/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Should Australia publish Muhammad cartoons?

Mainul_Islam
04-06-2006, 01:08 AM
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/vote.aspx?qid=2106

Vote "NO"

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
renak
04-06-2006, 07:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mainul_Islam
Being told what to do makes me want to vote yes.

Malsidabym
04-06-2006, 07:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by renak
Being told what to do makes me want to vote yes.
It is a natural reflex developed from childhood. I too feel the urge to do the opposite of what someone tells me to do.

Mainul_Islam
04-06-2006, 09:17 PM
but would u really want to vote yes for something like this? wanting to support spreading hate against Islam & Muslims...?

i am not getting anything out of this so it doesnt bother me whether u vote yes or no

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
azim
04-06-2006, 10:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malsidabym
It is a natural reflex developed from childhood. I too feel the urge to do the opposite of what someone tells me to do.
In that case... VOTE YES!

Ghazi
04-06-2006, 10:17 PM
Salaam

What sort of question is this(no offense to the poster) this is like can we insult an entire nation.

Knut Hamsun
04-06-2006, 10:22 PM
The "yes'" are getting clobbered.

But at this point,so long after the fact, I am not sure what journalistic point it would serve to publish the cartoons. And Mainul, I don't really see how they are "hateful". Only one seems classifiable as "biting criticism"(Mo with turban). The rest are standard fare for political humour or too tame to even be called such. But I guess my point is that the reasons a prominent, mainstream paper uses to publish these, now, so long after the fact, would have to be scrutinized. What are their intentions?

Ghazi
04-06-2006, 10:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Knut Hamsun
The "yes'" are getting clobbered.

But at this point,so long after the fact, I am not sure what journalistic point it would serve to publish the cartoons. And Mainul, I don't really see how they are "hateful". Only one seems classifiable as "biting criticism"(Mo with turban). The rest are standard fare for political humour or too tame to even be called such. But I guess my point is that the reasons a prominent, mainstream paper uses to publish these, now, so long after the fact, would have to be scrutinized. What are their intentions?
Salaam

"Political humour" Those people who drew the cartoons fail to realise that not only is it our prophet but theirs aswell as their a part of ummah but they fail to believe.

Knut Hamsun
04-06-2006, 10:36 PM
Hello I-T,

"Political humour" Those people who drew the cartoons fail to realise that not only is it our prophet but theirs aswell as their a part of ummah but they fail to believe.
If I don't believe in your religion's claims, Mohammed is not "my prophet". If he is yours, cool, but it doesn't make it so for anyone else, I am afraid.

Ghazi
04-06-2006, 10:39 PM
Hello I-T,

If I don't believe in your religion's claims, Mohammed is not "my prophet". If he is yours, cool, but it doesn't make it so for anyone else, I am afraid.
Salaam

Well this is where your disbelieve kicks in, even though you disbelieve he is your messenger and when you get to the grave you'll be asked who your messenger is.

Mainul_Islam
04-06-2006, 11:04 PM
Mo with turban
JUST a turban? i do remember seeing a bomb on top of that, in the cartoon.

the cartoons are an insult to RELIGION, and has nothing to do with politics!

im sure people will have double standards if i publish cartoons of sum1 holy to them.

Knut Hamsun
04-06-2006, 11:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth
Salaam

Well this is where your disbelieve kicks in, even though you disbelieve he is your messenger and when you get to the grave you'll be asked who your messenger is.
If this doesn't happen (which I strongly believe it won't), I'll come back and tell you. :giggling: :thankyou:

Ghazi
04-06-2006, 11:12 PM
If this doesn't happen (which I strongly believe it won't), I'll come back and tell you. :giggling: :thankyou:
Salaam

Hey if you die in a state of disbelieve you'll have to worry about the angels which you'll meet. May allah guide you to the straight path.

Mainul_Islam
04-06-2006, 11:15 PM
u wont get a chance to come back

Knut Hamsun
04-06-2006, 11:21 PM
JUST a turban? i do remember seeing a bomb on top of that, in the cartoon.[
Yes, of course the turban was a bomb, I had no need to mention something everyone knows.

the cartoons are an insult to RELIGION, and has nothing to do with politics!
I would emphatically disagree with you. True Islam is both political and religious. Even if the offense was meant only as a "religious slight", it joins in good company thousands of others lampooning all religions and systems. Ever watched "South Park"?

And what was EVEN MORE POLITICAL was the muslim elites' response to this affair. (a diplomatic tour to inflame "offense", etc...)

im sure people will have double standards if i publish cartoons of sum1 holy to them.
Go right ahead. Iran had their "Holocaust Cartoon Contest" (which, in my opinion, lacked any creatively funny content at all), Egypt just published their quiver of "revenge cartoons" (lame), and of course, we had Israel launching their own "Jew-only" "Holocaust Cartoon Contest", which, in my opinion, was really f-ing funny. And Christians have more than their fair share of abusive cartoons (South Park from last season had an episode centered around a statue of Mary at a Catholic church who is hailed as "miraculous" b/c it is supposedly bleeding Christ's blood--turns out she was just menstruating). So it could be a lot worse, my friend.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.