/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Niqaab Query

Bint Abdusattar
04-28-2005, 09:49 PM
:sl:

Doea anyone know which hadith indicates that the woman does not have to wear the niqaab (face covering)?

:w:

:D SMILE! ALLAH LOVES YOU

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ibn Abi Ahmed
04-28-2005, 11:29 PM
i dont know, i dont think there is any. srry sister., as far as i know i think its wajib????

Ibn Syed
04-28-2005, 11:37 PM
No muslim sister has to wear a niqab if they don't want to. It's only a Saudi culture.

BlissfullyJaded
04-29-2005, 12:43 AM

Akhi...do you have proof that it is Saudi "culture"? Because it is the way of female companions of Rasulullah (Salallahu Alayhi Wasallam)!!

The Saudi's based their ruling on it being fardh fully from the Quran and Sunnah, therefore I think it is incorrect to call something Islamic as "culture."

Anyhow, opinions vary on whether it is mustahab, wajib, or fardh. :)

I've seen many anti-Niqaabi's use the following hadith, but recently I've heard of the hadith being weak.
Abu Dawood narrates that Aishah (raa) said: " Asma'a the daughter of Abu Bakr (raa) came to see the Messenger of Allah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) wearing a thin dress; so Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) turned away from her and said: "0 Asma'a, once a woman reaches the age of puberty, no part of her body should be seen but this -and he pointed to his face and hands."

To see the views on the niqaab from the Sahaabah, the 4 imaams, and others go here:
http://www.salaf.indiaaccess.com/womens/niqaab.htm :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ibn Syed
04-29-2005, 12:45 AM
Thanx for pointing that out to me sister mm ca04.

BlissfullyJaded
04-29-2005, 12:50 AM

Uh, I just re-read my post. Sorry if I came across a bit blunt. Didn't mean to, really! :-[

Ibn Syed
04-29-2005, 01:14 AM
Thats okay

Ra`eesah
04-29-2005, 09:58 AM
Assalamu'Alaykum

Niqab is 100% wajib/Farth i have proof

S_87
04-29-2005, 10:03 AM
yup all evidence points to the fact that niqab hasnt just been invented recently.
it was commanded :)

jazakAllah for the link damsoo :D

Bint Abdusattar
04-29-2005, 02:29 PM

Jazakallah khair for that - that is what i was looking for.

:D SMILE! ALLAH LOVES YOU :D

Bint Abdusattar
04-29-2005, 02:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 3washey
Assalamu'Alaykum

Can you tell me the proof?

:D SMILE! ALLAH LOVES YOU :D

MuslimGirl
04-30-2005, 05:19 PM

i dont know the exact ahadith, but i did read once , in a ahadith, that when a revalation came down (or something like that) women tore/ripped their clothes and covered their faces, except for 1 eye

May Allah Swt forgive me for any mistakes.

S_87
04-30-2005, 07:02 PM
yup thats right :)

It was narrated that ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: “May Allaah have mercy on the women of the Muhaajireen. When Allaah revealed the words (interpretation of the meaning)

‘and to draw their veils all over Juyoobihinna (i.e. their bodies, faces, necks and bosoms)…”

[al-Noor 24:31], they tore their aprons and covered their faces with them.”

(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 4480)

also
It was narrated from ‘Abd-Allaah that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The woman is ‘awrah and when she goes out the Shaytaan gets his hopes up.”

(Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 1173).

tawbah
04-30-2005, 07:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ibn Syed
No muslim sister has to wear a niqab if they don't want to. It's only a Saudi culture.
Akhee please, for the sake of Allaah do not speak based on emotions - know that there may be sisters whom read what you say and then take from it. please cite evidence for everything you say. jazaakAllaahu khayr

Was Salaamu alaykum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh

Far7an
04-30-2005, 07:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by -Umm_Abdullah-
please cite evidence for everything you say.
Indeed, this applies to all members of the forum.

akulion
12-31-2005, 06:15 PM
Such a hadith does exist but it only pertains to Hajj.....

Veiling the Face while in Ihram:

Yahya related to me from Malik from Nafi that Abdullah ibn Umar used to say that a woman in ihram should wear neither a veil nor gloves.

Al-Muwatta Hadith Hadith 20.15
(Taken from Alim Software - reference numbers correspond to the software reference system)

further more....
Fiqh-us-Sunnah
Fiqh 5.49

4. Wearing any sewn clothes, such as a shirt, hooded robes, cloak, underpants or wrapping anything around the head, a cap or a fez, etc. Likewise one is not permitted to wear clothes dyed with a nice fragrant dye or to wear shoes or sewn slippers.

As for a woman pilgrim, she may wear all of the above. But she is forbidden to use perfumed clothes, a veil that covers the face, and gloves.

Ibn 'Umar reported: "Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) forbade women pilgrims from wearing gloves, veils, and clothes dyed with saffron or warse. (A sweet smelling plant that was used to dye clothes yellow) Besides these, they may wear anything else, any color, silk clothes, ornaments, trousers, or a shirt or shoes." (Reported by Abu Daw'ud, Al-Baihaqi and Al-Hakim, with a sound chain of authorities)

Bukhari reported that 'Aishah wore a dress that was dyed with +usfur (Usfur: safflower, the red dyestuff prepared from its flower heads) while she was in a state of ihram, and she said: "A woman must neither wear a veil to cover her face, nor wear clothes that are dyed with saffron or other fragrant dyeing material." Jabir said: "I do not consider 'usfur a scent."
'Aishah held that there is no harm for women pilgrims in wearing ornaments, black or rose-colored clothes and shoes.

Bukhari and Ahmad have reported that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "A pilgrim woman must neither cover her face nor wear gloves." This proves that a woman in the state of ihram should not cover her face and hands. The scholars, however, say that there is no harm if she covered her face with something other than a veil. She may also use an umbrella or similar item as a screen between men and herself. But if she is afraid of tempting others she must cover her face.

'Aishah said: "Men on camels used to pass by us while we were with the Prophet (peace be upon him) and in the state of ihram. We would cover our faces with our gowns when they passed by us, and then uncover them again." This is reported by Abu Daw'ud and Ibn Majah. 'Ata, Malik, AthThawri, Ash-Shafi'i, Ahmad, and Ishaq hold that it permissible for women to cover their faces in the state of ihram.

Duhaa
12-31-2005, 06:19 PM
So are you saying yes female should wear veils or no :confused: ?

akulion
12-31-2005, 06:24 PM
Sis the Niqab best to my knowledge is a choice....so whoever wants to wear it should.

But as for the article posted above it is from Fiqh us Sunnah which is Islamic law so I cant really comment on it since I am not a scholar

So whoever reads should take it as it is..but if you note it gives BOTH side of the argument that some scholars think it should be worn and some dont...

sapphire
12-31-2005, 06:44 PM
hands face feet is not part of satar for a women...but i think niqab is wajib....from what i hear in lectures from people....Allah knowes best...

Silver Pearl
12-31-2005, 06:50 PM
:sl: Warahmatullahi wabarakatuh,

Sister be wary of what you say, scholars themselves could not agree on the topic so saying you have 100% proof that the niqaab is obligatory contradicts the saying of many scholars.

Also when something is obligatory it means those who don’t observe it are sinning. Allah (swt) makes everything clear. Verily if this issue was not something with more than one permissible view it would have been clear.

None of us are scholars here so be careful of what you say, it may be a harmless comment in your opinion but could have a different impact ultimately on others.

(3washey wasn’t directing this post at you particular :), just a general saying)

Halima
12-31-2005, 07:50 PM

Thread moved/ please see this helpful link for your query (insha'allah) :)

http://www.islamicboard.com/basics-i...ring-face.html

sabr
12-31-2005, 08:00 PM
salam, i've read a few books where they have quoted our prophet (saw) saying which parts of the body a woman should cover and then he said except for the face, hands and feet whilst pointing at them. anyways i think that if a sister truly feels uncomfortable not wearing a niqab then she should do so, men who stare, still stare irrelevant of whether you wear a niqab or not, my sister-in-law (who wears a niqab) was once approached by this man who told her that he could tell she was pretty just by looking at her eyes.

Ra`eesah
12-31-2005, 10:21 PM
Assalamu'Alaykum

We have had many of these threads being made regarding the issue of Niqaab. They have been closed due to the forum rule # 12.

Originally Posted by Forum Rules
12.This is not a Fiqh discussion board. Prolonged threads arguing over Fatwas and the details of Islamic law will be closed. Avoid asking questions that require a Scholar or Shaykh, as there is no one on the board qualified to answer your questions. Please use other knowledgeable means such as a scholar, Imam or knowledgeable person in your area or provide sources.
There are difference of opinions on this topic and it has has already been mentioned here By brother Ansar:

http://www.islamicboard.com/103841-post57.html

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.