/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why we should learn the arabic language

Hussein radi
04-16-2006, 01:49 AM
I have noticed that less then 20% of all muslims are not arabs. And I honestly think with my deepest opinion that every single muslim should learn the arabic language and especially thier children( Young age).

Imagine if your child renounce the quran with a beautiful voice;D .

After all the quran was the language that Allah(SWT) renounced the quran with.

I dont like how the english translate the quran, the verbs are too different.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*noor
04-16-2006, 01:52 AM
don't u mean that less than 20% ARE arabs????

Hussein radi
04-16-2006, 02:06 AM
Man i should reread my posts. SORRY for that. thanks brother

*noor
04-16-2006, 02:18 AM
ur welcome, but i am a sister.
and u r right that we should try to learn the Arabic language. i know Muslims that's native language is not Arabic who learn it. I feel ashamed because my native language is Arabic, and I dont know how to read very fluently. thats because English is my first language...........but i should still learn Arabic so that i cud read the Quran properly.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Mainul_Islam
04-17-2006, 12:38 AM
:sl:

RENOUNCE?? are you sure u are using the right word?? :?

re·nounce

( P ) Pronunciation Key (r

-nouns

)
v. re·nounced, re·nounc·ing, re·nounc·es
v. tr.
  1. To give up (a title, for example), especially by formal announcement. See Synonyms at relinquish.
  2. To reject; disown
www.dictionary.com

north_malaysian
04-17-2006, 02:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by nurofislam
ur welcome, but i am a sister.
and u r right that we should try to learn the Arabic language. i know Muslims that's native language is not Arabic who learn it. I feel ashamed because my native language is Arabic, and I dont know how to read very fluently. thats because English is my first language...........but i should still learn Arabic so that i cud read the Quran properly.
In Malaysia, I think a million of Malays have basic Arabic. But it's a shame that 400,000 Malays of Yemeni origin dont really know Arabic.

NahidSarvy
04-17-2006, 03:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
But it's a shame that 400,000 Malays of Yemeni origin dont really know Arabic.
What are "Malays of Yemeni origin"?

Do you mean orang-orang melayu who moved to Yemen? If so, why wouldn't they speak Yemeni Arabic?

Or do you mean citizens of Malaysia of South Arabian origin (emigrants to Malaysia)?

north_malaysian
04-17-2006, 03:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by NahidSarvy
What are "Malays of Yemeni origin"?

Do you mean orang-orang melayu who moved to Yemen? If so, why wouldn't they speak Yemeni Arabic?

Or do you mean citizens of Malaysia of South Arabian origin (emigrants to Malaysia)?
According to Yemeni ambassador to Malaysia (I've read in The Star years ago) there are about 400,000 Malays who they ancestors are Yemenis mostly from Hadhramawt. So it should be "Melayu Darah Keturunan Arab Yaman"? All Malays in this country have foreign influences in their DNA, i think. Just look when a chinese married an indian, their children would have Malay-looks.

lolwatever
05-04-2006, 09:35 PM
arabic is cool.. besides understanding quran and hadith it giveas u this whole extra level of expressing yourself.. ther'es just soooo many words that can not be translated properly into mosto ther languages coz of the subtle meanings that are embeded into them which are so critical to be understood properly

its one of those languages which seriously saves you from expressing yourself in swear words lol. coz there's so much which exactly defines what u feel.... yes there are many Arabs who cant help but swear swear swear, but they tend to be the lebos who only know slang or your other slang arabs who dont hav much of a vocab in the first place!

lol ok no offence to lebos, love em but i mix alot with them hehe

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.