/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Peace returns to Jamia Masjid

1m@@n
04-15-2006, 07:00 PM
Peace returns to Jamia Masjid

15-04-2006

New Delhi, Indo-Asian News Service:

The Jama Masjid returned to its routine on Saturday after a day of panic sparked by twin bomb blasts that injured a dozen people but caused no damage to the mammoth 17th century structure.

An estimated 250 people attended the day's first prayers early in the morning, a spokesman for the red stone mosque.

A large number of policemen kept vigil around the historic mosque on Saturday, checking visitors and bags carried by people.

"There is absolutely no tension, everything is fine, everything is normal," spokesman Amanulla Khan said. "You can say we are back to our normal routine."

Asked whom the Jama Masjid officials suspected for the blasts that took place within a space of 15 minutes, Khan, speaking on behalf of Shahi Imam Syed Ahmed Bukhari, said: "That is not for us to say. The police are on their job. We are sure they will find out."

The Bukharis have been the custodians of the mosque -- which can hold tens of thousands of people at any given time -- since the shrine was built.

The first blast occurred at 5.20 pm on Friday during prayer time and the second followed shortly thereafter.

Among the injured were a woman and a child. Most people were treated for minor injuries.

But the incident did create panic in the mosque and the congested area all around it, drawing thousands of people.

Police moved in hurriedly to begin investigations.

The authorities as well as Shahi Imam Bukhari immediately appealed for calm.

President APJ Abdul Kalam and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh reacted quickly with denunciations of the bomb attack.

Congress president Sonia Gandhi visited the mosque around 10 pm on Friday and spent 15 to 20 minutes at the site meeting Shahi Imam Bukhari, the spokesman said.

Police said the explosives used Friday were of a nature that would not kill or cause any major damage. Police are working on various theories.

15-04-2006

New Delhi, Indo-Asian News Service:

The Jama Masjid returned to its routine on Saturday after a day of panic sparked by twin bomb blasts that injured a dozen people but caused no damage to the mammoth 17th century structure.

An estimated 250 people attended the day's first prayers early in the morning, a spokesman for the red stone mosque.

A large number of policemen kept vigil around the historic mosque on Saturday, checking visitors and bags carried by people.

"There is absolutely no tension, everything is fine, everything is normal," spokesman Amanulla Khan said. "You can say we are back to our normal routine."

Asked whom the Jama Masjid officials suspected for the blasts that took place within a space of 15 minutes, Khan, speaking on behalf of Shahi Imam Syed Ahmed Bukhari, said: "That is not for us to say. The police are on their job. We are sure they will find out."

The Bukharis have been the custodians of the mosque -- which can hold tens of thousands of people at any given time -- since the shrine was built.

The first blast occurred at 5.20 pm on Friday during prayer time and the second followed shortly thereafter.

Among the injured were a woman and a child. Most people were treated for minor injuries.

But the incident did create panic in the mosque and the congested area all around it, drawing thousands of people.

Police moved in hurriedly to begin investigations.

The authorities as well as Shahi Imam Bukhari immediately appealed for calm.

President APJ Abdul Kalam and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh reacted quickly with denunciations of the bomb attack.

Congress president Sonia Gandhi visited the mosque around 10 pm on Friday and spent 15 to 20 minutes at the site meeting Shahi Imam Bukhari, the spokesman said.

Police said the explosives used Friday were of a nature that would not kill or cause any major damage. Police are working on various theories.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
extinction
04-15-2006, 07:01 PM
alhamdulillah its back and running and may Allah preserve all the masaajid in the future

1m@@n
04-15-2006, 08:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hafizmo
alhamdulillah its back and running and may Allah preserve all the masaajid in the future
:salamext:

yup inshaAllah.....ameeen, summa ameen.....

:w:

Zulkiflim
04-16-2006, 03:50 AM
Salaam,

Indeed faith and piety comes first before life..

Show that we die and live as muslims...
In reverence to Allah..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
snakelegs
04-16-2006, 07:22 PM
this is really quite wonderful. a bomb in a masjid and before that, bombs in hndu temples and no communal riots!!!
maybe things are changing for the better in india?

north_malaysian
04-17-2006, 02:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
this is really quite wonderful. a bomb in a masjid and before that, bombs in hndu temples and no communal riots!!!
maybe things are changing for the better in india?
Maybe Muslims and Hindus are suspicious to a 3rd party who try to make both religious community to kill each others.:? But the Sunnis and Shhites of Iraq still dont get it.

acapulcogold
04-17-2006, 02:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
Maybe Muslims and Hindus are suspicious to a 3rd party who try to make both religious community to kill each others.:? But the Sunnis and Shhites of Iraq still dont get it.

Oh ,man !! Hear we go, again. The 'nothing can be as it seems, twisted conspiracy theory' thing, again. So tell us who this '3rd party' is. (like I need to ask)

snakelegs
04-17-2006, 03:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by acapulcogold
Oh ,man !! Hear we go, again. The 'nothing can be as it seems, twisted conspiracy theory' thing, again. So tell us who this '3rd party' is. (like I need to ask)
you don't think that politicians use people by pitting them against other people?

acapulcogold
04-17-2006, 03:12 AM
Maybe. But it seems easier to believe that people just don't like each other because they are different. Wouldn't be the first time. And there IS always that 'conspiracy mind-set' on this site. So who IS this '3rd party' ? Let me guess. The U.S. ?

snakelegs
04-17-2006, 03:40 AM
Maybe. But it seems easier to believe that people just don't like each other because they are different. Wouldn't be the first time. And there IS always that 'conspiracy mind-set' on this site. So who IS this '3rd party' ? Let me guess. The U.S. ?
the U.S.??? you are being U.S.-centric. i was thinking of indian politicians.
have you never heard of "divide and conquer"? it has been used by people in power or seeking power all over the world.

north_malaysian
04-17-2006, 03:42 AM
3rd party - Martians!:scared:

acapulcogold
04-17-2006, 03:45 AM
WOW !!! The U.S. didn't do it this time ??? I'm stunned !!!!

north_malaysian
04-17-2006, 03:57 AM
WOW !!! The U.S. didn't do it this time ??? I'm stunned !!!!
George W. Bush is a martian disguising as an old man (which looks like an ape, just look at his face and big ears!!:giggling: ) instructing innocent Americans to do silly things worlwide. Condalezza Rice, Rumsfeld, Saddam Hussein and Osama Bin Laden are martians too:nervous: (dont tell it to anyone!)

acapulcogold
04-17-2006, 04:02 AM
I thought Bin Laden and Sadaam were from URANUS. ;D ;D ;D

north_malaysian
04-17-2006, 04:08 AM
I thought Bin Laden and Sadaam were from URANUS. ;D ;D ;D
Pamela Lee Anderson and Dolly Parton are from Uranus. Dont be confused!;D

acapulcogold
04-17-2006, 04:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
Pamela Lee Anderson and Dolly Parton are from Uranus. Dont be confused!;D

I wish. Although Dolly isn't a 'spring chicken' anymore. And even Pam is showing a little age.

north_malaysian
04-17-2006, 04:18 AM
I wish. Although Dolly isn't a 'spring chicken' anymore. And even Pam is showing a little age.
Nicole Saba? (She is a Lebanese singer and actress) U should see her in 'Ya Naseeni' video clip. She is sooooooooooo URANUS.:giggling:

acapulcogold
04-17-2006, 04:23 AM
I get this channel that shows Indian music videos. Some of the young ladies in them are Uranus to the max !!! ;D

acapulcogold
04-17-2006, 04:34 AM
I was just on Nicole Sabas' web site. Impressive. :happy:

north_malaysian
04-17-2006, 04:35 AM
I get this channel that shows Indian music videos. Some of the young ladies in them are Uranus to the max !!! ;D
arab video clips are just the same.

north_malaysian
04-17-2006, 04:36 AM
I was just on Nicole Sabas' web site. Impressive. :happy:
But my favourite Arab singer is NAncy Ajram.:happy:

snakelegs
04-17-2006, 04:44 AM
sorry this thread has deteriorated. i think this is a major story (lack of communal response to both the mandir bombings and the masjid bombing) and one of the more cheerful news stories i've seen for a long, long time. and it really hasn't received much coverage in the media.
i guess it's a case of a non-story (no riots) being a very important story in itself.
blood and gore and hatred always win top space in news.
just the way it is. (sigh)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.