/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How Rude Never Again!

youngsister
04-05-2006, 09:57 PM
Salam Ailekum everyone my friend told me that we HAVE to say Salam Alekium when we come across another muslim, and today when i went to the shop i saw this muslim lady i said Salam Ailekum to her and guess what? She gived me one dirty look i felt so embaressed:rollseyes
I couldnt believe i mean i said it before maybe it was because we are different races and she was shoked but then again why the dirty look?

So annoyed at the moment!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
afriend
04-05-2006, 10:02 PM
:sl:

Urm......Being a muslim teen......wearing the full armour (as in the dress) saying salaam to a 'respected' senior would be the respectful thing to do, but once I stuck my hand out to shake, the guy just looked at me and just walked away.....

I was like *CENSORED* !!!!!!

But, atleast I know that I carried out my duty as a Muslim, and it doesn't matter about the other guy cos we only did it fot the pleasure of Allah right?

But it was really embarassing, cos I was on the high stree (green street if u kno wer that is)

Ghazi
04-05-2006, 10:04 PM
Salaam

Isn't this one of the rights of a muslim.

afriend
04-05-2006, 10:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth
Salaam

Isn't this one of the rights of a muslim.
Yes, the status of replying to the salaam is Wajib, although giving Salaam is Sunnah...

So, the other person is in the wrong, maybe we can take a few deeds from them on Yawm ul Qiyaamah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Inshallah
04-05-2006, 10:53 PM
Maybe the lady thought that why is this girl saying salam to me when i don't even know her???? Maybe she was in a pissed off mood??? Maybe she isn't a practicing muslim??? Maybe she just doesn't care at all??? She should have said salam back but she didn't, let it go it happens sometimes.

IbnAbdulHakim
04-05-2006, 10:56 PM
do wat i do, salaam them then wen there bout to ignore you say

"BEWARE, ITTAKULLAH!! you might get sin...." lol it works :)

Sister_6038
04-05-2006, 10:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by youngsister
Salam Ailekum everyone my friend told me that we HAVE to say Salam Alekium when we come across another muslim, and today when i went to the shop i saw this muslim lady i said Salam Ailekum to her and guess what? She gived me one dirty look i felt so embaressed:rollseyes
I couldnt believe i mean i said it before maybe it was because we are different races and she was shoked but then again why the dirty look?

So annoyed at the moment!

sis dont be...seriously i get it ALOT of the time...but you know what thats what makes me even more happier when a fellow muslim does reply....its a shame especially when in the times of the prophet pbuh would rush to be the first to say assalaamualaikum wr wb....subhanaAllah you recieve more blessings from Allah for saying salaam first than you do replying and it doesnt hurt....but hey dont stop saying salaam...maybe the woman had some dust in her eyes and she didnt hear you clearly?!?! :D:D

IbnAbdulHakim
04-05-2006, 10:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hatshepsut
...maybe the woman had some dust in her eyes and she didnt hear you clearly?!?! :D:D
ye mayb she had some dust in her "ears". Next time shout a bit louder :)

Sister_6038
04-05-2006, 11:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid
ye mayb she had some dust in her "ears". Next time shout a bit louder :)

:rollseyes yeh that would be a good idea

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.