/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Dumbest Theory of the Week?

HeiGou
04-05-2006, 04:00 PM
Jesus could have walked on water ... frozen water

April 06, 2006

MIAMI: The New Testament says Jesus walked on water, but a Florida university professor has a less miraculous explanation - he walked on a floating piece of ice.

Doron Nof, professor of oceanography at Florida State University, said yesterday that his study found an unusual combination of water and atmospheric conditions in what is now northern Israel could have led to ice forming on the Sea of Galilee.

Professor Nof - who, in the 1990s, also stirred controversy with his scientific explanation for the parting of the Red Sea by Moses - used records of the Mediterranean Sea's surface temperatures and statistical models to examine the Sea of Galilee, now known to Israelis as Lake Kinneret.

The study found that a period of cooler temperatures in the area between 1500 and 2600 years ago could have included the decades in which Jesus lived.

A drop in temperature below freezing could have caused ice thick enough to support a human to form on the freshwater lake near the western shore, he said.

It might have been nearly impossible for distant observers to see a piece of floating ice surrounded by water. Professor Nof said he offered his study - published this month in the Journal of Paleolimnology - as a "possible explanation" for Jesus's walk on water.

"We leave to others the question of whether or not our research explains the biblical account," he said.

Reuters

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
04-05-2006, 04:02 PM
lol :) ^ that theory has no pillars, its soo weak

:peace:

Malsidabym
04-05-2006, 04:04 PM
Have to agree, silly theory.

Al-Mu'min
04-05-2006, 04:17 PM
I wonder how he will explain when Jesus brought the dead to life again:rollseyes

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
04-05-2006, 04:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Mu'min
I wonder how he will explain when Jesus brought the dead to life again:rollseyes
well he may hav a theory that jesus dug up bodies from a grave and attached them to strings causing them to walk like there alive ;D

HeiGou
04-05-2006, 04:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Mu'min
They were just sleeping?

Muezzin
04-05-2006, 05:41 PM
If you want dumb theories, look no further than David Icke.

On-topic, I think the theory in the first post is silly.

Abu Zakariya
04-05-2006, 05:44 PM
Suppose the theory is true...

It would still be a miracle. God decreed that ice would form so that Jesus could walk on the water.

nimrod
04-08-2006, 05:48 AM
This post was in response to who a suicide bomber might have been. Does it qualify?

All that you are saying is true , you must realize when I say intelligent forces I mean also vindictive and cunning, they are the enemies of Islam near and far they are plotting and planning to throw our innocent brothers in jail , and letting those poor women and children sit at home alone fending for themselves, raiding their homes in the middle of the night, putting guns in the faces of two and three year olds, if these people have the audacity to do this, I would not put it past them to plan something like this ( maybe they used wax bodies and covered it up to look like a real person robots (technology is at a high level these days )

Thanks
Nimrod

Mohsin
04-08-2006, 10:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Zakariya
Suppose the theory is true...

It would still be a miracle. God decreed that ice would form so that Jesus could walk on the water.

I agree with Abu XZakariyah, God could easily chnage the forces of nature and the qualities they contain.

------
04-08-2006, 10:53 AM
Hmm...:?

Kittygyal
04-08-2006, 01:23 PM
what a silly theory

take care

PrIM3
04-08-2006, 03:16 PM
yeah that is true I heard about that... I also believe it to be not true.

HeiGou
04-08-2006, 03:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pagal Kuri
Hmm...:?
Yes, hmm. It is not for me to question the Ways of the Lord, but you would think if He could arrange that, He could just hold Himself up.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.