/* */

PDA

View Full Version : help pleash!

muslima4life
04-09-2006, 08:10 PM
Asalamalykum,

Sorry to be a pain but i keep getting e mails to my hotmaila count everytime i receive a message n i dont like it!:heated: i tried changing settings but nothing hmm jus wondering if u know how i can fix it...im new here see:)
shujran jazeelan
Allah hafidkom

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
04-09-2006, 08:12 PM
change ur email address or u cud move houses (i dont kno how that wud help BUT JUS DO IT!!! ;D ;D ;D)

muslima4life
04-09-2006, 08:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid
change ur email address or u cud move houses (i dont kno how that wud help BUT JUS DO IT!!! ;D ;D ;D)

move houses:unhappy: no i like my home, do i really need to change my e mail? isn't there any other way does urs do that?:-\

IbnAbdulHakim
04-09-2006, 08:16 PM
there most prob is, i say filter out the email address you recieve these "spams" from... lol that shud help :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Z
04-09-2006, 08:16 PM
Salaam.

If it's messages from this board, you can change that.

Click the User CP link in the navbar above, down the left click on Edit Options, and then under the heading 'Messaging & Notification', untick/tick boxes that best suit you.

Snowflake
04-09-2006, 08:17 PM
You can email MSN support and they'll tell you how to change your settings ( I think).

muslima4life
04-09-2006, 08:18 PM
there most prob is, i say filter out the email address you recieve these "spams" from... lol that shud help :)
ohhh:clever:
u mean like umm make them junk ye, tahst a great idea! shukraaaan!!:)

extinction
04-09-2006, 08:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslima4life
move houses:unhappy: no i like my home, do i really need to change my e mail? isn't there any other way does urs do that?:-\
yeah change your hotmail settings so that all messages from here go to your junk mail...and if you have windows live one click and they are all gone....

muslima4life
04-09-2006, 08:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hafizmo
yeah change your hotmail settings so that all messages from here go to your junk mail...and if you have windows live one click and they are all gone....
AWW shukran all , i think i got it lol just about thankyou again u all ever so kind and helpful
allah hafid:) kom

extinction
04-09-2006, 08:29 PM
AWW shukran all , i think i got it lol just about thankyou again u all ever so kind and helpful
allah hafid:) kom
afwan

muslima4life
04-09-2006, 08:42 PM
ooo its not working ive chnaged the settings so i untickif i dont wnat summing right? and even if i put it in junk it fills ma junk box oo im gunna cry!!

Muezzin
04-09-2006, 08:44 PM
ooo its not working ive chnaged the settings so i untickif i dont wnat summing right? and even if i put it in junk it fills ma junk box oo im gunna cry!!
You can set your junk box so that it deletes messages automatically. Check it out on the Hotmail site, I can't remember the exact procedure.

IbnAbdulHakim
04-09-2006, 08:45 PM
get sum tissue, and sis jus

"Click on Control Panel"

"clik on Edit Options"

Untick all boxes!

amirah_87
04-09-2006, 08:47 PM
Hey Sister!!!!!!!!

No Need To Cry......i Don't Think It Matters How Full Your Junk Mail Gets, It's Junk @ The End Of The Day...:):):):):):):):):):)

Wassalaam

afriend
04-09-2006, 08:50 PM
If u hav ethe older version of hotmail, then u cud always upgrade......

To Live mail.......

muslima4life
04-09-2006, 08:50 PM
i have i unticked everything, and i like things to be empty lol im kinda odd i dont like mess be it on the comp or at home, so i prefer to delete all messages lol:)

oh never mind thx for all ur help ppl

muslima4life
04-10-2006, 06:13 PM
hey its still doing it anyone help?

IbnAbdulHakim
04-10-2006, 06:15 PM
hey its still doing it anyone help?
ok the last resort, ok this is what you do!

turn on ur computer, wait for some people to reply to ur post.
Then go to your hotmail and check to see if anyones replied. If you've got tons of spam then get a baseball bat and SMASH THAT COMPUTER IN. Gently dust your hands out of satisfaction and walk out smiling head high and proud :)

or

filter :p

muslima4life
04-10-2006, 06:19 PM
hehe ive tried that before but dad was upset at me soo id ont think i should hehe

IbnAbdulHakim
04-10-2006, 06:22 PM
hehe ive tried that before but dad was upset at me soo id ont think i should hehe

well ask your dad to fix the problem for you. Before you leave him to the task leave a baseball bat leaning nicely against the chair. Come back in half an hour to find smoke rising from the computer ;)

muslima4life
04-10-2006, 06:25 PM
ohh but really how am i going to stop it i cnat stand having a full imbox i hate it! urgh

IbnAbdulHakim
04-10-2006, 06:26 PM
ohh but really how am i going to stop it i cnat stand having a full imbox i hate it! urgh
but its worked for me!! Are you sure you unticked "all" the boxes?

muslima4life
04-10-2006, 06:30 PM
i did im suure i know i usually get things wrong but i have blaaah! oh never mind

IbnAbdulHakim
04-10-2006, 06:31 PM
i did im suure i know i usually get things wrong but i have blaaah! oh never mind
if i was there i cud fix it. Sry all i can say is untick the boxes lol... filter... or u kno change ur email address/move houses/change ur identity you kno

but sry, cant really help :statisfie

muslima4life
04-10-2006, 06:32 PM
aww neva mind thx anyway soz for wasting ur time

IbnAbdulHakim
04-10-2006, 06:34 PM
aww neva mind thx anyway soz for wasting ur time
npz btw ur new here so u may not kno how to giv reps :statisfie

Z
04-10-2006, 06:34 PM
Salaam.

Actually, this should do it.

Go back to your control panel (User CP, Edit Options) and again under the 'Messaging & Notification' header. In the second panel that shows, there's a drop down menu which is headed 'Email Notifications' I think. From the list, choose 'No email notification'.

- Qatada -
04-10-2006, 06:35 PM
:wasalamex

To stop them coming up completely, can be done by looking at the left handside of the screen;

- USER CP

- Edit Options

- Go to the 'Messaging and Notification'

- Default Thread Subscription Mode

- click on the drop down box and select 'Do Not Subscribe'/No email notification.

- Save the settings.

If you still dont understand, please do ask insha Allaah.

wa Allaahu ta'aala a'lam. (and Allaah Almighty knows best.)

:salamext:

al-fateh
my email account is simply fillled with LI board emails!!!

i mean by the 100s

extinction
simply set your inbox settings so that you cant recieve any mails from people who arent on your msn list ..set it so that when other people send you messages it goes to your junk folder...

broth3r Ali
04-10-2006, 06:37 PM
^^^^ hahaha! sound advice bro!! ^^^^

muslima4life
04-10-2006, 06:39 PM
hmm thankyou shukran for all ya help i think ive done it but time will tell hehe

Z
04-10-2006, 06:40 PM
Salaam.

Make this a test. Has it worked?

extinction
04-10-2006, 06:42 PM
wow so much fuss....

muslima4life
04-10-2006, 06:48 PM
i know im sorry
dont worry about it forget it

Halima
04-10-2006, 06:48 PM
hmm thankyou shukran for all ya help i think ive done it but time will tell hehe

Just like what some of the other members have suggested..

you have two ways to work from it.

1) LI e-mail notification distributed to your account

2) The hotmail account itself that secures you from getting unncessary spam.

I am not acquainted with how to prevent spam from getting into your hotmail,

but since you yourself say that its from LI., what you are going to have to do

is turn off completely all of your e-mail notifications and if that still doesnt work, then

something must be wrong.

muslima4life
04-10-2006, 06:49 PM
i'll be off salamz

muslima4life
04-10-2006, 06:50 PM
thx again sorry to be a pain

muslima4life
04-10-2006, 06:58 PM
ok im so so so so sorry but could soem one messgae me for a test?

- Qatada -
04-10-2006, 07:27 PM
ok im so so so so sorry but could soem one messgae me for a test?

Has anyone pm'd you yet sister? And have you noticed any difference?

Please do tell us if its working or not, because your everyones sister in islam, so its everyones duty to help you out insha'Allaah. So please don't feel as if we're ignoring you, or getting angry just because you're asking for help.

extinction
04-10-2006, 07:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah

Has anyone pm'd you yet sister? And have you noticed any difference?

Please do tell us if its working or not, because your everyones sister in islam, so its everyones duty to help you out insha'Allaah. So please don't feel as if we're ignoring you, or getting angry just because you're asking for help.

she left....I was going to pm her but she went?

muslima4life
04-10-2006, 08:36 PM
ooo ok its WORKED YEAAAY!1 HEHE THANKYOU LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS!! and sorry

muslima4life
04-10-2006, 08:37 PM
i think i some how subscride my self for 5 threads im always doing things like thatw ithout realsing duuh!!

extinction
04-10-2006, 08:43 PM
hey your back..welcome

IbnAbdulHakim
04-10-2006, 08:43 PM
ok now can some1 help me stop the spam? seein as it worked for muslima how do i do it?

- Qatada -
04-10-2006, 08:44 PM

Try checking this insha'Allaah:

http://www.islamicboard.com/158251-post6.html

original link:
http://www.islamicboard.com/technica...d-threads.html

If you still need help, please do ask insha'Allaah. jazak Allaah khayr.

muslima4life
04-10-2006, 08:44 PM
thankyou so weres everyone talking to im still trying to navigate myself around here oh n sorry if i was making a fuss

muslima4life
04-10-2006, 08:45 PM
ok now can some1 help me stop the spam? seein as it worked for muslima how do i do it?
umm wlel what i did is iw net onto control pannel an then chose the options thing and then i checked wht ahd subscribed for and made sure tehy said none, something liek that

"..MariAm.."
04-11-2006, 04:36 AM
me also wannna cryyyy :'( :( :(( cuz i m facing the same problem ......yesterday wen i opened my hotmail inbox .........after quite few days ...my inbox was full and it was giving me a warning :( and they were abt 30 mails !!! :( from LI forum :( ....
but i dont mind getting dem loolz :) i mean yeah its irritating .... that i get mail every now and then .......

hidaayah
04-11-2006, 05:28 AM
:sl:
all mine go to the junk-email..so i have no problem..and u can edit subscription from the link rother Fi_saillah told..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!