Assalamu 'alaikum

Amazing Subhanallah, May Allah bless him

Download here

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BlissfullyJaded
04-27-2005, 12:12 AM
:sl:

SubhanAllah...

My dad went to a madrassah once where there all blind students memorizng the Quraan.. It was so nice mashaAllah.. May Allah reward them for their efforts.

Far7an
04-27-2005, 01:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mm_ca04
May Allah reward them for their efforts.
Ameen

Ibn Syed
04-27-2005, 03:21 AM
My father went to a fundraising dinner and there was a blind reciter who had become hafiz and was reciting so beautifully mash'allah. He was reading from a brail Qur'an.
:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Khattab
04-27-2005, 02:40 PM
Our main Sheik here is blind and he is extremely learned mashallah.

Ra`eesah
04-27-2005, 03:59 PM
Assalamu'Alaykum

Mash'Allah Mash'Allah Mash'Allah
Subhan'Allah Subhan'Allah Subhan'Allah
Allahu'Akbar Allahu'Akbar Allahu'Akbar

Lina
04-27-2005, 05:47 PM
I don't want to be rude,
but the life of a blind person is pretty the same as to a person who's not blind in reading,
braille reading is as simple for them as normal reading is for us. they grow up with reading the braille as we grow up reading.

special efforts?
then everyone who's reciting the Quraan, should be seen as making special efforts?

furthermore, doesn't seem as something special to me.
May Allah Ta3ala bless us all.

Muhammad
04-27-2005, 06:03 PM

I still dont think its as easy to feel the Quran than to see it...I mean it must be at least a BIT easier to learn if you are not blind - but I still think it is a near miracle that they can learn the whole Quran SubhanAllaah. And now we are getting colour-coded Qurans and things, yet they cant benefit! I wonder if they even get pocket-sized Qurans in braille?

Ra`eesah
04-27-2005, 06:39 PM
Assalamu'Alaykum

No,subhanallah sister i will have to disagree with u on this point.Seeing is one of the most vital sense a Human can have, and esp with reading the Quraan. See in the Quraan Allah tells us things, tells us to observe and to see and to take notice of his creation... take the surah this brother was reading. Al Rahman, it talks about the creation Of Allah and what he has created and Allah asks Man kind and which of Allahs favors can u deny, how can u deny something u never seen? We take advantage of this. But to someone who is blind and can not see how do u think they will feel about certain ayahs that discribes the creation of Allah?

Lina
05-01-2005, 01:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad

I still dont think its as easy to feel the Quran than to see it...I mean it must be at least a BIT easier to learn if you are not blind - but I still think it is a near miracle that they can learn the whole Quran SubhanAllaah. And now we are getting colour-coded Qurans and things, yet they cant benefit! I wonder if they even get pocket-sized Qurans in braille?
Because we can't imaging reading without seeing it.
A person who was born blind, knows no better than reading in braille.
as we read with sight.

I know a lot of people who learned Qoraan by hearing it, instead of reading it. when i was younger, I had to memorize soerats without reading it (but hearing it) and I did memorize it, so i learned it. As i got older i could read it, but i can't memorize it as well as when i hear it.

Ma3a Salama.

Ra`eesah
05-01-2005, 01:35 PM
Assalamu'Alaykum

memorizing the Quran like a Parrot is the hardest thing ever. Mayeb at first its nice but, when u start to forget how do u revise? and when u cant see the exact letter how do u know if the person said KAF or QAF.....i use to memorize this way too and it effected me in the long run. Alhamdulillaah now i know how to read on my own, but i wish i would have learned that long ago.

And of course we dont know how it feelsfor a blind person to read with braille, also we dont know how it feels for someone who is crippled and cant walk...Alhamdulillaah we have things others dont and for that we must be grateful to Allah, and not take it easy, and say such things "not being a big deal for someone learning the quraan with out seeing" SUbhanallah the same way as we dont know how easy it is for them to read it with braille the same as we dont know how Hard it is. that is thier disadvantage but they over came it. MAshallah.\

forgive me if i said anything to offend you.
i love you for the sake of Allah.

Lina
05-01-2005, 01:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 3washey
Assalamu'Alaykum

No,subhanallah sister i will have to disagree with u on this point.Seeing is one of the most vital sense a Human can have, and esp with reading the Quraan. See in the Quraan Allah tells us things, tells us to observe and to see and to take notice of his creation... take the surah this brother was reading. Al Rahman, it talks about the creation Of Allah and what he has created and Allah asks Man kind and which of Allahs favors can u deny, how can u deny something u never seen? We take advantage of this. But to someone who is blind and can not see how do u think they will feel about certain ayahs that discribes the creation of Allah?
A blind person I used to not seeing, they are aware of not being able of really imagining how the creation of Allah looks like. As we can't imagine how other creations of Allah are, as Jenna; it is described in the Qoraan, but we can't imagine how it looks like or smells etc.
All the creations of Allah ta3ala are a mystery to us, but we can see some of it, and blind people can't imaging it, still this doesn't take away the privilege of being able to recite the Qoraan, as there are people who can't.

Lina
05-01-2005, 01:46 PM
Assalamu'Alaykum

memorizing the Quran like a Parrot is the hardest thing ever. Mayeb at first its nice but, when u start to forget how do u revise? and when u cant see the exact letter how do u know if the person said KAF or QAF.....i use to memorize this way too and it effected me in the long run. Alhamdulillaah now i know how to read on my own, but i wish i would have learned that long ago.

And of course we dont know how it feelsfor a blind person to read with braille, also we dont know how it feels for someone who is crippled and cant walk...Alhamdulillaah we have things others dont and for that we must be grateful to Allah, and not take it easy, and say such things "not being a big deal for someone learning the quraan with out seeing" SUbhanallah the same way as we dont know how easy it is for them to read it with braille the same as we dont know how Hard it is. that is thier disadvantage but they over came it. MAshallah.\

forgive me if i said anything to offend you.
i love you for the sake of Allah.
It maybe the hardest thing, but I have learned certain soerats by hearing it.
And still it has stayed with me all my life. It didn't affect me in the long run, as i said it every day during salat etc.
I didn't say, that it isn't a big deal, but a blind person doesn't know better than reading in braille. they read in the same speed as we do. for them it's offcourse harder to imagine how we read, as it's hard for us to imagine how they read.
Because they are blind, doesn't mean they can't feel the presence of Allah ta3ala, as we feel his presence, as we all can feel pain and joy.

Ra`eesah
05-01-2005, 01:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lina
A blind person I used to not seeing, they are aware of not being able of really imagining how the creation of Allah looks like. As we can't imagine how other creations of Allah are, as Jenna; it is described in the Qoraan, but we can't imagine how it looks like or smells etc.
All the creations of Allah ta3ala are a mystery to us, but we can see some of it, and blind people can't imaging it, still this doesn't take away the privilege of being able to recite the Qoraan, as there are people who can't.

In this Dunyah we have gardens and beautiful senes to compare jannah to... or at lest say i "WOW this is beautiful" but i know JAnnah is 100000 times better." so how can they imaige something they have no clue what i looks like... ok if i tell u image a zorigonabia... ur like whats that?! can u image it no because u dont even know what it looks like. but if i tell u image a beautiful garden u can why because u know what a garden is u have seen it before. all thses we take to our advantage, ok there are few things in lfe we imagie with out seeing, but not likly.

Like i said Seeing is a VITAL sense in a human, its very important...

Lina
05-01-2005, 02:09 PM
In this Dunyah we have gardens and beautiful senes to compare jannah to... or at lest say i "WOW this is beautiful" but i know JAnnah is 100000 times better." so how can they imaige something they have no clue what i looks like... ok if i tell u image a zorigonabia... ur like whats that?! can u image it no because u dont even know what it looks like. but if i tell u image a beautiful garden u can why because u know what a garden is u have seen it before. all thses we take to our advantage, ok there are few things in lfe we imagie with out seeing, but not likly.

Like i said Seeing is a VITAL sense in a human, its very important...
If you have never been able to see, you can't even imagine the vitality seeing can bring. we, as people who can see, can't imagine a life without seeing, as a blind person can't imagine a life with sight.

Allah ta3ala made these people for a reason. as they are also alive and who are we to say that they are lacking.(see:disadvantaged) Maybe they have an advantage as they are better in their senses of hearing and touch.

May Allah Ta3ala bless us all.

Ra`eesah
05-01-2005, 02:19 PM
Assalamu'Alaykum

ok... them being able to enhance their feeling and hearing skills is due to of their lack of sight, it’s a substitute

heres a proverb we can ponder upon....

I fet sorry for myself because i had no shoes... then i saw a man with no feet.

and btw how do u know this persone here was able to see before? how do u know that he wasnt just borned blind.

Lina
05-01-2005, 02:36 PM
Assalamu'Alaykum

ok... them being able to enhance their feeling and hearing skills is due to of their lack of sight, it’s a substitute

heres a proverb we can ponder upon....

I fet sorry for myself because i had no shoes... then i saw a man with no feet.

and btw how do u know this persone here was able to see before? how do u know that he wasnt just borned blind.
Which means we are also disadvantaged in our skills of hearing and feeling as we have no special skills.
as I said, we are not to say if they are lacking, as we are all human.
I didn't say that this person was able to see before.
I was speaking of blind people in general, especially people who're born blind.

Let us end this discussion. We are all servants of Allah ta3ala, and we are all different.

Ma3a Salama.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.