/* */

PDA

View Full Version : South Park-Cartoon Wars

knuckles
04-10-2006, 04:41 PM
The town panics when Family Guy shows an episode with the Prophet Muhammad as a character, though he appears only in a brief cutaway drinking tea; leading several townspeople to hide in the Community Center. The episode winds up being censored, but it is revealed that a second half of the two-parter, without censors of Muhammad, will be shown. Kyle, who likes the show, finds no problem and thinks it's wrong to censor Family Guy; shockingly, Cartman actually finds it to be offensive and declares it's wrong to do this. Kyle thinks he is faking, but when Cartman gives an impassioned speech about keeping people from getting hurt, Kyle is guilted and, after a terrible dream where he and his little brother Ike are killed, agrees to go with Cartman to get the episode pulled.

The Griffin Family portrayed in the episodeThe people in South Park, however, decide to bury their heads in the sand, as a way of showing Islamists they don't want to insult them; on the way to Hollywood, however, Cartman suddenly reveals something shocking---he simply wants Family Guy taken off the air, and wants to use fear to destroy free speech. Cartman reveals that people always assume he loves Family Guy, but he finds it stupid, as it uses jokes without having a point to them (see Matt Stone and Trey Parker's opinions on Family Guy.). Kyle and Cartman then begin a Big Wheel race to get to Hollywood first, to decide the fate of the show.

People literally bury their heads in sand; meanwhile, Kyle loses his Big Wheel as a result of Cartman throwing various objects at him (the Big Wheel also explodes), and yells profanity as a result of not being able get to Los Angeles. President Bush meets with the FOX executives, who say that something secret about the Family Guy writers must be revealed.

At this point, it is suddenly revealed this is a two-part South Park and the conclusion will be explained in the next episode. According to the ending and the "Next Week On South Park" segment, President Bush and Cartman will learn a horrible secret about the Family Guy writers that supposedly "explains everything", while the entire nation buries its head in sand. The Next Week On South Park segment hinted that Cartman and Kyle were finally going to have a fight, at last venting years of hatred against each other.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muezzin
04-10-2006, 05:28 PM
Nothing can beat the deepness of Warner Brothers cartoons.

'I tawt I saw a puddy-cat... I DID I DID'

knuckles
04-10-2006, 05:37 PM
I saw this episode and thought it was great. I almost died laughing when they decided to bury their heads in sand. By the way South Park showed an episode with Mohammed when all the dieties (Mohammed-Muslim, Jesus-Christian, Moses-Jews, Christna-Hindu, Budha-Buhdist, and John Smith-Mormons) had to fight the magician David Blaine.

Muezzin
04-10-2006, 05:39 PM
That's nice.

I don't watch South Park. They may or may not know they are stepping on toes, but I doubt they care - in fact, if they do know, I wouldn't be surprised if ruffling feathers was their aim, based upon what I've heard about South Park.

That said, Family Guy and Futurama are hilarious.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
blunderbus
04-10-2006, 06:03 PM
According to South Park the only people who will go to Heaven are the Mormons.

knuckles
04-10-2006, 06:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by blunderbus
According to South Park the only people who will go to Heaven are the Mormons.
That episode was priceless. I give them credit for being equal oppurtunity offenders. I think what they try to say is we need to be able to laugh at ourselves. They've made fun of everybody from Chritians to Jews to Muslims to Black people to White people to Hispanic people. All in all it's a great show. I do have one question though. If they show Mohammed on Wednesday (They promised to do it) would the muslims here be offended?

afriend
04-10-2006, 06:25 PM
If they show Mohammed on Wednesday (They promised to do it) would the muslims here be offended?
Urm.....If they are offensive there will be another uproar.....

We aren't supposed to have pictures of Rasoolallah(SAW).

What part of that will u not understand?

It's our belief, and MORALLY you must respect it.

blunderbus
04-10-2006, 06:28 PM
"It's our belief, and MORALLY you must respect it."

Are you bound by morality to respect the beliefs of others? Or is it a one-way street?

afriend
04-10-2006, 06:30 PM
Are you bound by morality to respect the beliefs of others? Or is it a one-way street?
Urm....I don't know why you are getting the feeling that we don't...

We have no right to insult another's religion etc.

Plz don't classify us as that.....

blunderbus
04-10-2006, 06:35 PM
"Urm....I don't know why you are getting the feeling that we don't..."

Do you respect the beliefs of ex-Muslims who have converted to another religion?

Cheb
04-10-2006, 06:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by blunderbus
"Urm....I don't know why you are getting the feeling that we don't..."

Do you respect the beliefs of ex-Muslims who have converted to another religion?
Actually if you are going to give a parallel you should ask "Do agree/respect (with) the opinion of those who make fun of Buddah?"

Cheb
04-11-2006, 08:13 PM
Not sure if this is Ok but this is the part knuckles was talking about in his first post. The mods can take it off if they feel it is inappropriate. I think if we are going to criticize something, we might as well see what it is.

[Link Removed]

PS: It is censored when it counts.

afriend
04-11-2006, 08:35 PM
U know what I don't care....

If that's what they want then that's their problem, a war between Allah and them.....let them be and the hell to them.

Arch_warrior
04-11-2006, 08:36 PM
Ex muslims????? No such thing a muslim is some one who believs in allah and followes the rules of allah and acts on the rules of allah No muslim with pure heart would even think of converting to another faith, so if an ex muslim did convert , it was due to the fact they was not practicing muslim which made them a typical person with a muslim name so if they did convert it does not suggest their previous faith was islam because they where unpracticing to begin with so which leads me to conclude there is no such thing as Ex muslim!

------
04-12-2006, 07:17 PM
Then why should anyone respect your beliefs?
Because its the true one.

Peace :peace:

minaz
04-12-2006, 09:22 PM
If a person wants to leave Islam then that's upto them, Islam doesn't teach hatred against other religions or other ppl's beliefs.
Surah 109 "Kafiroon" from the Qu'ran:
“O disbelievers!”
Neither do I worship what you worship.
Nor do you worship Whom I worship.
And neither will I ever worship what you worship.
Nor will you worship Whom I worship.
For you is your religion, and for me is mine.

aamirsaab
04-12-2006, 09:24 PM
:sl:
format_quote Originally Posted by Arch_warrior
Are you serious ;D
Deadly.

I agree with minaz's post.

Sister_6038
04-12-2006, 09:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by minaz
If a person wants to leave Islam then that's upto them, Islam doesn't teach hatred against other religions or other ppl's beliefs.
Surah 109 "Kafiroon" from the Qu'ran:
“O disbelievers!”
Neither do I worship what you worship.
Nor do you worship Whom I worship.
And neither will I ever worship what you worship.
Nor will you worship Whom I worship.
For you is your religion, and for me is mine.
*round of applause for bro minaz*...may Allah keep you in the highest of imaan bro

Genius
04-12-2006, 09:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by knuckles
"Hand over the Jew Gold, Kyle!"
Every jew carries a fake bag of jew gold incase they ever get robbed, i learnt that from South Park.

I think South Park is probably one of the best comedies ever made.

AND PLEASE DON'T GO OFF TOPIC. THIS IS ABOUT SOUTH PARK.

minaz
04-12-2006, 10:01 PM
Yeh, South Park is funny, favourite episodes must be form the last series;
Passion of the Jew and the Special Olympics!

Muhammad
04-12-2006, 11:07 PM
Greetings,

That episode was priceless. I give them credit for being equal oppurtunity offenders. I think what they try to say is we need to be able to laugh at ourselves. They've made fun of everybody from Chritians to Jews to Muslims to Black people to White people to Hispanic people. All in all it's a great show. I do have one question though. If they show Mohammed on Wednesday (They promised to do it) would the muslims here be offended?
Portraying the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) in any form like that of a cartoon is offensive to Muslims. While some religions do not mind certain figures or ideas being ridiculed, Muslims will defend the honour and sacredness of their religious beliefs and will hope that people understand when they have crossed the line just to make people laugh.

There have already preceded many discussions on why it is unacceptable to portray Muhammad (peace be upon him) in cartoons, so there is no need to start another one here, and below I have listed three that might be relevant - there are likely to be many more:

http://www.islamicboard.com/world-af...ensorship.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/world-af...r-opinion.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/world-af...t-denmark.html

Peace.

Lush
04-13-2006, 12:05 AM
"Wir mussen die Jueden ausraten! Wir mussen die Jueden ausraten!"

Ahhh, I love Southpark.

The funniest thing is, in the city where I grew up, our most prestigious shopping center is called South Park. Any time I visit it with my college friends, they break into hysterics the second I mention "going over to South Park to look for a pair of jeans on sale." Of course, recitation of the TV song follows... ;D ;D ;D

Muezzin
04-13-2006, 12:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lina

Actually it's:

'I tawt I tawt (twice) I saw a puddy-cat... I DID I DID'

Your welcome.

:w:
Actually it's:

'You're welcome'

Apology accepted :p

On-topic, I think this imagery of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) will offend people for the reasons set out by Muhammad (the moderator, that is) above.

knuckles
04-13-2006, 01:27 PM
It was a weak episode. They didn't show Muhammed by the way. It had it's parts. Al-Zahiwri's reply to it was funny.

mortazaB
04-13-2006, 03:19 PM
Can you tell me what Season and Episode number this was I want to download this.

knuckles
04-13-2006, 04:15 PM
Season 10 episodes 3 and 4

Wahid
04-20-2006, 02:06 AM
haha(to pple anticipating it) it was blocked, koodos to them

KAding
04-21-2006, 09:29 AM
South Park Executive Producer Reveals That Comedy Central Censored the Showing of Mohammed out of Fear, not “Religious Tolerance.”

Thursday, April 13, 2006.

On Wednesday night, the cable network Comedy Central showed a censored episode of the animated cartoon, South Park, refusing to allow a brief depiction of the prophet Mohammed. The battles between the network and the producers and creators of South Park over the inclusion of Mohammed raged until late Tuesday night, less than 24 hours before the show aired Wednesday at 10pm ET.

Interview With Producer Reveals Reason for Censorship was "Fear"

In an interview Thursday evening, South Park Executive Producer Anne Garefino revealed to me that the show was faced with two options: deliver the episode as written and animated with Mohammed shown and then allow Comedy Central to censor it, or edit out the disputed scene and write their own language explaining why Mohammed was not being shown and whose decision it was. “We wanted everyone to understand how strongly we felt about this,” said Garefino. Although the decision to omit Mohammed was not theirs, they wanted the language of the censorship disclosure to be their own.

Along with South Park creators Matt Stone and Trey Parker (who are also Executive Producers of the show), Garefino was heavily involved in the negotiations with Comedy Central. She made clear that the reason for Comedy Central’s decision was “fear”: “We were happy that they didn’t try to claim that it was because of religious tolerance.” She thought that South Park’s arguments and influence might have had something to do with the candor of Comedy Central executives on this point.

On Thursday, to justify its decision not to broadcast a depiction of Mohammed, Comedy Central released a brief public statement that hinted at violence, but gave no explicit reason for its action:

"In light of recent world events, we feel we made the right decision."

When asked whether Comedy Central was responding to any specific threats of violence if it showed Mohammed, Garefino replied, “Not that I know of.”

Censoring a Cartoon

The censored episode was Part II of a story begun the week earlier called "Cartoon Wars." In a complicated “play within a play” scenario, the town of South Park, Colorado, becomes frightened because the Fox Network is supposedly going to show Mohammed in its Family Guy cartoon. To reduce the threat of terrorist violence, the people of South Park decide to truck in sand and bury their heads in it. Two of the boys of South Park, Kyle and Cartman, go to Los Angeles—Cartman to persuade the President of Fox to censor Family Guy and Kyle to stop him.

(Cartmnan and Kyle head for LA in Part I; click to enlarge)

In their trailer for Part II (shown last week along with Part I), South Park creators Matt Stone and Trey Parker warned that they might be censored by Comedy Central:

"As an entire nation buries its head in sand: 'The idea has swept the nation, but where we will find enough sand for everyone?' . . . Will television executives fight for free speech or will Comedy Central puss out?"

In Part II shown on Wednesday, Kyle and Cartman rehearse at least some of the arguments that the principals for both sides actually used in their censorship battle.

Kyle lectures the head of FOX about the importance of free speech:

"You can't do what he wants just because he's the one threatening you with violence. . . .

Yes, people can get hurt. That's how terrorism works. But if you give in to that, Doug, you're allowing terrorism to work. . . .

Do the right thing, Mr. President. . . .

If you don't show Mohammed, then you've made a distinction between what is OK to make fun of and what isn't. Either it's all OK or none of it is. Do the right thing."

(Cartman threatens the President of Fox; click to enlarge)

In the episode, the President of Fox allows the depiction of Mohammed.

But instead of showing Mohammed in the South Park episode, two sets of titles appeared on a black screen. The first read:

"In this shot, Mohammed hands a football helmet to Family Guy."

The second read:

"Comedy Central has refused to broadcast an image of Mohammed on their network."

(click to enlarge)

The uncensored depiction of Mohammed is described in the episode by an animated President Bush as not being in itself derogatory: “Hey, that wasn't bad at all. They just showed Mohammed standing there, looking normal."

In the episode, Al Qaeda then retaliates by broadcasting its own cartoon showing Americans, President Bush, and Jesus defecating on each other and the American flag.

Defenders of Comedy Central argue that it regularly allows South Park and other shows to “push the envelope,” with far more lax controls than almost any other cable network.

On the other hand, critics of the network have pointed out that showing “Mohammed standing there, looking normal” is not allowed, while showing Jesus defecating on President Bush and the American flag is permitted.

Garefino also confirmed that a short video circulating on the internet, which purports to be the excised South Park scene with Mohammed, is a forgery, though she revealed that a scene with Mohammed was animated and does exist. Garefino reported that she still hopes that the original, uncensored episode of South Park will be shown in the near future.

Although other sources with knowledge of Comedy Central’s side of the dispute were interviewed for this story, any comments made were off the record.
The episode was still pretty good though. They made a complete fool out of anyone giving in to the threats of violence :).

MinAhlilHadeeth
04-24-2006, 09:08 AM
It is truly sad that some Muslims in this forum watch rubbish like South Park, and actually think it is funny. I don't see where Cartman is going to get you on Yawm Al Qiyamah. May Allah guide us all, ameen.

MinAhlilHadeeth
04-24-2006, 09:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
That's nice.

I don't watch South Park. They may or may not know they are stepping on toes, but I doubt they care - in fact, if they do know, I wouldn't be surprised if ruffling feathers was their aim, based upon what I've heard about South Park.

That said, Family Guy and Futurama are hilarious.
Well I guess Futurama is a step up from South Park, i'm glad someone doesn't watch that rubbish.

Genius
04-25-2006, 09:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~Mu'MiNaH~
It is truly sad that some Muslims in this forum watch rubbish like South Park, and actually think it is funny. I don't see where Cartman is going to get you on Yawm Al Qiyamah. May Allah guide us all, ameen.
where will anything get us on the day of qiyamah. It's comedy and entertainment that's all.

9. Beef will not be tolerated in any forum. Differences in opinion are expected, but please debate respectfully. (Beef are comments made for the purpose of insulting somebody else with negative intent, looking for a negative reaction, or blatantly insulting somebody)

Muezzin
04-25-2006, 09:30 PM
Note to all members: Let's not personally attack each other. This is a general notice to all members on this thread.

And plus, don't make me use my Mod Saber. ;)

Also, one would not use any holy book as 'evidence' in a criminal proceeding. What relevance whether or not such texts are hearsay has on a thread about South Park are beyond me.

MinAhlilHadeeth
04-26-2006, 09:31 AM
Now, why did I expect this? Ok let's wait & see, just don't say I didn't warn you.

HeiGou
04-26-2006, 09:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Genius
You should keep your view to your stupid self, where will anything get us on the day of qiyamah. It's comedy and entertainment that's all.
Hey. First of all you shouldn't be rude to your Sister like that. Second, you should be that rude to anyone. Third, just because it claims to be comedy and entertainment doesn't mean it isn't vile. Which it is. There comes a point where claiming to be funny does not excuse everything.

I am not even a Muslims and I think that.

MinAhlilHadeeth
04-26-2006, 09:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by HeiGou
Hey. First of all you shouldn't be rude to your Sister like that. Second, you should be that rude to anyone. Third, just because it claims to be comedy and entertainment doesn't mean it isn't vile. Which it is. There comes a point where claiming to be funny does not excuse everything.

I am not even a Muslims and I think that.
Subhan-Allah. That makes me both smile and feel sad, don't know why.

Muezzin
04-26-2006, 11:45 AM
Now that is out of the way, please continue with the topic without personal attacks, people.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
04-26-2006, 12:59 PM

Thread Re-Opened. Really sad how Off-Topic this thread was. Had to delete 60+ posts because of their irrelevance. Please remain on topic and please refrain from insulting each other.

Ps- Warning Time.

fakhan
04-26-2006, 04:15 PM

I used to watch South Park but now I don't like it because this show uses coarse language and rude behaviour which is inappropriate and it will not be tolerated.

Jazak'Allah Khair.

j4763
04-26-2006, 04:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by fakhan

I used to watch South Park but now I don't like it because this show uses coarse language and rude behaviour which is inappropriate and it will not be tolerated.

Jazak'Allah Khair.
It always did, from the very start didn't it?

knuckles
04-26-2006, 05:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by j4763
It always did, from the very start didn't it?
Yes it has

Nasir_bhai
04-26-2006, 05:21 PM
salaam

i havent really seen that program but i have heard bad comments about it. programs like
1.simpsons
2.futurama
3.family guy and so on....well i just dont watch them.

twelver
04-26-2006, 10:42 PM
I am saddened by people's disrespect for South Park. I love South Park!

MinAhlilHadeeth
04-27-2006, 08:59 AM
HMmm... really? Why?

IbnAbdulHakim
04-27-2006, 09:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by twelver
I am saddened by people's disrespect for South Park. I love South Park!
but southpark is disrespect itself lol :p

Ibn Abi Ahmed
04-27-2006, 01:47 PM

All of these shows go against the ettiqute of a muslim. They promote vulagarity, profanity, disrespect to elders parents etc, and they twist the mind of the Muslim to liking what is haram and hating what is halal. It is better that a muslim doesnt watch these shows, and spends his time doing something more beneficial. After all, these shows waste time, are not beneficial, and promote what is haram in our religion.

MinAhlilHadeeth
04-27-2006, 03:01 PM
Masha-Allah, couldn't have said it better myself akhee. South Park is perhaps one of the most vile things showing on television. May Allah guide the makers of the show and those who watch it, ameen.

Bittersteel
04-27-2006, 03:07 PM
If they show Mohammed on Wednesday (They promised to do it) would the muslims here be offended?
one of the most stupid questions I ever saw in these forums.

KAding
04-27-2006, 03:53 PM
HMmm... really? Why?
Because they are very critical of what is going on in society. It has relevance and is not simply mindless humor. It is first-class comedy exactly because it manages to discuss real political and social issues.

I understand Muslims wouldn't like it. Muslims are slightly obsessed with unity, and South Park is exactly the kind of show that criticizes and bashes everyone and highlights differences of opinion. Even attacking those things that many consider sacred.

MinAhlilHadeeth
04-28-2006, 01:54 PM
Hah! First class comedy? More like vile filth! But if that's what you think, feel free to keep watching. I think Ahmed said it all, and so did HeiGou before it got deleted.

imaad_udeen
04-28-2006, 08:30 PM
South Park is indeed great comedy, good satire. Among the best to be found on television today. I watch every episode and take it for what it is, entertainment with a message.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
04-28-2006, 10:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by imaad_udeen
South Park is indeed great comedy, good satire. Among the best to be found on television today. I watch every episode and take it for what it is, entertainment with a message.

An entertainment that ridicules Allah and his Messenger?:

Surah Tawbah:
64. The hypocrites fear lest a Sûrah (chapter of the Qur'ân) should be revealed about them, showing them what is in their hearts. Say: "(Go ahead and) mock! But certainly Allâh will bring to light all that you fear."

65. If you ask them (about this), they declare: "We were only talking idly and joking." Say: "Was it at Allâh, and His Ayât (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) and His Messenger that you were mocking?"
An entertainment that destroys family values? An entertainment that destroys all Islamic values? What type of an entertainment is this?

Surah Najm:

56. This (Muhammad ) is a warner (Messenger) of the (series of) warners (Messengers) of old .

57. The Day of Resurrection draws near,

58. None besides Allâh can avert it, (or advance it, or delay it).

59. Do you then wonder at this recital (the Qur'ân)?

60. And you laugh at it and weep not,

61. Wasting your (precious) lifetime in pastime and amusements (singing, etc.).

62. So fall you down in prostration to Allâh, and worship Him (Alone).
Al-Anam: 32. And the life of this world is nothing but play and amusement. But far better is the house in the Hereafter for those who are Al­Muttaqûn. Will you not then understand?

NJUSA
04-28-2006, 11:00 PM
Well, not every single action has to count towards one's good deed/bad deed quota. I'm not fond of the Foul Four either, but I do plenty of things that rank neutral on the scale- taking walks, talking to relatives or friends, leafing through cookbooks and the like. That said, I've seen South Park, and they often bring up important issues underneath the snarkiness and profanity.

imaad_udeen
04-29-2006, 02:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Åhmed

An entertainment that ridicules Allah and his Messenger?:
I don't think the Prophet or Allah was ridiculed.

An entertainment that destroys family values? An entertainment that destroys all Islamic values? What type of an entertainment is this?
How does a cartoon destroy anything, much less something abstract like "moral values?"

IbnAbdulHakim
04-29-2006, 01:41 PM
I don't think the Prophet or Allah was ridiculed.

How does a cartoon destroy anything, much less something abstract like "moral values?"

bro u need a serious check, cartoons hav hidden messages left rite n center! take family guy/simpsons/futurama etc, they only teach bad things and confuse the made. So many are just pure non-sensical. They are focused at the early ages therefore slightly contributing to any rubbish values/morals a new generation may have!

we shudnt waste our time wiv such idle matters, it definitly distracts us from Allah swt!

imaad_udeen
04-29-2006, 04:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
Read my post. Constant exposure to something profane will make you profane, albeit overtime. Simple as that. A muslims moral values are defined by what the Prophet Muhammad told 1400 years ago.

Consider this scenario:
A person has a choice of living with someone that curses whenever something bad happens, or someone that says 'Alhamdulilah' in those situations. Tell me what do you think will happen to that person in those two different situations, albeit overtime?

I will make it easy for you. If the person lived witht he profane guy, he will, whether he likes it or not pick up the habit of swearing, and the same rule applies in the other situation, where he will pick up the habit of saying 'Alhamdulilah'.

I'd like to add that there is I think a hadith to that effect saying that you should stay with those that are good in character...If anyone has the references, please feel free to post.
I don't think children should watch these cartoons, but adults can.

Morality is going to be set by your parents and those around you as you grow up. If you have bad parents who let you watch things like this as a little kid, then you may have problems. Otherwise, I don't buy it.

imaad_udeen
04-29-2006, 04:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid
bro u need a serious check, cartoons hav hidden messages left rite n center! take family guy/simpsons/futurama etc, they only teach bad things and confuse the made. So many are just pure non-sensical. They are focused at the early ages therefore slightly contributing to any rubbish values/morals a new generation may have!

we shudnt waste our time wiv such idle matters, it definitly distracts us from Allah swt!
South Park is not focused at children. Neither is Family Guy.

Arch_warrior
04-29-2006, 11:55 PM
any muslim who watches that program must be seriosuly be lacking brain cells , i din't find it funny that the fact god was portrayed as half rabbit half frog looking thing astaqfurallah any muslim who dint even consider that seriously wrong is defently on the kuffar way of thinking , just remember allah is watching you!!!!!!!!

IbnAbdulHakim
04-30-2006, 10:16 AM
South Park is not focused at children. Neither is Family Guy.
pretty much everything they show is against our belief akhee, its fitnah all the way!!

Muezzin
04-30-2006, 02:46 PM
Just because these programmes are animated does not mean they are targeted at children.

That doesn't excuse some of the more objectionable material, but it is something to bear in mind before dropping the 'H Bomb' (HARAAAM!!!!11One) :)

IbnAbdulHakim
04-30-2006, 02:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Just because these programmes are animated does not mean they are targeted at children.

That doesn't excuse some of the more objectionable material, but it is something to bear in mind before dropping the 'H Bomb' (HARAAAM!!!!11One) :)
lol i didnt notice any1 call it haram bro :?

but definitly something i'll promote people to avoid :)

imaad_udeen
05-01-2006, 07:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Arch_warrior
any muslim who watches that program must be seriosuly be lacking brain cells , i din't find it funny that the fact god was portrayed as half rabbit half frog looking thing astaqfurallah any muslim who dint even consider that seriously wrong is defently on the kuffar way of thinking , just remember allah is watching you!!!!!!!!
It is the ridiculousness of the whole thing which makes it funny.

Anyone who takes this too seriously needs to relax a little.

I think God has a sense of humor.

IbnAbdulHakim
05-01-2006, 09:40 PM

^ effects of cartoons!!!!!!!!

imaad_udeen
05-02-2006, 01:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid
^ effects of cartoons!!!!!!!!
You don't know anything about me, so how about not attempting to insult me?

I notice that a lot around here when someone doesn't agree with someone else.

Muezzin
05-02-2006, 08:42 AM
Hey, everyone. If this thread descends into personal insults again (I don't care who starts it), I'll warn the offenders and lock this thing.

Thank you.

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-02-2006, 10:03 AM
imaad_udeen.... you think Allah has a sense of humour? You think Allah would find it funny that he is being portrayed as grotesque beast with a filthy mouth? Akhee... please think about what you just said, coz i think the companions would have cut off your head for saying that!!!

knuckles
05-02-2006, 01:36 PM

I would have to agree. God has made us after his own image right? Since humor brings us so much joy why wouldn't it bring him the same joy?

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-02-2006, 01:46 PM

He does. Allah smiles and even Laughs as per some hadiths of the Prophet.

But not when the joke is about Him or His Prophet? That is no joke. To joke about the Prophet be it only in jest is an act of Disbeleif.

64. The hypocrites fear lest a Sûrah (chapter of the Qur'ân) should be revealed about them, showing them what is in their hearts. Say: "(Go ahead and) mock! But certainly Allâh will bring to light all that you fear."

65. If you ask them (about this), they declare: "We were only talking idly and joking." Say: "Was it at Allâh (ÚÒ æ Ìá), and His Ayât (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) and His Messenger that you were mocking?"

66. Make no excuse; you have disbelieved after you had believed. If We pardon some of you, We will punish others amongst you because they were Mujrimûn (disbelievers, polytheists, sinners, criminals, etc.).

That is the reality. Surah Tawbah, you can look it up yourself. There is no 'relaxing' when the joke is directed towards Allah and his Messenger.

imaad_udeen
05-02-2006, 03:22 PM
imaad_udeen.... you think Allah has a sense of humour? You think Allah would find it funny that he is being portrayed as grotesque beast with a filthy mouth?
I don't know, it all depends on the intentions of those making the cartoon, and I think Allah knows that. I won't speak for Him.

format_quote Originally Posted by Åhmed

He does. Allah smiles and even Laughs as per some hadiths of the Prophet.

But not when the joke is about Him or His Prophet? That is no joke. To joke about the Prophet be it only in jest is an act of Disbeleif.

65. If you ask them (about this), they declare: "We were only talking idly and joking." Say: "Was it at Allâh (ÚÒ æ Ìá), and His Ayât (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) and His Messenger that you were mocking?"

66. Make no excuse; you have disbelieved after you had believed. If We pardon some of you, We will punish others amongst you because they were Mujrimûn (disbelievers, polytheists, sinners, criminals, etc.).

That is the reality. Surah Tawbah, you can look it up yourself. There is no 'relaxing' when the joke is directed towards Allah and his Messenger.

The only way to know for sure if it was intended to mock Allah or not is to know what is in the heart of the people who created it. I don't know their true intention and it is not my position to condemn them. Isn't that Allah's decision?

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-02-2006, 09:02 PM
I don't know, it all depends on the intentions of those making the cartoon, and I think Allah knows that. I won't speak for Him.

The only way to know for sure if it was intended to mock Allah or not is to know what is in the heart of the people who created it. I don't know their true intention and it is not my position to condemn them. Isn't that Allah's decision?

I think it is quite evident in the way the shows are. You can watch and get a pretty accurate view what the person means by the way the cartoon is made.

If he is using Allah in way that makes a person laugh at it and make it a matter of joke then its sad if someone thinks of what the creator's intention was. If he had a good intention then he would not have portrayed Allah or His Messenger in a degradatory manner, not to mention, make it a laughing stock among all the cartoon's viewers.

I quote you verses of the Quran and you are coming to me telling me of the persons intention. The verses dont say look at the intention, they are explicit that even "talking idly and joking" is Kufr. Imagine what is supporting such stuff. A person's actions reflect what is in his heart.

knuckles
05-02-2006, 09:09 PM
They never showed Allah or Muhammed in a derogatory way. The only episode Muhammed was in was an episode in which he helped defeat David Blaine

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-02-2006, 09:10 PM
They never showed Allah or Muhammed in a derogatory way. The only episode Muhammed was in was an episode in which he helped defeat David Blaine

Thats degradatory, insulting, and downright pathetic.

j4763
05-02-2006, 09:19 PM
I'd have to agree. If they showed him doing some unlawful act then yes its an insult. But they didn't!

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-02-2006, 10:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by j4763
I'd have to agree. If they showed him doing some unlawful act then yes its an insult. But they didn't!

1) Depicting him is insulting.

2) Using him to help some story line is insulting.

3) Using him to 'defeat' some pathetic nobody is insulting.

4) Making him a laughing stock is inulting.

5) And the list goes on.

Genius
05-02-2006, 10:19 PM
imaad_udeen.... you think Allah has a sense of humour? You think Allah would find it funny that he is being portrayed as grotesque beast with a filthy mouth? Akhee... please think about what you just said, coz i think the companions would have cut off your head for saying that!!!
With all due respect, you are not Allah's messenger, what a non muslim says about Allah and his messenger is between them and Allah.

Aslong as they aren't harming anybody you should not be concerened.

Far7an
05-02-2006, 10:36 PM

'Abdullah ibn 'Utba ibn Mas'ud reported that he heard 'Umar ibn al-Khattab say, "Some people were dealt with by the revelation in the time of the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace. The revelation has ceased. Now we deal with you according to what is clear to us from your actions. If anyone shows us good, we trust him and honour him. We know nothing of his inward. Allah will call him to reckoning in respect of his inward. If anyone shows us evil, we do not trust him and do not believe him, even if he says that his inward is good."
[al-Bukhari]

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-03-2006, 08:45 AM
With all due respect, you are not Allah's messenger, what a non muslim says about Allah and his messenger is between them and Allah.

Aslong as they aren't harming anybody you should not be concerened.
Yet, if he insulted your mother you would jump up to her rescue.... would it just be between them and your mother in that case? Why not issue this concern when Allah your Lord and Creator is being insulted? And those who say that they did not insult Allah are wrong, we worship the same God as the Jews and the Christians.
I am concerned brother. If they insult my God and my messenger, it is worse than if they killed me. You should feel this pain and anger too.
And jazak-Allah for the respectful reply.

knuckles
05-03-2006, 02:51 PM
Yet, if he insulted your mother you would jump up to her rescue.... would it just be between them and your mother in that case? Why not issue this concern when Allah your Lord and Creator is being insulted? And those who say that they did not insult Allah are wrong, we worship the same God as the Jews and the Christians.
I am concerned brother. If they insult my God and my messenger, it is worse than if they killed me. You should feel this pain and anger too.
And jazak-Allah for the respectful reply.
Well they did. Are you still breathing? I guess it's not like killing you now is it.

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-03-2006, 03:17 PM
I didn't see it was killing me, i said it would be even worse. You ever loved someone that much?:rollseyes

Genius
05-03-2006, 04:57 PM
How exactly did they mock the messenger or insult him, the character portrayed had nothing in common with the Prophet except his name. All Gods/people from major religions were there. This is unlike the Denmark case where there was a deliberate smear campaign.

I think that its very shameful that people get worked up over unintentional portrayal in South Park whilst whilst do nothing about serious issues like American opression in the Muslim world, poverty, dictatorial regimes.

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-04-2006, 08:47 AM
How exactly did they mock the messenger or insult him, the character portrayed had nothing in common with the Prophet except his name. All Gods/people from major religions were there. This is unlike the Denmark case where there was a deliberate smear campaign.

I think that its very shameful that people get worked up over unintentional portrayal in South Park whilst whilst do nothing about serious issues like American opression in the Muslim world, poverty, dictatorial regimes.
They mocked both Allah and His Messenger. We've already stated before how. And no offence bro, but last time we were discussing jihad in another thread you called it 'terrorist talk'. So i guess we're not allowed to get worked up about anything. Are we not allowed to defend our deen? If I slapped you, and then said 'oh don't get worked up, i slapped everyone else!" would that justify it? I think the problem with the ummah today is that we have the lost the love of Nabiyullah (SAW) and Allah in our hearts, except that we utter it with our tongue. If you see something wrong akhee, you should condemn it if not stop it all together.

Wahid
05-04-2006, 09:43 AM
They mocked both Allah and His Messenger. We've already stated before how. And no offence bro, but last time we were discussing jihad in another thread you called it 'terrorist talk'. So i guess we're not allowed to get worked up about anything. Are we not allowed to defend our deen? If I slapped you, and then said 'oh don't get worked up, i slapped everyone else!" would that justify it? I think the problem with the ummah today is that we have the lost the love of Nabiyullah (SAW) and Allah in our hearts, except that we utter it with our tongue. If you see something wrong akhee, you should condemn it if not stop it all together.
salam
very well said sis..

IbnAbdulHakim
05-04-2006, 10:13 AM
[MAD]stop it alltogether i say[/MAD]!!!!

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-05-2006, 08:28 AM
I don't know if we are in a position to stop it.:?

searchingsoul
05-17-2006, 08:37 AM
I don't know if we are in a position to stop it.:?
Although what they've done is disrespectful you are probably right in questioning if you're in a position to stop it. Such acts have to be tolerated in free societies. I guess we have to take the good with the bad.

searchingsoul
05-17-2006, 08:39 AM

I think it's easier to attack a cartoon than it is to research world issues. Of course this is true for people from ALL walks of life!:giggling:

Muezzin
05-17-2006, 09:09 AM
Wise words, Searchingsoul. Wise words.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.