/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Apology (Try My Riddle)

Z
04-09-2006, 07:18 PM
Salaam.

I'd just like to aplogise to all those who took part in the Try My Riddle topic. I must say, some very good answers were posted, and some of you were almost there with it. It had to go though due to reasons that I'd be unwise in sharing with you too. Let's just say it was down to some part of it being Haraam and immoral. Sorry for using your hard efforts and sleepness nights in trying to figure the answer.

And as for the tenner, well I'll spend it wisely. On some nutty chocolate maybe. I'll think of your answers whilst eating it though.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Sister_6038
04-09-2006, 07:25 PM
:sl:
why dont you give the tenner to charity? :statisfie

Mohsin
04-10-2006, 02:07 PM
Ok i understand it had to go, but could you at least tell us the answers, or at least just PM me??

Kittygyal
04-10-2006, 02:09 PM
yea bro just let it out and tell us the answer now :)

take care

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Z
04-10-2006, 06:38 PM
Salaam.

Moss, as much as I'd want you to know the answer, I can't tell you. It's a matter of moral.

I suppose I could give a percent of the tenner to charity.

Mohsin
04-10-2006, 09:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Z
Salaam.

Moss, as much as I'd want you to know the answer, I can't tell you. It's a matter of moral.

I suppose I could give a percent of the tenner to charity.

You're a cruel cruel guy bro, i'm not too happy!

Lol jus jokin, i'm sure u have valid reasons bro, but you should understand there is a part of me that is feeling you made it all up with no actual answer, and just did this at the end since you had no answer to provide. The only way to prove me wrong and put my doubt to rest would be to tell the answer! ;D

BlissfullyJaded
04-10-2006, 11:14 PM
:sl:

Hmmm...isn't it when we give in charity, we shouldn't talk about it? So his agreeing to give a 100% of it can be done, with no telling of it...

Allahu 'alam... :)

sapphire
04-10-2006, 11:16 PM
aaaaaaah after all tht not knowing...khair......i guess i can live with not knowing:)

Muslim Soldier
04-11-2006, 01:32 PM
well if the answer is immoral, atlest send it to me through pm
after all my hardwork this is the least I deserve

Muslim Soldier
04-11-2006, 01:40 PM
well I spent sleepless nights pondering over it

Mohsin
04-11-2006, 04:15 PM
ok ima try n re-create the riddle, since i've noticed from the riddle thread u seem to be good at riddles

it went sumin like this

2 guys walk in2 a cafe, person 1 and person 2

Person 1 entered with a £50 note only, person 2 entered with nothing

Person 1 ordered a coffee, got his change from the £50 note

Person 1 then left with the change he received from the waiter. Person 2 left 5 minutes later, with the exact same change, even though he went in with nothing

Now Z said this scenario is realistic, and happens every single day, so he rejected some of our attempts like he happened to find the money on the fllor etc, since it has to be realistic

Anyway Z gave us clues along the way. Person 1 and person 2 sat on same table. Also the waiter that served them is related to the riddle. It's also got something to do with the note. I think i've covered it all.

This riddle was up for 2 weeks, and we were desparate to know the answer, cos we wanted to know what we were missing, since it was meant to be really obvious and happened everyday. Obviously you can understand our frustration at not being given the answer, cos a lot of us had been thinking about it :rollseyes and especially since it was so realsitic and obvious. now obviously it leads us to think no solution ever existed and Brother Z was having us on, lol which has been a very cheeky prank

Muslim Soldier
04-11-2006, 04:21 PM
Moss I have edited some parts and bolded them
here is the one I remember

format_quote Originally Posted by Moss
ok ima try n re-create the riddle, since i've noticed from the riddle thread u seem to be good at riddles

it went sumin like this

2 guys walk in2 a cafe, person 1 and person 2

Person 1 entered with a £50 (removed), person 2 entered with nothing

Person 1 ordered a coffee, got his change from the £50 (removed)

Person 1 then left with the change he received from the waiter 5 mins later. Person 2 left 10 minutes later, with the exact same change, even though he went in with nothing

Now Z said this scenario is realistic, and happens every single day, so he rejected some of our attempts like he happened to find the money on the fllor etc, since it has to be realistic

Anyway Z gave us clues along the way. Person 1 and person 2 sat on same table. Also the waiter that served them is related to the riddle. It's also got something to do with the note. I think i've covered it all.

This riddle was up for 2 weeks, and we were desparate to know the answer, cos we wanted to know what we were missing, since it was meant to be really obvious and happened everyday. Obviously you can understand our frustration at not being given the answer, cos a lot of us had been thinking about it :rollseyes and especially since it was so realsitic and obvious. now obviously it leads us to think no solution ever existed and Brother Z was having us on, lol which has been a very cheeky prank

Mohsin
04-11-2006, 04:31 PM
Yeah we suggested they were twins, he said it's highly unrealistic. From that he gave us the clue that they are bros

Muslim soldier, why have you removed £50 only, i think that was key, he only came in with that

Muslim Soldier
04-11-2006, 07:15 PM
he said the guy had 50 pounds not 50 pound note.

Z
04-11-2006, 07:24 PM
Salaam.

Guys, give it a break 'eh?

When I said it's some-what Haraam, then why do you persist further in wanting to know the rest of it? Isn't something being said Haraam enough to stop you from wanting to know more of it? I was hoping it wouldn't lead the way it had, but it did and hence the topic had to be trashed completely. I started this as only an apology to those who were really trying to solve it, and to say sorry for wasting their time - not to recreate the buzz again.

Mohsin
04-11-2006, 08:25 PM
Bro how could the solution possibly be haraam? It just don't seem it

Muslim Soldier
04-12-2006, 06:56 AM
if the soln was haraam why did you post it?

Silver Pearl
04-12-2006, 10:49 AM
Humans are very curious and so am I but nonetheless this is where will power comes in. Perhaps not knowing the answer is the best Z could offers, in the sense that if you teach yourself to ignore your curiosity and not crave to know something after being told it contains something haraam Allah (swt) could reward you from refraining what is not good for you.

As to why did Z post the question in the first place? I do not know the real answers but there are rational explanations. Let us not sit here and dwell on the intentions behind Z’s riddle or what not.

The brother apologised and accept that apology, if not for him then at least for your lord.

Edited: Spelling mistake, (guess who spotted it!)

:wasalamex

Muslim Soldier
04-12-2006, 11:19 AM
its easily said than done

Mohsin
04-12-2006, 01:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Soldier
its easily said than done

Lol

Yeah actually we as muslims should take Z's word for it, as suspicious as it is. If he says he has valid reasons i'm sure he does, if he doesn't, well, i guess he's lieing and we'll see him on D.O.J.!! ;D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.