/* */

PDA

View Full Version : trying to get Halal food in school

Farhiya
04-09-2006, 12:08 AM
:sl:
Dear brothers:brother: and sisters:sister:

I am trying to get some halal food in my school, I go to a college in Toronto Canada… any one have a idea in how I could do this:? … please help us

jazakaallahu kheran.:)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Little Muslimah
04-09-2006, 12:16 AM
salam sister,

i think u should get ppl to sign a petition and take it to the deen

salam

F.Y.
04-09-2006, 02:58 AM
Nah, thats too extreme. Go to the Principal and explain your situation. Figure out how to tackle the situation together. If they say they cant due to financial things to consider, accept it, and maybe you can raise funds at your local mosque or something. But if he is unreasonable and gives unreaonsable statements as to why he cant cater for your halal needs, then you can sign a petition. Signing petitions is the last resort, because they are kind of a serious statement.

Farhiya
04-09-2006, 03:02 AM

ya i think u r right...i will try to do that jazakuallah kharen...:)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
mortazaB
04-10-2006, 10:36 PM
I think the petition is a good, idea... The more people who agree the more confidence the Principal will have to enforce the request.

Just curious what College is that? ...Seneca?

Wa-Salam.

Sister_6038
04-10-2006, 10:38 PM
if you have a school council why dont you try approaching the council rep of your year or form or however it is done....:D:D

Ghazi
04-10-2006, 10:39 PM
Salaam

Isn't this just a basic right

Sister_6038
04-10-2006, 10:42 PM
i think it depends on the amount of muslim pupils attending a school...im not sure correct me if im wrong...i mean when i went to high school...it wasnt an islamic school but we had a large number of muslim students..so much so that school was closed during the two days of eid....and also the meat was all halal....with the exception of the hamburgers and pork dishes...and there were different sets of cultery and dishes for the halal and non halal food...

extinction
04-10-2006, 10:45 PM
dont you have MSA? muslim student association? we have it like in all our colleges and universities

Farhiya
04-10-2006, 10:50 PM

It should be a basic right, but unfortunately I live in a non Islamic country and go to a non Islamic college so we have to try to find ways we could bring halal food…they just don’t bring it…

Farhiya
04-10-2006, 10:52 PM
ya we have an MSA

Hayat
04-10-2006, 10:53 PM
Hey salamu alaykum, keep trying we need more options insha allah :)

extinction
04-10-2006, 10:55 PM
then bring it up in the msa meetings...thats a no-brainer then msa an help organize a petition and do something about it

Farhiya
04-13-2006, 10:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mortazaB
I think the petition is a good, idea... The more people who agree the more confidence the Principal will have to enforce the request.

Just curious what College is that? ...Seneca?

Wa-Salam.

no brother, i go to humber college

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.