04-15-2006, 02:38 PM
Salaam

This pic spoke to me.

http://theotherside1.co.uk/savekids/kevincarter.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
afriend2
04-15-2006, 02:40 PM
salaam,

may Allah save us from such trials :'( and grant those in poverty the highest status of Jannah :'(

aw man i cant get that image out of my head.....:'( :'(

wassalam

Al-Zaara
04-15-2006, 02:45 PM
:sl:

That was shocking!!!!!
I can't believe the photorgapher didn't help that poor child!!!!
Ya Allah, how can someone be so heartless!?!?!?!
He just took a photo and didn't help the child!!!
Ya Allah, help the children in need and the children who die starving or any other horrible death, grant them paradise!!!!!!!!!

And damn that vulture... I just can't stand them...

Thank you for the link, brother...

:w:

sapphire
Ameeeeeeeeeeen !!!!!!!!!^^

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah !!!!!!!!!!!! my sis linked me to tht some days bak !! lingered in my mind for looong !! subhanallah !! :'(

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Al-Zaara
format_quote Originally Posted by nazia
salaam,

may Allah save us from such trials :'( and grant those in poverty the highest status of Jannah :'(

aw man i cant get that image out of my head.....:'( :'(

wassalam
AMIIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

afriend
04-15-2006, 02:52 PM
Ameen to the duaa.

But one thing that I think that can change all this forever is:

If everybody in this whole world paid Zakah, then all famine will be eradicated...Because the wealth will circulate and not just stay in the pockets of the rich while the poor die hungry...

I think that Islam can change the world, we just need to practice our religion better, so then the non muslims will see how successful our religion is.

Pure Imaan
04-15-2006, 03:00 PM
I saw that pic in an e-mail once and i thought the same as sis Aafreen. Inshallah ALLAH (swt) will help and guide children in need INSHALLAH, Ameen

i also agree with brother Iqram if every1 was to pay zakah this world would be a beta place and they wud c that Islam is a beautiful religion

tke cre broz and sisz

Umu 'Isa
04-15-2006, 03:03 PM
this pic brought tears to my eyes :'( :'( :'(
subhan Allah

julie sarri
04-15-2006, 03:29 PM
:sl: tears were in my eyes as well :w:

extinction
04-15-2006, 03:34 PM
Man we are so lucky we dont even realize it..

The Ruler
04-15-2006, 08:21 PM
i didnt know what the pic was bout first but den i realized :offended:

im sooooo stupid :'( :'(

n well.....im jus *speechless*.....da pic!! :offended:

Imam786
04-15-2006, 08:36 PM
yeh i saw that pic in my fw messeges....very sad...and we are those same people that complain there's nothing to eat...!!!!!!!!!

aamirsaab
04-15-2006, 09:34 PM
Signed up right now.

Don't worry kids, i'ma do what I can.

al-fateh
04-15-2006, 09:37 PM
this is really sad

and the photographer never did anything to help the poor kid.

no wonder he comitted suicide later

sheerheart1
04-16-2006, 06:58 PM
I JAVE SEEN THIS PIC BEFORE sad life is sometimes we should pray to Allah that things change

------
04-18-2006, 03:15 PM
Oh. My. Allah. :'(

IbnAbdulHakim
04-18-2006, 03:19 PM
May Allah have mercy on those less fortunate.

Alhamdullilah for all we have.

Laiool
04-18-2006, 04:35 PM
As-salamu aleikum! On the one hand is a mockery at people astagfiruAllah, this photographer could help these people, instead of expose them on display. But on the other hand, if it has not made this photo - we would not learn how many people require our help! Suicide of the photographer - not an output, living it could help such people.

"..MariAm.."
04-18-2006, 05:25 PM
salamzzzzzzzz
:'( .......i have read abt this b4......and i also saw this pic b4........but it was diificult for me to take the pic out of my mind .... and now agn ..... i saw it!!! it is said that animals can see the death angels......and the death angels were their .....ready to take the soul of child ... the vulture was waiting for the moment....... ...... ooohhh jsut thinking of it makes me cry :'( May ALLAH protect us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

x Maz x
04-18-2006, 07:59 PM
Ameen...Hai Hai so much torment and suffering in this world...May Allah give them saabr and aajr to deal with such hardships...verily after trials comes sweet relief WalaykumAsalaam x

yussufmo
04-18-2006, 08:59 PM
This Is A Coincednce Or What But We Was Looking At This Pic In Skool And Analysing It About 2months Ago And I Got Senstive To It.

IbnAbdulHakim
04-18-2006, 09:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Laiool
As-salamu aleikum! On the one hand is a mockery at people astagfiruAllah, this photographer could help these people, instead of expose them on display. But on the other hand, if it has not made this photo - we would not learn how many people require our help! Suicide of the photographer - not an output, living it could help such people.
mayb after takin the pictures the photographer did help, i kno i wuddav :)

Najiullah
04-19-2006, 04:15 AM
:sl: May Allah have mercy on those less fortunate.

Alhamdullilah for all we have

Najiullah
04-19-2006, 04:18 AM
Really Soching

Najiullah
04-19-2006, 04:19 AM
really shocking

salafiah
04-20-2006, 04:30 PM
O' My Allah save every human from hungr please.Ameen

j4763
04-20-2006, 04:34 PM
Maybe the photograph took the picture to make us more aware of the poverty happening in other country’s?

AhlaamBella
04-20-2006, 04:37 PM
Subhanallah! That really hits you.

united
04-20-2006, 04:45 PM
This is nota a one off scenario. there are probably thousands of children like this. im sure the photograoher wasnt made of money. he must have helped many but he cant help them all, hence the picture.

Lush
04-20-2006, 09:16 PM
This is so, so horrible.

Devoted
05-12-2006, 07:03 PM
Oooh this picture is so sad, how could he just make a picture of the kid and leave him there ...so collld....feel sorry for the kid..yah cant believe this is happening in the world....:wilted_ro

Khadeejah
05-12-2006, 07:08 PM
They picture of the children used to be my desktop lol....Any way back on topic when I first saw that picture I did research on who the Photographer...

His suicide did not come from only his taking of the picture.....In order to make an apple pie you need other things then Apples..u understand.....But He did feel bad for not helping that person....and Allahu Alim we can say HE SHOULD OF HELPED.....but the Qadr of Allah is something we can not change....and we have to accept it for that.....

Kittygyal
05-12-2006, 07:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth
salam.
OMG! may god help them and also we can help them too :'( :'( how sad to look at people who have no shelter,food,water,clothing just think IF we didn't have that abit of our help will be good and also remember them in our prayers
w.salam

hassanomar
06-13-2006, 11:04 PM
dam that really shows how we hae so much while others still in starvation inshallah we can help them in all ways possible

hafizyunus
06-13-2006, 11:45 PM
may Allah save us from these calamities that have befallen upon the Ummah.may Allah also make it easy for the people facing these calamities and make our test of Iman much easier.Ya Allah do not let us face such a calamity and if you do then let us have lots of Sabr.:amin:
Pls-Make dua for the people of Sudan and any other country that is suffering from drought & give some donations.Surely Allah is the Most Giving.

glo
06-14-2006, 06:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aafreen

That was shocking!!!!!
I can't believe the photorgapher didn't help that poor child!!!!
Ya Allah, how can someone be so heartless!?!?!?!
He just took a photo and didn't help the child!!!
Ya Allah, help the children in need and the children who die starving or any other horrible death, grant them paradise!!!!!!!!!
I think you have to realise that photographers and journalists who visit countries like that have to harden their hearts to some extend - or go mad (and indeed, this photographer was so badly affected that he committed suicide)
Can you imagine the sense of helplessness you would feel?
Chances are, this wasn't the only child! This was just one picture of one situation that won a prize, because it sent a powerful message to the world!
Chance are, this child is beyond survival, despite any medical intervention!:'(
It may also be that people on the team are instructed not to intervene in any situation - because how do you help hundreds or thousands or hundreds of thousands of starving children?

You could also argue that by taking that picture alone, the photographer may have encouraged many people to give money or become involved in world-poverty-issues ... thereby saving many of such children in an indirect way!

Of course, I a not trying to excuse any lack of action. I would like to think that somebody did something to eleviate the suffering of this child!
Mother Teresa once said something like 'If you can't feed the world, just feed one child!

My thoughts and prayers go out to those people, who's suffering I only know from pictures such as this, and who's plight I - living safely and affluently - cannot possible comprehend. May God guide us all to find ways to help suffering world!

Blessings.

Looking4Peace
06-14-2006, 06:16 AM
Omg, i never cry over pics but this just made me cry, i have seen others but this is sick especially those vulture creeps, my cousin wondered in the desert one day and died of dehydration cause her parents barely cared where she was (druggies) she was only 4, this happened in arizona where there are lots of deserts to get lost in, a week later they found her body with vultures still nawing her, this just flipped me out, and this situation is much worse cause he knew where he was going but couldnt walk anymore and starving in pain :'( :laugh: :laugh:

I think he killed himself in self punishment for just taking the pic and scraming i mean how cruel if i see a homeless dog or cat outside i feed the damn thing, how dare people disregard any life like that

Safeena
06-14-2006, 08:43 AM
poor kid wene i saw the pic i got shocked i felt so sorry for that child tears nearly came 2 my eyes aswell. its more sad to see a kid suffer but you no wat the best thing is that all the poors are gone go jannath which makes me feel good after all wat they whent through in this world they shall get everything in jannath init bro/sis wat do you all say.

Umar001
06-23-2006, 09:12 PM
whats happenin in the pic, im baffled.

habiibti
06-23-2006, 09:19 PM
that is a very sad pic but wat r we doing abt it?How many of us throw food in da garbage every single day?How many of us waste water while others r dying for it?
Instead of sharing wat we have,we just feel sorry for them,well sorry isn`t gonna help in this case.

Think of wat u can do to help.Insha Allah,Allah will reward in Qiyaamah.

Umar001
06-23-2006, 09:22 PM
I dont get it, how does me not throwin away part of my burger or not throwin away part of my soda mean a child is fed?

I'd understand givin charity and so on yea, speaking up about this yea apart from that what can we do.

habiibti
06-23-2006, 09:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IsaAbdullah
I dont get it, how does me not throwin away part of my burger or not throwin away part of my soda mean a child is fed?

I'd understand givin charity and so on yea, speaking up about this yea apart from that what can we do.
i`m sorry i didn`t make it clear i guess,

wat i meant was,u can buy less and give da money u save for charities.

sweetbanana86
07-26-2006, 06:48 PM
I recieve the same picture in an email, yeah something needs to be done, and sometimes i offer wonder how close is the day of Judgement

Snowflake
07-26-2006, 07:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Devoted
Oooh this picture is so sad, how could he just make a picture of the kid and leave him there ...so collld....feel sorry for the kid..yah cant believe this is happening in the world....:wilted_ro
We don't know what position the photographer was in. Maybe he tried. Maybe he couldn't. If he was so heartless he wouldn't have ended up so miserable and killed himself. He had a heart. He is dead, so let's not judge him.

Firdaus
10-19-2006, 12:21 PM
we should always remember such people (including kids) in our swalaat. We should ask Allah to give them peace

SHAH G
10-19-2006, 01:29 PM
makes me really sad lookin at dat pic thanx for the foto it jus reminds me of not to waste food and make DUA for the poor people out ther

sister_fatimah
10-19-2006, 04:07 PM
wa 'alaykum salaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

subhana Allah !!!!!:cry: :cry: :cry: very sad know this kind of things....:cry: :cry: :cry: poor child!!!!!

Woodrow
10-19-2006, 07:27 PM
I noticed there were a few posts addressing the question as to why the photographer did not intervene.

I found this:

In March 1993 Carter made a trip to southern Sudan with intentions of documenting the local rebel movement. However, upon arriving and witnessing the horror of the famine, Carter began to take photographs of starving victims. The sound of soft, high-pitched whimpering near the village of Ayod attracted Carter to a young emaciated Sudanese toddler. The girl had stopped to rest while struggling to a feeding center, wherein a seemingly well-fed vulture had landed nearby. He said that he waited about 20 minutes, hoping that the vulture would spread its wings. It didn't. Carter snapped the haunting photograph and chased the vulture away. However, he also came under heavy criticism for just photographing — and not helping — the girl:

"The man adjusting his lens to take just the right frame of her suffering might just as well be a predator, another vulture on the scene." [2]
The photograph was sold to The New York Times where it appeared for the first time on March 26, 1993. Practically overnight hundreds of people contacted the newspaper to ask whether the child had survived, leading the newspaper to run a special editor's note saying the girl had enough strength to walk away from the vulture, but that her ultimate fate was unknown. On April 2, 1994 Nancy Buirski, a foreign New York Times picture editor, phoned Carter to inform him he had won the most coveted prize for photography. Carter was awarded the Pulitzer Prize for Feature Photography on May 23, 1994 at Columbia University's Low Memorial Library.

He later confided to friends that he wished he had intervened and helped the child. Journalists at the time were warned never to touch famine victims for fear of disease. This criticism and the death of a close friend, Ken Oosterbroek, who was shot and killed in Tokoza on April 18, 1994 while covering township violence, may have contributed to Carter's tragic suicide. On July 27, 1994 Carter drove to the Braamfonteinspruit river, near the Field and Study Center, an area he used to play at as a child, and took his own life by taping one end of a hose to his pickup truck’s exhaust pipe and running the other end to the passenger-side window. He died of carbon monoxide poisoning at the age of 33. The last person to see Carter alive was Oosterbroek's widow, Monica.
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Carter

Tragedy does not seem to end. We can see and hear of those suffering in far off lands. But, somehow each of us will suffer if even one person we do not know is suffering in a land we never heard of. The suffering of that little girl is still echoing around the world.

Pk_#2
10-19-2006, 07:30 PM
AaslamuAlaykum,

:'(

:(

:'(

so sad!

May Allah help the poor and unfortunate :)

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
10-20-2006, 12:41 AM
omg too sad! :( I get sniffles seeing it everytime :(

May Allah help the poor and unfortunate :)
Ameen!

mohammed farah
10-24-2006, 11:02 PM
im shocked and sad

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.