/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hair

Hashir21
04-13-2006, 10:13 PM
I was searching the site www.Islamicity.com and I came across a search engine in which I can search for Hadiths. I searched the hadith for hair. One of the hadith said:
Narrated Abu Huraira

The Prophet said, "Jews and Christians do not dye their hair so you should do the opposite of what they do.

001.012.774 - Characteristics of Prayer - - - -
Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:
Does that mean muslims can dye their hair?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ivanna25
04-13-2006, 10:28 PM
of course, the Prophet Mohammed allowed Muslims to dye their hair with all the cars except the balck. He said/ "dye your hair and avoid the black color"

go back to the book "riyad al-salihin" and search for this hadith which is 100 % sound but unfortunately i dont have the book here to give you more details about hadith. but i hope my bro and sisters mention the hadith with its "sanad". i will find it inshallah tomorrow. but im sure of what i said.

Hashir21
04-13-2006, 10:35 PM
Thanks for you reply. But I didn't understand some words, maybe you typed it wrong or something.
of course, the Prophet Mohammed allowed Muslims to dye their hair with all the cars except the balck. He said/ "dye your hair and avoid the black color"

Maimunah
04-13-2006, 11:02 PM
salaam
yes its allowed in islam to dye ur hair:)
wasalaam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
azim
04-13-2006, 11:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mashaallah
salaam
wasalaam
Mmm... I always wnted blue hair.

Z
04-13-2006, 11:09 PM
Salaam.

Since it's in the General forum, I'm going to discuss hair. When it comes hair, I have very little. I like very short cropped hair, and in just a few years time I'll be ridding it all completely - and that's just about 50mm of length which my hair is now. It sucks to have a haircut every month, but it's worth it.

azim
04-14-2006, 12:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Z
Salaam.

Since it's in the General forum, I'm going to discuss hair. When it comes hair, I have very little. I like very short cropped hair, and in just a few years time I'll be ridding it all completely - and that's just about 50mm of length which my hair is now. It sucks to have a haircut every month, but it's worth it.
What do you mean ridding it all completely?

I usually have very short one all over hair cuts, mainly for the ease of cutting hair in my own room, although I am considering growing it long, to the shoulders, to see what it's like.

Genius
04-14-2006, 12:18 AM
I wanna dye my hair green.

extinction
04-14-2006, 12:20 AM
i have nice long hair but not all even though..but soon inshallah ....its brown with highlights..and accoriding to mufti irahim desai the color is fine just not the style

mortazaB
04-14-2006, 12:34 AM
Narrated By Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said, "The Jews and the Christians do not DYE (their grey hair), so you shall do the opposite of what they do (i.e. DYE your grey hair and beards)." - [ Shahi Bukhari 4:56:668 ]

Narrated by Qatada: I asked Anas, "Did the Prophet use to DYE (his) hair?" He said, "No, for there were only a few white hairs on his temple." - [ Shahi Bukhari 4:56:750 ]

Conclusion: I think I'am not positive, if you have white hairs your allowed to DYE hair?

ivanna25
04-14-2006, 09:51 AM
well, im sorry for the spelling mistakes. yes, for sure dying hair hall except the black. but i ignore why precisely black color.

well, im muslim girl and doin hijab and i keep changing my hair every three months. i do brown, red, purple, and blond. i imitate the stars on tv but only in thier look not in their behaviour. but i do sth, many muslim scholars say haram which is " epilling my eyebrows". i know the prophet said : " cursed be on the one who takes hair from thier eyebrows". but some Muslim scholars say that taking some hair from eyebrows is not haram but changing their shape completely haram.

this is really a big problem i have, when i leave my eyebrows for 3 months or more, i look horrible.

- Qatada -
04-14-2006, 02:30 PM
:salamext:

Dyeing the Hair: What Is Permitted & What Is Not
http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1119503544220

Straightening the Eyebrows
http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1119503547124

Shaping the Eyebrows
http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1119503548812

Removing the Hair Between the Eyebrows.
http://www.islamonline.net/fatwa/eng...hFatwaID=35349

:wasalamex

Muezzin
04-14-2006, 06:38 PM
I am so gonna dye my skinhead in the stencilled shape of the Ghostbusters logo:

Sister_6038
04-14-2006, 06:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
I am so gonna dye my skinhead in the stencilled shape of the Ghostbusters logo:

http://www.tvacres.com/images/ghostbusters.jpg
have you been watching ghostbusters on E4/CH4 is that why?

Muezzin
04-14-2006, 06:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hatshepsut
have you been watching ghostbusters on E4/CH4 is that why?
Can you say 'DVD'? :p

Sister_6038
04-14-2006, 06:43 PM
hmmmpft....brother...

extinction
04-14-2006, 06:45 PM
i can say dvd backwards!!

MusLiM 4 LiFe
04-14-2006, 06:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mashaallah
salaam
wasalaam
umm.. doesnt dye have something in it thats haram? alcohol or something :rollseyes

ooooo i didnt kno dt.. i want ma hair dyed nowww ;D :statisfie

sapphire
04-14-2006, 07:44 PM
if u cant use dye use henna:p

i wanna dye mine blue :p

btw jazakallah for tht bro Fi

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.