/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Adornment For Women

Sister_6038
04-08-2006, 09:35 PM
Woman who follows fashion always tries it to impress others and to earn their admiration. Hence, she always keeps herself busy and spends a lot of money and time for achieving this objective. If she outshines others, she feels proud and haughty, but if others surpass her, she becomes furious, jealous, and suffers from grief that is known only to Allah the Almighty. Therefore, you will find her either proud and haughty or jealous. The psychological harm of such situations is obvious.

Rules and Principles for Adornment of Women

I will mention here some of the principles, which are allowed and can be used as a standard for different kinds of adornment: the old and the new ones as well as those that have no opinion of Muslim scholars regarding their use. I continue by seeking help from Allah the Almighty:

The First Principle:

It should not be prohibited by Shari'ah (Islamic jurisprudence). If adornment is prohibited by Allah or His Prophet (SAW), then it is prohibited, whether it appears to us good or harmless.

The Second Principle:

Adornment should not be similar to that of disbelievers. This principle is the most important one and should be observed regarding all kinds of adornment. If anyone's heart inclines towards an act of disbelievers either in liking it or actually doing it under a presumption that this is not a similar act, then this person lacks Islamic character, which is a result of weak faith.

Surprisingly, a Muslim doing an act that has roots in Shari'ah (Islamic jurisprudence) may be considered as a sinner, because he intends that act as similar to what is done by disbelievers. For instance, men should let their beards grow long. Islam prescribes men to grow their beards long; however, if someone grows his beard following a western design or cut, he earns sin, because his intention is not good! Example about women is adapting long wedding dresses. Whether the dress is longer by an inch or a yard, this act is considered as a deviation from the practices permitted by Shari 'ah (Islamic jurisprudence). However, since disbelievers appreciate these things on their occasions, some Muslims have also become fascinated by them and have started imitating these traditions. Muslims even follow the traditions of short and open clothing! In both cases, such Muslims are sinners.

The Third Principle:

Woman's dress should be in no way similar to that of a man.

The Fourth Principle:

Make-up should not be permanent.

The Fifth Principle:

Make-up should not make any changes in the features created by Allah.

The Sixth Principle:

It should not be harmful for body.

The Seventh Principle:

It should not prevent water from reaching to skin and hair, especially if a woman does not have menses.

The Eighth Principle:

There should be no excesses and extravagance in it.

The Ninth Principle:

Woman should not waste a lot of time on it, and it should not be the matter of her concern.

The Tenth Principle:

Make-up should not create feelings of haughtiness, self-conceit, vanity, and superiority over others.

The Eleventh Principle:

She should be number one of her husband. She can adorn herself for her husband, which has been permitted by Allah in Ayah 31 of Surah An-Nur.

The Twelfth Principle:

Make-up should not go against nature.

The Thirteenth Principle:

Embellishment or adornment should not expose the private parts of a woman. Private parts of a woman in front of another woman are from her navel to her knee. Woman should cover her entire body with no exceptions in front of men who are not her blood relatives.

The Fourteenth Principle:

If a woman is veiled, she should not appear in the gathering of non-related men in a manner that attract the eyes of people. This type of veil is called displaying veil.

The Fifteenth Principle:

Make-up should not interfere with any obligations or duties, like it happens with some women upon attending a wedding or other occasions.

These are the basic principles for doing make-up or adornment, in the light of Shari 'ah (Islamic jurisprudence) and verdicts of Muslim scholars. Woman can avoid doing wrong adornment, because if adornment is wrong, it becomes prohibited. Allah the Almighty knows best.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
extinction
04-08-2006, 09:37 PM
women take long enough to get ready as it is maybe this might help shorten the so called "i'll be out in one minute"

IbnAbdulHakim
04-08-2006, 09:40 PM
comsmetics + women = ugliness :thumbs_up

women + piety = love :wub:

Sister_6038
04-08-2006, 09:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hafizmo
women take long enough to get ready as it is maybe this might help shorten the so called "i'll be out in one minute"
tis the hijab...its hard tryin to fix in all those pins...without stabbing yourself lololol

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
extinction
04-08-2006, 09:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hatshepsut
tis the hijab...its hard tryin to fix in all those pins...without stabbing yourself lololol
lol aah I see and the color contacts and the eyeliner and the blush and the masacara and the lip stick and foundation or lipgloss...and dont forget the clothes selection!!! lol hijabi girls cover up yes...but they will have the nicest shiniest burkhas that make them look more noticeable then not to mention the way they make up underneath.........but I have no problems with the hijabi girls that cover full and have simple designs and simple make up not all the "ostentatious' types

Sister_6038
04-08-2006, 09:55 PM
lol aah I see and the color contacts and the eyeliner and the blush and the masacara and the lip stick and foundation or lipgloss...and dont forget the clothes selection!!! lol hijabi girls cover up yes...but they will have the nicest shiniest burkhas that make them look more noticeable then not to mention the way they make up underneath.........but I have no problems with the hijabi girls that cover full and have simple designs and simple make up not all the "ostentatious' types
colour contacts? nah i much prefer my specs and whats wrong with dark eyes? :rollseyes

eyeliner? i thought the lines around my eyes were enough elready? also known as laughter lines :rollseyes

blush? only when my mum embarasses me :statisfie

masacra? right im seeing the words 'mass' 'scare' 'her' in there hmmm

lip stick? didnt realise we could get lips on sticks....no wait are you talking about those lollies in the shapes of lips...theyre on sticks :?

foundation? right thats something to do with buildings? :?

lipgloss? oh you mean vaseline...aloe vera one is much less greaser than the original...but hey both work to keep your lips protected from the harshness of british weather!!:happy:

shiny burkhas? hmmm i didnt black reflected? gosh i guess my phsyics was bad

extinction
04-08-2006, 09:58 PM
colour contacts? nah i much prefer my specs and whats wrong with dark eyes? :rollseyes

eyeliner? i thought the lines around my eyes were enough elready? also known as laughter lines :rollseyes

blush? only when my mum embarasses me :statisfie

masacra? right im seeing the words 'mass' 'scare' 'her' in there hmmm

lip stick? didnt realise we could lips on sticks....no wait are you talking about those lollies in the shapes of lips...theyre on sticks :?

foundation? right thats something to do with buildings? :?

lipgloss? oh you mean vaseline...aloe vera one is much less greaser than the original...but hey both work to keep your lips protected from the harshness of british weather!!:happy:

shiny burkhas? hmmm i didnt black reflected? gosh i guess my phsyics was bad
ok about everything except shiny burkhas im going to say simply Lol....but shiny burkhas....you get those black ones that have shiny material look really nice...but not appropriate(you see them alot in saudi)then you get the patterns on them with sequins and all that ....hence making it shiny and attractive

Sister_6038
04-08-2006, 10:00 PM
ok about everything except shiny burkhas im going to say simply Lol....but shiny burkhas....you get those black ones that have shiny material look really nice...but not appropriate(you see them alot in saudi)then you get the patterns on them with sequins and all that ....hence making it shiny and attractive

bro its like with magpies...shiny stuff is attractive...best thing for brother to do is lower their gazes...

IbnAbdulHakim
04-08-2006, 10:01 PM
bro its like with magpies...shiny stuff is attractive...best thing for brother to do is lower their gazes...
umm, shiny stuff... me n my whole family thinks its cheesy to wear shiny stuff lol. And whoeva duz is just seekin attention!!!

:sl:

Sister_6038
04-08-2006, 10:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid
umm, shiny stuff... me n my whole family thinks its cheesy to wear shiny stuff lol. And whoeva duz is just seekin attention!!!

shiny stuff is very 80s discotheque me tinks...oui oui

extinction
04-08-2006, 10:06 PM
shiny stuff is very 80s discotheque me tinks...oui oui
thank you!!! point proven....anyways when you go saudi ever look out for what Im talking about and laugh...and about brothers keeping gazes down how can you when you see something reflecting and shiny walking down the street asking for attention........

Sister_6038
04-08-2006, 10:08 PM
thank you!!! point proven....anyways when you go saudi ever look out for what Im talking about and laugh...and about brothers keeping gazes down how can you when you see something reflecting and shiny walking down the street asking for attention........

just think 'must resist temptationmust resist temptation!!' lolol seriously bro it cant be that bad now can it?

extinction
04-08-2006, 10:09 PM
just think 'must resist temptationmust resist temptation!!' lolol seriously bro it cant be that bad now can it?
lol for me no cause I dont see any burkhas at all...*shame* all I see is what you expect in florida..girls that are so poor they cant afford to over properly ....

Sister_6038
04-08-2006, 10:11 PM
lol for me no cause I dont see any burkhas at all...*shame* all I see is what you expect in florida..girls that are so poor they cant afford to over properly ....
i know bro what can you do? its gettin so expensive to buy more material nowadays lololol

Guli7
04-08-2006, 10:12 PM
hmmmm too many rules.

just go out with chapstick on, that is all.

t4p

extinction
04-08-2006, 10:13 PM
i know bro what can you do? its gettin so expensive to buy more material nowadays lololol
lol that totally sucks ...cause gas (petrol) prices are getting so high now too!!!and now i got to worry about cloth prices oh my days...I think I need to sit down...oh crap time for asr....will be bacl laterz to reply!!

IbnAbdulHakim
04-08-2006, 10:14 PM
^

lol ye, dont overdo it man, rememba plz only ur husbands :)

Sister_6038
04-08-2006, 10:15 PM
lol that totally sucks ...cause gas (petrol) prices are getting so high now too!!!and now i got to worry about cloth prices oh my days...I think I need to sit down...oh crap time for asr....will be bacl laterz to reply!!
dont say c*** be happy happy its time to pray although im guessin you are well im out so ma'salaama tke cre

sumay28
04-08-2006, 10:18 PM
Hey so eyeliner.... yes or no? I like to thicken on the eyeliner, man. I don't wear anything else but eyeliner. I like the racoon look.

S_87
04-09-2006, 03:40 PM

so what if someones not married .... :-\

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.