/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Forum Language

Hashir21
04-10-2006, 02:30 AM
:sl:
How are you dear brothers and sisters? I want to talk about the language in this forum. I am not trying to offend other people, don't take this in a wrong way. :statisfie In this forum, I see some people using shortcuts for writing words, ex: wud, wat, dat etc... I'm not saying that it should never be used, I'm just saying that in a forum you should write in a way that everyone can read it easily and faster. Write with the correct spelling. The word "wat", why not write "what", all you have to do is add an "h", its not a big deal and it doesn't even take more then a second. Use slang type of language when you are chatting with your friends. I'm not forcing you into this, everyone has the right to do whatever he/she pleases. I hope you think about this. Jazakallah
:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
04-10-2006, 02:39 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

*tries to eliminate 'wud' from language* That's going to be hard..

I agree ekhi, and yea its a forum rule not to excessively use text words, so believe me, this type of thing cut down a lot more subhanallah compared to how it used to be before, but I understand where you're coming from, it does get irritating at times when it's excessively used.

Barak allahu feek for the reminder

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

*charisma*
04-10-2006, 02:42 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

oh yea and if its not too much trouble, do you mind changing your display pic, sucks if i have to lower my gaze all the time when brother's have the pic of the opposite gender there in every one of their posts...and its not just you, theres a few other brothers who have the same..barak allahu feek

*hint hint to the admins..make it a forum rule inshallah*

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Skillganon
04-10-2006, 02:48 AM
That's one of the reason people are very bad at reading and writing, spelling, grammar!!!
I won't be suprised of the reason, by the way they write!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hashir21
04-10-2006, 02:52 AM
oh yea and if its not too much trouble, do you mind changing your display pic, sucks if i have to lower my gaze all the time when brother's have the pic of the opposite gender there in every one of their posts...and its not just you, theres a few other brothers who have the same..barak allahu feek
Waow, chill. I didn't mean to get you mad. I would change it, but this is not my account, I'm using my friends account. I'll have to ask him.

*charisma*
04-10-2006, 03:01 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

Waow, chill. I didn't mean to get you mad. I would change it, but this is not my account, I'm using my friends account. I'll have to ask him.
mad?? wow, what made me sound mad in that post?? subhanallah, i am soo not mad, I just dont feel comfortable with a bro having up a pic of a bro and me always having to lower my gaze lol i wanna see the rest of forum too ya know! and i mentioned it wasnt just you, it was other bro's too..soooo

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Hashir21
04-10-2006, 03:12 AM
mad?? wow, what made me sound mad in that post?? subhanallah, i am soo not mad, I just dont feel comfortable with a bro having up a pic of a bro and me always having to lower my gaze lol i wanna see the rest of forum too ya know! and i mentioned it wasnt just you, it was other bro's too..soooo
Little attitude there isn't it :giggling:
and i mentioned it wasnt just you, it was other bro's too..soooo
Yes I know, and I appreciate that, Thank You.

*charisma*
04-10-2006, 03:25 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

Little attitude there isn't it
ok, u know what, im not even gonna reply to that...allah ma'ak

*a sis tries to help and is said to have an attitude subhanallah..*

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Hashir21
04-10-2006, 03:32 AM
I meant that in a good way. lol ;D

HeiGou
04-10-2006, 08:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
oh yea and if its not too much trouble, do you mind changing your display pic, sucks if i have to lower my gaze all the time when brother's have the pic of the opposite gender there in every one of their posts...and its not just you, theres a few other brothers who have the same..
Actually that never occurred to me. May I ask if that applies, as far as you are concerned, to all pictures and reproductions of the male form, or just photos? Because I kind of like my Avatar but I'll change it if it is offensive.

IbnAbdulHakim
04-10-2006, 10:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by HeiGou
Actually that never occurred to me. May I ask if that applies, as far as you are concerned, to all pictures and reproductions of the male form, or just photos? Because I kind of like my Avatar but I'll change it if it is offensive.
your avatars freaky!!! lol whats it supposed to be? Come on heigou i think a knight type of avatar would suit you better then that feeble man :p

afriend
04-10-2006, 10:42 AM

Well...in the long run, it would take much longer to type.......

IbnAbdulHakim
04-10-2006, 10:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram

Well...in the long run, it would take much longer to type.......
but to be honest the other day my sister asked me to use my speedy fingers to type up an essay for her since shes so slow :p, and i started using text typing a LOT it was like reflex!!! LOL and the most embarassing thing is i kept getting some of the words mixed up... i think im going to stick to full english from now on!!

Sister_6038
04-10-2006, 10:44 AM
right ok does it really offend people so much if others shorten the words they write...i mean as long as its decipherable surely that should be ok...personally i have a general preference to write as the words are meant to be...but hey thats me...plus im a fast typer....so it is all tery tery good :D:D

IbnAbdulHakim
04-10-2006, 10:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hatshepsut
...personally i have a general preference to write as the words are meant to be
Cool :thumbs_up :)

...but hey thats me...plus im a fast typer....so it is all tery tery good :D:D
tery tery... YOU LIED, its "meant to be" very very!

Kittygyal
04-10-2006, 10:48 AM
well bro it's much quicker to write it short and also it's up to them and if they can read it am sure everyone else can :p

take care

Sister_6038
04-10-2006, 10:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid
Cool :thumbs_up :)

tery tery... YOU LIED, its "meant to be" very very!
lolol ....hmmmpft it had a purpose...hmpppft :offended: :offended:

Kittygyal
04-10-2006, 10:52 AM
sis don't get offended you clearly said you are a fast typer

same here i am too so forget me spelling mistake and it's good for me :p

take care

Sister_6038
04-10-2006, 10:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamgyal
sis don't get offended you clearly said you are a fast typer

same here i am too so forget me spelling mistake and it's good for me :p

take care
aww thanks sis....no what i meant was that i wrote the word very as tery for a reason...as in the tery tery was very very but in an accent....:D:D...take care lovely sis :D:D

Kittygyal
04-10-2006, 10:55 AM
aww thanks sis....no what i meant was that i wrote the word very as tery for a reason...as in the tery tery was very very but in an accent....:D:D...take care lovely sis :D:D

hehehe ok i know in some ''accents'' they say tery :)

it's all good sis so just chill :happy:

take care

Sister_6038
04-10-2006, 11:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamgyal
hehehe ok i know in some ''accents'' they say tery :)

it's all good sis so just chill :happy:

take care
im chilled and im cool...lolololol sis :D:D:D

HeiGou
04-10-2006, 01:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid
your avatars freaky!!! lol whats it supposed to be? Come on heigou i think a knight type of avatar would suit you better then that feeble man :p
Hey, he ain't feeble! He's just in chains. Or more accurately, he has a tree trunk tied around his neck.

Artist Iran, probably Isfahan
Title Turkoman Prisoner
Date first half 17th century
Media Ink, opaque watercolor, and gold on paper
Dimensions 5 x 2 1/2 in. (12.70 x 6.35 cm)
Credit Line The Edwin Binney, 3rd, Collection of Turkish Art at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art
Inventory # M.85.237.28
Type of Artwork Book/manuscript/album; Page from an Album; Album Painting
Department Ancient and Islamic Art: Islamic
Place Made Iran, probably Isfahan

If you go to the LACMA site and search for Turkoman you get to see the full sized picture.

HeiGou
04-10-2006, 01:15 PM
right ok does it really offend people so much if others shorten the words they write...i mean as long as its decipherable surely that should be ok...personally i have a general preference to write as the words are meant to be...but hey thats me...plus im a fast typer....so it is all tery tery good :D:D
I have a question I have asked before about Urdu but got no answer - do Muslims use Text-type words in other languages? I mean it must be easy to do in Arabic anyway because there are now vowels. But do other Muslim language get written like English does by teenagers?

Sister_6038
04-10-2006, 01:19 PM
I have a question I have asked before about Urdu but got no answer - do Muslims use Text-type words in other languages? I mean it must be easy to do in Arabic anyway because there are now vowels. But do other Muslim language get written like English does by teenagers?
erm well i neither write or read in my native language so wouldnt really be able to help you out on that one...the only time i ever write it is when my friend and i are writing notes to each other in lesson...and thats only really in a way so its spelt how its pronounced....so we understand what we have written....

Hashir21
04-10-2006, 03:23 PM
Thats a really cool avatar they put on my friends account. I'm gonna make my own now. Can anyone tell me how to put that as my avatar?

Kittygyal
04-10-2006, 03:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hashir21
Thats a really cool avatar they put on my friends account. I'm gonna make my own now. Can anyone tell me how to put that as my avatar?

what as your avator?

afriend
04-10-2006, 03:29 PM
There is slang......but that's about it....I'm doubtful that they do write it differently.

Mawaddah
04-10-2006, 04:07 PM
Malays have their own text language......but that's because they use English alphabet anyway :p

But if they use the traditional alphabet "Jawi" I doubt it can be put into a text type form.....and anyway, Malaysians dont use the Jawi alphabet except in Islamic classes anyway....the English alphabet is the one always used.

Everybody
05-24-2012, 07:54 PM
:bump1::bump1:

Jazak Allah khair for sharing :thumbs_up

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.