mean?” or “Who are talking about?”

ah, ok - so thats what "they" are thinking of :heated:

BlissfullyJaded
04-04-2006, 07:54 PM

Ever since I've had MSN, I've been able to keep one name for several months. (Mainly cuz ever since I had MSN I'd sign in every several months...)

But in all seriousness, I keep it simple. No need to keep changing. :p

loq Silver Pearl. :p

Hijaabi22
04-04-2006, 08:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Z
Salaam.

I was actually going to rant this off on my blog, but decided not to. So anyway, I'm assuming many of you use Messenger to chat with buddies and friends online.

Now if you're like me and been using the Internet for 8 years, you'll have gone through all the phases of using Messenger. One of them is to change your Messenger screen name like every 2-3 days. Eventually you grow out of that and change it routinely - like you have a few favourites and change them every now and then depending on your mood. And then years later you become like me and keep your actual name as your screen name and say to yourself I'll never change it till the day I die. Right.

However, I've come across a bunch of guys who use Messenger and change their screen names like every 2-3 hours or so. It doesn't get me pissed off as pissed off, but a little confused. Especially when you have a lot of contacts online, some pratt keeps jumping about on your list depending on the first character of their new screen name.

I guess what I would like to ask is, if you're one of these crazy Messenger users who change their screen names a lot, why? Why do you do it?

On another note, I can't wait till they start giving the feature for Messenger when you can label your contacts as you wish and not be on the other end of their disturbing habit.

lol!!!

I tell you wat i dont get.... why ppl dont jus put their REAL name down and then put watever message they want underneath like NORMAL ppl!! Lol.SOOOOOOOOO many tyms have i confused ppl, and then end up tellin sum1 sumat i shudnt have:X :X :X It jus CONFUSES YA!!!

My msn name is jus my REAL name in fancy writin but my personal message I change every few days dependin on my mood.......ryt now i feel like an A-N-G-E-L lol 2moro god knows wat itll be lol

BUT MY DISPLAY PICS....MAN I GET BORED OF MY DISPLAY PIC SOOOOOOOOOOOO QUIKLY I CHANGE IT EVERY TWO SECS!!! I have like a gazillion trillion million!!

Z
04-04-2006, 08:32 PM
Salaam.

Yeah, display pictures too. I have a few, but only change them every now and then. Most of the times it's at someone's request.

Muezzin
04-04-2006, 08:34 PM
I don't change my name that often. I'm hardly ever on MSN as it is.

My current name is 'Hello Mister Fancy Pants', because I heard it in this movie and it made me laugh. It's funny in the context of the film, but makes very little sense in isolation. But then, a lot of my contacts have weird MSN names like that.

Mawaddah
04-04-2006, 08:38 PM
Oh My. Compared to you people I must be dead boring. Get this. I got messenger 3 years ago..................and from then until now, my display name has been the same and has never ever ever ever ever changed......poor me eh? :D

Nawal89
04-04-2006, 08:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ------------

lol!!!

BUT MY DISPLAY PICS....MAN I GET BORED OF MY DISPLAY PIC SOOOOOOOOOOOO QUIKLY I CHANGE IT EVERY TWO SECS!!! I have like a gazillion trillion million!!
I love switching my display pic tooooo ..but i dont have that many so i just switch back and forth with whatever i have. :)

S_87
04-04-2006, 08:41 PM

wow every 2-3 hours

i love my msn name too much to change :coolious:

sapphire
04-04-2006, 08:43 PM
ermmm ask my contacts............guess i change my nicks upon request now..........b4 i used to change it enuf times......tooooooo lazy now..........

and i dnt get confused coz on my msn i can name ppl with wat i want;)(msn 8.0 beta)

strider
04-04-2006, 09:17 PM
Assalamu alaikum

Well part of my username never changes whilst the other half changes whenever i feel like changing it.

So it's:

Black Country Lass: _________< message i change sometimes goes there.

Ma'assalama

- Qatada -
04-04-2006, 09:40 PM

I think its a good idea by adding a hadith/ayah or a quote from a famous sahabi as your msn nick. It's easy da'wah..

IbnAbdulHakim
04-04-2006, 09:46 PM
i hardly go on MSN much anymore, but wen i do go on i like changin my name more den chattin 2 people LOL ;D

IbnAbdulHakim
04-04-2006, 09:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah

I think its a good idea by adding a hadith/ayah or a quote from a famous sahabi as your msn nick. It's easy da'wah..

do this most o da times, sometimes its jus a message from the heart, like right now its

read the Quran InshaAllah

lol :)

Sanobar
04-05-2006, 09:32 AM
ohh mann i change ma username every few secs.......! it depends on ma mood.... at times i dont change it... for days... and the same for the display pics...! ohh goshh every feww secs... i got a new DP! :giggling: :giggling:

:w:

IbnAbdulHakim
04-05-2006, 09:38 AM
changed it again ;D ;D

Treat this world as though you are a traveller resting under the shade of a tree!

and theres more where dat came froM!!!!!!!!

:sl: :peace: :okay:

Sanobar
04-05-2006, 09:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid
Treat this world as though you are a traveller resting under the shade of a tree!

good one bro!:rollseyes :rollseyes :)

life
04-05-2006, 10:14 AM
I dont change my username that often....

and about other i dont mind if they keep changing their username every second as far as they make it short and not 2 sentences long:)

04-05-2006, 10:51 AM
nah. i've been through all those phasez. by now i don't evn change the personel msg i have to ppl. Though i just have !~*F*~! as my nick, not really my name per se. but yea, i USED to change mny nik around the hours at a point... it's just tht i kept thinkin it could look better, cooler. n tht ppl would get a real good idea abt me without evn having to talk much... yea, tht's bout it.

IbnAbdulHakim
04-05-2006, 10:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by life
I dont change my username that often....

and about other i dont mind if they keep changing their username every second as far as they make it short and not 2 sentences long:)
well then its a very good thing taht we shall never chat on MSN becoz almost every name i pik is a message/dawa/ayyat :p

Hijaabi22
04-05-2006, 10:59 AM
[PIE]my personal message always reflects how im feelin

2day im.....

FEELIN ALIVE

ENERGETIC LIKE A SAMURAI

REALLY REALLY HIGH

GOT ME FEELIN PACIFIED[/PIE]

Umu 'Isa
04-05-2006, 11:00 AM
my nickname on msn is just my name.. but i change the personal message every few days.. at the moment it is, "Allah is beautiful and loves beauty"

04-05-2006, 11:20 AM
yea... i still do sometimes change my personal msg, but not tht often... it's the same as my siggy.

Al-Zaara
04-05-2006, 04:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Silver Pearl

2) Because they can.

Sister, you said it!!
All those are so true. :giggling:

:w:

life
04-06-2006, 09:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid
well then its a very good thing taht we shall never chat on MSN becoz almost every name i pik is a message/dawa/ayyat :p

Nah brother i could not even live one day without using MSN so thats not a gd idea but what i was trying to say we should write down song lyrics/dawad /ayat or anything in personal message(you know theres a place under the display name) and not in the place where we have to write the name..................

IbnAbdulHakim
04-06-2006, 09:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by life
Nah brother i could not even live one day without using MSN so thats not a gd idea but what i was trying to say we should write down song lyrics/dawad /ayat or anything in personal message(you know theres a place under the display name) and not in the place where we have to write the name..................
ye ive started doing that. MSN's gone really boring for me. lol talkings gone really boring. Only the quran n sunnah are interesting :thumbs_up

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.