/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Feet

sumay28
04-07-2006, 04:20 AM
I'm dealing with a problem with my feet cracking to the point where they make cuts. It primarily is in my heels. Right now my feet are bleeding. Does anyone else have this problem from making wudhu?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Tilmeez
04-07-2006, 04:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sumay28
Does anyone else have this problem from making wudhu?
First of all it is not because of the wudhu.... 2nd it could be soothe with a household remedy i.e. have 4 -5 turnip and boil them in 3-4 littre water add a bit of salt to it. wait until its warmth is bearable then sit with your feet in it for at least 15 minutes... you will feel much better... just give it a try and let me know...
this is, basically, because of the dryness or some other physical problems... better see a doc and get it fixd!!!

May Allah give you good overall health :inshallah:

:W:

sumay28
04-08-2006, 10:13 PM
This problem arose recently. When I started making wudhu like 6 months ago. I think the moisture is giving my feet calluses. LOL I know it sounds nasty man, but I was wondering if anyone else in the muslim community has this problem. Thanks for the tip. Inshallah I'll try it out.

*LJ*
04-08-2006, 10:37 PM
Salamu alaikum,

I've heard that if you dry your feet/hands/whatever properly then it stops them drying out.. I don't know if this works...I've had pretty dry skin on my hands recently, this cream from the pharmacy seems to help, its called aqueous cream bp.

Hope your feet get better, inshaAllah :)

Salam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
extinction
04-08-2006, 10:46 PM
im becoming a pharmacist!! aqueous cream is a doctor prescribed topical ointment but particularly for cracked heels there is the 'home remedies' and there is also some over the counter non-prescription products made by vaseline and a few other major corps check them out....

*LJ*
04-08-2006, 10:49 PM
Salam,
Oops, I didn't know it was prescribed, I kinda took some off my brother, lol...maybe I shouldn't use it too much.
Salam:thankyou:

azim
04-08-2006, 10:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sumay28
I'm dealing with a problem with my feet cracking to the point where they make cuts. It primarily is in my heels. Right now my feet are bleeding. Does anyone else have this problem from making wudhu?
You know the Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) had the same problem - he used to pray the night prayer till the cracks in his feet bled.

Second of all, I had the problem temporarily when I went on Umrah, the walking I did gave me calluses and they ended up splitting and bleeding.

The best solution (to my knowledge) is to use a pumus stone to rub off the calluses (you can get them from any pharmacy/supermarket) and then to keep them well moisturised until the cuts heal.

extinction
04-08-2006, 10:50 PM
you mean pumice* stone?? or is there another one called pumus?

azim
04-08-2006, 10:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hafizmo
you mean pumice* stone?? or is there another one called pumus?
I mean pumice, lol.

extinction
04-08-2006, 10:53 PM
yeah thought so...lol...cause for a minute i was scratchin my head

Malsidabym
04-09-2006, 05:13 AM
I used to have this problem for a long time, sounds like the same thing. Moisture. Important to wear clean socks and change them often, a few times a day. Keep feet clean and dry, but moisturized. Dry in the sense, dry socks, dry shoes, no excessive sweat. Moisturized in the sense of a topical ointment along with home remedies to get feet back to normal, then a moisturizer as a regular routine. And continuing the clean dry socks thing.
Good luck, and sorry to hear you have this problem, mine really hurt when I had it. Hope it gets better soon.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.