/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Israelis take over Palestinian houses in E. Jerusalem

DaSangarTalib
04-05-2006, 11:25 AM
A private Israeli organization took control over two large Palestinian buildings in East Jerusalem, BBC reported.

Jewish settlers had already moved to the buildings in Silwan district and on the Mount of Olives, according to Adi Mintz, a director of the Elad organization.

Elad is one of two nonprofit Jewish organizations working to purchase Palestinian houses and settle Jews in Palestinian neighborhoods in East Jerusalem.

"Our goal is to hold on to outposts in East Jerusalem and create an irreversible situation in the sacred basin around the Old City," said Mintz, according to Israel‘s daily Haaretz.

Mintz also called the move "a significant achievement" for Elad, and refused to say whether Israel’s interim Prime Minister Ehud Olmert was aware of the sales.

However, he said that Olmert “was always among the supporters of the Jewish nonprofits in East Jerusalem."

Olmert, whose centrist Kadima party won Israel’s general elections last week, has vowed to set Israel’s borders unilaterally. His plans include the annexation of East Jerusalem and large areas of the West Bank.

Israel seized East Jerusalem and the West Bank in 1967. The Jewish state then annexed East Jerusalem in 1981 in defiance of international law.

The Palestinians want Jerusalem as the capital of their future independent state.

Palestinian anger

Reports say local Palestinians responded angrily to the settlers’ movement and are calling on them to leave their neighborhoods.

Israeli forces, armed with assault rifles, have taken up positions on the buildings.

The residents' anger is mainly directed at members of two Palestinian families who owned the Mount of Olives building, although relatives say the sales were to Arabs who must have sold the property to Elad.

A member of one of the two families, Mohammad Abu al-Hawa, insists that he didn’t sell his apartment and that the sale contract has been forged, according to Haaretz.

Al-Jazeera

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ghazi
04-05-2006, 11:27 AM
Salaam

I swear by allah if I have the opertunity I will get rid of these kafirs or die trying.

IbnAbdulHakim
04-05-2006, 11:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth
Salaam

I swear by allah if I have the opertunity I will get rid of these kafirs or die trying.
^ ameen, if my mum duznt present a good marriage proposal by the time im 25 i'll join u, or if this country goes into war wiv the muslims i'll join the muslims and die fighting the country i lived in all my life!!! Also if imam mahdi comes i will inshaAllah die fighting by his side.... INSHAALLAH :brother:

:sl:

DaSangarTalib
04-05-2006, 11:30 AM
brothers dont forget me :brother: i will join you Insha'Allah!!!!!!!!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.