/* */

PDA

View Full Version : is this true about Dubai?

solid_snake
04-10-2006, 10:57 PM
Oh man! There are lots of places to eat, drink, and be stupid in the middle east! Most hotels and resorts are free from the restrictive laws of the middle east. For the most part, alcohol is illegal in these countries, except in hotels. So most hotels have very nice clubs, bars, pools, etc. that are great for partying. There are even quite a few brothels in Dubai.
:? :offended:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Lush
04-10-2006, 10:58 PM
Welcome to the free market, my friend. :X

hamzaa
04-10-2006, 11:00 PM
salaam

*books a seat on the next available flight*:X

*Which way was the door?*

Ghazi
04-10-2006, 11:00 PM
Salaam

I've also heard something similar, don't be too suprised dubai is far from islamic, the people in charage care more about westerners then they're brothers and sisters world-wide.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
extinction
04-10-2006, 11:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hamzaa
salaam

*books a seat on the next available flight*:X

*Which way was the door?*
yo wait up I want to come too....

solid_snake
04-10-2006, 11:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lush
Welcome to the free market, my friend. :X
lol I don't think North Carolina allows brothels, do they?

Umm Salama
04-11-2006, 12:20 AM
as salam alaikum wrwb
whats a brothel??

Umu 'Isa
04-11-2006, 12:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Salama
whats a brothel??
its a building where prostitutes are available :vomit:

Umm Salama
04-11-2006, 12:35 AM
AOOTHOO BILLAH

UFF UFF Uff

sherbie cola
04-11-2006, 02:02 AM
Dubai is westeners paradise , I went in December and I couldn't believe I was in Dubai, it seemed more like UK, xmas trees and santa claus and carrol singers and I saw some drunk arabs I was totally disgusted.

May ALLAH give us all hidayat

seek.learn
04-11-2006, 02:13 AM
Salaam o alaikum,

Yes, it is very true.

May Allah guide our ummah and forgive us. Aameen.

Alaikum Salaam

Lush
04-11-2006, 03:17 AM
Dubai doesn't "allow" brothels either. But they're everywhere.

In fact, Arabs should not waste so much time being "disgusted" and focus on the real issues of human trafficking and enslavement that is plaguing Dubai and other Middle Eastern communities.

Maryam22
04-12-2006, 11:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Salama
AOOTHOO BILLAH

UFF UFF Uff
:sl:
Allahu Akbar, I know. tragic isn't. what are we coming to. its disturbing.

:w:

Maryam22
04-12-2006, 11:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by seek.learn
Salaam o alaikum,

Yes, it is very true.

May Allah guide our ummah and forgive us. Aameen.

Alaikum Salaam
Ameen

Ghazi
04-12-2006, 11:09 AM
Salaam

Inshallah when the islamic caliphate ruturns duabia should be no 1 on the list of sorting out, the people in charge make me sick, building islands while follow muslims need the money.

Cheb
04-12-2006, 11:25 AM
Yes this is true. While brothels are not legal, they are still tolerated. In fact they are a big problem here in the UAE and it is getting worse. Many people from around the Middle East come to Dubai for this reason alone. In fact I regularly see police cars right next to prostitutes while "transactions" are occurring but nothing is done. There are certain areas in Dubai that are known all over the country that they are a hub for prostitution and alcohol. People go there for little else. So yes it is true.

Maryam22
04-12-2006, 11:48 AM
can't we do something about it.. its really tragic. No, really, lets think of some ideas. I was thinking, changing what within ourselves, by reverting to the quran and sunnah. It generally seems like theres really good muslims out there, except we are dispersed everywhere. I reckon, wallahu alam, that if we somehow got together, we could become the majority, and Insallah, beome the ummah we once were.

Maryam22
04-12-2006, 11:49 AM
can someone please recommend for me a country where i can live, that is generally adhereing to the Quran and sunnah, and is strict. i was thinking saudi (mecca, or medina, inshallah), then sharjah. what do you people think?

Cheb
04-12-2006, 12:03 PM
To be honest with you I would not recommend Saudi. They are actually too strict, to the point that injustice can be done because of it. They do not 'truly follow Islamic Law in many cases. But then again, if you can live next to the Kaba (not sure if it is possible) then that would be quite amazing. Sharjah is probably less strict than Saudi but it does have Saudi influence on it. I honestly love it here and you can find plenty of Muslim brothers and sisters who share your interest. But dont expect everyone in the City to be wearing hijab or niqab. But you can say that the majority do.
Well anyone else got any suggestions?

Muslim Soldier
04-12-2006, 12:05 PM
[S][MOUSE][MAD][BANANA][PIE]IRAN[/PIE][/BANANA][/MAD][/MOUSE][/S]

S_87
04-12-2006, 03:25 PM

stuff like this makes me scared to go to dubai. Allah punishment comes down on places where vice is in excess. La Hawla Wa La Quwwata illa billah

the thing with saudi is, you see people wearing veil, scarf, abaya only because by law they have to. if that wasnt the law then you will see it being taken off :(

i quote
the servants of Allah do not defile themselves with sin
they do not commit sins or acts of corruption in public

because when the sins are revealed and become widespread

and not rejected or condemned

there will be torment and loss and punishment and destruction will strike

afriend
04-12-2006, 03:32 PM
Yes... :mad:

Dubai is not an Islamic country anymore.....It has lost all values of Islam...

Something is going to happen, something that will make Dubai an over turned nation...Like Soddom and Gommorah.......

Soon you will see it.......

Soon.......

Cheb
04-12-2006, 10:04 PM
Well I just came back from a dinner in Dubai. It was after an exhibition and all exhibitors were invited for dinner. After a little while they started putting loud music, and lucky for us we were sitting just a few meters beside the 8 foot speakers!! Well we ignored it and continued our discussion. I didnt want to leave because we were having a interesting discussion about Islam and the music didnt really affect the conversation other than the fact that we had to start shouting at each other :)
Well a little later they put Arabic music and poof, a belly dancer pops up. Now this was a little harder to ignore. All of a sudden all these men got up and started dancing with her and that was impossible to ignore. So we decided to leave shortly after that. Funny thing is the dancer thought I was trying to dance with her when I got up and approached me...Talk about an awkward moment. :rollseyes
Ya that is just a tiny example of what is becoming quite common in Dubai and other Muslim cities.

Lush
04-13-2006, 12:24 AM
Dubai is not a "nation," Iqram. LOL.

Like I said, I'd like to hear trafficking problems in the UAE addressed by more Muslims. Anyone? Anyone?

north_malaysian
04-13-2006, 04:02 AM
Dubai, Cairo, Beirut and Kuala Lumpur are going to be like Istanbul.

At leasts police raids the brothels, gay clubs and stripper clubs in Malaysia.

Lush
04-13-2006, 05:25 AM
At leasts police raids the brothels, gay clubs and stripper clubs in Malaysia.
Ah, the beauty of facism. :statisfie

north_malaysian
04-13-2006, 08:58 AM
Ah, the beauty of facism. :statisfie
huh?? Hello ... those vices produce more AIDS people in Malaysia. If Malaysia decides to legalize brothels, gay clubs and stripper clubs - MAKE SURE THOSE prostitutes, gigolos and strippers HIV NEGATIVE!!

I just heard somewhere about a restaurant that serve sushi on a naked male. The customer would eat and lick those sushis by mouth and tongue only, no hands, chopsticks or forks involved. I wonder if Dubai has this too. If not, Kuala Lumpur is more advance when it comes to sex industry. Crazy!:p

Maryam22
04-13-2006, 10:17 AM
No offence sis, but can we keep this clean please

afriend
04-13-2006, 10:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Maryam22
No offence sis, but can we keep this clean please

*clears throat*

|I think you'll find it's 'brother'

Maryam22
04-13-2006, 10:20 AM
Dubai doesn't "allow" brothels either. But they're everywhere.

In fact, Arabs should not waste so much time being "disgusted" and focus on the real issues of human trafficking and enslavement that is plaguing Dubai and other Middle Eastern communities.

what do you mean 'real' issues? prostitution is real issue, and we should worry about it more (i mean as muslims) as it goes against the Islamic laws and occurs in muslims states/counties.

Sister_6038
04-13-2006, 10:22 AM
personallay i dont see the fascination many people have with Dubai...i mean come on there are so many places on the earth that are amazng...whats so special about Dubai the capital of all thats artificial? no offence but come on seriously whats with spending stupedous amounts of money on building hotels for the wealthy when there are millions and millions of people dying around the world due to lack of clean water?!?!??! what has happened to the ummah? these worldly desires many possess are nothing but a short lived fantasy.....we should fear Allah and live this life for the next....it is but a test...why do people forget....

afriend
04-13-2006, 10:23 AM
It is an act of hypocricy of the people of Dubai.......

They are in inverted commas 'a muslim country'............They sure don't show their Islam much......All I see is High rising buildings and topless women.........

Maryam22
04-13-2006, 10:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram

*clears throat*

|I think you'll find it's 'brother'
im sorry.

afriend
04-13-2006, 10:28 AM
im sorry.
LOL

It happens to everybody...LOL...even me....:giggling: :hiding:

Back on topic.

What can we do to stop these things happening?

SIMPLE!!

I don't mean to put a boycott in place, but seeing as though it is needed now.....

All those who are against, ALL THOSE WHO ARE AGAINST!!!!! 1 thing you can do which is not to visit that country....until they change themselves.

Yasir89
04-13-2006, 10:32 AM
My mum and dad have stayed in both sharjah and dubai (on holiday) and they said the atmosphere is Sharjah was much more islamic. Dubai seems like a generally nice place to see, although I think it is very westernised.

afriend
04-13-2006, 10:34 AM

Sharjah is a very Islamic country...I think the ruler there is the only uncorrupted in the UAE!

:)

Sister_6038
04-13-2006, 10:39 AM

Sharjah is a very Islamic country...I think the ruler there is the only uncorrupted in the UAE!

yeah i went to both sharjah and dubai...didnt really like dubai...didnt feel like i was in a muslim country....

Yasir89
04-13-2006, 10:41 AM

aren't Sharjah and Dubai cities in UAE?

:?

Umm Safiya
04-13-2006, 10:42 AM

I am shocked after reading this about Dubai.. I've always been told it was such a nice place.. :heated:

Maryam22
04-13-2006, 11:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hatshepsut
yeah i went to both sharjah and dubai...didnt really like dubai...didnt feel like i was in a muslim country....
aww it is soooo good to hear that kinda feed back about the sharjah. i have statelite tv which gives us the sharjah channel. I thought about moving there inshallah one day, based on their clean tv. i figured that if their tv is clean, than that must reflect the personality of the people, as what ever comes ontv, ususally indicates what people interests are.
hopes that makes sense

Sister_6038
04-13-2006, 11:22 AM
aww it is soooo good to hear that kinda feed back about the sharjah. i have statelite tv which gives us the sharjah channel. I thought about moving there inshallah one day, based on their clean tv. i figured that if their tv is clean, than that must reflect the personality of the people, as what ever comes ontv, ususally indicates what people interests are.
hopes that makes sense

sis it really is a nice place mashaAllah...i wouldnt moving there once i have graduated but am not sure

Lush
04-13-2006, 02:24 PM
Once again... Sharjah is not a country... Dubai is not a country...

Also, Maryam, of course prostitution is a real issue. But it is tied to the trafficking and exploitation of women from all around the world. The UAE police calls these women "kufar whores" and locks them up. They do nothing to stop the slave-trade.

More conscientious people should join forces against this thing. I'm doing my part. Are you?

Sister_6038
04-13-2006, 02:33 PM
Once again... Sharjah is not a country... Dubai is not a country...

Also, Maryam, of course prostitution is a real issue. But it is tied to the trafficking and exploitation of women from all around the world. The UAE police calls these women "kufar whores" and locks them up. They do nothing to stop the slave-trade.

More conscientious people should join forces against this thing. I'm doing my part. Are you?
i know dubai is a city just meant that whilst i was in dubai it didnt feel like i was actually in a muslim country due to the atomsphere of the city of dubai...i mean if i go to rome and it is not very christian like i would say i didnt feel like i was in a christian country....

afriend
04-13-2006, 02:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ms. Amira

I am shocked after reading this about Dubai.. I've always been told it was such a nice place.. :heated:
You have been grosely misinformed....... sadly.... :'(

Bittersteel
04-13-2006, 02:47 PM
is this true about Dubai?
yes they have a thriving sex industry.men from KSA too comes and visits these places.

Lush
04-13-2006, 05:49 PM
Nobody's interested in getting their hands dirty and approaching the real problem of the sex trade. Ah, armchair politics!

Cheb
04-13-2006, 07:44 PM
Yup that is another problem related to the things we are talking about. Dubai is becoming corrupt in many aspects and the 'real problem' is the fact that the police ignore these problems. These things can easily be diminished to marginal numbers but it brings in too much money so nothing is being done. After all that is generally what Dubai is about, making money.

Sister_6038
04-13-2006, 07:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Cheb
After all that is generally what Dubai is about, making money.
:D:D:D yep yep money money....hmm i wonder what people would do if the value of money became worthless?

Cheb
04-13-2006, 07:52 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperinflation ;)

Sister_6038
04-13-2006, 07:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Cheb
yep...i still have those memories of economics lessons still in the back of my head....well we will see what happens....

what goes up....lololol

renak
04-14-2006, 05:50 AM
Lush mentioned the human trafficking element, which is horrific. More needs to be done to combat this issue.

However, I must admit when I first read this thread (earlier today), my first thought was to question why brothels should not exist in Islamic regions. Islamic men frequent brothels (as do men of other faiths). If brothels are kept out of Islamic countries, it would be easier to completely ignore this issue, which is in opposition to Islam. Why should Islamic men travel to Westernized countries and "take advantage" of kufar women?

I say as long as there are enough Islamic men to keep brothels in business, then let the brothels operate in Islamic countries.

Durrah
04-14-2006, 12:35 PM

I dont know how many people actually know this, but these women who work in the sex industry were orginally brought in for the non muslim male population in dubai, as a means of detering them of emarati women. I got this info from a sisters, whos husband has friends in high places.

Obviously,now emarati and men from other khaleeji states are indulging in prositution, which they didnt expect. Also many of these khaleeji men are sleeping around with these prositiues and then going on to marry young gulf sisters- most who are virgins. Its all very disgusting and many of the women who are brought now are often tricked into prostitution by crimnal gangs who are bascially pimpin in Dubai and making a fortune from the girls. These girls are abused, raped and have no way out because theirs now law to actually protect them from the men who not only sell them, but the ones who use them as a means of sexual fulfilment.

Dubai has just too many problems and the goverment need to start taking action against the real criminals!

Lush: are their any organisations that deal with Dubai/sex slave industry? If so, i'd be interested in knwoing more.

Ummu Amatullah
04-14-2006, 02:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sherbie cola
Dubai is westeners paradise , I went in December and I couldn't believe I was in Dubai, it seemed more like UK, xmas trees and santa claus and carrol singers and I saw some drunk arabs I was totally disgusted.

May ALLAH give us all hidayat

O Muslims! The Prophet sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam said: "You will imitate the nations before you very closely to the extent that if they went into a lizard's hole, you would enter it as well” his companions, may Allaah be pleased with them, inquired: “(Do you mean) the Jews and Christians, O Messenger of Allaah?” He sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam replied: "Who else?” (Bukhaari & Muslim). The Prophet sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam also said: "The Day of Judgment will not come until my Nation closely imitates the nations before them.” It was asked: “Like the Persians and Romans, Messenger of Allaah?” He sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam replied: "Who are the nations (I could mean) except those?” (Bukhaari).

No wonder why U.A.E is sooo unislamic.They're greatly influenced by the west and look up to them as their role models.They've a great respect for the West,but does the West respect them equally?No,if the west did then they would have let the Abu Dubai ports into the U.S.

Lush
04-14-2006, 03:51 PM
There is an organization called La Strada that helps combat trafficking around the world. Their Ukrainian office has ties to Dubai, due to the fact that a lot of girls get sent there and are quickly ensnared and enslaved. I am personal friends with a member of La Strada's Ukrainian team, and I interviewed her last year. The stories she told me are horrific. :grumbling

Lush
04-14-2006, 03:52 PM
However, I'm not familiar of any grass-roots organizations in the UAE that work with this problem directly, although I'm sure there must be some. Amnesty International is a good place to look into for that kind of thing, they have a wealth of information.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.