/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Proof of the Torment of the Grave

Far7an
04-27-2005, 12:27 PM
Proof of the Torment of the Grave

[وَحَاقَ بِـَالِ فِرْعَوْنَ سُوءُ الْعَذَابِ]

(while an evil torment encompassed Fir`awn's people.) this refers to drowning in the sea, then being transferred from there to Hell, for their souls are exposed to the Fire morning and evening until the Hour begins. When the Day of Resurrection comes, their souls and bodies will be reunited in Hell. Allah says:

[وَيَوْمَ تَقُومُ السَّاعَةُ أَدْخِلُواْ ءَالَ فِرْعَوْنَ أَشَدَّ الْعَذَابِ]

(And on the Day when the Hour will be established (it will be said to the angels): "Admit Fir`awn's people to the severest torment!'') meaning, more intense pain and greater agony. This Ayah contains one of the major proofs used by the Ahlus-Sunnah to prove that there will be torment in the grave during the period of Al-Barzakh; it is the phrase:

[النَّارُ يُعْرَضُونَ عَلَيْهَا غُدُوّاً وَعَشِيّاً]

(The Fire, they are exposed to it, morning and afternoon). But the question arises: this Ayah was undoubtedly revealed in Makkah, but they use it as evidence to prove that there will be torment in the grave during the period of Al-Barzakh. Imam Ahmad recorded from `A'ishah, may Allah be pleased with her, that a Jewish woman used to serve her, and whenever `A'ishah did her a favor, the Jewish woman would say, "May Allah save you from the torment of the grave. '' `A'ishah said, "Then the Messenger of Allah came in, and I said, `O Messenger of Allah, will there be any torment in the grave before the Day of Resurrection' He said,

«لَا، مَنْ زَعَمَ ذَلِكَ؟»

(No, who said that) I said, `This Jewish woman, whenever I do her a favor, she says: May Allah save you from the torment of the grave.''' The Messenger of Allah said,

«كَذَبَتْ يَهُودُ وَهُمْ عَلَى اللهِ أَكْذَبُ، لَا عَذَابَ دُونَ يَوْمِ الْقِيَامَة»

(The Jews are lying, and they tell more lies about Allah. There is no torment except on the Day of Resurrection.) Then as much time passed as Allah willed should pass, then one day he came out at midday, wrapped in his robe with his eyes reddening, calling at the top of his voice:

«الْقَبْرُ كَقِطَع اللَّيْلِ الْمُظْلِمِ، أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ لَوْ تَعْلَمُونَ مَا أَعْلَمُ لَبَكَيْتُمْ كَثِيرًا وَضَحِكْتُمْ قَلِيلًا، أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ، اسْتَعِـــــــــيذُوا بِاللهِ مِنْ عَذَابِ الْقَبْرِ، فَإِنَّ عَذَابَ الْقَبْرِ حَق»

(The grave is like patches of dark night! O people, if you knew what I know, you would weep much and laugh little. O people, seek refuge with Allah from the torment of the grave, for the torment of the grave is real.)'' This chain of narration is Sahih according to the conditions of Al-Bukhari and Muslim, although they did not record it. It was said, `how can this report be reconciled with the fact that the Ayah was revealed in Makkah and the Ayah indicates that there will be torment during the period of Al-Barzakh' The answer is that the Ayah refers to the souls (of Fir`awn and his people) being exposed to the Fire morning and evening; it does not say that the pain will affect their bodies in the grave. So it may be that this has to do specifically with their souls. With regard to there being any effect on their bodies in Al-Barzakh, and their feeling pain as a result, this is indicated in the Sunnah, in some Hadiths which we will mention below. It was said that this Ayah refers to the punishment of the disbelievers in Al-Barzakh, and that it does not by itself imply that the believer will be punished in the grave for his sins. This is indicated by the Hadith recorded by Imam Ahmad from `A'ishah, may Allah be pleased with her, according to which the Messenger of Allah entered upon `A'ishah when a Jewish woman was with her, and she (the Jewish woman) was saying, "I was told that you will be tried in the grave.'' The Messenger of Allah was worried and said:

«إِنَّمَا يُفْتَنُ يَهُود»

(Only the Jews will be tested.) `A'ishah, may Allah be pleased with her, said, "Several nights passed, then the Messenger of Allah said:

«أَلَا إِنَّكُمْ تُفْتَنُونَ فِي الْقُبُور»

(Verily you will be tested in the graves.)'' `A'ishah, may Allah be pleased with her, said, "After that, the Messenger of Allah used to seek refuge with Allah from the torment of the grave.'' This was also recorded by Muslim. It could be said that this Ayah indicates that the souls will be punished in Al-Barzakh, but this does not necessarily imply that the bodies in their graves will be affected by that. When Allah revealed something about the torment of the grave to His Prophet , he sought refuge with Allah from that. And Allah knows best. The Hadiths which speak of the torment of the grave are very many. Qatadah said, concerning the Ayah,

[غُدُوّاً وَعَشِيّاً]

(morning and afternoon.): "(This means) every morning and every evening, for as long as this world remains, it will be said to them by way of rebuke and humiliation, O people of Fir`awn, this is your position.'' Ibn Zayd said, "They are there today, being exposed to it morning and evening, until the Hour begins.

[وَيَوْمَ تَقُومُ السَّاعَةُ أَدْخِلُواْ ءَالَ فِرْعَوْنَ أَشَدَّ الْعَذَابِ]

(And on the Day when the Hour will be established (it will be said to the angels): "Cause Fir`awn's people to enter the severest torment!'') The people of Fir`awn are like foolish camels, stumbling into rocks and trees without thinking.'' Imam Ahmad recorded that Ibn `Umar, may Allah be pleased with him, said, "The Messenger of Allah said:

«إِنَّ أَحَدَكُمْ إِذَا مَاتَ عُرِضَ عَلَيْهِ مَقْعَدُهُ بِالْغَدَاةِ وَالْعَشِيِّ، إِنْ كَانَ مِنْ أَهْلِ الْجَنَّةِ فَمِنْ أَهْلِ الْجَنَّةِ، وَإِنْ كَانَ مِنْ أَهْلِ النَّارِ فَمِنْ أَهْلِ النَّارِ، فَيُقَالُ: هذَا مَقْعَدُكَ حَتْى يَبْعَثَكَ اللهُ عَزَّ وَجَلَّ إِلَيْهِ يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَة»

(When one of you dies, he is shown his place [in Paradise or Hell] morning and evening; if he is one of the people of Paradise, then he is one of the people of Paradise, and if he is one of the people of Hell, then he is one of the people of Hell. It will be said to him, this is your place until Allah resurrects you to go to it on the Day of Resurrection.)'' It was also reported in the Two Sahihs.

[وَإِذْ يَتَحَآجُّونَ فِى النَّـارِ فَيَقُولُ الضُّعَفَاءُ لِلَّذِينَ اسْتَكْـبَرُواْ إِنَّا كُنَّا لَكُمْ تَبَعاً فَهَلْ أَنتُم مُّغْنُونَ عَنَّا نَصِيباً مِّنَ النَّارِ - قَالَ الَّذِينَ اسْتَكْبَرُواْ إِنَّا كُلٌّ فِيهَآ إِنَّ اللَّهَ قَدْ حَكَمَ بَيْنَ الْعِبَادِ - وَقَالَ الَّذِينَ فِى النَّارِ لِخَزَنَةِ جَهَ
نَّمَ ادْعُواْ رَبَّكُمْ يُخَفِّفْ عَنَّا يَوْماً مِّنَ الْعَذَابِ - قَالُواْ أَوَلَمْ تَكُ تَأْتِيكُمْ رُسُلُكُم بِالْبَيِّنَـتِ قَالُواْ بَلَى قَالُواْ فَادْعُواْ وَمَا دُعَاءُ الْكَـفِرِينَ إِلاَّ فِى ضَلَـلٍ ]

(47. And, when they will dispute in the Fire, the weak will say to those who were arrogant: "Verily, we followed you, can you then take from us some portion of the Fire'') (48. Those who were arrogant will say: "We are all (together) in this (Fire)! Verily, Allah has judged between (His) servants!'') (49. And those in the Fire will say to the keepers (angels) of Hell: "Call upon your Lord to lighten for us the torment for a day!'') (50. They will say: "Did there not come to you, your Messengers with (clear) evidences'' They will say: "Yes.'' They will reply: "Then call (as you like)! And the invocation of the disbelievers is nothing but in vain!'')

There are many ahadeeth that confirm the exsistence of torment in the grave. An nawawee said in the "sharh shaheeh muslim": "You should know that Ahlus Sunnah believe in the torment of the grave. The Quran mentions it in many places, such as in the verse: " The fire; they are exposed to it, morning and afternoon." Futhermore, a number of authentic ahaadeth, reported by more than one of the prophets companions, provide further proof of its exsistence. It is not against reason that Allah should return life to a part of the body and torment it. What is accepted by reason and confirmed by Shariah should be accepted and believe in it" (Shaheeh muslim Bisharh an-Nawawee)

There is more i could provide, but this is enough. This is why my beloved brothers and sisters, we should not take are akaal over the nakal. Shaving ones beard and reading the times and guardin instead of the quran and sunnah, leads one to strange conclusions. May Allah guide us all.

The worldly comforts are not for me. I am like a traveller, who takes a rest under a tree in the shade and then goes on his way." (Tirmidhi) - Prophet Muhammad (sallalahu alaihi wasalaam)

"O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity"
Ibn al-Qayyim

If i was going to meet my new wedded wife on my wedding night, or you would give me news i had a new born son. It would not give me the same satisfaction as sitting in a tent on a cold night thinking of tacticts on how to ambush my enemy. Khalid bin Waleed.

The death is only once, so let it be in the Path of Allah.Sheikh Dr Abdullah Azzam.

It is because of the American dream the world lives in a nightmare
Malcom X

The muslim enters this world crying and everyone around him smiling. And he dies smiling and everyone around him crying....

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Shadow
11-07-2005, 01:59 AM
mashAllah tht was a beneficial article
i also liked the quotes on the bottom of the post:)

Protected_Diamond
11-07-2005, 05:51 PM
:sl: warhmatulahi wabaarkthu

jazahka Allah khair soo much bro! may Allah s.w.a be pleased with you ameen!

:w: warhmatulahi wabaarkthu

Bittersteel
11-07-2005, 05:59 PM
I heard some people talking about graves catching fire or something?How do such things happen?

:sl:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ummAbdillah
11-07-2005, 06:38 PM
Thanks 4 sharing

Rabi'ya
11-08-2005, 03:57 PM
JazakAllah for posting that.....was benficial to me

:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:

ummbilal
11-12-2005, 10:34 PM
Jazakallah khair bro for this,

may Allah make us all firm when we are questioned in our graves inshaallah and make the graves of the muslim s spacious and light.

h1jabi_sista
11-18-2005, 10:00 PM
as salam alaikum

jazakallah khair, that was extremly beneficial!!

its actually quite interesting. i was doing a first aid course a couple of weeks back, and the teacher said that hearing is the last sence to leave your body.

subhanallah that fits in perfectly with the hadith narrated by Anas:

The Prophet said, "When a human being is laid in his grave and his companions return and he even hears their foot steps, two angels come to him and make him sit and ask him: What did you use to say about this man, Muhammad ? He will say: I testify that he is Allah's slave and His Apostle. Then it will be said to him, 'Look at your place in the Hell-Fire. Allah has given you a place in Paradise instead of it.' " The Prophet added, "The dead person will see both his places. But a non-believer or a hypocrite will say to the angels, 'I do not know, but I used to say what the people used to say! It will be said to him, 'Neither did you know nor did you take the guidance (by reciting the Quran).' Then he will be hit with an iron hammer between his two ears, and he will cry and that cry will be heard by whatever approaches him except human beings and jinns."

Volume 2, Book 23, Number 422:

the dead person can still hear even when he is in his/her grave. subhanallah may allah save us from the torment of the fire. ameen

allahu alum

mariamq
12-14-2005, 09:55 AM
Ameen ya rabb!

Im so afraid of the torment of the grave... Everyday i think about how each day is closer to the day i die...

hidden_treasure
12-14-2005, 02:36 PM
Assalamu alaikum,

We should all contemplate on death...its not easy to bury someone you love, and walk away not knowing what is happening to them in the grave...authu billa. I had a walk once with someone that was dear to me, through the cemetery..we were looking at all the old graves, and reflecting upon life..we both said to eachother, we will be here one day...i did not know that it would come that quickly, and i would be visiting my loved ones grave only a year later.

May Allah protect us all with His mercy and save us from His wrath...AMEEN.

mariamq
12-15-2005, 07:36 AM
Ameen!

Halima
12-16-2005, 02:15 AM

An important read:

*What COULD happen inside the graves*

This matter might have been communicated by way of the Jinn or it could merely be form of sophisticated charlatanry. We can be sure that it was not a communication from the woman herself, because we know from the Qur’ân and Sunnah what a person experiences after death and that we cannot hear it.

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said:
When the servant is put into his grave and all his fellows turn away to leave him, he will hear the sound of their footsteps. Two angels will approach him and ask him: "Who is your Lord, what is your religion, who is your prophet?"

The believer will answer: "My Lord is Allah, my religion is Islam and my Prophet is Muhammad."

Then they will ask him: "How did you know that?"

He will reply: "I have read Allah’s book and believed in it."

A caller from the heavens will say: "My servant is correct. Lay him a bed from Paradise and cover him with it and open for him a door to Paradise."

He will feel and smell the scent of Paradise and will see into it as far as his eyes can see.

The soul of the unbeliever will come back to his body in his grave. The two angels will come to him and ask him: "Who is your Lord?"

He will reply: "Oh, I do not know."

They will ask him: "What is your religion?"

They will ask him: "Who is that man who was sent to you?"

A caller from the heavens will say: "My servant did not answer correctly. Lay him a mat of Hell, cover him with it and open for him a door to Hell."

He will feel the heat of Hell. His grave will be narrowed for him until his ribs converge on each other. A blind and deaf man will be assigned to hit him with a steel bar that could turn a mountain into dust. He will hit him with it once then the unbeliever will shout with a loud voice that could be heard by everything save for humans and Jinn. He will turn into dust. Then his soul will return back to him again. [Sunan Abî Dawûd (4738)]
We know from this hadîth and others that the soul will be returned to the body when it is placed into the grave and that the person will be questioned and then experience either a pleasant time or a time of punishment therein

*charisma*
12-16-2005, 02:24 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

my aunt told me of this although i dont know if its true, inshallah someone can help..

she said that someone tried to prove the torments of the grave by tying a horse near a graveyard because the only creatures that can hear the pains of the dead is a horse, so they did this and tied up the horse tightly where there was no way for it to escape, and the guy said that if the horse stays then he did not hear anything and when they came back the next morning the horse was soo scared that he broke through the chains and ran away..

something like that

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

servent
12-21-2005, 08:37 AM
sopanallah so scary but true may ALLAH keep us striving forever inshallah and make us die as strong muslims so that he may have mercy on us inshallah .ameen may ALLAH save us all from the torments of hell and the humiliation on the day of judgment ameen may ALLAH give us the highest paradice ameen.:sister: :sister: :brother:

------
05-28-2008, 09:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Assalamu Alaikum

my aunt told me of this although i dont know if its true, inshallah someone can help..

she said that someone tried to prove the torments of the grave by tying a horse near a graveyard because the only creatures that can hear the pains of the dead is a horse, so they did this and tied up the horse tightly where there was no way for it to escape, and the guy said that if the horse stays then he did not hear anything and when they came back the next morning the horse was soo scared that he broke through the chains and ran away..

something like that

fi aman Allah
w'salaam
:salamext:

Animals can hear the torturing of the grave.

Hazrat Aisha (RA) relates that the Prophet (SAW) said:
"The dead are being punished in their graves and even the animals can hear their voices.
(Sunan Nisa'i)

truemuslim
05-28-2008, 04:04 PM
Subhanallah,
There are even PICTURES, really nasty pictures of the tormenting in the grave
i wonder what u would see if u put a live camera down there...
Jazakallah khair brother for sharin
:)

------
05-28-2008, 06:24 PM

^ No you wouldn't be able to, because torture of the grave is not in our realm. It's part of the unseen.

truemuslim
05-28-2008, 06:30 PM
Oooooooh... thank god. lol
there is this guy somewhere in yemen he was only like 18 nd he listened to music and did a bunch of bad stuff. then he somehow died and no one knew how he died, and they cleaned him and buried him, then only three hours in the grave, his parents said they want someone to unbury him and do some tests to see how he died, but when they unburied him....now remember this was only 3 HOURS in the grave,.. they unburied him and he was...omg... i cant even get teh image out of my head. his eyes were like..ew..and his nose, and everything! And his ENTIRE body was like smoking, and it was all black! omgggg! You shoulda seen it. and this isnt a lie, theres even proof of this!
May allah protect us all from tormenting of the grave!!

Güven
05-28-2008, 08:34 PM
^Ameeeeeeeen,
Yeah I saw a silmilar video It was very scary you wouldnt imagine How he Looked like

Güven
05-28-2008, 08:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Serene -

Animals can hear the torturing of the grave.

Oo that explains why There isnt any animals by the graveyard

------
05-29-2008, 12:32 PM

^ Yeh.

A_Way_Of_Life
09-21-2008, 03:43 PM
The Torment of the Grave is really scary!

I also heard about that 18 year old guy who was unburied after three hours, and let me tell you, I don't want to see it, but I did have a quick peek of it and have seen his face unintentionally on google images but I did not see it clearly but I have seen a picture of his eyes on google images. Creepy!!!
You have no idea how scared I am from that picture, I had a hard time sleeping because of that one quick peek.

May Allah (SWT) protect us from the Torment of The Grave.

truemuslim
09-22-2008, 01:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by A_Way_Of_Life
The Torment of the Grave is really scary!

I also heard about that 18 year old guy who was unburied after three hours, and let me tell you, I don't want to see it, but I did have a quick peek of it and have seen his face unintentionally on google images but I did not see it clearly but I have seen a picture of his eyes on google images. Creepy!!!
You have no idea how scared I am from that picture, I had a hard time sleeping because of that one quick peek.

May Allah (SWT) protect us from the Torment of The Grave.
Yeh and ameen,
You cant even reject nothin if u've seen the pics, you kno his body was SMOKING when they unburied him, and the was smoke and coming out as if he just got fried, it was on video all over yemen. and the pics were passed around all over to show people its true, and most people completely changed coz that pic is soooo sick, i only looked at it coz my cousin said it was only the dirt :raging:

A_Way_Of_Life
09-22-2008, 01:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim
Yeh and ameen,
You cant even reject nothin if u've seen the pics, you kno his body was SMOKING when they unburied him, and the was smoke and coming out as if he just got fried, it was on video all over yemen. and the pics were passed around all over to show people its true, and most people completely changed coz that pic is soooo sick, i only looked at it coz my cousin said it was only the dirt :raging:
:omg::eek:

His body was burned? wow that is really scary. This is proof!

From the quick peeks that I have seen I think his face looked flat or something and I hear his hair turned white.

Hearing those descriptions can probably make most people change their bad ways.

I never want to see that pic again even for a second!

Güven
09-22-2008, 01:45 PM
^Actualy I do Want To see it , you made me curious :skeleton:

A_Way_Of_Life
09-22-2008, 01:47 PM
^ Trust me, I don't think you want to see it, I had a hard time sleeping one night from just have a quick peak. :exhausted

Güven
09-22-2008, 01:49 PM
I do want to see it , Maybe It Can help My Imaan grow even more :)

------
09-22-2008, 01:50 PM

Belief in the torments of the grave is part of the Unseen Beliefs we have to do. You cannot see the punishments of the grave as it is not within our realm. It's like when you sleep and have a dream - it is in a different realm.

A_Way_Of_Life
09-22-2008, 01:54 PM
^ What happened to that guy's body then? is that picture fake?

Weather if that picture is fake or not, it was horrible.

Güven- That picture can be found on Google images but no way will I see it again.

Güven
09-22-2008, 01:54 PM

Belief in the torments of the grave is part of the Unseen Beliefs we have to do. You cannot see the punishments of the grave as it is not within our realm. It's like when you sleep and have a dream - it is in a different realm.
I was Just Goin To say That cause Thats What I Knew Aswell
thats Why I am Curious about the Pics they are talking About

------
09-22-2008, 01:57 PM

Allaahu Aalim what those pictures were, they have been around through email and have been on this forum itself.

But when Islaam teaches us its part of the unseen, we are not supposed to go and believe some next person's story about how they can 'prove' the punishment of the grave. We believe via faith and Imaan, not via physical evidence.

A_Way_Of_Life
09-22-2008, 01:57 PM
I also believe that it is something that is part of the unseen that is why I want to know if that pic is fake or not.

- Serene -- Thanks for the information :)

------
09-22-2008, 01:59 PM

Why do u need to know? When you have faith you shouldn't need to see any evidence.

A_Way_Of_Life
09-22-2008, 02:04 PM
^ Your right. :statisfie

truemuslim
09-22-2008, 02:23 PM
:omg::eek:

His body was burned? wow that is really scary. This is proof!

From the quick peeks that I have seen I think his face looked flat or something and I hear his hair turned white.

Hearing those descriptions can probably make most people change their bad ways.

I never want to see that pic again even for a second!
yh his hair was white, his body still had smoke floating up, his eyes were out, his nose was to his throat, his mouth...i couldnt tell...and his cheeks were too sick to say.
allahu akbar!

format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
^Actualy I do Want To see it , you made me curious :skeleton:
lol if u see it you'll lose a week of sleep tho. go ahead and try to find it but i saw it in yemen so i dunno wher to get it.

but sis it was on video, all over the news, photo's, and many many people got it live. how can someone deny this? it was only three hours, 3 hours in the grave, could you think someone human could unbury in 3 hours and start doing sick things a human could never bear to witness? and what about the smoke? on video? how could someone burn someone else and bury them over again and suddenly the parents come to unbury and smoke still comin up? and the white hair? he was 18, and buried with black hair.
Jazakallah khair sis :)

------
09-22-2008, 02:29 PM

^ I am not denying that it was the punishment of the grave. Nor do I, for a second, doubt it was. All I am saying is, our faith in such things should not come from 'seeing evidence', rather it should be fixed within our hearts via Imaan.

truemuslim
09-22-2008, 02:48 PM

^ I am not denying that it wa the punishment of the grave. Nor do I, for a second, doubt it was. All I am saying is, our faith in such things should not come from 'seeing evidence', rather it should be fixed within our hearts via Imaan.
ah, yeh thats what i thought :-[ jazakallah khair

p.s. your siggy...:statisfie

islamirama
09-22-2008, 03:13 PM
You really want proofs i have pictures of a teenager that was buried and had to be dug up few hours later due to some legal matters and what they pulled out was enough to make anyone's hair stand up.

truemuslim
10-02-2008, 05:35 PM
Ook so i just saw the pic yall were talkin about, an i gotta say its not nearly as bad as the other dude i saw. but it is very sickkkkk.
The dude wit white hair, gray body, wierd face?
yeh well i guess now all i have to do in order to not do no haram (music) is google "subhanallah" in images, whenever i get the urge to listen to somethin bad.

This guy was 18, omani, and unburied after three hours.
the other guy was yemeni, 18, and unburied after three hours.
the yemeni guy is like 50 times worse tho!

A_Way_Of_Life
10-04-2008, 01:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim
Ook so i just saw the pic yall were talkin about, an i gotta say its not nearly as bad as the other dude i saw. but it is very sickkkkk.
The dude wit white hair, gray body, wierd face?
yeh well i guess now all i have to do in order to not do no haram (music) is google "subhanallah" in images, whenever i get the urge to listen to somethin bad.

This guy was 18, omani, and unburied after three hours.
the other guy was yemeni, 18, and unburied after three hours.
the yemeni guy is like 50 times worse tho!
The other day when I was posting in this forum I typed the word "Subhanallah" on google to see if I spelled it right and I went on google images and I got the same picture, but it is just like I said, I only got a quick peek at it. I am really scared of that picture, but wait a second, there are two guys who were found to be punished in the grave? I thought it was just one guy I am so confused.

I don't want to see any of them again, the descriptions of the punishment of the grave enough for me.

truemuslim
10-04-2008, 01:36 AM
The other day when I was posting in this forum I typed the word "Subhanallah" on google to see if I spelled it right and I went on google images and I got the same picture, but it is just like I said, I only got a quick peek at it. I am really scared of that picture, but wait a second, there are two guys who were found to be punished in the grave? I thought it was just one guy I am so confused.

I don't want to see any of them again, the descriptions of the punishment of the grave enough for me.
Yeh, thats wat i did (xcept i wanted sumthing subhanallah in ANOTHER way) i could keep staring at that pic tho, (actually i did:-[) nd i fink it should stay ther for everyone else who decides to google subhanallah! and quit music *cough......seriously if u ever bout to listen to music or something just google that and stare at it till ur heart loses the urge to listen to it! works like magiccccccc.

I've read descriptions of teh grave, wher they say they take rocks nd crack ur head opened like them bein stoned peoples, and when they take hooks and "play" with your eyes and nose nd mouth...and i think u get it..and way worse stuff for every punishment. but for sum reason it never changed me.......i gues i go with proof in images :( :-[

A_Way_Of_Life
10-04-2008, 03:11 AM
Are those stories about those two boys real? Those two stories sound too similar mainly because they were both dug up after three hours.
The Punishment of The Grave is a scary subject for me. I usually read more about the punishment of the Grave then the pleasure of the grave for some reason. :hmm:

Thinking about the punishments of Allah (SWT) does help many people keep away from some sins.

I like reading the story of Ahmad that is posted on these forums.

May Allah (SWT) protect us all from the Torment of the Grave and the Torment of the Fire.

Ameen

truemuslim
10-06-2008, 01:01 PM
hell yeh they real, and they both got two different pictures, the one about the yemeni dude is got video too, which sho his body smokin....

------
10-06-2008, 01:13 PM

^ I am not denying that it was the punishment of the grave. Nor do I, for a second, doubt it was. All I am saying is, our faith in such things should not come from 'seeing evidence', rather it should be fixed within our hearts via Imaan.
I will not repeat myself :-\

It is part of the UNSEEN.

truemuslim
10-06-2008, 01:21 PM
but its seen :p
i seen, i been a foot close, i felt (and wont again) and i regret.......................

------
10-06-2008, 01:23 PM

I. Give. Up.

truemuslim
10-06-2008, 01:35 PM
:( sorry ?

syilla
06-09-2009, 06:19 AM
*bump

Ali_008
06-10-2009, 02:31 AM
I searched for the pics on google and just saw them and undersood all the hoopla going around about this boy. It really is scary and a great reminder for all the believers to have sabr in their pursuit.

And anyway Rasoolullah (sallallahu alayhiwasallam) warned us about the punishment of the grave and he also said that whoever reads/recites Surah Mulk every night wil be saved from the punishment of the grave.

Ali_008
06-10-2009, 02:32 AM
Thats Surah # 67, Surah Mulk

AabiruSabeel
08-09-2009, 01:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by thetruth2009
Deleted post
The proof of the torment in grave is already given in the first post in this thread http://www.islamicboard.com/24087-post1.html from the Quran.

Are you trying to say you believe in a part of the Quran, and disbelieve in other parts of the Quran?
Then is it only a part of the Book that ye believe in, and do ye reject the rest? but what is the reward for those among you who behave like this but disgrace in this life?- and on the Day of Judgment they shall be consigned to the most grievous penalty. For Allah is not unmindful of what ye do. [2:85]

Punishment of the grave is also mentioned clearly in the Ahadeeth. Read post #9 of this thread.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.