/* */

PDA

View Full Version : U.S. turns the globe into toxic wasteland

DaSangarTalib
04-12-2006, 01:43 PM
When media reports first uncovered the use of banned weapons in Iraq by the U.S. occupying forces, the American Army and the Pentagon were quick to reject those reports as unfounded.

Later on, the Pentagon admitted using chemical weapons in Iraq.

Officials from the U.S. Department of Defense admitted that white phosphorous was used as a weapon during November 2004 U.S. offense on the Iraqi city of Fallujah.

Not only does the U.S. use grotesque chemical weapons in its wars supposedly aimed at “Liberation", its leaders try to lie their way out of their own atrocious behavior.

Former Head of Pentagon's Depleted Uranium Project Maj. Doug Rokke, who previously stated that thousands of troops are sick and dying from illegal DU use, has been a government target since he stated in a May 1997 article in The Nation Magazine that the military fails to clean-up depleted uranium used in Iraq during the first Gulf War.

DU, a byproduct of uranium enrichment which remains radioactive for 4.5 billion years, is cheap, but it’s pyrophoric; burning everything it hits into a charred crisp.

Of the more than 670,000 American troops the U.S. government sent to fight in the Gulf War in 1991, about one-third of them are receiving disability compensation.

When the U.S. military attacked Iraq and its people during the 1991 Gulf War, it used over 350 tons of depleted uranium (DU). Today in Iraq war, the occupation Army is reported to have fired 2,200-plus tons on people and cities all over the war-devastated country, stated an editorial on The Capital Times.

When DU, an alpha emitter that wreaks havoc on DNA, RNA, proteins and enzymes, strikes targets, a fine aerosol of uranium oxide is formed, which can be inhaled. Those inhaled particles can cause serious damage, especially the insoluble particles that can remain in the body for a long time.

Initial Symptoms of DU contamination include severe headaches, fatigue, shortness of breath, night sweats, fever, poor appetite, joint pain, gastrointestinal problems, rashes and oozing lesions. But later on more serious symptoms are caused, including cognitive difficulties, memory loss, mood swings, neuropathies, blood disorders, menstrual problems, burning semen, increased pain and greater immobility.

Death by DU contamination is slow but agonizing.

America has turned the cradle of civilization into a toxic wasteland.

It's happening all over again in the current war on Iraq.

The war is literary sickening the Iraqi people, and there is a noticeable rise in the number of children born with birth defects, all because continuously being exposed to DU and other hazards.

Maj. Rokke bluntly stated that if the military intended to keep using DU, it must address the problems resulting from using it as regulations mandated, or cease and desist from using it.

It was probably the words “cease and desist” or Maj. Rokke’s simple ultimatum of “clean-up or don’t use” that initially ticked-off military brass, since behind the scenes the ‘big boys” never sought to open up a can of worms caused by Maj. Rokke’s report.

Maj Rokke went public about the extent of the DU problems in 1997, revealing the military’s outright refusal to comply with regulations.

“They have been after me ever since I went public,” Maj. Rokke was quoted as saying. “I’ve been shot at, run off the road several times, harassed, threatened and whatever else they could think of doing to discredit me for what I was doing.

“They even shot bullets through my son’s bedroom window. These guys don’t play around and the first thing I was told when I went public was to keep my 45 loaded at all times.”

Even though Maj. Rokke is right and the military wrong, the government tried to crucify him for simply telling the truth.

Even though the military admits using the deadly weapon, it continuously refuses to admit the legal causal connection between its use and its adverse effects on human and environmental health.

“It’s really very simple,” added Maj. Rokke. “I was asked to report on what they needed to do about the DU problem. Our team of experts then reported and provided our recommendations, plain and simple.

“But when I realized in 1997 we were being ignored and thousands of people, including myself, were sick and possibly slowly dying from DU exposure, I had to go public and blow the whistle.”

Many organisations worldwide have stepped up their efforts recently to ban the use of this deadly weapon.

Al Jazeera

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
knuckles
04-12-2006, 02:25 PM
Do you know what white phospherus is?

White phosphorus is a common allotrope of the chemical element phosphorus which has found extensive military application as an incendiary agent [1], smoke-screening agent, and as an antipersonnel flame compound capable of causing serious burns[2]. It has been called a chemical weapon by many people and organizations. It is commonly referred to in military jargon as "Whiskey Pete" or "WP". The Vietnam War era slang "Willy(ie) Pete" or "Willy(ie) Peter" is still occasionally heard.
It's use as a smoke screen and to mark buildings. Those pictures aren't condusive to WP injuries. Since it's incendiary it burns the skin and it burns it to the bone. I don't see many burn victims. As for the birth defects, did you know there's a Uranium mine in Iraq albeit a small one? Do you know what Uranium from a mine even a small amount does to a population? There's more radiation from a glow stick than there is from a DU round

knuckles
04-12-2006, 02:27 PM
By the way DU rounds are used on military bases for training purposes and the dust would be inhaled by them too. Why aren't military people having flipper children?

afriend
04-12-2006, 02:31 PM
:sl:

LOL

You make me sick!!

I have researched the effects of DU rounds on Humans....

You are sick!!

How could you say it's minor?

It sounds like you are all fine and happy, but slight contact with DU and your story will be greatly different.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
afriend
04-12-2006, 02:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by knuckles
By the way DU rounds are used on military bases for training purposes and the dust would be inhaled by them too. Why aren't military people having flipper children?
Yes they are........

Muslim Soldier
04-12-2006, 02:41 PM
its so sad
allahu akbar
may allah punish these *******

DaSangarTalib
04-12-2006, 02:43 PM
are you denying this is happening?

knuckles
04-12-2006, 02:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
Yes they are........
Are they? That's weird I know tankers that deal with DU rounds all day everyday and they seem fine to me. They even have normal kids.

afriend
04-12-2006, 02:44 PM
Are they? That's weird I know tankers that deal with DU rounds all day everyday and they seem fine to me. They even have normal kids.
Many have been suffering from DU....

Want me to show pictures of your buddies?

Cos it ain't pretty.... :skeleton: :heated:

knuckles
04-12-2006, 02:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by G-HaD-Ta-Raaza
are you denying this is happening?
I'm saying there can be tons of reasons why it's happening. During the invasion depots were raid and drums of enriched uranium was stolen. People were using them to store drinking water. Do you think this could be a cause?

knuckles
04-12-2006, 02:47 PM
Many have been suffering from DU....

Want me to show pictures of your buddies?

Cos it ain't pretty.... :skeleton: :heated:
No need I see them everyday and like I said they look fine to me.

DaSangarTalib
04-12-2006, 02:47 PM
The US are using these weapons when they invading other countries though

DaSangarTalib
04-12-2006, 02:48 PM
Victims of Iraq war>> http://www.iraqvictims.com/

go to photos section

knuckles
04-12-2006, 02:51 PM
The US are using these weapons when they invading other countries though
They use them in training also. Why do you think this phenomenon is unique to Iraq? Why are Afghani's having birth defects? They used the same rounds

afriend
04-12-2006, 02:52 PM
They use them in training also. Why do you think this phenomenon is unique to Iraq? Why are Afghani's having birth defects? They used the same rounds
And you work for the US Army don't you?

knuckles
04-12-2006, 03:06 PM
And you work for the US Army don't you?
Maybe I do maybe I don't. What does it matter?

DaSangarTalib
04-12-2006, 03:07 PM
Where your proof they use these weapons in training? And if they do they will take as much precaution as they can unlike when they bombing ppl of the countries they invade

afriend
04-12-2006, 03:08 PM
Maybe I do maybe I don't. What does it matter?
It was supposed to be a sarcastic comment.......A rhetorical question.....Chill out man.....

knuckles
04-12-2006, 03:29 PM
Depleted uranium is very dense; at 19050 kg/m³, it is 70% denser than lead. Thus a given weight of it has a smaller diameter than an equivalent lead projectile, with less aerodynamic drag and deeper penetration due to a higher pressure at point of impact. DU projectile ordnance is often incendiary because of its pyrophoric property. DU munitions, in the form of ordnance, tank, and naval artillery rounds, are deployed by the armed forces of the United States, United Kingdom, Israel, France, China, Russia, Pakistan, and others. DU munitions are manufactured in 18 countries
I guess it's not just the US that's using the globe as a toilet huh:rollseyes

DaSangarTalib
04-12-2006, 03:54 PM

They burn youngsters

Shot dead sitting on the street

Jewish settlers threw a molotov cocktail at this child

more on ==> http://www.thewe.cc/contents/more/ar...atrocities.htm

knuckles
04-12-2006, 04:01 PM
What does this have to do with the topic?

DaSangarTalib
04-12-2006, 04:03 PM
everything think about it

Kittygyal
04-12-2006, 04:04 PM
edit

DaSangarTalib
04-12-2006, 04:06 PM

DaSangarTalib
04-12-2006, 04:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamgyal
edit
lol :)

Kittygyal
04-12-2006, 04:07 PM
bro can i just say how come your posting pics is this related to the topic?

am just asking bro ok :)

take care

DaSangarTalib
04-12-2006, 04:09 PM
bro can i just say how come your posting pics is this related to the topic?

am just asking bro ok :)

take care
it shows the victims of Bushs war against so called 'terrosim' looks like they've got plenty of terrorists in those pics

Kittygyal
04-12-2006, 04:11 PM
it shows the victims of Bushs war against so called 'terrosim' looks like they've got plenty of terrorists in those pics

that is so true bro

may i ask the 1st pic looks fake :heated: but god knows best :happy:

take care

DaSangarTalib
04-12-2006, 04:12 PM

may i ask the 1st pic looks fake :heated: but god knows best :happy:
they all real sister you'd be surprise what these weapons US uses when invading countries can do to people

knuckles
04-12-2006, 04:16 PM
How do you know they were killed by US soldiers? I can show you a movie where the Pals cry up and down that the Israeli's killed a boy by a wall but when you actually look at all the evidence you can see the shot came from the Pal side. Also who's to say they weren't shooting at US troops? My brother said 10 year old kids were dropping grenades in their jeeps.

afriend
04-12-2006, 04:18 PM
How do you know they were killed by US soldiers? I can show you a movie where the Pals cry up and down that the Israeli's killed a boy by a wall but when you actually look at all the evidence you can see the shot came from the Pal side. Also who's to say they weren't shooting at US troops? My brother said 10 year old kids were dropping grenades in their jeeps.
LOL

No wonder you're such a war lover!

Your family is linked to the US army....

Well........I surrender...LOL

knuckles
04-12-2006, 04:21 PM
LOL

No wonder you're such a war lover!

Your family is linked to the US army....

Well........I surrender...LOL
My friends too but that doesn't mean I love war. I do see as a necessary evil sometimes though.

Kittygyal
04-12-2006, 04:21 PM
they all real sister you'd be surprise what these weapons US uses when invading countries can do to people

OMG! they are racist! :offended:

they should do that to there self and then find out!

take care

knuckles
04-12-2006, 04:23 PM
OMG! they are racist! :offended:

they should do that to there self and then find out!

take care
That is the most retard thing I've heard and I think we are all a little more stupid for having read it.

DaSangarTalib
04-12-2006, 04:23 PM
you keep denying the reality and remain blind to the truth..keep up the good work

DaSangarTalib
04-12-2006, 04:24 PM
That is the most retard thing I've heard and I think we are all a little more stupid for having read it.
no need to resort to throwing cheap insults at ppl she is just expressing he opinion you've got a problem wit that then dont read her posts

Kittygyal
04-12-2006, 04:25 PM

well it's true bro how would you feel if your kids hit by weapons by the US :offended:

try to understand bro

take care

afriend
04-12-2006, 04:26 PM
He's our bro in Humanity...But not our bro in Islam....SADLY :'(

Kittygyal
04-12-2006, 04:26 PM
no need to resort to throwing cheap insults at ppl she is just expressing he opinion you've got a problem wit that then dont read her posts

bro it's true tho if he refuses to tell the truth then i feel sorry for him!

take care

knuckles
04-12-2006, 04:27 PM
I apologize she was hit by collateral damage;). Do you accept my apology?

Kittygyal
04-12-2006, 04:27 PM
He's our bro in Humanity...But not our bro in Islam....SADLY :'(

bro who are you reffering to?:rollseyes

take care

renak
04-14-2006, 08:49 AM
War is never warm and fuzzy. However, I agree with Knuckles that it is sometimes a necessary evil.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.