/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What's Palm Sunday?

north_malaysian
04-10-2006, 02:00 AM
Why people waving palm leaves in churches yesterday (Sunday)?:?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
PrIM3
04-10-2006, 02:26 AM
it is the Triumphal Entry... of when Jesus approached Jerusalem... a week before Jesus was raised from the dead

Matthew 21
The Triumphal Entry

As they approached Jerusalem and came to Bethphage on the Mount of Olives, Jesus sent two disciples, saying to them, "Go to the village ahead of you, and at once you will find a donkey tied there, with her colt by her. Untie them and bring them to me. If anyone says anything to you, tell him that the Lord needs them, and he will send them right away."
This took place to fulfill what was spoken through the prophet:

"Say to the Daughter of Zion,
'See, your king comes to you,
gentle and riding on a donkey,
on a colt, the foal of a donkey.' "

The disciples went and did as Jesus had instructed them. They brought the donkey and the colt, placed their cloaks on them, and Jesus sat on them. A very large crowd spread their cloaks on the road, while others cut branches from the trees and spread them on the road. The crowds that went ahead of him and those that followed shouted,

"Hosanna to the Son of David!"
"Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!"
"Hosanna in the highest!"

When Jesus entered Jerusalem, the whole city was stirred and asked, "Who is this?"

The crowds answered, "This is Jesus, the prophet from Nazareth in Galilee."

E'jaazi
04-10-2006, 03:28 AM

The Prophet from Nazareth in Galilee? Interesting!

north_malaysian
04-10-2006, 04:29 AM
Makes me remembered people singing 'Tala'al Badrul Alaina' ("Oh the White Moon raise over us") welcoming the prophet with dates palm leaves when Prophet Muhammad entering Medina on a white camel.:)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
north_malaysian
04-10-2006, 04:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by blackjubba

The Prophet from Nazareth in Galilee? Interesting!
Yeah, interesting.:happy:

PrIM3
04-10-2006, 11:22 AM
hmmm interesting.... uh... oh yeah... yall are looking for a needle in a hay stack... I've read the verse tons and thousands of times... wonder why they were waving the palm branches in the first place? wonder why He was crucified... hmmm interesting.. oh well this guy named north asked for the meaning of these palm branches in which I gave him some things from the Bible to explain the palm branch thing... well good luck with disproving it... I am still wondering why Jesus asked God for glory... surely God is the only one who as the right to have the glory... ttyl

Muslim Knight
04-14-2006, 11:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by PrIM3
I am still wondering why Jesus asked God for glory... surely God is the only one who as the right to have the glory... ttyl
If Jesus was God, he didn't need to ask God for glory. He (Jesus) would already be glorious even before.

PrIM3
04-14-2006, 01:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Knight
If Jesus was God, he didn't need to ask God for glory. He (Jesus) would already be glorious even before.
right... well God said that He will not give His Glory to another.. and Jesus ask for it ( Jesus must be part of this same God if He even ask for glor )... and no saying that He asked for glory doesn't mean He wasn't God- Jesus is God incarnated in flesh of course Jesus power was limited to what He was able to do if He was out of the flesh... but by no means am I saying He couldn't do all things.. because Jesus chose not to do all things.. He chose to play the game fair. came to earth spoke to people of that time and still is speaking.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.