/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why is the U.S. determined to create mayhem?

DaSangarTalib
04-10-2006, 08:53 PM
The United States is planning to launch another illegal and bloody war against a nation that hasn’t attacked, or even threatened to attack, any other country, not the U.S., not Israel or Europe, not even its neighbors.

Several political analysts believe that the Bush Administration has been readying plans to strike Iran from the very beginning. According to a recent article by former UN weapons inspector Scott Ritter, “President Bush recently re-affirmed his embrace of the principles of pre-emptive war when he signed off on the 2006 version of the National Security Strategy of the United States, which highlights Iran as a threat worthy of confrontation."

Moreover, the recent report by investigative journalist Seymour Hersh on the New Yorker magazine confirmed that the Bush Administration was readying plans for a possible air strike on Iran's nuclear sites. Citing former intelligence officers, Hersh stated that President Bush considers Iran’s President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad as a “new Hitler”, and sees regime change in Tehran as the ultimate goal.

"No matter what Iran would do, I think in the short run some people are afraid the President will want to go - just as he wanted to go on Iraq," Hersh said in an interview with the BBC, adding that Bush felt military action against Iran was something only he could do. "It's messianic," he said.

Over the past year, several U.S. media outlets have been beating the drums of war against Iran. All of them are reiterating the same clichés, that were also used against Iraq prior to the March 2003 U.S.-led invasion. Iran is in violation of the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty. (In fact the U.S. and Israel are the ones who violate such treaties). Iran is the U.S.‘s greatest threat. (Actually the U.S. is posing a very obvious threat to Iran). Iran is seeking nuclear weapons. (An unproven U.S. allegation by the only country that used its nuclear power, and is developing a new-age, life-ending nuclear arsenal). Iran is building biological weapons and wants to spread the H5N1 virus (or malaria, or smallpox, or whatever) all over the United States and its allies (Another unproven allegation). Iran launched a mini satellite with Russian help, which some U.S. warmongers claimed was an evidence of Iran’s pursuit of nuclear weapons. Iran is meddling in Iraq (as if the U.S. is not). The litany goes on.

But why is the U.S. determined to create mayhem? An article on Swans.com by political writer Gilles d'Aymery suggests that the answer to that question is closely related to the status of the U.S. dollar and the growing competitive force. It states that the U.S. is in a state of decline, economically and structurally, and that it must, out of sheer survival, hit at the competition, which has nothing to do with Afghanistan, Iraq, or Iran. Rather it comes directly from Europe and Asia. Higher oil prices, denominated in U.S. dollars, far from being an impediment to the U.S. economy and interests, weaken the competition, and reinforce the comparative advantages of the U.S.

Like Iraq, Iran poses a serious threat to the U.S.‘s oil interests. In 2000, Iraq had decided to switch to denominate its oil sales in euros (pegged to the U.S. dollar of course, but still, a possibility of the beginning of a currency threat to the domination of the U.S. dollar in international trade and financing of U.S. deficits). By March 2003, the U.S. invaded Iraq. By June 2003, Iraqi oil was once again denominated in U.S. dollars.

Anglo-American oil interests have also been shut out of the Iranian market due to the U.S.’s policies against the Iranian regime. Moreover, Iran is working on the formation of an oil bourse (oil exchange) pegged entirely on the euro. This bourse would certainly harm the U.S. dollar supremacy in world trade.

"The Iranians will retaliate, and they have many possibilities in an area where there are many vulnerabilities, from our troop positions to the oil and gas in the region that can be interrupted,” according to retired General Anthony Zinni, the former head of U.S. Central Command.

Some analysts say that huge oil disruptions and price hikes will certainly occur if Iran respond to a U.S. strike by shutting down the Strait of Hormuz, the only sea route through which oil from Kuwait, Iraq, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Qatar, as well as most of United Arab Emirates, can be transported. But those analysts miss an important point. Washington knows that if such retaliation takes place, it is Europe, Japan, and China that will bear the brunt of the disruptions, and the price hikes will be denominated in U.S. dollars.

Although the U.S. imports close to 60% of its oil needs, only 10% comes from the Middle East. The vast majority comes from Canada, Mexico, Venezuela, and Western Africa. The oil disruptions will affect to a much larger extent its major competitors who are far more dependent on Middle East oil & gas. Moreover, they will be forced to keep using the U.S. currency that in turn will be recycled in the U.S.

Iraq’s destruction and its descent into civil war has been carefully designed on a bipartisan basis to secure the U.S.‘s interests. After the invasion, Iraq returned to the U.S. dollar hegemony. Its resources are now controlled by the invaders, and the U.S.‘s main competitors are licking their wounds.

It is quite obvious that the same propaganda campaign, which has been used before the Iraq War, is again working perfectly with Iran. A recent L.A. Times/Bloomberg poll shows that 57% Americans favor military intervention against Iran. Of these same respondents, 53% believe it was not worth going to war against Iraq. Commenting on these findings, former Reagan Treasury Assistant Secretary Paul Craig Roberts said: “One wonders if Americans ever think of the consequences of the rash actions they favor."

Al-Jazeera

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
knuckles
04-10-2006, 09:02 PM
Yeah Iran is real innocent chanting "Death to America" everyday. I mean why should we take that serious?:rollseyes

DaSangarTalib
04-10-2006, 09:04 PM
why should we take America or you serious? :rollseyes

knuckles
04-10-2006, 09:13 PM
What are you in second grade? I know you are but what am I?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
DaSangarTalib
04-10-2006, 09:17 PM
errmm no it was a question similar to yours if that means that im in the second grade it also means you are too and you should know what you are why you asking me?

and America isn't exactly innocent as well

knuckles
04-10-2006, 09:21 PM
You must not know what sarcasm means when I said "why should we take them Seriously"

sar·casm ( P ) Pronunciation Key (särkzm)
n.
A cutting, often ironic remark intended to wound.
A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule.
The use of sarcasm. See Synonyms at wit1

DaSangarTalib
04-10-2006, 09:23 PM
I know very well what sarcasm mean and that was very sarcastic of you I must say

czgibson
04-10-2006, 09:31 PM
Greetings,

Commenting on these findings, former Reagan Treasury Assistant Secretary Paul Craig Roberts said: “One wonders if Americans ever think of the consequences of the rash actions they favor."
Absolutely. Attacking Iran will show everyone that Bush is still determined to make the world a more dangerous place. Every time he's mentioned in the news, every time he opens his mouth, I'm just more and more appalled.

format_quote Originally Posted by knuckles
You must not know what sarcasm means when I said "why should we take them Seriously"

sar·casm ( P ) Pronunciation Key (särkzm)
n.
A cutting, often ironic remark intended to wound.
A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule.
The use of sarcasm. See Synonyms at wit1
By the way, I think you mean irony. I didn't notice any sarcasm in your post.

Peace

Knut Hamsun
04-11-2006, 04:32 AM
I find it funny that people's savage anti-americanism often trumps their willingness to see foreign policy as what it is and will forever be. What is more funny is that the would-be pan-muslims on this forum imagine Ahmadhinnerjacket's intentions to be solely in the anti-usa/Israel camp; with the growing sectarian violence in that area this could end up being hardly the case. Iran almost went to war with the mujihedeen in Afghanistan within 10 years ago. Iran fought a savage 8 or 10 year war with Iraq. Iran's meddling in Syrian affairs with the puppet strings of Hezbollah are not a currently "positive trend". Lebannon has about had enough of it, too. So, America haters, be careful what you wish for, it might come true and bite the ummah in the rear end.
And another thing.... Given what Ahmadinnerjacket has publicly said about his violent wishes for israel, his thumb-nosing at the IAEA, his public banter re: the apocolyptic (sp) re-emergence of the 12 th Imam, Is the world a safer place with Iran having enrichment capability and the concomitant BOMB? I will laugh if anyone in Europe, Pakistan, India, Iraq, Egypt, etc... answers "yes" to that question. You will be letting your hatred of the USA/Israel blind you to the immense danger this possibility poses.

Sis786
04-11-2006, 08:13 AM
Yeah Iran is real innocent chanting "Death to America" everyday. I mean why should we take that serious?:rollseyes
Whats wrong with that, I mean i aint one for violence but when America is attacking all these countries and causing soo much pain and hurt then wat you expect the Muslims to say [S]Way to go America[/S]:?

HeiGou
04-11-2006, 09:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sis786
Whats wrong with that, I mean i aint one for violence but when America is attacking all these countries and causing soo much pain and hurt then wat you expect the Muslims to say [S]Way to go America[/S]:?
Except the Muslims have been chanting death to America for a long long time. Well before American started attacking anyone. Sayyid Qutb went to America on an American scholarship (of course!) in the Fifties and came back chanting death to America. Iran has been doing it for decades. Which comes first - the hatred of some Muslims for the West in general and America in particular, or the American attacks on all of two countries so far?

knuckles
04-11-2006, 01:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,

Absolutely. Attacking Iran will show everyone that Bush is still determined to make the world a more dangerous place. Every time he's mentioned in the news, every time he opens his mouth, I'm just more and more appalled.

By the way, I think you mean irony. I didn't notice any sarcasm in your post.

Peace
A cutting, often ironic remark intended to wound

knuckles
04-11-2006, 01:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sis786
Thank You for getting rid of that A hole Saddam?

czgibson
04-11-2006, 11:05 PM
Greetings,
A cutting, often ironic remark intended to wound
Right - sarcasm is often ironic, but irony doesn't always have to be sarcastic. Your comment was ironic, not sarcastic - unless, of course, you intended it to be hurtful, which is less than I would expect from you judging by your generally sensible contributions to the forum...

Peace

Anyway, back on topic >>>>

Khattab
04-11-2006, 11:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by HeiGou
Which comes first - the hatred of some Muslims for the West in general and America in particular, or the American attacks on all of two countries so far?
And what about the West's hatred for Islam? Go and tell any Iraqi or Afghan child that the US bombing them is for their benefit and see what they say to you especially when many have lost mothers, fathers, brothers etc. Its funny then how some ask "Why dont they like us?".

blackielawless
04-11-2006, 11:29 PM
blackielawless is a member who has been banned previously

HeiGou
04-12-2006, 09:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khattab
And what about the West's hatred for Islam? Go and tell any Iraqi or Afghan child that the US bombing them is for their benefit and see what they say to you especially when many have lost mothers, fathers, brothers etc. Its funny then how some ask "Why dont they like us?".
I have never ask why some Muslims do not like Christians. I can read the Quran as well as the next person after all. The West does not hate Islam and it certainly does not hate Muslims. You can ask the children of those killied by the Taliban and by Saddam. What sort of answer do you think you will get then? The fact remains that the Americans are not hated in Afghanistan - no one has risen against them. And while the Americans are unpopular among Sunni Arabs in Iraq, they are supported by the Kurds and if the Shia do not like them much, they do not want Saddam back either. So it is more complicated than your post suggests.

knuckles
04-12-2006, 01:16 PM
I think someone deserves a beer. I'm buying.

Khattab
04-12-2006, 04:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by HeiGou
The West does not hate Islam and it certainly does not hate Muslims. You can ask the children of those killied by the Taliban and by Saddam. What sort of answer do you think you will get then? The fact remains that the Americans are not hated in Afghanistan - no one has risen against them. And while the Americans are unpopular among Sunni Arabs in Iraq, they are supported by the Kurds and if the Shia do not like them much, they do not want Saddam back either. So it is more complicated than your post suggests.
The reason some muslims do not like America is because of their invasions into muslim lands, add to to that the USA's forgein policy. This is why some muslims dont like America, and this why they feel discriminated and hated against. So dont say the West doesnt have hate for Islam, because the same way some muslims dont like the USA government, some in the West have hate for muslims. It works two ways, dont try and paint the West as 'angels' as is so often the case.

Joe98
04-13-2006, 12:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by G-HaD-Ta-Raaza
.....or even threatened to attack, any other country.....

I suppose "Israel should be wiped off the face of the map" and "death to America" were problems in translation?

Joe

-

extinction
04-13-2006, 12:46 AM
grrr cant wait till bush goes...

Knut Hamsun
04-13-2006, 02:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by hafizmo
AT least he has a spine; mistaken or not, he isn't a coward like the Democrats.

czgibson
04-13-2006, 05:12 PM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by hafizmo
I wholeheartedly agree. The man's been an absolute disaster from start to finish. When was the last time one man and his supporters made the world so much more dangerous?

Peace

knuckles
04-13-2006, 07:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,

I wholeheartedly agree. The man's been an absolute disaster from start to finish. When was the last time one man and his supporters made the world so much more dangerous?

Peace
Noth that I think Bush has made the world any more dangerous than it already was but I can name some. Hitler, Lenin, Stalin, Pol Pot, Chairman Mao, Saddam, Ghadaffi, Arafat, to name a few.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.