/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Dishdash Staggers into the forum

dishdash
04-15-2006, 01:44 PM
Salaam alaikum wr wb to my :brother: 's and :sister: 's (cool emoticons guys!)

I've been referred here by Sir Zubair who is quite possibly the most annoying git I've ever had the misfortune to post with. I'm from Muslimvillage.net a glorious little oasis of Australian Islam but have been talked into having a sniff round this site. Have to say it looks pretty good from what I can see so far, mash'Allah - there are a lot of interesting looking threads and characters.

So a wee bit about myself - I am an Irish revert living in Sydney Australia, married with 5 kids and one on the way insh'Allah in August. I am not a controversial poster you'll find. Quiet, innocuous, shy, inoffensive, backs down easily, gentle and wouldn't hurt a fly. Unless he put his little fly-hand on me in which case I'd send him to the cemetery.

So who are the cool kids here? ANyone to stay away from? Give me a bit of gossip to be going on with.

WHere are you lot all from anyway?

Dishdash

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ghazi
04-15-2006, 01:46 PM
:w:

Welcome to the fourm

Umu 'Isa
04-15-2006, 01:47 PM
:sl: dishdash,
you sound familiar too!
muslim village is good, but i think LI is better :giggling:
well thats my opinion!
So anyway..
welcome to the forums :thankyou:
enjoy yourself insha Allah

P.S - Im from sydney too :D

dishdash
04-15-2006, 01:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ladee_Maryam
:sl: dishdash,
you sound familiar too!
muslim village is good, but i think LI is better :giggling:
well thats my opinion!
So anyway..
welcome to the forums :thankyou:
enjoy yourself insha Allah

P.S - Im from sydney too :D
LMD? You traitor! So are these guys Ozzies? Yanks? Poms? Cannucks? Martians?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ghazi
04-15-2006, 01:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by dishdash
Salaam

Muslims brother, all the rest doesn't matter :)

Umu 'Isa
04-15-2006, 01:53 PM
lolll ;D
traitor?
who me?
noooo :rollseyes
yeh we got a bit of everyone here..
most people are from the UK though alhamdulillah :D

aamirsaab
04-15-2006, 01:54 PM
:sl:
So are these guys Ozzies? Yanks? Poms? Cannucks? Martians?
All of the above and more, including plebs.

afriend
04-15-2006, 01:59 PM

LOL

Welcome bro!

I hope u and sir Zubair get along.....LOL

Enjoy the forum...

May Allah be with you.

dishdash
04-15-2006, 02:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth
Salaam

Muslims brother, all the rest doesn't matter :)
Beautiful answer brother.... <sigh>

So let me re-phrase for all the Poms who may be a bit slow. Where are all of these Moslems and non-Moslems from?

dishdash
04-15-2006, 02:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab

All of the above and more, including plebs.
Coolio. (we're talking about the French right?)

Ghazi
04-15-2006, 02:24 PM

So let me re-phrase for all the Poms who may be a bit slow. Where are all of these Moslems and non-Moslems from?
Salaam

I'm from the UK bro.

Al-Zaara
04-15-2006, 02:34 PM

Welcome to the forum, brother!
I hope you'll enjoy it here!

Anyways, I come from Kosovo but I live in Finland.

So who are the cool kids here? ANyone to stay away from? Give me a bit of gossip to be going on with.
Well, I don't wanna brag but... We've got one smart, funny, cute and cool sister here... ME! :coolious: ;D ;D ;D LOL! :giggling:
Nah, just joking though it's the truth... ;) :okay:
All sisters here are cool, wonderful and the best!!! You will see!! :sister:

OH... and the brothers are OK... ;D ;D ;D LOL! **just joking my dear brothers, you are great too**

dishdash
04-15-2006, 02:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth
Salaam

I'm from the UK bro.
Alhamdulilah.

dishdash
04-15-2006, 02:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aafreen

Welcome to the forum, brother!
I hope you'll enjoy it here!

Anyways, I come from Kosovo but I live in Finland.

Well, I don't wanna brag but... We've got one smart, funny, cute and cool sister here... ME! :coolious: ;D ;D ;D LOL! :giggling:
Nah, just joking though it's the truth... ;) :okay:
All sisters here are cool, wonderful and the best!!! You will see!! :sister:

OH... and the brothers are OK... ;D ;D ;D LOL! **just joking my dear brothers, you are great too**

Finland? Excellent - I now have someone to ask about 20 hour days of Ramadan!!!! So Albanian then? We've got a huge Albanian community up in the rainforests of Northern QUeensland! ALhamdulilah, Marreeba is quite the oasis and the last thing you would expect to find there! A few Afghans there too.

sapphire
04-15-2006, 02:51 PM
:welcome: to the forum !

enjoy your stay !

dishdash
04-15-2006, 02:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram

LOL

Welcome bro!

I hope u and sir Zubair get along.....LOL

Enjoy the forum...

May Allah be with you.

And with you.

Nah - curry-munching little twerp! Hehe! Wallahi he is a beautiful brother who is sadly disabled by his living in Kiwiland. New Zealand is a torrid little collection of rocks, overpopulated with sheep, horrid little people with painful accents who want to tell you about the time they were extras in LotR and, well, that's it really. He is possibly the one bright spot in an otherwise forgetable expanse of emptiness.

Insh'Allah I shall marry him off though.

Al-Zaara
04-15-2006, 02:57 PM
Finland? Excellent - I now have someone to ask about 20 hour days of Ramadan!!!! So Albanian then? We've got a huge Albanian community up in the rainforests of Northern QUeensland! ALhamdulilah, Marreeba is quite the oasis and the last thing you would expect to find there! A few Afghans there too.
Yupp, you got someone to ask that now!!! :happy:
Really? An Albanian community? Alhamdullilah, that sounds great!!!! :happy: :happy: :happy:
I would never have thought that, wow it took me by surprise, but mashallah, that's so wonderful to hear!!!!!

dishdash
04-15-2006, 03:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aafreen
Yupp, you got someone to ask that now!!! :happy:
Really? An Albanian community? Alhamdullilah, that sounds great!!!! :happy: :happy: :happy:
I would never have thought that, wow it took me by surprise, but mashallah, that's so wonderful to hear!!!!!
NIce. So do we lose many brothers or sisters in Ramadan up there?! Isn't there some sort of thing whereby if you go above a certain line, your fasting ISN'T in line with the traditional Fajr-Maghreb? I heard tales of Saudis who buy homes up near the Arctic Circle in order to have fasts of 3 or 4 hours! I'm sure that's rubbish but.... oh so many questions!

Ansar Al-'Adl
04-15-2006, 03:11 PM
:sl: dishdash and welcome to Load-Islam! :)
Where are all of these Moslems and non-Moslems from?
http://www.islamicboard.com/general-...-you-live.html
http://www.islamicboard.com/vbgooglemap.php

Al-Zaara
04-15-2006, 03:13 PM
What do you mean by "lose" ? :?
And about the second question: YES! Really, it is so hard to know when it is right and when it is wrong! The third question: Actually, I think it could be possible!!! :giggling:

mortazaB
04-15-2006, 05:01 PM
:sl: Welcomme!

julie sarri
04-15-2006, 06:10 PM
:sl: welcome to the forum:w:

SirZubair
04-15-2006, 06:26 PM

I've been referred here by Sir Zubair who is quite possibly the most annoying git I've ever had the misfortune to post with.
I love you too Sidi !! ;D :okay: :rollseyes Welcome to the Forum :)

The Ruler
04-15-2006, 08:13 PM
Salam...:)

:welcome: n enjoy!! :happy:

SirZubair
04-16-2006, 01:09 AM
Mod's,...i say Ban this guy,..he'll be trouble.. :X :okay: ;D :rant: :giggling:

F.Y.
04-16-2006, 01:13 AM
Salam and G'day bro!

Where am I from? Been around....Perth, now I'm on the GC. Bring your kids to DreamWorld. :)

Peace

SirZubair
04-16-2006, 01:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by F.Y.
Salam and G'day bro!

Where am I from? Been around....Perth, now I'm on the GC. Bring your kids to DreamWorld. :)

Peace
More like "DishDash,send the wife and the kids to dreamworld.." seriously,you dont want this guy tagging along... :grumbling

:okay:

SirZubair
04-16-2006, 02:07 AM
Akhi,..thats not LMD.. :giggling:

extinction
04-16-2006, 02:39 AM
hey dude...salaam..how are you..erm I had the pleasure of meeting with sir zubair he's a pretty cool dude...hope I can say the same about the "staggering irish man" lol that sounds too typical..lol welcome...

^..sTr!vEr..^
04-16-2006, 06:31 AM

dishdash
04-16-2006, 12:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hafizmo
hey dude...salaam..how are you..erm I had the pleasure of meeting with sir zubair he's a pretty cool dude...hope I can say the same about the "staggering irish man" lol that sounds too typical..lol welcome...
Now was that a racial stereotype my seppo friend? If so, good! We're clearly going to get on.

There's no better place to let one's xenophobia get an airing than one's introduction thread, don't you agree?

Yeah - SZ rocks. My brother from another mother.

dishdash
04-16-2006, 12:58 PM
Salam and G'day bro!

Peace
Alhamdulilah - another 'stralian! I miss the Afghan mosque in Perth... <sigh> I properly reverted in Perth too, alhamdulilah. Mash'Allah - Islam in Perth is in a vibrant and healthy state. I remember my very first taraweeh in my very first Ramadan... it was an Islamic school I think - we broke fast in one of their prefab huts (we all brought food) and the brother I was with pointed out 18 nationalities in that room (19 including me!) I remember that there was an Algerian sat next to and Indonesian sat opposite a South African and an Afghan...

I also remember it was the first time I ate madjool dates........... mmmmmm! Have never looked back!

F.Y.
04-16-2006, 01:43 PM
Hmmmm the Afghan mosque? Never heard of that - would that be the one in Mirrabooka? Or were you South of the River? The school you're talking about - was that AIC by any chance? Wow - im so glad to meet someone who's been to Perth! Yay!
Yeah - I miss Perth heaps, mate.
When was the last time you visited the place? I love the people - they're so happy and friendly. I think so anyway. :)

Peace to you dear brother.

dishdash
04-16-2006, 03:44 PM
Hmmmm the Afghan mosque? Never heard of that - would that be the one in Mirrabooka? Or were you South of the River? The school you're talking about - was that AIC by any chance? Wow - im so glad to meet someone who's been to Perth! Yay!
Yeah - I miss Perth heaps, mate.
When was the last time you visited the place? I love the people - they're so happy and friendly. I think so anyway. :)

Peace to you dear brother.
My daughter from my first marriage still lives in Perth, so I get to go over plenty alhamdulilah.

The Affghan mosque - sis it's the main one - on William Street? The big white one?!

AIC... um - Cannington or Canning Vale or something... can't rightly remember. But I think it is the only Moslem school in the area.

The reason why the Sydney umah is so messed up is this delightful obsession with maintaining nationality silo's. You know - Turkish mosque, Bangladeshi mosque, Lebanese Muslim Association etc. They so rarely mix. As the well-meaning brother mentioned above, we are ALL Moslems, alhamdulilah and that is really all that matters. I felt the spirit of that in Perth. Am still desperately seeking it in Sydney.

SirZubair
04-16-2006, 06:15 PM
I Love your avatar sidi !!

F.Y.
04-17-2006, 01:48 AM
Ahhh! Yes, the mosque on Brisbane Street - "Perth Mosque". I didnt know they referred to it as the Afghan Mosque. Yes, its lovely and white so when the sun shines - the bright reflection ...blinds you :) hehe.

Yeah, Cannington - there was also one in Thornlie. But you'll be surprised to know there are many new Muslim schools opened up now.

Salam :)

Sanobar
04-17-2006, 03:07 AM
welcome to the forums!

dishdash
04-17-2006, 10:02 AM
Ahhh! Yes, the mosque on Brisbane Street - "Perth Mosque". I didnt know they referred to it as the Afghan Mosque. Yes, its lovely and white so when the sun shines - the bright reflection ...blinds you :) hehe.

Yeah, Cannington - there was also one in Thornlie. But you'll be surprised to know there are many new Muslim schools opened up now.

Salam :)
It was built by Afghan cameleers and was the first (or third... dang - can't remember!) mosque in Australia (mid 19th century)

dishdash
04-17-2006, 10:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SirZubair
I Love your avatar sidi !!
I don't like yours though akhi...

;D

F.Y.
04-17-2006, 11:26 AM
Yes, 1904 I believe. I saw the stone that has the date engraved on it in the mosque. And the other writing on the stone I believe is in a Persian sort of script. Yeah.

dishdash
04-17-2006, 11:36 AM
Yes, 1904 I believe. I saw the stone that has the date engraved on it in the mosque. And the other writing on the stone I believe is in a Persian sort of script. Yeah.
God I miss Perth...

:)

F.Y.
04-18-2006, 01:29 AM
Salam
Here you go bro. Just for you. :happy:

dishdash
04-19-2006, 06:52 AM
Jazaks sis! I feel better now!

So it does seem pretty international here... I'm feeling it's mostly poms yeah?

dishdash
04-19-2006, 06:54 AM
Salam
Here you go bro. Just for you. :happy:

Have you been Muslim Village? Nick?

afriend2
04-19-2006, 10:24 AM
salaam,

welcome to LI, inshAllah have a great stay :):happy:
and lol sis Aafreen you are wicked! ;D mashAllah.

well a bit about moi.....live in the UK....and goal in life to be amongst the true believers! inshAllah :wub:

wassalam :peace:

Maimunah
04-20-2006, 05:28 PM
salaam
welcome:)
wassalaam

ishkabab
04-20-2006, 05:40 PM
Aslamu Alaikum
WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dishdash
04-21-2006, 07:29 AM
Has anyone heard of the town of Wellingborough in Northamptonshire?

extinction
04-21-2006, 07:37 AM
Has anyone heard of the town of Wellingborough in Northamptonshire?
no i havent but i must say your entrance is by far the longest one I have seen and whoopee!!!!!!!!1111 I got my thousandth post on your thread you should feel real happy right now lol

MetSudaisTwice
04-21-2006, 08:25 AM
salam
welcome to the forums
wasalam

dishdash
04-24-2006, 02:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hafizmo
no i havent but i must say your entrance is by far the longest one I have seen and whoopee!!!!!!!!1111 I got my thousandth post on your thread you should feel real happy right now lol
Yes I can hardly control my little typing fingers! Ahhhhhhh... but that's not true. I can.

Mabrook my seppo bro. Insh'Allah your 2,000 post will be in this thread also.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.