/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How I came to Islam

Umm Salama
04-10-2006, 09:29 PM
As Salam Alaikum Wr Wb

My Story how I became a muslim alhumdolillah.
NOTE VERY LONG

The search started when I was 8 years old. I didnt really have a religion but I had a very dificult life and I needed to feel that there would be someone watching out for me and someone to protect me.

My family life was very difficult to say the least. I was abussed in every way posible and we were very poor. I sometimes had to wear my older bothers clothing and even hand me downs from my elderly babysitter. My shoes were always with holes and when I did get a new pair well it was the cheapest kind posible. But this gave me caracture and made me greatful for what I do have in life. As I got older my mom divorced her sick abussing husband but to only bring sick men of all sorts into her home. Unfortunatly not considering her children who live with her. Fun to her was getting drunk gambiling and going out all the time not teaching or taking care of her 4 children.

I needed love of any kind but the one that I wanted the most was the love of Allah. Subhnallah. I went to church just because thats all I knew I was 8 years old but I had grown up very fast, I had too.
I remember that I use to walk with the priest of the church that I atteneded and I use to ask him all kinds of questions. weather he can answer them or not is beyond me as I forget subhnallah but one always stayed in my mind. I asked him how I can become a christian and he told me it was better for me to just stay the way I was. As It would take to long to become a christian. After that I flet left out at the church. When all the people would walk up and eat the yucky stal bread I had to remain seated as I was not ALLOWED to eat this. So my friend would save it in her mouth and break it in 1/2 so we can share. Silly hu.

Gradully I stoped going to church. I could never find the answers or the love I was looking for. I moved to another part of town And joind High school, but in the back of my mind I was still missing something. During my first year of high school a roumer pasted that I was a rasist which I wasnt but none the less every raise that attened the school wanted a piece of me. :rant:
One of the groups were lebnani muslim girls. I didnt know that they were muslims simply that they were arabic speaking. I remember that while they were encerceling me I yelled out "WHY WOULD I BE A RAISIST I AM A MUSLIM" Shocked? I know I was. I dont even know how I said this or where it came from but from that day on I said I am a muslim to anyone who asked me. What Islam ment I dont know I didnt know anything. All I knew is what I saw Hijab. So I knew that muslim women wore hijab. And I loved it and longed for it but my shyness pervented me from asking any questions about it.
Time pased and when I was 16 I moved in with one of my mothers friends to care for her baby. As she wanted to work. Well on my time off I met an egyption guy playing basket ball with his friends. He brought me home to his family and they starting asking me questions, about my family and about me. I never knew my father so I use to make things up about him what ever seemed pleasing at the time. So this time he is a brother from Lebanon his name was shaddy lol and he was an enginer. WEll the next Question was this made up man christian or muslim. Well it took me time to think about it, but in the end I said hes a muslim,I made this boys aunt hate him by the way. But astferallah I didnt understand what I was doing. A girl growing up with out her dad is not easy subhnallah and although alot of us do I know from my own experience that I longed for a dad when I was younger. Anyways the family was so over joyed because my made up dad was a muslim which in turn made me a muslim. So they continuded to tell me that I am a muslim as well. And this is the first time I asked any questions. and my first question was what is MUSLIM lol ;D :statisfie So thye continuded to tell the that muslims belive in all the prothets and that Mohammad (saws) was the last of the prophets and I said yes I guess I am a muslim as this is what I belive. Unfortunitly they failed to tell me about tawheed. And so I didnt know about Allah but now I know I belong to something. I continuded to live as a kafr as I was still very ignorent about islam. I was still not finished high school and one of my friedns said I dont belive you are a muslim and I insisted that I was so she made me take shahada all over agian. My first Eid I bought a hijab the 2 pic kind and since we both didnt know how to wear it I chocked my self to death. That night I swore that if I ever got a "REAL HIjAB" I would wear one forever. Well over the next few days I met with some muslims who were of a different sect of islam whom I do not belive are muslims aoothoo billah. And they gave me some hijabs. The next day to my brothers shock I was wearing hijab like I promised I would do. So here I am totally ignorant about islam wearing overalls a long sleved shirt (I looked like I was going to work on a farm lol) and my hijab. All he said was your wearing that thing now and I said yes and we went on our way. when news started to get out about me I had perposals some were not "REAL" and some were. there was one inperticulare he wanted to marry me but I refussed him I had just turned 18 and at that time all I knew about was styal and dunya, So he went to this man wa aoothoo billah to have him convince me to marry him. Unforunatlly for the both of us this man was a cheeter and a lier. He called himself a muslim but he never prayed he told me that he wanted to teach me about islam and thats what lured me in. To make a long story short he fradulently put me in debt over $5000.00 which of course I didnt have and he was very abusive. when I tried to runaway from him he tried to rip my clothing off of me and told me if I leave then I will have to leave naked and of course which women would do that. He was a different sect of islam whom I do not belive are muslims aoothoo billah.. That night I sat and cryed and I made duaa I said " Oh Allah this is not Islam please guide me to the real islam" The next day I was at my mothers home and the phone rang there was a sister she said U do not know me but I heard of you and I want to teach you about the real islam. Subhnallah la illaha ila lluh
She started to tell me about taweed what was halal no more pants for me no it was jilbab and hijab. a few weeks later my mother tore into my room at 6am (fajr time but I did not know that I was still not praying yet) swore at me and kicked me out of her house. Ya Allah I just ignorded her and went back to sleep as who can I call at that time?? Then at 9am the phone kept ringing and I was getting :rant: becasue I wanted to sleep. So I answered it. It was the same sister. She said get dressed there is a rooming house for only sisters and there is a space for you there. WE have to go now and see it.
So I went alhumdolillah And moved in. It was duringm y stay there that a sister noticed that I didnt pray and she asked me about it. I told her in shock oh I have to pray and so mushallah she took it upon herself to teach me. It took me one day to learn Suraht Al-fatiha and by isha time I was actully making my salah. mushallah.
And alhumdolillah 6 years almost 7 years later I am now a practicing sunni muslima who teaches taweed to all......
And of course to the new muslimahs as I do not want them to have to go through what I did. The truth pervales and Allah wanted me as one of his slaves alhumdolillahi Rubill alameen

As Salam Alaikum Wr Wb
Umm Salama :thankyou:

Ps Sorry it was soo long

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Sister_6038
04-10-2006, 09:33 PM
:w: sis

jazakhallah khair for sharing your story of how you reverted to islam....and please dont apologise for it being too long...as once i began to read i couldnt stop...sis im so glad that Allah gave you the strength to keep your faith strong and inshaAllah may He always keep you in the highest of imaan sis...

wsalaam

Umm Salama
04-10-2006, 09:37 PM
As Salam Alaikum Wr Wb
Alhumdolillah I am gald to hear that I kept you interested alhumdolillah.
Ameen to your duaas sis

Love for the sake of Allah aza wajal

Walaikum As Salam wr wb
Umm Salama

- Qatada -
04-10-2006, 09:38 PM
:wasalamex

masha'Allaah that was really interesting. jazak Allaah khayr for that. Ameen to sis Hatshepsut's dua'.

:salamext:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
*LJ*
04-10-2006, 11:46 PM
:sl:
JazakAllah for that, mashaAllah such an amazing story, I pray Allah(subhana wa ta'ala) makes things go well for you sis.
Salam:)

ivanna25
04-11-2006, 12:21 AM
Peace be upon everyone,

I am very happy for you to convert to Islam. you are really lucky to be Muslim, you really lucky to be saved from Hell in hereafter. you must be lucky because God, no one else, guided you to the right path. there is nothing like God. If you are with God , that s enough for you, you dont need others.

God gives din or religion to the people He loves and give dounya, the earthly life, to those who doe not love. when we say , he gives dounya means he lets he person does what he likes in this life without letting him know that this is wrong.

you are lucky, and many Muslims who were born Muslims with Muslim perants are much luckier than you because they are able to understand Islam from their parents and they are able to read quran themselves if they speak arabic like me. But still we find tht many arab Muslim people ignore Islam, they do not understand thier duty in life. I admit that when a most of the Western people convert to Islam, they become better than the Muslims who are Muslims by birth. Why? because this part of the human nature. A person does not give value to what he posses and have, he becomes familiar with it. But people like you have suffered to be Musllims; have read a lot and ask a lot; have disobeyed thier parents for the sake of God; have learnt arabic to understand Qura; have done a lot of things to reach the truth. Of course, those who have strived to be Muslims are unable to do haram because they have spent much to be Muslims.

I find your story very impressive. I wish i was there to hug you in my arms as your older sister ( i think im older than you, i have 25) and kiss your forhead. I feel extremly happy when someone joins Islam.
Im happy for you.
Thank God for guiding us to this (the right path). without his guidance, we would have been lost.

Umm Salama
04-11-2006, 12:41 AM
As Salam Alaikum WrWb
Jazakallah Khair for the replys.

Sister you know not all people who have reverted to islam are the practicing may Allah guide us. There is alot of prusser from our family, 95% of my family disowned me.

The other 5% disaprove me Allah kareem

And sis ivanna25 we are the same age both 25 smile

Skillganon
04-11-2006, 03:18 AM
Who's that Guy that run u up on debt, cheated u out of your money?!! :heated:

Where is he? :rant:

I want to sort him out!!! :grumbling

Umm Salama
04-11-2006, 03:24 AM
As Salam Alaikum Wr Wb

Allahu akbar
Alhumdolillah he is long gone Allahu Akbar. Aoothoo billah he likes to pray on new muslims. Alhumdolillah I didnt drive. He did fraud agenst his ex wife and even got a car in her name.
He did the same thing to a sister whi was in a wheel chair. Her life was ok alhumdolillah she owned her own home and had everything she needed then he put fraud in her name she lost everything and ended up in a shelter.
Thats what my ex husband told me and Allah knows best.
May Allah guide us all inshallah Ameen
Walaikum as salam wr wb
Umm Salama

"..MariAm.."
04-11-2006, 03:50 AM
ASALAMOALAIKUM
i dont know wat to say ................i was so happpppy to read abt ur previous life :) ..... u r one lucky girl ......
u know wen ALLAH luves a person whether he be a kafr or of any other religion ....... ALLAH give His giudance to him/her ..... like u ! So See ALLAH luves u so much that u went to Him and took His giudance :)
i m happy for u !!!
where r u living rite now ?? and is life easy for u now ? :)
hey if u want ur problems of ur daily life to fade away just like dust ...... dont waist nights by sleeping !! wake up just kneel down and cry as much as u want .... and just say ALLAH Only u can do it !!! None can !! U only can help ! NONE can ! and i garuantee u things will start changing ..... :) it happened to me once :) !! so keep it up sis ... i amazed to see ur islamic spirit !! :)
and if u have any questions relating to islam ovcourse u r free to ask !!
jazakullah
ur sis

mortazaB
04-11-2006, 09:30 PM
Subhanallah...

When Allah gives guidance, it comes in many beautiful ways.

sheerheart1
04-11-2006, 10:19 PM
masha'allah [PIE]sis a really loverly story about how u embrassed islam and became a memeber f the fastest growing family i the world may Allah bless you ameen and always keep your footing on the straight path ameen[/PIE]

sapphire
04-12-2006, 12:03 AM
subhanallah ! truly touching ! great read ! jazakallah for sharing ! :)

Umm Salama
04-12-2006, 02:34 AM
As SAlam Alaikum Wr Wb

Jazkallah Khair guidence is truely from Allah alhumdolillah. My mother has admited that Islam is the truth but she at the same time refussed to except it. She wants to have "FUN" first..
What ever that means aoothoo billah.

As Salam Alaikum Wr Wb
Umm Salama

Muslim Soldier
04-12-2006, 08:35 AM
I dont have much to say. Only this congratulations!!!

*LJ*
04-12-2006, 09:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Salama
As SAlam Alaikum Wr Wb

Jazkallah Khair guidence is truely from Allah alhumdolillah. My mother has admited that Islam is the truth but she at the same time refussed to except it. She wants to have "FUN" first..
What ever that means aoothoo billah.

As Salam Alaikum Wr Wb
Umm Salama
Asalamu alaikum,

I think I know what she means...since I've become Muslim, I seem to be getting some non-muslims saying I'm not 'fun' any more...its not that I'm not 'fun' any more, its just that my idea of what 'fun' is, is usually not what a non-muslim's idea of 'fun' is.

Some of my friends, enjoy going out to parties, getting drunk, trying to get a guy, dancing, and gettin home late at night (I am not implying this about your mother at all, just using an example, lol).... I would absolutely hate that, I couldn't bring myself to do it! Why? Because I would be disobeying Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) the one who created me, the one who looks after me, the one who brought me to Islam and made me know what my purpose is, subhanAllah. How could I enjoy disobeying Him (swt)?

What I enjoy is learning about Islam, talking about Islam with my friends, going to talks about Islam :). I think maybe you should try and find out if your mother truly believes in Allah(swt) and His deen and if she wants to please Allah and if she does, try and explain to her that obeying Allah(swt) and his rules in the Quran and following the Sunnah of the Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wasalam) is the only way to please Him(swt)....and even if she sees Islam as not being fun now, then once she starts learning more about it she will love it :)

MashaAllah sis, its amazing that your mother has said Islam is the truth, jazakAllah for showing her Islam, I pray she is guided to the straight path by Allah(swt) and everything goes well for you both... and I pray that I can help show my family Islam and that Allah(swt) guides them.

Salam :)

muamena
04-12-2006, 09:17 AM
Bismillah
Asalaamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh,

Mabrook on your reversion. JazakAllah khair for sharing your reversion story with us sis :wub: Ameen to the adeyah and may Allah subhanahuwa ta'ala continue to keep us all on the right path. Ameen

Fi Aman Allah
muamena

Umm Salama
04-12-2006, 07:19 PM
alhumdolillah

------
04-12-2006, 08:22 PM
:sl:

Sis ur story bought tears to my eyes!! :'(

Subhanallah sis u were so patient! May Allah swt guide u even more! Inshallah!

Tkcr sis am always here 4 ya :rose:

:w:

Umm Salama
04-12-2006, 08:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *LJ*
Asalamu alaikum,

I think I know what she means...since I've become Muslim, I seem to be getting some non-muslims saying I'm not 'fun' any more...its not that I'm not 'fun' any more, its just that my idea of what 'fun' is, is usually not what a non-muslim's idea of 'fun' is.

Some of my friends, enjoy going out to parties, getting drunk, trying to get a guy, dancing, and gettin home late at night (I am not implying this about your mother at all, just using an example, lol).... I would absolutely hate that, I couldn't bring myself to do it! Why? Because I would be disobeying Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) the one who created me, the one who looks after me, the one who brought me to Islam and made me know what my purpose is, subhanAllah. How could I enjoy disobeying Him (swt)?

What I enjoy is learning about Islam, talking about Islam with my friends, going to talks about Islam :). I think maybe you should try and find out if your mother truly believes in Allah(swt) and His deen and if she wants to please Allah and if she does, try and explain to her that obeying Allah(swt) and his rules in the Quran and following the Sunnah of the Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wasalam) is the only way to please Him(swt)....and even if she sees Islam as not being fun now, then once she starts learning more about it she will love it :)

MashaAllah sis, its amazing that your mother has said Islam is the truth, jazakAllah for showing her Islam, I pray she is guided to the straight path by Allah(swt) and everything goes well for you both... and I pray that I can help show my family Islam and that Allah(swt) guides them.

Salam :)
As salam Alaikum Wr Wb

My Mother is a kafr of the worst kind. what you discribed is what she is and more. If it was not for islam we would not even talk and thats the truth.

She did say Islam is the truth but she also said she will never be muslim
Her heart is very hard and only Allah can guide her.

Sis Pagal Kuri
Awww didnt mean to make anyone cry

Walaikum As Salam Wr Wb
Umm Salama

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.