/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Karachi attacks kill 57 at Prophet’s birthday ceremony

al-fateh
04-14-2006, 04:10 PM
Karachi attacks kill 57 at Prophet’s birthday ceremony

More than 57 Sunni Muslims were killed in two powerful explosions that hit a gathering to celebrate the birthday of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) in the Pakistani city of Karachi, Reuters reported.

The attacks, the bloodiest in Pakistan for years, targeted tens of thousands of Sunni Muslims who had been taking part in evening prayers in Karachi‘s Nishtar Park.

The event had been organized by the Sunni organization, Jamaat-e-Ahle Sunnat, which has thousands of followers in the country.

"The blast shook the earth. It was like hell," said Muhammad Ehtesham, a 70-year-old witness.

"We were about to finish our prayers when blast went off ... It was so strong," said Ali Nasir, a young man among the wounded.

The attacks were strongly condemned by Shia leader Allama Hassan Turabi as well as President Pervez Musharraf and Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz.

"It is an act of terrorism," deputy inspector-general of police investigation, Manzoor Mughal, told Reuters.

Nobody claimed responsibility for the attacks.

Karachi witnessed another disaster on Sunday when more than 30 women and children were killed in a deadly stampede during prayers also marking the Prophet's birthday in a Karachi mosque.

http://www.islamonline.com/cgi-bin/n...ervice_id=2204

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Islamicboy
04-14-2006, 04:15 PM
Hindus were attacked couple of months back in there holy month I guess some Hindu fanatic with no prove wanted to respond back and create fitna between the Muslims ummah. Not Sure just an opinion

Malsidabym
04-14-2006, 05:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Islamicboy
Hindus were attacked couple of months back in there holy month I guess some Hindu fanatic with no prove wanted to respond back and create fitna between the Muslims ummah. Not Sure just an opinion
It is strongly possible that what you say is true, but it is the same problem that you are critical of, do you see what I mean? There is no proof (I think?) muslims attacked the hindus, and now vice-versa. I do agree with you it is a highly probable scenario, just as the assumption for the attack on the hindus is also probable. In both cases it is best to be sure though.

Muezzin
04-14-2006, 06:24 PM
Whoever bombs civilians deliberately is a detestable piece of genetic leftover.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Malsidabym
04-14-2006, 06:41 PM
We agree on this one, for sure.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.