/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why Do Middle Easterners Like To Desecrate Corpses ?

diverdown999
04-05-2006, 08:06 PM
Video claims to show U.S. pilot dragged, on fire
U.S. military says 2 died in helicopter crash, but cannot confirm Iraq video
NBC NEWS EXCLUSIVE

Updated: 1:14 p.m. ET April 5, 2006
BAGHDAD, Iraq - A video posted on the Internet Wednesday in the name of an extremist group claimed to show Iraqi insurgents dragging the burning body of a U.S. pilot on the ground after the crash of an Apache helicopter.

Parts of the video were blurry, and the face of the man being dragged was not shown. His clothes were so tattered it was impossible to tell if he was wearing an American military uniform, but he appeared to be wearing military fatigues.

The U.S. military condemned the posting and said that although reports of a Web site video “suggest that terrorists removed part of a body from the crash site, the authenticity of the video cannot be confirmed.”

“We are outraged that anyone would create and publish such a despicable video for public exposure,” U.S. military spokesman Lt. Col. Jonathan Withington said.

Pentagon spokesman Bryan Whitman said he had no additional information on the video.

The video, posted by a group calling itself the Shura Council of Mujahedeen, claimed that its military wing had shot down the craft, which the U.S. military said went down Saturday.

According to statements on Islamist Web sites, the Mujahedeen Shura Council was organized in January to consolidate al-Qaida in Iraq and other insurgent groups. The move was seen as an effort by insurgents to lower the profile of al-Qaida leader Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, a Jordanian, whose mass attacks against Shiite civilians have tarnished the image of the insurgents among many Iraqis.

Inconclusive hints
The video was blurry but the helicopter could be seen clearly. It showed the outlines of the craft’s destroyed blades and blood on various jagged pieces of wreckage spread over a field. However, it was not possible to see if the helicopter had U.S. markings.

The video also clearly showed the bloodied, burning body of a man being dragged by several other men through a field. Before the body was moved, the camera zoomed in on what appeared to be his waistline, which showed a scrap of underwear with the brand name “Hanes” on it. The man also appeared to be wearing some type of camouflage fatigues.

In its statement, the U.S. military said it confirmed the two pilots had died, and it had recovered “all available remains found on the scene, given the catastrophic nature of the crash.”

The AH-64D Apache Longbow crashed about 5:30 p.m. Saturday due to possible hostile fire west of Youssifiyah while conducting a combat air patrol, the military said. Youssifiyah is about 10 miles southwest of Baghdad.

About 24 hours later, the military said the pilots were “presumed dead” and that recovery efforts were under way, indicating they had not fully secured the site or retrieved the bodies.

Youssifiyah is located in the “triangle of death,” a religiously mixed area notorious for attacks by Sunni extremists against Shiites traveling between Baghdad and religious shrines south of the capital.

The Albany (N.Y.) Times Union reported that Capt. Timothy Moshier, 25, of Bethlehem, N.Y., was killed Saturday when the Apache helicopter he was piloting crashed about the same time and place southwest of Baghdad. His survivors include his wife, Katherine, and their 10-month-old daughter, Natalie, the newspaper said.

© 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Why do people in the Middle East like to "play around" with corpses ? I never see this happen anywhere else. And there was an uproar over Abu Ghraib ? Imagine what would be said if the U.S. Army drug a few Iraqis around behind a Hummer. 'Turn-about's fair play'. :hiding:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
dincugur
04-05-2006, 08:12 PM
Learn a little about Islam instead of wasting your time by employing such psychological war tactics against the "Middle Easterners".

diverdown999
04-05-2006, 08:22 PM
Still didn't answer my question. This only seems to happen 'over there'. Abu Ghraib looks like a day at the spa compared to stuff like this and the beheadings. :hiding:

dincugur
04-05-2006, 08:28 PM
At least 500,000 children died due to the wicked U.S. and western embargo on Iraq. Your country invaded a part of the Muslims lands based on lies (it would be unacceptable even if based on truths to invade another country.)

It is only the U.S. who has ever burnt people with nuclear weapons. Nobody can surpass you Americans and westerners in wickedness, man, don't try.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
dincugur
04-05-2006, 08:30 PM
You are destroying your afterlife while engaging yourself in this kind of filthy propaganda war.

Muezzin
04-05-2006, 08:33 PM
Desecrating corpses is evil. The kind of torture we've seen in places like Abu Ghraib is also evil.

How about we just condemn all this evil behaviour instead of engaging in petty propaganda wars?

dincugur
04-05-2006, 08:35 PM
R%egarding this kind of matters, please read the following. I think the writer makes good points:

My complaint is to the fellow Muslims and the Muslim organizations that jump obediently to apologize on my behalf and on behalf of my beloved Deen – Islam. I am hurt by the actions of those who make it their job to define Islam according to the paradigms of the West. I want to tell them:

§ We do not have to comment or express opinion on every event in the world involving Muslims just as no Christians or Jews are expected to do so;

§ Even if a wrong is actually committed by a Muslim in another part of the world, we do not need to condemn it or apologize for it just as no Jew, Christian, Sikh or Hindu is expected to apologize, condemn or comment on the crimes of other Jews, Christians, Sikhs or Hindus.

§ For all those who expect you to do so, you should politely ask them first to set an example by apologizing, condemning and actively working to stop the crimes perpetrated by their own communities.

§ As long as we remain defensive, we will be rubbed more and more into the dirt. We must go on the offensive and start holding other faith communities answerable for the crimes committed by their communities. They must remove and be ashamed of their huge logs before asking us to apologize for our little specks.

§ If our Western friends do not like an Islamic teaching, we must not try to twist our tongues to make it palatable to them. We must educate them by providing proper context and perspective instead of twisting or denying the said teaching. We must remember:

"Never will the Jews or the Christians be pleased with you until you fully adopt their paradigms. Say: Surely Allaah's guidance (Islam) is the only guidance. And if you follow their desires after the knowledge that has come to you, you shall have no protector from Allaah, nor any helper." Qur'an: Al-Baqarah 2:120

Islamicboy
04-05-2006, 09:03 PM
American desecrated Taliban Mujahideen bodies. Why do Americans desecrate bodies? See how stupid that sounds just because few american terriosts burned Taliban Mujahideens bodies i can accuse the whole american people of doing the same. But i would not do that because its just common sense that not all people are the same. Every where there are few bad apples. Except American Military where almost everyone is.

Knut Hamsun
04-05-2006, 09:11 PM
Taliban Mujahideen
That is an oxymoron, isn't it? I thought that the Talibs arose as a reaction to the chaotic power scheming violent tribalism of the Muj warlords in the early 90's.

renak
04-05-2006, 10:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by dincugur
Learn a little about Islam instead of wasting your time by employing such psychological war tactics against the "Middle Easterners".
I don't think Knutt was implying that this would be an Islamic practice; instead, a cultural practice in the Middle East.

azim
04-05-2006, 10:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Knut Hamsun
That is an oxymoron, isn't it? I thought that the Talibs arose as a reaction to the chaotic power scheming violent tribalism of the Muj warlords in the early 90's.
Mujahideen more or less means warrior. Its from the root Jihad (to strive, struggle), so Mujahid is one who strives or struggles and the bound morpheme 'een' is plural.

Of course the word also refers to the Afghani group you mentioned.

azim
04-05-2006, 10:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by renak
I don't think Knutt was implying that this would be an Islamic practice; instead, a cultural practice in the Middle East.
It's not cultural either.

Diverdown999 is just being ignorant and bigoted. Some people enjoy feeling superior to others and feeling that he and his race are superior to those of Middle East origin gives him this warm tingly feeling inside.

The truth is, what was done to the corpse is revolting, disgusting and disturbing. It suggest the ones who commited the action had 'dehumanised' their enemy to the point that they felt their corpse was not one that deserved the respect a human corpse would get.

Why?

It happens all the time in warfare. On both sides. Especially when the force is a more powerful aggressor, people tend to dehumanise the soldiers they are fighting.

Diverdown999 belives that the atrocities of Abu Ghraib are not as bad as this (although this is a debatable philosophical question - is it worse to inflict desecration to a dead corpse or inflicting suffering and torture to a living being?) however he misses the point that such morally offensive things have happened for the same reason - dehumanisation.

I do not believe its neccessary to prove to Diverdown999 that such disgusting things have been performed not only by those from the 'Middle East' but by the whole of humanity at one point (whether the Slave Trade or Holocaust, they are present throughout history).

Personally I feel this is a dead topic and not one which deserves 'discussion' and so should be closed by an Admin.

Salam.

Knut Hamsun
04-05-2006, 10:44 PM
Mujahideen more or less means warrior. Its from the root Jihad (to strive, struggle), so Mujahid is one who strives or struggles and the bound morpheme 'een' is plural.

Of course the word also refers to the Afghani group you mentioned.
Thank you for the response, azim. So, a Muj..(capital "M") is the specific group, and yes, muj... (lower case "m") is a general term. That is what I thought. So it should have read, Taliban mujahideen?

Knut Hamsun
04-05-2006, 10:48 PM
Azim:
I do not believe its neccessary to prove to Diverdown999 that such disgusting things have been performed not only by those from the 'Middle East' but by the whole of humanity at one point (whether the Slave Trade or Holocaust, they are present throughout history).
I agree Azim. This thread is stupid. If diverdown 666 knew anything about the history of warfare he would not have posted such a retarded question.

hamzaa
04-05-2006, 10:50 PM
salaam

Another chopper down.......:thumbs_up

azim
04-05-2006, 10:54 PM
Thank you for the response, azim. So, a Muj..(capital "M") is the specific group, and yes, muj... (lower case "m") is a general term. That is what I thought. So it should have read, Taliban mujahideen?
Yep, that's exactly it. The upper/lower case is a good way of putting it.

Wahid
04-05-2006, 11:00 PM
salaam

Another chopper down.......
^ yea keep it up
the action i think is phscological, to put fear into US troops.

Knut Hamsun
04-05-2006, 11:04 PM
hamzaa:
salaam

Another chopper down.......
And you live in london? Yeah, I always gloat when young Iraqi men are killed and burnt. You sound like a real humanitarian!

Wahid
04-05-2006, 11:07 PM
hamzaa:

And you live in london? Yeah, I always gloat when young Iraqi men are killed and burnt. You sound like a real humanitarian!
ur comparing soldiers to civilians now? ur smarter than that!

hamzaa
04-05-2006, 11:17 PM
hamzaa:

Peace, hook...line.....you get the idea...

You can gloat till the cows come home, doesn't bother me. Make no mistake, desecration of bodies is something which I abhor, irrespective whom the combatants are. Please, stop it with the compliments.......:embarrass

Knut Hamsun
04-05-2006, 11:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Vahid
ur comparing soldiers to civilians now? ur smarter than that!
If a young Iraqi man is fighting against the us/uk forces, a young Iraqi man is not a civilian, he is fair game. An unarmed, or at the very least, non-shooting-at-troops-inhabitant, is a civilian. Yes, I know the difference. What you don't see as disturbing and inflammatory is the gloating over the death of anyone, much less someone from the coalition to which your fellow countrymen belong!!! Was the "thumbs-up" nonsense neccessary. Go to the nearest pub in london and say its equivalent if he is so happy about it! Dissent is fine and dandy, but a "thumbs up"? Grow up.

Lush
04-05-2006, 11:27 PM
Nobody can surpass you Americans and westerners in wickedness, man, don't try.
Wow.

I'm waiting for this thread to be closed. I can't believe the moderators would stand for such a thing.

Right? Right?

hamzaa
04-05-2006, 11:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lush
Wow.

I'm waiting for this thread to be closed. I can't believe the moderators would stand for such a thing.

Right? Right?
Peace, give it time.........

hamzaa
04-05-2006, 11:45 PM

[/B]Was the "thumbs-up" nonsense neccessary. Go to the nearest pub in london and say its equivalent if he is so happy about it! Dissent is fine and dandy, but a "thumbs up"? Grow up.
Peace, *I wish I could be a little bit taller*:thankyou: ....ooooooooooooh, you! you, ...youngman, youngman...... and remember... breathe!......:thumbs_up

Knut Hamsun
04-05-2006, 11:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hamzaa
Peace, *I wish I could be a little bit taller*:thankyou: ....ooooooooooooh, you! you, ...youngman, youngman...... and remember... breathe!......:thumbs_up
Your writing style is nearly incomprehensible. I have absolutely no idea what you are on about.

hamzaa
04-06-2006, 12:32 AM
Your writing style is nearly incomprehensible. I have absolutely no idea what you are on about.
Peace,

:offended::thankyou: ... sleep on it.....;D

Knut Hamsun
04-06-2006, 12:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by hamzaa
Peace,

:offended::thankyou: ... sleep on it.....;D
It must have not been important if you are not willing to clarify your girly banter.

Malsidabym
04-06-2006, 01:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Islamicboy
Every where there are few bad apples. Except American Military where almost everyone is.
OK, I am not an american, so please don't think I am being defensive, But this statement cannot be taken seriously. "almost everone is"? Not really a sensible thing to say. In most groups of people, the bad apples are the minority. It is like a person saying, "Well, almost all muslims are mean and nasty". It is not a sensible thing to say, is it?

north_malaysian
04-06-2006, 01:42 AM
Most middle easterners love to eat their kebabs, or watching to belly dancing music video clip. They dont have time to desecrate corpses. Only ultra-moron people did that.

When the Israeli shot many times a Palestinian girl even after she is dead, I never ask Why Israeli Like to desecrate corpse. Because not all Israeli did that.

Muslim Knight
04-06-2006, 02:10 AM
It's a bigoted opinion. Nothing more.

renak
04-06-2006, 02:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malsidabym
OK, I am not an american, so please don't think I am being defensive, But this statement cannot be taken seriously. "almost everone is"? Not really a sensible thing to say. In most groups of people, the bad apples are the minority. It is like a person saying, "Well, almost all muslims are mean and nasty". It is not a sensible thing to say, is it?
No, it is not sensible.

vpb
04-06-2006, 02:18 AM
Most middle easterners love to eat their kebabs,
if I would be the admin I would ban u :P, now that u mentioned kebabs, I can't stop thinking of them ..mmMMmmmMM...I wish I could be back home and eat some kebabs :D lol

nimrod
04-06-2006, 04:38 AM
I am not sure about any difference between the first 5 posts on this thread.

I guess I am missing something. All 5 posts seem bigotted.

Thanks
Nimrod

north_malaysian
04-06-2006, 04:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by vpb
if I would be the admin I would ban u :P, now that u mentioned kebabs, I can't stop thinking of them ..mmMMmmmMM...I wish I could be back home and eat some kebabs :D lol
Beware of what u wish! In these day u have to check with local law to see whether it's a crime to eat a kebab.:giggling:

Malsidabym
04-06-2006, 05:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by nimrod
I am not sure about any difference between the first 5 posts on this thread.

I guess I am missing something. All 5 posts seem bigotted.

Thanks
Nimrod
I have read my post after reading this, and cannot see why you would think my post was bigotted.:? Would you please explain? Thanks.

azim
04-06-2006, 11:23 AM
This thread is just going downhill...and it started pretty low in the first place.

I hope the sensible among us will just leave this thread while we wait for it to be closed.

hamzaa
04-06-2006, 11:39 AM
It must have not been important if you are not willing to clarify your girly banter.
Peace, ooooh, matron;D .......

Ninth_Scribe
04-06-2006, 05:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by diverdown999
According to statements on Islamist Web sites, the Mujahedeen Shura Council was organized in January to consolidate al-Qaida in Iraq and other insurgent groups. The move was seen as an effort by insurgents to lower the profile of al-Qaida leader Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, a Jordanian, whose mass attacks against Shiite civilians have tarnished the image of the insurgents among many Iraqis.
The unification of the Mujahideen Shura Council was not a diss on Zarqawi. It was a strategically necessary move to insure the Mujahideen were all on the same page in terms of Shariah and to dismiss several accusations that were being made. Zarqawi was asked to tone down his conduct because the medieval imagery was disturbing to women and children. I didn't personally watch the beheading videos that were streamed all over the internet because my angel made me promise him I wouldn't, but I can imagine what it must have looked like.

I have a powerful distaste for Necro-Erotic behavior, defined as a pleasure that is experienced via bodily remains, but this is a Nature in mankind, one that is openly expressed in America on websites like Westgate Necromantic and in other videos such as "Hunting and Escaping". You can't pin this conduct on one particular country. That's like saying rapists are of only one race. People do "crack" under certain circumstances and their various Natures are often released in the process. The incident in Fallujah (the four contractors) made me physically sick, but so did the documentary of the battle, which testifies to what drove these men over the edge in the first place.

Ninth Scribe

Islamicboy
04-06-2006, 09:42 PM
Ok muslims is a group of people from Islam which is a religion where as american military is a military which goes in a country for one purpose that is to kill people u cannot deny that every american military person has blood stains of an innocent iraqi or any other country civilian. The smart thing you could have done was compare Islam to another religion. But then you couldnt have proved me wrong becuase agian american military is a military where every person has a gun bombs etc.. and they go hunting for humans. Not all muslims carry guns bombs and go around hunting humans. Salamalikum

Malsidabym
04-07-2006, 05:47 PM
Ok muslims is a group of people from Islam which is a religion where as american military is a military which goes in a country for one purpose that is to kill people u cannot deny that every american military person has blood stains of an innocent iraqi or any other country civilian. The smart thing you could have done was compare Islam to another religion. But then you couldnt have proved me wrong becuase agian american military is a military where every person has a gun bombs etc.. and they go hunting for humans. Not all muslims carry guns bombs and go around hunting humans. Salamalikum
But then you couldnt have proved me wrong
I have no intention or desire to prove you wrong. Merely stating that it is flawed to think that every american serviceman/woman is a bad person.
goes in a country for one purpose that is to kill people
Whatever the military leaders reasons, the soldiers are lead to believe that it is for a good cause. Whether the cause is good or not is another question. But most of the soldiers believe they are helping.
u cannot deny that every american military person has blood stains of an innocent iraqi or any other country civilian
Of course I can. Relatively few military personnel actually get to see combat, compared to how many there are. It would be the same as saying all palestinian fighters have the blood of Avi Ohion's (israeli who's family was killed by a gunman) two young sons on their hands. I believe many could kill a soldier, but not have the heart that could shoot small children. The same as american soldiers.
I am not an american, but I have known some. I know retired servicemen, and if you knew them you would not label them as bad people. They do what their leaders tell them to do. They may be mislead at times, but are not bad people.
Yes there are also some physcos in the US military.

Light Of Life
04-07-2006, 08:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by diverdown999
Why do people in the Middle East like to "play around" with corpses ? I never see this happen anywhere else. And there was an uproar over Abu Ghraib ? Imagine what would be said if the U.S. Army drug a few Iraqis around behind a Hummer. 'Turn-about's fair play'. :hiding:
Well, I don't know... does Somalia happen to be in the Middle East, too?

HeiGou
04-07-2006, 08:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Light Of Life
Well, I don't know... does Somalia happen to be in the Middle East, too?
It is in the Arab League. And come to think of it, a famous guy did that once in Troy - you know, with his chariot. Is Troy in the Middle East?

(And, being careful in case I upset anyone, Alexander the Great tied the corpse of Bagras the Eunuch who defended Gaza, to his chariot and dragged his body all over the place. I guess Alexander was kind of upset. Not a high point in Alexander's career.)

Islamicboy
04-07-2006, 11:16 PM
I have no intention or desire to prove you wrong. Merely stating that it is flawed to think that every american serviceman/woman is a bad person. Whatever the military leaders reasons, the soldiers are lead to believe that it is for a good cause. Whether the cause is good or not is another question. But most of the soldiers believe they are helping. Of course I can. Relatively few military personnel actually get to see combat, compared to how many there are. It would be the same as saying all palestinian fighters have the blood of Avi Ohion's (israeli who's family was killed by a gunman) two young sons on their hands. I believe many could kill a soldier, but not have the heart that could shoot small children. The same as american soldiers.
I am not an american, but I have known some. I know retired servicemen, and if you knew them you would not label them as bad people. They do what their leaders tell them to do. They may be mislead at times, but are not bad people.
Yes there are also some physcos in the US military.

Agian you compare military to people of palestine. American soldiers enjoy killing civilians seen it on CNN American News Media. American soldiers do what they told o yeah Abu Gharib those soldiers werent bad the main leader was. come on you gotta be joking if i had a leader he told me to rape 10 or 11year old kids i wouldnt do it or i wouldnt kill civilians randomly. So by what you are saying the sucide bombings can be accepted becuase they are merely doing what they were told to do by there leader. American Soldiers are not good people the civilians are turing a blind eye on the American government and military the same way when everyone turned a blind eye to hitler and Nazi military. American soldiers are nothing but cold killers i will never accept them as good people they are murderist. i have enought prove to show you that american soldiers are not good people they enjoy on the suffereing of others. Abu Gharib is prime example learn from it.

Malsidabym
04-07-2006, 11:23 PM
Agian you compare military to people of palestine. American soldiers enjoy killing civilians seen it on CNN American News Media. American soldiers do what they told o yeah Abu Gharib those soldiers werent bad the main leader was. come on you gotta be joking if i had a leader he told me to rape 10 or 11year old kids i wouldnt do it or i wouldnt kill civilians randomly. So by what you are saying the sucide bombings can be accepted becuase they are merely doing what they were told to do by there leader. American Soldiers are not good people the civilians are turing a blind eye on the American government and military the same way when everyone turned a blind eye to hitler and Nazi military. American soldiers are nothing but cold killers i will never accept them as good people they are murderist. i have enought prove to show you that american soldiers are not good people they enjoy on the suffereing of others. Abu Gharib is prime example learn from it.
If you had enough proof, then you would have an example for each and every one of the american soldiers individually, because you are saying that all of them are bad. I am saying no not all, I agree some yes, not all. This is silly to even discuss.

Islamicboy
04-08-2006, 12:40 AM
The major problem is you said that not majority of american military is bad. But I said that Majority of American military is bad. Lets take some examples here it comes Abu Gharib there were alot of American soldiers even head who controlled units. When a 11 year old kid was being beaten there were WOMEN proabably the last military person you except of laughing at a defenceless kid who is being beaten by strong old big men. Marine shoot and kill civilians after a road side bomb explodes. A muslim mosque where innocent civilians pray to Allaah S.W.T american soldiers open fire and kill all of them. A person shot trys to move american troops agian alot in number shoot him and cheer as he dies. You are an american supporter what can i do ofcourse you see it differently. You are a person who refuses the truth and excepts what is being told. If hitler was to tell you he was a good person would you say he was. Hitler believed he was helping the world when he killed jews. i mean you cant except me to take the word of american troops

Malsidabym
04-08-2006, 12:59 AM
The major problem is you said that not majority of american military is bad. But I said that Majority of American military is bad.
I still stand by what I said, and of course the statement is still silly when said that a majority are bad people.
You are an american supporter what can i do ofcourse you see it differently.
:giggling: ;D Now this is funny! If you knew me you would know I am no supporter of the american agenda. I have a few american friends, and like them very much, but no, I am not an "american supporter". The way you are implying it is to say that I support the american agenda. This is false.
You are a person who refuses the truth and excepts what is being told.
Again, if you knew me you would feel different. In fact, I have been known to annoy others in my search for truth, and for calling out others on things that are false. Ask Rou.
accepts what is being told
Never, I question everything I am told to the point it is a problem for me. I trust very little of what others say, muslims, christians, westerners, easterners alike. Every group has it's liars and deceivers. No exceptions.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.