/* */

PDA

View Full Version : write in quran

nutty
04-10-2006, 02:10 PM
Assalamu alaikum

I am not sure if this the right placet to ask this question but are we allowed to write in the Quran.

I brought a tajweed Quran which has helpped me with my recitation. in the arabic text there is a small nun missing whereas in the transaliteration the nun is included and I was wondering if I could write it in. There problem id that I need to keep checking the transliteration to make sure that I haven't missed the nun out of any letter.

Jazakallah kahir

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Serene
04-26-2006, 10:45 AM
Asslamu Alikum,

I hope this finds you in good health inshaa Allah. I have just seen your question now, and here is what I can tell you:

As for the nun, you are refering to, it is mostly an inflectional suffix refering, such as an"ing" by the end of verbs to indicate a gerund or continuity of the verb. So the "nun" is not already written , nor is it a part of the word.

So, no need to worry, and in time inshaa Allah, you will get used to these matters and you will be capable of reading smoothly insh Allah.

May Allah help you

nutty
04-29-2006, 02:13 PM
Assalamun Alaikum

Regarding the nun - I have checked several other Quran and the nun is written in them plus I have Qariplus and the reciter recites the nun and Plus it is written in the transliteration. does this mean that you do not have to recite the nun and it does not change the meaning of the word. why put it in the transliteration if you are not suppose to recite it and why have the other Quran got it. Because the other Qurans have the nun in I have written in my Quran, I hope that is okey as I didn't know why they left the nun out.

Jazak-allah khair

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.