/* */

PDA

View Full Version : i like those channels

ivanna25
04-08-2006, 10:40 AM
Salam,

I recommend my brothers and sisters to watch Al huda TV which talks about the Islamic issues. It is in the nilesat position. i t is in english for people who understand only english.

And for those who are arabic, I recommend them to watch Al NAS TV. It is in Nilesat, too. The best time to watch it is in 22:30 GMT. another channel for arabic speakers is Al Resala TV. Those channels enable us to promote us spiritually more and more.
this is not a publicity, i have nothing to do with that. But this is " min bab al nous7e" for advising our brothers and sisters to watch those channles because some people when they become religious, they stop watching tv and considere it haram.

thanks.:?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MShah
04-09-2006, 08:42 PM
but isn't it haram to watch tv just as it is haram to keep pictues or take them. I am way new to islam but I belive that someone told me (dont quote me on this) isn't it to be said that if you can sit there and take pictures or draw a living thing then so see how you shall put life in it as had the creator? I dont think you are supposed to have these things. Not saying that I don't own a tv or pictures but I do believe it is Haram. Please someone correct me if I am wrong.

ivanna25
04-09-2006, 09:24 PM
Well, i read by some Muslim scholars that its haram. and I heared from others watching tv and taking pictures are not haram. Since there is difference we can take what is good for us. All Muslim scholars give lectures on tv and many of them have pictures.

What is haram as I heared from many Muslim scholars in channel Iqraa is to draw by your own hands living creatures or to do sculpture.

Please, this is what reall ymake people hate Islam. Islam is a religion of equilibruim, we dont have to deprive ourselves everything. We do pray, fact, give alms, do peligrimage, do hijab (for women), not commit adultery and other things. That s enoguh, if you tell me TV is haram, i will hate this life. You have a remote control and choose what you want to see like news channels, religious channels, and cultural ones.

Well, i think those who say that taking pictures is haram are very strict. We need fotos for many reasons, one of these things is for Identity Card.

Listen brother, in Islam, there are many important issues we have to discuss and many things we have to do not discuss if taking pictures or watching tv haram.

this makes life booooooooooooooooooored:rant:

MShah
04-09-2006, 09:39 PM
nay brother, its sister, and I disagree any and every topic is important when it comes to what is halal and haram, now knowing what is wrong and what is right and your decision or action apon these is but your own. Anything that will define right and wrong we must know, now if it is wrong and you keep doing it your choice I did ask you to throw your tv out. I have a tv. I took pictures for memories. I was just tying to shed some light.

there are things that alot of poeple do knowingly or unknowingly everyday that may be haram but knowing wether it is halal or haram and taking action after that knowledge is strictly up to only the individual.

I see you are a new member as I am. So lets share what we know or what we want to learn together.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Khattab
04-09-2006, 11:04 PM
TV itself is not haram, its what you choose to watch that decides whether its haram or not.

As for the channels you mentioned Ivanna no chance of anybody getting them in the UK as its on Nilesat, maybe in London or right down south other than that the signal will be too weak. Saudi 1 and 2 usually have the odd english show though.

ivanna25
04-09-2006, 11:17 PM
Thanks Mshah sister. i am proud of you because you want to obey god in every means. you are ready to reject anything if you its haram. I really love you in God, my sister.
I dont think Tv is haram, and this because i heared this many times by famous muslim scholars. you can choose the channel which willm help you to broad your knowledge in all domain of lifes especially your spiritual life.
Again what i know is that sculpture haram and hanging one's fotos on the wall is haram especially the big ones. one's fotos should be kept. You have to ask bout that many Muslims scholars.
At home, I have some books which say that taking pictures haram refering to Prophet's hadith that angels dont enter the house in which there is a dog or fotos. Other books mention the same hadith, but state that what s haram is to have fotos hung on the wall because this may be similar to sanam or idols that were worshipped in jahiliya or before Islam. also the hung pictures may mean implicitly that a person is proud of himself.

Many great Muslim scholars give lectures in tv and have their fotos in well-reputed magazines. I dont think me and you are better than those people who have PHD in Islamic studies or in whatever field.

i like you to email me incessantly.

mortazaB
04-09-2006, 11:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khattab
TV itself is not haram, its what you choose to watch that decides whether its haram or not.
I understand, by what your saying. Watching/Listening to a lecture on TV is good for your Iman

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.