/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A Question for the Sisters

Ghazi
04-15-2006, 11:26 PM
:sl:

How many of you sisters encourage your husbands/brothers to go for Jihad?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
NJUSA
04-17-2006, 09:32 PM
-Brag Alert!-
My significant other already does- he works with recovering addicts and alcoholics.

sadieadel
04-17-2006, 09:39 PM
I never would during the present situation of world affairs. I consider Jihad to be a fantasy of terror obsessed individuals.

Ghazi
04-17-2006, 09:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sadieadel
I never would during the present situation of world affairs. I consider Jihad to be a fantasy of terror obsessed individuals.
Salaam

Subhanallah, what sort of answer is this, the prophet and the sahaba did jihad are they "Terror obsessed individuals"

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ummu Amatullah
04-17-2006, 09:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth

How many of you sisters encourage your husbands/brothers to go for Jihad?
If I was married,I truly would've booked my son to the first flight to Iraq,Chechniya,and Palestine to fight against oppression,and to earn a place near Allah the Most gracious.
:w:

- Qatada -
04-17-2006, 09:46 PM
:salamext:

(Qur'an 4:95.) Not equal are those believers who sit (at home) and receive no hurt, and those who strive and fight in the cause of Allah with their goods and their persons. Allah hath granted a grade higher to those who strive and fight with their goods and persons than to those who sit (at home). Unto all (in Faith) Hath Allah promised good: But those who strive and fight Hath He distinguished above those who sit (at home) by a special reward,-

:wasalamex

sadieadel
04-17-2006, 09:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Shukri
If I was married,I truly would've booked my son to the first flight to Iraq,Chechniya,and Palestine to fight against oppression,and to earn a place near Allah the Most gracious.
:w:

No offense, but if you were a mother, your perception of war would change.

sadieadel
04-17-2006, 09:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth
Salaam

Subhanallah, what sort of answer is this, the prophet and the sahaba did jihad are they "Terror obsessed individuals"

There is a time and place for jihad. The reasons cited today are weak. It clearly is not the correct time for jihad. Why you may ask? We do not currently have a valid reason for jihad. Also, even if we felt that we did have a valid reason, I'm sure we would be defeated.

- Qatada -
04-17-2006, 09:55 PM
There is a time and place for jihad. The reasons cited today are weak. It clearly is not the correct time for jihad. Why you may ask? We do not currently have a valid reason for jihad. Also, even if we felt that we did have a valid reason, I'm sure we would be defeated.

Those who were sure that they would meet their Lord said: How often has a small party vanquished a numerous host by Allah's permission, and Allah is with the patient.
(2:249)

sadieadel
04-17-2006, 09:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah

Those who were sure that they would meet their Lord said: How often has a small party vanquished a numerous host by Allah's permission, and Allah is with the patient.
(2:249)

Nice verse. How does it relate to what I posted?

minaz
04-17-2006, 10:00 PM
No they only used the combat form when and where necessary, most of the time they were doing jihad in calling others to religion, in helping their neighbours, by striving for their god (through practises) during hardship.
It's just a shame ppl today are obsessed with the violent form and imbed it in many arguments- and posts:p

Ghazi
04-17-2006, 10:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by minaz
No they only used the combat form when and where necessary, most of the time they were doing jihad in calling others to religion, in helping their neighbours, by striving for their god (through practises) during hardship.
It's just a shame ppl today are obsessed with the violent form and imbed it in many arguments- and posts:p
Salaam

LoL I can see that was aimed at me. :giggling:

- Qatada -
04-17-2006, 10:02 PM

The verse is relating to the muslims when they were about to fight in the way of Allaah against the enemy. So referring to what you said earlier: 'Also, even if we felt that we did have a valid reason, I'm sure we would be defeated.' Numbers doesn't mean nothing.

Victory comes from Allaah Almighty alone.

Ummu Amatullah
04-17-2006, 10:04 PM
No offense, but if you were a mother, your perception of war would change.
No sister if I was a true Muslimah,if I truly believed in the promise of Allah Ta'Allah I would've even rushed into Jihad myself.

- Qatada -
04-17-2006, 10:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by minaz

Most of the history of islam was in jihad, and within the average life of our beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) - he went on average; 2 expeditions per year (within his prophethood.)

So most of islam was spread by jihad fi sabilillah.

minaz
04-17-2006, 10:05 PM
LoL I can see that was aimed at me
Just a tad:p

Victory comes from Allaah Almighty alone.
Ameen

sadieadel
04-17-2006, 10:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah

Most of the history of islam was in jihad, and within the average life of our beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) - he went on average; 2 expeditions per year (within his prophethood.)

So most of islam was spread by jihad fi sabilillah.

This is true. I don't like the thought of our peaceful religion being so obsessed with violence.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.