/* */

PDA

View Full Version : All time low....

anonymous
04-04-2006, 08:06 PM
Well I'm feeling pretty low right now, I feel like my imaan is slipping away fast, like I find myself swearing, listening to music, not feeling like praying namaz, acting like a "jerk"....and many more things......I find myself doing these things again, after I had stopped for a long time. I have lost passion in memorising the Quran, after I did the first 4 Juz, in roughly 3 months which was pretty fast, but now it seems like I don't feel like praying. Also for college exams I feel like giving up effort and just sitting the exam....whatever happens....happens. Also loads of other things like my character is slipping

So any advice, I feel really messed

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
The Ruler
04-04-2006, 08:14 PM
hmmm....i think that happens to a quite a lot of people once in their life time....like thinking that life doesnt actually matter anymore....you may just think that this is life and just enjoy it as much as you can...forget islam, forget hardship, jus concentrate on how to make life more enjoyable. during these times, id advise a person to contemplate on a certain task that he/she has done and think was it good? did i do it right? should i ask forgiveness?....remember Allah for most of your deeds and make yourself promise and stick to it. :) :)

^ hope dat helped....altho not much but atleast a little bit :rollseyes :)

:w:

Z
04-04-2006, 08:38 PM
Salaam.

It's crazy, you sound like me right now. Or what I was last week. I read once that Imaan has two states, just like the mind.

I'll try find a read for you, I read something about it a while back.

Ok, just got the link by request again. It's a short read, and although somewhat unrelated, it does have something that could explain the feeling you have right now. http://www.calltoislam.com/index.php...=266&Itemid=38

Hijaabi22
04-04-2006, 09:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
Well I'm feeling pretty low right now, I feel like my imaan is slipping away fast, like I find myself swearing, listening to music, not feeling like praying namaz, acting like a "jerk"....and many more things......I find myself doing these things again, after I had stopped for a long time. I have lost passion in memorising the Quran, after I did the first 4 Juz, in roughly 3 months which was pretty fast, but now it seems like I don't feel like praying. Also for college exams I feel like giving up effort and just sitting the exam....whatever happens....happens. Also loads of other things like my character is slipping

So any advice, I feel really messed
Hey bro/sis jus relax a little, think its dat time of year when everyone is under ALOT of stress myself included what with exams etc etc but be strong, keep goin and inshaAlah with Allah(swt)s help youll be fine inshaAllah!

Also Im in the same position as u, i jus cant help bitin ppls heads off these days, b*chin, pumpin my music and the rest of it but thats only because i am under ALORRA stress ryt now and dats allllllll my ooooooown fault!! Cos as usual i leave everythin 2 da last minute so Ive only meself to blane!!

So bro/sis wichever u r, CHIN UP ALL WILL BE GUD!!

CHEER UP!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Noora_z3
04-04-2006, 09:17 PM
salam

U know bro, just being able to realise the changes u going through n identify that things r not going right is one major plus point for u. I cant by any mean say that I know wat u exactly going through, each one of us is unique in his/her own way. No matter wat, dont ever feel that u r a bad person or something like that, u r a human n some one who cant stay the same for the rest of his/her life. So its ok to feel low one time or another, n like i said u willin to talk bout it is actually the first step, so u already on ur way to regain urself. Take one day by itself, search for things that make u feel good n do that, one thing at a time, or search for a person u adore n respect but hasnt met for a long time, meet her/him.

Also, maybe wat u r experiancing is because of a certain incident that triggered something in u, or maybe coz of something that u r too afraid to deal with or something too hard to achive (like scorng good in the exames) that u go into denial just to avoide it. So see wats actualy bothering u in the first place n once u work with that u will find urself a better u, insha Allah. I think wat u r going through r the symptoms of something else, something that u only can tell n identify. so try to sit by urself n look inside.

I hope i didnt confuse u or something like that, i really wanted to help, dont worry u r on the right track, take care n all the best.

anonymous
04-04-2006, 09:24 PM
Jazakallah for all the advice.

It probably is partly to do with Exams/Madressa exams, and everything piling up, but its also other things, like future career plans, I mean I got a million things going through my head, and then things like people telling me aalim is a waste of my potential, and then finding out that my future goals are close to impossible to achieve. Everything I am thinking of for the future comes with complications. I also lack confidence in everything, partly because everyone is just backstabbing half the time.

Sorry for ranting

Noora_z3
04-04-2006, 09:35 PM
Alrighty, tell u wat, for the time being forget ur futur plans, or ur goals, forget wat ppl sayin to u bout wat u plannin to do n for the time being if any one asked u tell them u r still thinkin.

Now concentrate on ur exames, make ur own study time table, remmeber thats ur job for NOW, thats the priority n u dont want to mess up now, so start studying.

After u finish with ur exames, think bout ur future plans, why u want to do certain thing, n wat u gonna achive n wat not, n why u think u should take this path n not that, how is that gonna help u wen u r 30 yrs, 40 yrs, as a muslim, as a father (i assumed that u r a guy hope i am not wrong) n all that. Once u r convinced within urself, only then speak out to other ppl ur plans coz if they say something discoureging to u, u can make them see wat made u take such a decision, n trust me once they see u r dead convinced bout wat u want, no one will say a word to u.

Dont make things hard on urself by thinkin bout ur futre wen u actually have something important to be done in the present. Dont be too hard on urself, all the best again.

F.Y.
04-04-2006, 10:47 PM
Bro
Being Alim is never waste of potential. People who say that have no idea what theyre talking about - they only see this life. There are so many famous alims that are intelligent and use their energy to influence and support the ummah. In fact - your job would be the hugest job ever! Not only would you gain reward in this life, you would be successful in the hereafter. The ummah is in need of rational, intelligent and good alims who work for the good not only of muslims, but of humanity in general.

Stay strong brother. Make dua.

Peace

04-05-2006, 10:34 AM
Don't worry about it - keep trying though. I feel like that sometimes especially when exams are near, or when i'm really stressed. But whatever happens never let your imaan slip coz that's what'll help get through.
Hope things get better
salaam:)

Takumi
04-05-2006, 12:43 PM

It probably is partly to do with Exams/Madressa exams, and everything piling up, but its also other things, like future career plans, I mean I got a million things going through my head, and then things like people telling me aalim is a waste of my potential, and then finding out that my future goals are close to impossible to achieve. Everything I am thinking of for the future comes with complications. I also lack confidence in everything, partly because everyone is just backstabbing half the time.

Sorry for ranting

Hello there! Assalamu'alaykum,

You seem to be having a hard time in your life. May Allah reward your patience.

I usually write things down and divide them into two main categories:

(a) Things I CAN control
(b) Things I CAN'T control

At the end, focus on (a) only.

I can't control other people's action towards me, but I can control my actions towards other people.

I can't control time, but I can control HOW I use my time.

How old are you? It's good to plan, as they say, to failing to plan is planning to fail :-), but that's not necessarily true.

At the end of the day, you'll be the one handling your life here and hereafter.

It's great that you've memorized 4 juz in 3 months! That's quite an accomplishment. Allah will reward you. Why don't you reward yourself?

Did you celebrate that success? Go hiking, horseback riding, visit a friend in another town or just take a break and really let your success sink in. You deserve it. :-)

If you're my friend, you'd probably have a gift on your way, right now!

Peace!

Pure Imaan
04-08-2006, 09:38 PM
dt was gud advice brother Takumi

extinction
04-08-2006, 10:04 PM
Madressa is the most stressful place on earth trust me I know I studied in one when I was becoming Hafiz...alhamdulillah I finished and now I go college but I agree I've had those days also I remember once my teacher beat me with a stick I was ready to renounce islam quran everything...but alhamdulillah I realized that it was just a 'phase' and becoming alim isnt a waste I did one year then quit and I regret it now....so stick to it...

Ghazi
04-08-2006, 10:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hafizmo
Madressa is the most stressful place on earth trust me I know I studied in one when I was becoming Hafiz...alhamdulillah I finished and now I go college but I agree I've had those days also I remember once my teacher beat me with a stick I was ready to renounce islam quran everything...but alhamdulillah I realized that it was just a 'phase' and becoming alim isnt a waste I did one year then quit and I regret it now....so stick to it...
Salaam

I agree, some teachers go to far in the beating they give, for instance just yesterday I heard that a kid died beacuse a teacher had beaten him.

Sanaa'
04-09-2006, 02:27 PM
salam
wow, you sounded exactly like me right there.. I thought I was the only one who ever felt like that - but I guess not. Well, you have college exams and my highschool exams arent for another month. Anyways.. when I feel really upset, and feel like giving up on everything, I just try and think of all the good things in life - everything that I have been blessed with. It doesn't always help, but it's a start.
Inshallah things will turn around for you, and you'll feel better soon enough.

Snowflake
04-10-2006, 06:02 PM

Sorry for ranting
:sl:
No way bro! Becoming an alim will never be a waste of time inshaAllah. You will leave your good work behind to benefit you after your death. You will have spread much knowledge for the ummah and the reward will continue in the here-after inshaAllah. *kicks the shaytaan* Because he is doing his best to make this feel pointless. But it's not. You haven't even become an alim but you are making me feel proud that you are working towards it. MashaAllah, keep going bro. Don't let pessimists ruin the good that will come out of it inshaAllah.

Don't make too many plans for the far off future. Concentrate on what is important right now. Don't let yourself get bogged down with what might not happen until later. Everything happens in good time and there are reasons for it, which we do not know but only Allah does. Like Takumi bro said, treat yourself. Life doesnt have to be dull. Remember, all work and no play, makes Jack a dull boy! Go to the park, it's free.. enjoy a game of cricket, enjoy the tranquility, or just take a stroll.. invite friends around watch an islamic dvd together, have good food and just have a laugh. You don't need loads of dosh to have a good time. But you have to look after yourself.

Have confidence in your own beliefs. If others don't it's because they don't have the same get-up-and-go as you. They themselves lack confidence and that's why see things as impossible or useless. Nothing is impossible if you set your mind to it and the only thing that can stop you is yourself. Whatever you plan, ask good friends for advice, but beware of those who suffer from jealousy and don't want you to succeed. As they will be the first to tell you that your ideas are rubbish. Ignore them! Tell yourself your good and you can do it. Drum it into yourself and you will start believing it. Remember to ask Allah to guide and assist you in everything. And inshaAllah everything will work out fine.

My duaas are with you :sister:

:w:

saidaharther
05-19-2006, 10:10 AM
salam alaikum
i went through similar period and i didnt have many people to support but you need to remember that you will be infront of Allah one day and this life is veyr short compared to living in hell or heaven, so please brother make alot of dua and ask allah to help you
salam alaikum

------
05-19-2006, 10:19 AM
May Allah help you. Ameen.

babagrr
05-19-2006, 10:32 AM
Assallaamu alaykum

I hope you're feeling a little better since you have posted your request.

I think that you have accomplished alot already just admitting that you're feeling that what you're doing is wrong.

Perhaps you're looking for acceptance; a goal, a reason to strive?

Did someone disapoint you or told you that you disappointed them?

When you have some time, (Try and make time actively), make Sallaah.
Don't worry; just make it.
Take ablusion,(Wudhu, (Abdas), and prostrate yourself in-front of your creator.

Take care and the below quotation is for you.
Pray it.
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.
Wassallaamu alaykum.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.