/* */

PDA

View Full Version : ***drugs***

Arch_warrior
04-15-2006, 09:52 PM
"Khamr is what befogs the mind." These are the words spoken by 'Umar ibn al-Khattab from the pulpit of the Prophet (peace be on him), providing us with a decisive criterion for defining what falls under the prohibited category of khamr. There remains then no room for doubts and questions: any substance which has the effect of befogging or clouding the mind, impairing its faculties of thought, perception, and discernment is prohibited by Allah and His Messenger (peace be on him) until the Day of Resurrection.

Drugs such as marijuana, cocaine, opium, and the like are definitely included in the prohibited category of khamr. It is well known that the use of such drugs affects the sensory perceptions, making what is near seem distant and what is distant seem near; that their use produces illusions and hallucinations, so that the real seems to disappear and what is imaginary appears to be real; and that drug usage in general impairs the faculty of reasoning and decision-making. Such drugs are taken as a means of escape from the inner reality of one's feelings and the outer realities of life and religion into the realm of fantasy and imagination. Added to this psychological fact are the physical effects: bodily lassitude, dullness of the nerves, and decline in overall health.

The moral consequences, moral insensitivity, weakening of the will-power, and neglect of responsibilities are also well known. Eventually, addiction to drugs renders a person a diseased member of society. Furthermore, drug addiction may result in the destruction of the family or even in a life of crime. Since obtaining drugs involves a great outlay of money, a drug addict may well deprive his family of necessities in order to buy drugs and may resort to illegal means to pay for them.

When we recall the principle that impure and harmful things have been made haram, there can be no doubt in our minds concerning the prohibition of such detestable substances such as drugs, which cause so much physical, psychological, moral, social and economic harm.

The Muslim jurists were unanimous in prohibiting those drugs which were found during their respective times and places. Foremost among them was Sheikh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah, who said, This solid grass (hashish) is haram, whether or not it produces intoxication. Sinful people smoke it because they find it produces rapture and delight, an effect similar to drunkenness. While wine makes the one who drinks it active and quarrelsome, hashish produces dullness and lethargy; furthermore, smoking it disturbs the mind and temperament, excites sexual desire, and leads to shameless promiscuity, and these are greater evils than those caused by drinking. The use of it has spread among the people after the coming of the Tartars. The hadd punishment (The Qur'an specifies the punishments for certain crimes, such as lashing for drinking wine and equal retaliation or compensation in the case of murder or injuries. These punishments are called hadd (plural, hudud), meaning "the limit set by Allah." (Trans.)) for smoking hashish, whether a small or large amount of it, is the same as that for drinking wine, that is, eighty or forty lashes.

He explained the imposition of hadd for smoking hashish in the following manner: It is the rule of the Islamic Shari'ah that any prohibited thing which is desired by people, such as wine and illicit sexual relations, is to be punished by imposing hadd, while the violation of a prohibited thing which is not desired, such as (eating) the flesh of a dead animal, calls for ta'zir. (For crimes concerning which no specified punishment is mentioned in the Qur'an or Ahadith, the Muslim government may introduce its own punishments, such as fines or imprisonment. Such a punishment is called ta'zir. (Trans.)) Now hashish is something which is desired, and it is hard for the addict to renounce it Accordingly, the application of the texts of the Qur'an and Sunnah to hashish is similar to that of wine. (Fatawa Ibn Taymiyyah, vol. 4, p. 262 f. Also see his book, Al-Siyasah al-Shar'iyyah.)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
NahidSarvy
04-15-2006, 10:12 PM
Did you write this essay, brother?

Arch_warrior
04-15-2006, 10:52 PM
No No No its a source from islamic website that i encounterd quite while ago,

Arch_warrior
04-15-2006, 10:57 PM
taken from www.themodernreligion.com

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Knut Hamsun
04-17-2006, 11:34 AM
furthermore, smoking it disturbs the mind and temperament, excites sexual desire, and leads to shameless promiscuity, and these are greater evils than those caused by drinking.
Clearly, this author has never smoked a bit of hashish!!! This assessment is laughable. "Excites sexual desire"...that is totally false--trust me. "Leads to shameless promiscuity" is even funnier. If all of one isolated people were stoned on hash for a good 40 years, i guarantee their birthrate would visibly decrease. And any dunce knows that alcohol is responsible for 100% more "evil" than hash or cannabis sativa. This author must do some research.

Arch_warrior
04-17-2006, 04:00 PM
Do you work for the national drugs comitee or something? because your dismissing very crucial facts that has been proven!!!

------
04-17-2006, 04:35 PM
because your dismissing very crucial facts that has been proven!!
So tru dat.

acapulcogold
04-17-2006, 04:55 PM
...furthermore, smoking it disturbs the mind and temperament, excites sexual desire, and leads to shameless promiscuity, and these are greater evils than those caused by drinking. ...

I've been smoking weed for thirty years and I can say from experience that it DOES NOT help in getting laid. Alcohol seems to work much better. :thankyou:

Arch_warrior
04-17-2006, 06:03 PM
Im suprised that the amount of brain cells weed can destroy and here you are 30 yrs later still able to reply to my post! , im sure you exagerated the figure 30 yrs come on!!!!

The Ruler
04-17-2006, 06:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Arch_warrior
Im suprised that the amount of brain cells weed can destroy and here you are 30 yrs later still able to reply to my post! , im sure you exagerated the figure 30 yrs come on!!!!
nope mayb a alot brain cells of his may b destroyed n das y.....4get it :rollseyes

:w:

Arch_warrior
04-17-2006, 06:11 PM
looool what did you say ?

acapulcogold
04-17-2006, 06:13 PM
No. Thirty years is correct. I still love to 'fire up' (I'm burning as I type). And I don't have any trouble holding a highly paid, fairly technical job, either. My brain cells look to be very much intact. I don't believe a lot of the negatives that are put out there about weed. I think it is to discourage youngsters from smoking, to which I do agree. I started young. But I wouldn't advise others to. Alcohol is a much worse drug. So many more people have thier lives ruined by booze than by weed. Ganga smokers tend to be non-violent. As long as there are Snickers bars in the house, nobody gets hurt. :giggling:

acapulcogold
04-17-2006, 06:14 PM
looool what did you say ?

Don't you just hate that 'form' of writting ??!! I've stopped reading posts written that way. :? :?

Arch_warrior
04-17-2006, 06:22 PM
seems to me that you have become a slave to a plant that can satisfy your lower part of the brain!!!

why dont read this and tell me if your stilling willing to smoke weed!

Marijuana impinges on the central nervous system by attaching to brain's neurons and interfering with normal communication between the neurons. These nerves respond by altering their initial behavior. For example, if a nerve is suppose to assist one in retrieving short-term memory, cannabinoids receptors make them do the opposite. So if one has to remember what he did five minutes ago, after smoking a high dose of marijuana, he has trouble. Marijuana plant contains 400 chemicals and 60 of them are cannabinoids, which are psychoactive compounds that are produced inside the body after cannabis is metabolized or is extorted from the cannabis plant. Cannabinoids is an active ingredient of marijuana. The most psychoactive cannabinoids chemical in marijuana that has the biggest impact on the brain is tetrahydrocannibol, or THC. THC is the main active ingredient in marijuana because it affects the brain by binding to and activating specific receptors, known as cannabinoid receptors. "These receptors control memory, thought, concentration, time and depth, and coordinated movement. THC also affects the production, release or re-uptake (a regulating mechanism) of various neurotransmitters."(2) Neurotransmitters are chemical messenger molecules that carry signals between neurons. Some of these affects are personality disturbances, depression and chronic anxiety. Psychiatrists who treat schizophrenic patient advice them to not use this drug because marijuana can trigger severe mental disturbances and cause a relapse.

Further info>>>
http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/bb/neur.../aejelonu.html

Arch_warrior
04-17-2006, 06:23 PM
* still willing *

acapulcogold
04-17-2006, 06:31 PM
This is all clinical speak for what happen when you get high. I already know weed gets me high. If it didn't, I'd be getting ripped off. I've gone weeks without smoking, with no ill effect. Not only do I still want to smoke, I'm going to do a bong in your honor, Arch Warrior !!! FIRE IN THE HOLE !!!! ;D ;D

P.S. Here's one for Tagrid. She may need one to straighten out that funky writing 'style'.

Arch_warrior
04-17-2006, 06:35 PM
Go ahead ill watch as your brain degrades, nothing can be more amusing than to see a fool given a warning but still insists to risk his life ;)

czgibson
04-17-2006, 07:05 PM
Greetings,

Well, the author of that article clearly knows very little about drugs. Fair enough, it stands to reason that drugs would be forbidden in Islam, but why does the author feel the need to make assertions that are blatantly untrue?

Drugs such as marijuana, cocaine, opium, and the like are definitely included in the prohibited category of khamr. It is well known that the use of such drugs affects the sensory perceptions, making what is near seem distant and what is distant seem near; that their use produces illusions and hallucinations, so that the real seems to disappear and what is imaginary appears to be real; and that drug usage in general impairs the faculty of reasoning and decision-making.
Marijuana has sedative and mildly hallucinogenic properties. Having said that, no-one ever sees completely illusory objects after smoking it, i.e. you don't suddenly start seeing things that are not there. That could happen with a very strong dose of LSD, but even then full-blown hallucinations are rare.

Cocaine is a stimulant with no hallucinogenic properties.

Opium is an analgesic (painkiller) with no hallucinogenic properties.

So, what the author here claims to be well-known is actually untrue for two of the substances he mentions, and in the case of marijuana, highly debatable.

Please check the facts before posting such misleading propaganda.

Peace

panamared
04-17-2006, 07:27 PM
[QUOTE=czgibson;262717]Greetings,

...Please check the facts before posting such misleading propaganda./QUOTE]

WORD !!

sadieadel
04-17-2006, 09:15 PM
Go ahead ill watch as your brain degrades, nothing can be more amusing than to see a fool given a warning but still insists to risk his life ;)

If it's been 30 years, I doubt that there is much chance of his brain degrading. His posts seem coherent and rather intelligent.

sadieadel
04-17-2006, 09:17 PM
In addition, if you consider his addiction to be harmful and sinful, how can you logically find this amusing?

Arch_warrior
04-17-2006, 10:28 PM
Iv actually done a module in uni called Neuroscience the doctor that led the module very clearly stated that drugs do affect the nervous system , and the neurons within the brain!!! , there was not one single positive statements made about any of the drugs , except morphine given to heroin addicts and help releif pain to those who are in severe pain, but these drug it self can kill some one if high dosage is used or a repeated use , it was quite remarkable actually to compare normal humans brain to a brain that belonged to patient that was constant drug user the differences where quite shocking.

Arch_warrior
04-17-2006, 10:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sadieadel
In addition, if you consider his addiction to be harmful and sinful, how can you logically find this amusing?

Sorry remind me who are you? His wife?

sadieadel
04-17-2006, 10:29 PM
I personally don't use drugs but I don't really see how a little hash is worse for a person than overeating.

Arch_warrior
04-17-2006, 10:32 PM
[QUOTE=panamared;262751][QUOTE=czgibson;262717]Greetings,

...Please check the facts before posting such misleading propaganda./QUOTE]

WORD !![/QUOi

i dont remember shoving it down your throat , if you dont like it you no where the door is

Arch_warrior
04-17-2006, 10:33 PM
I personally don't use drugs but I don't really see how a little hash is worse for a person than overeating.

that lil hash leads to addiction! i think :rollseyes

sadieadel
04-17-2006, 10:37 PM
that lil hash leads to addiction! i think :rollseyes
Yes, it can lead to addiction. However, a lot of people are addicted to food. :?

Arch_warrior
04-17-2006, 10:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,

Well, the author of that article clearly knows very little about drugs. Fair enough, it stands to reason that drugs would be forbidden in Islam, but why does the author feel the need to make assertions that are blatantly untrue?

Marijuana has sedative and mildly hallucinogenic properties. Having said that, no-one ever sees completely illusory objects after smoking it, i.e. you don't suddenly start seeing things that are not there. That could happen with a very strong dose of LSD, but even then full-blown hallucinations are rare.

Cocaine is a stimulant with no hallucinogenic properties.

Opium is an analgesic (painkiller) with no hallucinogenic properties.

So, what the author here claims to be well-known is actually untrue for two of the substances he mentions, and in the case of marijuana, highly debatable.

Please check the facts before posting such misleading propaganda.

Peace

Oh you seem like doctor with all the true facts!!!!

Let me pump some opium , cocain , into your body Ill garuntee you'll throw those facts of urs away!!!

Arch_warrior
04-17-2006, 10:39 PM
Yes, it can lead to addiction. However, a lot of people are addicted to food. :?

YES food has some addiction properties !!!!, but i dont want to explain that now!!!

sadieadel
04-17-2006, 10:45 PM
YES food has some addiction properties !!!!, but i dont want to explain that now!!!
No need to explain. My point was a sin is a sin is a sin....

sadieadel
04-17-2006, 10:46 PM
Sorry remind me who are you? His wife?
No, but I bet he is a lot more relaxed than my hubby.;D

Trumble
04-17-2006, 10:50 PM
If you have any religious beliefs at all, you should should avoid all drugs (including alcohol) IMHO. Even if not expressly forbidden by your religion, they cloud your mind and make any direct experience of reality (or personal experience of God, if you prefer) impossible.

Arch_warrior
04-17-2006, 11:00 PM
No need to explain. My point was a sin is a sin is a sin....

looool so eating food is a sin? sorry what has this got to do with the given topic we have going on :S

sadieadel
04-17-2006, 11:01 PM
looool so eating food is a sin? sorry what has this got to do with the given topic we have going on :S
overeating is a sin

Arch_warrior
04-17-2006, 11:02 PM
No, but I bet he is a lot more relaxed than my hubby.;D
Then marry him!!!

sadieadel
04-17-2006, 11:06 PM
Then marry him!!!
Excuse me! I stated that I'm married. Clearly I cannot take another husband.

czgibson
04-18-2006, 08:33 AM
Greetings,
Oh you seem like doctor with all the true facts!!!!
I'm not a doctor, but many of my close friends are.
Let me pump some opium , cocain , into your body Ill garuntee you'll throw those facts of urs away!!!
I don't know why you would want to do it, but pumping my body full of those drugs would do nothing to change the facts that I stated before. Cocaine and opium are not hallucinogenic, and marijuana is only mildly so. I was simply pointing out that the author of the article was very ignorant about drugs, and should therefore not pontificate on the subject and mislead people.

Regarding your point about cannabis being addictive: it is mildly psychologically addictive, but users do not suffer physical dependence, unlike users of heroin, for example.

Peace

------
04-18-2006, 09:28 AM
Regarding your point about cannabis being addictive: it is mildly psychologically addictive,
HuHhHh?!?! :heated:

czgibson
04-18-2006, 10:01 AM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by Pagal Kuri
HuHhHh?!?! :heated:
What's the problem, Pagal?

Peace

------
04-18-2006, 10:11 AM
Ur words r too hard lolz can u put it in simpler english plz :embarrass

czgibson
04-18-2006, 11:15 AM
Greetings Pagal,
Ur words r too hard lolz can u put it in simpler english plz :embarrass
Don't be embarrassed - people are always telling me they haven't a clue what I'm going on about! :)

Many drugs are addictive, but there are different types of addiction.

Cannabis is psychologically addictive. This means that the user feels as if they want more of it. This feeling can be quite strong, but the user doesn't actually need the drug, and stopping using it will not bring any harmful effects.

Heroin is physically addictive as well as psychologically addictive. This means that the user wants more of the drug and their body actually needs more of the drug. If a heroin user suddenly stops using it, their body will actually become damaged because of this withdrawal. For this reason they need to be weaned off the drug - this is when they use less and less until they can survive without taking any at all. This is a very difficult process, and addicts often relapse (go back to taking it again).

Here is a quick list that shows the different addictive properties of various drugs:

Heroin - physical + psychological
Alcohol - physical + psychological
Amphetamine ('Speed') - physical + psychological
Nicotine - strong psychological
Cocaine - psychological
Ecstasy - mild psychological
Marijuana - mild psychological
LSD - not addictive
Psilocybin (found in 'Magic Mushrooms') - not addictive

Note that this list only covers addictive properties. By itself, this list does not give complete information as to how harmful each of these drugs may be.

I hope that clears things up. I think the writer of the article in post #1 could do with reading up on this kind of thing.

Peace

------
04-18-2006, 03:08 PM
Many drugs are addictive, but there are different types of addiction
But bro they are haraam not matter how addictive they are! :)

czgibson
04-18-2006, 03:23 PM
Greetings,
But bro they are haraam not matter how addictive they are! :)
Absolutely - I have no doubt about that. I was simply explaining what is meant by the terms psychologically and physically addictive. Given the misleading propaganda that formed the first post in this thread, I thought it would be in order to point out a few facts about drugs. Not knowing about drugs can be very dangerous, as people like Leah Betts discovered to their cost.

Peace

simply4allah
04-25-2006, 10:39 PM
less addictive drugs can lead to more addictive drugs

SirZubair
05-03-2006, 09:29 AM
Agree - drugs are bad.

Disagree - Marijuana is addictive. It is not. Neither are Lsd,Alcohol,Cigarettes.

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-03-2006, 09:38 AM
Right bro, so what do you call an alcoholic?;D
And i know guys in my school who smoke weed, and their grades just plummetted to the floor. And they need a bigger dose to get that 'high' each time, they told me themselves. So I don't know what some of the people here are talking about.
And arch_warrior.... please calm down and stop threatening to inject people with drugs!:giggling:

SirZubair
05-03-2006, 09:52 AM
An alcoholic is someone who doesnt want to accept reality,and uses 'alcoholism' as an excuse to get drunk.
As for potheads,yes it is true that they need a bigger dose to get high each time.But that doesnt mean they are addicted.
Drugs are the best way to Numb your natural feelings - such as Sadness. People with broken hearts tend to become Marijuana users,they start drinking and all sorts.But there is no such thing as an addiction.

Sister,..I smoked weed,i used to drink alcohol,i used to do Acid (LSD),and i was a (cigarette) smoker,I've even done speed more times than i can recall.

One day i decided to quit everything.

And i didnt need rehab,i didnt need councelling,i didnt need any sort of 'peer support'.

I went to rehab once,when i was in highschool,..I went to Rehab knowing how to smoke weed,i came out of Rehab with a Diploma in Drugs. I knew more about DRUGS after coming out of rehab,and guess what? I did more and more drugs after i came out of rehab.

So as far as im concerned,people who say they are 'addicted' to something are wuss's,they are scared of reality,they ENJOY being high so much that they dont want to accept reality for what it is.They need to stop telling themselves that they are addicted and tell themselves to get real.

And people such as US need to tell them the same thing,dont give them excuses.

"aww...ur addicted to drugs,poor fellow,...."

Make dua for them,..but dont sympathise them infront of them.

Having said that...

format_quote Originally Posted by ~Mu'MiNaH~
So I don't know what some of the people here are talking about.
..i do know what im talking about.

Im no hero. But i am a man who has been to the other side,for half my life,And i've found my way back. Im not like many of the people who are contributing to threads such as this on Muslim Forums who sit on the side and talk as if they are experts. Im speaking from experience.

Wa'salaam.

-Zubair

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-03-2006, 09:56 AM
Well akhee i'm happy for you that you quit that junk! You certainly do seem to be alot more experienced. But i think we should all stay away from drugs as we know what it does to people!

SirZubair
05-03-2006, 10:03 AM
Well akhee i'm happy for you that you quit that junk! You certainly do seem to be alot more experienced. But i think we should all stay away from drugs as we know what it does to people!
Atleast we agree on something. :giggling:

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-03-2006, 10:06 AM
Lol, no we also agreed that dishdash needs a good bash.:p
But it's true, quitting anything takes strength. I was addicted to nasheeds, and it was so hard for me to quit!:'(

SirZubair
05-03-2006, 10:15 AM
Lol, no we also agreed that dishdash needs a good bash.:p
But it's true, quitting anything takes strength. I was addicted to nasheeds, and it was so hard for me to quit!:'(
lol,did i say he needs a bash? i thought i said 'dont encourage him'? LoL :hiding: :X

Here we go again,back to disagreeing :hmm: I dont agree with "anything takes strength",i would agree with you if you said "anything takes willingness".

For example,i woke up one morning and decided to give up smoking Cigs.
I broke all my cigs in Half and threw them in the Bin.
I havent had any withdrawal symptoms (i used to smoke a pack of 20cigs a day),no mood swings,..Nothing.I didnt require strength to succeed,it was a case of actually Wanting to quit.

Alot of people try to 'quit' for their Parents sake,or their Partners sake etc.

If everybody tried to Quit for Gods sake,they'd be alot more succesful.

Wa'salaam.

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-03-2006, 10:19 AM
Are you superman by any chance? Because i don't think i've ever come across anyone with your 'willingness'. And bro, no need to get upset that we disagree. This is a blessing, and insha-Allah we will both gain something. Better to disagree and discuss than live in ignorance.
And yes you did say he needs a good bash:p.

SirZubair
05-03-2006, 10:24 AM
Are you superman by any chance? Because i don't think i've ever come across anyone with your 'willingness'. And bro, no need to get upset that we disagree. This is a blessing, and insha-Allah we will both gain something. Better to disagree and discuss than live in ignorance.
And yes you did say he needs a good bash:p.
Superman?
No.
A man who found his way back to islam after being a lost soul for 2 decades,..and dropping all his bad habits like a sack of hot patatoes.lol.

..i said he needs a good bash?

PROVE IT ;D ;D ;D

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-03-2006, 10:28 AM
...please,dont encourage him :P he needs a good bash..
..wait til i come to Aussie for a visit :P
I've got your cellphone #,..now all i need is an address...hehehehehehehe...i mean,..muhahahahahahaha....
Proven:p!

Masha-Allah, that just goes to show that Allah guides whome He wills and strength comes from Him.

SirZubair
05-03-2006, 10:34 AM
Proven:p!

Masha-Allah, that just goes to show that Allah guides whome He wills and strength comes from Him.
That proves nothing ! I dont have ur cellphone number ! that quotation says i have your phone number ! nah nah nah nah nah,... :thankyou:

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-03-2006, 10:36 AM
LOOOL... whatever, everyone knows the truth:p.
N we going off topic!:D

SirZubair
05-03-2006, 10:37 AM
LOOOL... whatever, everyone knows the truth:p.
Wha'eva,..you're seeing things,..you must be on DRUGS :hiding: (see,we're still ON TOPIC ;D )

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-03-2006, 10:38 AM
Lol, you're nuttier than dishdash... are you sure you got off the drugs?:p

SirZubair
05-03-2006, 10:42 AM
Lol, you're nuttier than dishdash... are you sure you got off the drugs?:p
I am high,....on life. :brother:

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-03-2006, 10:45 AM
Call it what you want!:rollseyes.

Umm Khalid06
05-03-2006, 11:05 AM
so drugs are not allowed so it smokeing allowed soory to ask but am new in islam.

SirZubair
05-03-2006, 11:12 AM
No sister,Smoking (cigarettes) is just as Haram as any other drug.

Qurratul Ayn
05-03-2006, 11:15 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

Jazakallah Khair Brother Aech_warrior. That was very good and informayive. I seriousdly detest drugs they are no use whatsoever and people just make money by ruining innocent people's lives.

There was a boy in my school Non-Muslim who sold drugs when he first came, got into it and then started selling it out of school but eventually teachers found out and he got permanently excluded.

Assalamu Alaikum
Shakirah

Assalamu Alaikym
Shakirah

Umm Khalid06
05-03-2006, 11:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SirZubair
No sister,Smoking (cigarettes) is just as Haram as any other drug.
thank you bro:statisfie

czgibson
05-03-2006, 02:55 PM
Greetings,
Agree - drugs are bad.

Disagree - Marijuana is addictive. It is not. Neither are Lsd,Alcohol,Cigarettes.
You can disagree all you like, but that doesn't change the facts. All the drugs you've mentioned are addictive to a greater or lesser degree, except LSD, which is not addictive at all.

An alcoholic is someone who doesnt want to accept reality,and uses 'alcoholism' as an excuse to get drunk.
An alcoholic is someone who suffers a powerful craving for alcohol. Withdrawing from alcohol after prolonged heavy use can be dangerous or even fatal. The serious negative effects of alcohol withdrawal make it a very difficult addiction to break.

Maybe alcoholics don't want to accept reality, but that may be both a cause and a result of their alcoholism.

As for potheads,yes it is true that they need a bigger dose to get high each time.But that doesnt mean they are addicted.
It means they've developed a tolerance for the substance, which is an aspect of addiction.

Drugs are the best way to Numb your natural feelings - such as Sadness. People with broken hearts tend to become Marijuana users,they start drinking and all sorts.
Hence the fact that marijuana can be psychologically addictive.

But there is no such thing as an addiction.
I guess the medical community must have it all wrong then...

Peace

------
05-03-2006, 02:58 PM
But there is no such thing as an addiction.
Ye there is.........I'm addicted to reading the Qur'an...

SirZubair
05-03-2006, 05:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,
Hence the fact that marijuana can be psychologically addictive.

I guess the medical community must have it all wrong then...

Peace
* There is no such thing as 'psychologically addicted'.People are idiots.People convince themselves that they are addicted by telling themselves they are addicted to a certain drug.That is no different from a person who has an arguement,and that person knows that he/she is wrong,yet keeps on telling themselves "i am right...i am right..i am right",if that person tells himself/herself that long enough,he'll believe it to be true.

* As far as the medical community goes,i dont put my faith in them.I dont trust the medical community.
Next minute i will be putting my faith in the Bush Administration just because of someones say-so.

..not in this lifetime.

Truth is,at the end of the day,people need to adjust to reality.And if people such as You and I make excuses for them at every turn,we shouldnt complain when crazy drugged people go around killing people.If we make excuses for their so-called-addiction,we are guilty of handing them excuses for their behavior.

Thats my humble opinion on that matter.

Take care czgibson

Wa'salaam.

czgibson
05-03-2006, 05:51 PM
Greetings,
There is no such thing as 'psychologically addicted'.People are idiots.People convince themselves that they are addicted by telling themselves they are addicted to a certain drug.
You've claimed there's no such thing as psychological addiction, then you've given a pretty good definition of it!

As far as the medical community goes,i dont put my faith in them.I dont trust the medical community. So lets not go there.
Oh well. That's your view - fair enough. But please don't start spreading misinformation about drugs if you don't even accept standard medical opinions.

Next minute i will be putting my faith in the Bush Administration just because of someones say-so.

..not in this lifetime.
I agree, that would be one of the stupidest things anyone could do. However, unlike the Bush administration, many claims made by doctors actually have mountains of evidence to back them up.

Truth is,at the end of the day,people need to adjust to reality.And if people such as You and I make excuses for them at every turn,we shouldnt complain when crazy drugged people go around killing people.If we make excuses for their so-called-addiction,we are guilty of handing them excuses for their behavior.
Who's making excuses?

As for the crazy drugged killers, as far as I know it's a minority of drugs that are associated with that kind of behaviour. Have you ever heard of anyone on LSD, Ecstasy, psilocybin or marijuana acting that way?

Take care czgibson
You too, SirZubair. :)

Peace

786rani
05-03-2006, 06:30 PM
i'v never tried drugs and from some of bro's facts don't want to.
rani

------
05-03-2006, 06:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 786rani
i'v never tried drugs and from some of bro's facts don't want to.
rani
Stick with that sis trust :D

SirZubair
05-03-2006, 06:34 PM
You've claimed there's no such thing as psychological addiction, then you've given a pretty good definition of it!
You know what i was getting at :hiding:

-----------

One of my friends Dad claims to be Addicted to LSD,you say LSD isnt addictive. Who should i be listening to? ;D

Oh well. That's your view - fair enough. But please don't start spreading misinformation about drugs if you don't even accept standard medical opinions.
Face it my friend,they have been wrong before,in my opinion they are wrong now,and they will be wrong again and again as the days go by. :happy:

Kheir,putting all that aside,i've made my position clear on Drugs,i've heard yours and i respect your opinion.

I will now retire from this thread. Keep well :)

Wa'salaam

-Zubair

786rani
05-03-2006, 07:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aalimah
Stick with that sis trust :D
u talkin from experience there or what? LOL!
rani

Arch_warrior
05-03-2006, 07:53 PM
that was fun reading muminah and sirzubair posts did both of you reach a conclusion?

SirZubair
05-04-2006, 12:05 AM
that was fun reading muminah and sirzubair posts did both of you reach a conclusion?
..you just HAD to bring me back from retirement didnt u? :X hahahaha

yeah,we did,..im right.... ;D

extinction
05-04-2006, 01:14 AM
ok correct me if im wrong there hasnt been any deaths pertaining to the use of simply marijuana (not like oh someone was high and crashed the car kind of death) but like someone smoked pot all his life and died because of it...

syilla
05-04-2006, 02:11 AM
but if you get caught here...

i can't imagine what'll happen to you

*have you heard cases in indo where they've been caught of possessing estacy pill (only one or two pills)

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-04-2006, 08:58 AM
I haven't... but I think i agree with czgibson. But drugs is bad is bad is bad!:p

syilla
05-04-2006, 09:05 AM
here... the law says...

death penalty for the one who posess drugs...

------
05-04-2006, 09:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by 786rani
u talkin from experience there or what? LOL!
rani
Nah :p I just know 2 many ppl that go on drugs and they get mashed 4 lyf :rollseyes

SirZubair
05-04-2006, 09:20 AM
Most important of all,fear the actions you do for which the Witness will be Your Judge.

Wa'salaam.

czgibson
05-04-2006, 05:33 PM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by hafizmo
ok correct me if im wrong there hasnt been any deaths pertaining to the use of simply marijuana (not like oh someone was high and crashed the car kind of death) but like someone smoked pot all his life and died because of it...
You're essentially right - no recorded deaths have ever been attributed to marijuana use. However, that doesn't mean it's not bad for you when smoked. Smoking it causes damage to the lungs, just like any type of smoking.

I don't know of any long term damage caused by eating it, however. Marijuana is a plant that could do with having more research done on it, like many of the illegal drugs.

Peace

SirZubair
05-04-2006, 06:43 PM
Everybody (muslim,non-muslim,...humans of all age and gender...) ,click Here

And if you wish to contribute to that discussion,join that forum ;)

extinction
05-05-2006, 05:08 AM
Everybody (muslim,non-muslim,...humans of all age and gender...) ,click Here

And if you wish to contribute to that discussion,join that forum ;)
erm I dont think you are allowed to link to other forums except for in the exchange links part?

extinction
05-05-2006, 05:08 AM
Marijuana is a plant that could do with having more research done on it, like many of the illegal drugs.
I agree....

SirZubair
05-05-2006, 12:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hafizmo
erm I dont think you are allowed to link to other forums except for in the exchange links part?
Seriously?

Can one of the Mods please confirm that?

You can also advertise your website, in exchange, link us back.
I have linked this forum on MuslimVillage atleast 3-4 times.

you have to be a member inorder to view those posts,its in a sub-section only available to members.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.