/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Malaysians afraid of immigrants?

north_malaysian
04-05-2006, 05:53 AM
LIVING IN FEAR IN OWN COUNTRY

"The number of house break-ins in the country is alarming. Despite all the barricades we put around the perimeter and entrances to our homes, break-ins haunt us every day.

How much longer must this fear remain with us while FOREIGN NATIONALS continue TO ROB and maim us in our own country?

At 4.30 on Sunday morning, four INDONESIANS cut their way into our house. Holding me and my wife for 40 minutes with parangs (machetes), they ransacked and stripped us of our hard-earned wages and some jewellery before fleing.

Thank God, they spared our teenage daughters.

Perhaps our material loss is insignificant in comparison to the injuries caused or lives lost owing to robberies.

The government owes the citizens an obligation. Ensuring safety and security to citizens is a right cannot be denied, dismissed or, worse, left back in the yards of citizens.

Looking at the numerous reported cases these past years, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. Malaysia is one of the few countries where citizens BARRICADE THEIR HOMES with METAL GRILLS, PADLOCKS, CHAINS and ALARMS. In some cases, CCTV is the in-thing.

The question is, why should we be doing so? Is it the duty of the authorities to crack down on criminals?

Telling the public to be EXTRA CAREFUL and to INVEST in all kinds of security measures is just absurd. It is tantamount to telling us that nothing can be done TO WEED OUT ROBBERS FROM OUR OWN YARDS."

J.D. LOVRENCIEAR
Semenyih, Selangor

(The Star, 05.04.2006, page N42)

Another letter of opinion sent by anti-immigrant on daily newspaper. As if all robberies are done by FOREIGNERS.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Malsidabym
04-05-2006, 06:13 AM
Another letter of opinion sent by anti-immigrant on daily newspaper. As if all robberies are done by FOREIGNERS.
Well, you tell us. You are there, is it true or not true? Are the robberies mostly commited by foreigners, or locals, or a mix?

north_malaysian
04-05-2006, 07:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malsidabym
Well, you tell us. You are there, is it true or not true? Are the robberies mostly commited by foreigners, or locals, or a mix?
mix... but crime rates are getting annoying. Robbers could be Foreigners or Malaysians. Muslims or Buddhists or Christians or Hindus. Seriously... everybody could be the target and any citizenship or ethnics or religious groups could be the robbers in Malaysia.

In order to come into my house -

Front door:
1) Open the padlock on the gate before entering the yard.
2) Open the padlock locking the grilled door.
3) Open the grilled door.
4) Open the door.

Back door:
1) Open the padlock locking the grilled door
2) Open the grilled door
3) Open the door
4) Knock the door because it's chained inside.

Balcony:
1) Open the padlock locking the grilled sliding door.
2) Open the grilled sliding door.
3) Knock on the sliding door because it's padlocked inside.
2) The un-grilled sliding door should be open by keys too.

Roof:
1) We've locked and really sealed the ceilings because one neighbour, the thief (because nobody at home that time) entered through the roof (which hold the water tank) came down through a door (opened in order to fix the water tank) and ransacked the whole house.

Every single house in my neighbourhood have reported stolen things. My home - 1 stainless steel ladder (Cost RM300), shoes and gardening stuffs were stolen (easy to steel because we put it outside on the frontyard, luckily those shoes are worn off and some cheap slippers, but still they've took it, crazy!.

Our neighbourhood committee just suggested to local authority to install CCTV on every single lane in the neighbourhood.

north_malaysian
04-06-2006, 01:32 AM
RESPECT OUR LAWS, INDONS TOLD

PENANG: Indonesians have never been prevented from working in the country but when they violate the laws, they should pay the price, a magistrate said.

Magistrate, M. Rajalingam said this when sentencing Indonesians Doli Hutabarat, 24, Hendri, 32, and Tukijan, 36, to 30 months' jail after they pleaded guilty to committing robbery while armed with knife.

(THE STAR, 06.04.2006, page N26)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
north_malaysian
04-06-2006, 01:37 AM
Sin Chew Daily reported that a Vietnamese couple in their 50s had turned their premises in Chow Kit, Kuala Lumpur into a prostitution den.

Worse, the only sex worker turned out to be their daughter.

Residents said Vietnamese men of all ages had been patronising the den regularly.

It is learnt that she charged between RM150 and RM200 for her services.

(THE STAR, 06.04.2006, Page N35)

Muslim Knight
04-06-2006, 02:09 AM
I've my relatives who live next door, whose cars have been broken thrice. Thieves stole cd players. In the period of three months. Nuts. If I ever catch them in the act I'd be forced to maim or kill them on the spot, given the light of crimes happening in our country.

north_malaysian
04-06-2006, 04:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Knight
I've my relatives who live next door, whose cars have been broken thrice. Thieves stole cd players. In the period of three months. Nuts. If I ever catch them in the act I'd be forced to maim or kill them on the spot, given the light of crimes happening in our country.
I dont think it' done by immigrant, car theft are professionally trained and need more capital to invest. They might be locals.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.