/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Dying revert brother needs support..

- Qatada -
04-13-2006, 11:28 AM
:salamext:

:sl:

I recieved this earlier today - if anyone can help (especially brothers) or please just spread the word. jazak Allaah khayr.
May Allaah ease the brother from his suffering and aid us all throughout our lives. Ameen

Asalaamu alaikum,

Indeed to Allah we belong and to Him we will return

I bring you sad news of a revert brother who is terminally ill. His name is Leslie Craddle. He is dying of stomach cancer with which he has been suffering for 7 years. All Praise to Allah, he converted to Islam 2 years ago and when my husband last spoke to him his faith seemed strong.

He is, however, not getting enough support from the Muslims. He and his non-Muslim family have requested that muslims visit him, but very few brothers have visited. He is very weak and asleep most of the time from a combination of exhaustion and pain killers. When asked to make dhikr, he responded that he was too tired.

Brother Julaibib also met his mother today who does not know how the Muslims take care of their dead. She did mention that she wants someone responsible to take charge and that he musn't be forgotten or she will have him buried at her local church.

So, there are three requests:

1. Please encourage the men of your family to visit him so that he can constantly be encouraged to make dhikr and remember Allah and prepare for his meeting with Him. He is now in St Michael's Ward, Trinity Hospice, 30 Clapham Common North Side, London, SW4 0RN. Tel: 020 7787 1000. He can only tolerate short visits so you need to plan for a 5-10 min visit. Visitors can just turn up at any time and the receptionist will show them where to go.

2. Sisters: Please send cards, letters etc., and encourage your children to do so. It doesn't need to be complicated: a dua with a picture drawn by a child are a beautiful and inspiring combination. Address: Leslie Craddle, St. Michael's Ward, Trinity Hospice, 30 Clapham Common North Side, London, SW4 0RN.

3. A couple of brothers are looking into what can be done for his funeral...
Please keep an ear out in case requests are made for donations to cover the cost etc, also for ladies to attend the janazah prayer and speak to his female relatives. I will send out more information insha' Allah when necessary.

Insha' Allah this is the time to show that we have a community that is capable of establishing the rites of Islam and that we can rise to the challenges and difficulties that our community throws us.

Please pass this information to anyone that can help...particularly if you know anyone retired, on-leave, etc, who has time to visit.

Abu Bakr al-Siddeeq (may Allaah be pleased with him) set the best example of this, when the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) asked his Sahaabah: "Who among you got up fasting this morning?" Abu Bakr said, "I did." He asked, "Who among you has attended a funeral today?" Abu Bakr said, "I have." He asked, "Who among you has fed a needy person today?" Abu Bakr said, "I have." He asked, "Who among you has visited a sick person today?" Abu Bakr said, "I have." The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, "No man does all of that but he will enter Paradise." (Reported by Muslim, Kitaab Fadaa'il al-Sahaabah, Baab 1, Hadeeth 12).

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The martyrs are five: the one who dies of the plague; the one who dies of stomach trouble (al-mabtoon); the one who drowns; the one who is crushed by a falling wall; and the martyr who dies for the sake of Allaah.”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 2674; Muslim, 1914.

I pray the Allah grants the brother peace and Mercy. And Allah is the source of all help. May he keep us firm on His Deen in our last moments

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Sister_6038
04-13-2006, 11:30 AM
jazakhallah khair brother

inshaAllah im gonna help my nephews to draw some pictures and write some letters to the brother...

may Allah grant him with jannah inshaAllah

IbnAbdulHakim
04-13-2006, 11:34 AM
there is an excellent islamic burial ground made only for muslims in ilford. its beautiful mashAllah and its freewhole or is it (freehold :?) neway i'll get the number inshaAllah and post it!

F.Y.
04-13-2006, 11:46 AM
Thanks brother. Will write a letter or something soon, inshallah. Jazakallah for letting us know.

Peace

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
DaSangarTalib
04-13-2006, 03:17 PM
Jazka'Allah for informing us, i'll make dua for the brother Insha'Allah

*LJ*
04-13-2006, 09:54 PM
Asalamu alaikum,

JazakAllah for this,
I pray that the brother is rewarded for his suffering with Jannah and I pray he gets support from other brothers...I will try and write something for him inshaAllah.

Salam

julie sarri
04-14-2006, 03:55 PM
:sl: inshaallah i will write to him as well:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.