/* */

PDA

View Full Version : why do Muslims in the West seek gas stations and grocery stores??

al-fateh
04-12-2006, 02:27 PM
why do Muslims in the West seek gas stations and grocery stores??

even though they know that they have to sell

BEER

PORK

HARAM MEAT

LOTTO

and so on....

why ?????

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Malsidabym
04-14-2006, 05:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by al-fateh

BEER

PORK

HARAM MEAT

LOTTO

and so on....

why ?????
Any answers to this? It is a good question.

Malaikah
04-14-2006, 05:20 AM
:sl:

er.. by seek i assume you mean own??

:w:

Malsidabym
04-14-2006, 05:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cheese
:sl:

er.. by seek i assume you mean own??

:w:
I think the brother meant either own or be employed by. Either way, you still sell all these things.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muezzin
04-14-2006, 09:45 PM
This is a good question, and I don't have an answer either. I've wondered it myself. Here in the UK, a lot of grocery stores are owned by Muslims, but they do not necessarily sell alcohol etc. I guess the ones that do sell alcohol do so because there is a demand to be met, and it is good for business. That still does not make such practice Islamically correct.

minaz
04-14-2006, 09:53 PM
My favourite Cornershop!

azim
04-14-2006, 10:27 PM

BEER

PORK

HARAM MEAT

LOTTO

and so on....

why ?????
Because brothers are willing to sacrifice their deen for money. Doesn't really get any more complicated than that in my eyes.

PS: Not all cornershop owners are like this though, I know many who don't sell any of above items.

*charisma*
04-15-2006, 02:52 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

BEER, PORK, HARAM MEAT, LOTTO, and so on....
why ?????
cuz their english aint that gud and they didnt study much to become doctors, laywers or something "big"

all they gotta know how to say is:
thanks, come again, its in aisle #, get out of here, dont u come bk, i call the police, i saw u take that! u try to rob me... get out now! etc..

also so that they can make enough money to send their 80 children to school so that they grow up and become docs, lawyers, etc, then they can retire and start to become "religious" and have their kids pay their trip to mekkah so that they can be forgiven for their sins of selling that crap... ok yea i totally stereotyped muslim shopowners.

IN CONCLUSION: money is greed, they sell anything to make money subhanallah, cuz if they owned the store they cud stop selling haram things if they wanted to. and face it, stores with haram things make more money..less iman, more greed for this life..

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

snakelegs
04-19-2006, 02:22 AM
i think you're being too judgemental. people have to support their families and pay rent, etc. etc. and the reason could be no more than just that simple reality. also, probably many muslims are somewhat limited in opportunity due to prejudice or lack of english skills, as somebody mentioned already.
furthermore, there are lots and lots of differences and degrees in the practice of islam and many muslims wouldn't have a problem with this stuff.

snakelegs
04-19-2006, 02:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by celia
But are these people really muslims?
wouldn't that be up to god? i'm sure he could tell. why would you judge someone as not a muslim just because he/she doesn't observe practices that you do?
i'm on weak ground here since i'm not a muslim. but i'm opinionated anyway!
;D

IbnAbdulHakim
04-19-2006, 08:58 AM
i buy most of my stuff from tescos , only travelling stuff and sum stationary/crisps/sweets from groceries :hiding:

north_malaysian
04-19-2006, 09:27 AM
I've bought everything from Carrefour.

Daffodil
04-20-2006, 03:43 PM
Having a big family to feed is no excuse.

The prophet saw cursed the one who sold alcohol.

By selling haram things in ur shop ur income becomes haram, therefore whateva u buy with that money will become haram, if u buy food, it will be haram, if u buy clothes, theyll be haram etc etc, so theres no point even buying halal meet.

Ppl who decide to sell haram in their shop need to be asked if they wud feed their pork, cuz at the end of the day they may as well do seeing as even halal meet they bought with haram money wud be pointless as wud turn haram.

SirZubair
04-20-2006, 06:48 PM

BEER

PORK

HARAM MEAT

LOTTO

and so on....

why ?????
My dad owns a grocery store,it is AS BIG as the supermarket down the road.
We dont sell Beer,Pork, (we do sell haram meat),We dont do Lotto,...but we are a Agent for KiwiBank (sadly) so we end up getting our hands dirty with Interest and all that crap.
Kheir,insha'allah he is planning on selling the business in a couple of years.

Kiwibank is fairly new,...and i hope it fails,miserbly.

We were a Post office to begin with,then 3 years ago the Post office decided to become a Bank as well,and Any francise that didnt want to become a bank lost their rights to run a post office.
And seeing as my dad had bought this business a year before that had happened,and had paid over half a million $ for it,he had no choice but to go along with it :offended: I feel sorry for the bloke. :(

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.