/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have questions for Islamic rulings and Shari'ah?

FatimaAsSideqah
04-16-2006, 05:51 PM
as-salaam alaykum

anyone want to post questions in here?

wa-salaam alaykum

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ummAbdillah
04-16-2006, 05:56 PM
:sl:
ok sis :D
Is it permissible for any Muslim country to invade a Muslim country?
jazak allah khair

extinction
04-16-2006, 05:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by lovly_lady
jazak allah khair
whoa thats a cool question..

FatimaAsSideqah
04-16-2006, 06:10 PM
as-salaam alaykum

Dear Sister of Islam..I dont think it is not permissible for invade into Muslim country...but i will research it for u soon as i can..

wa-salaam alakyum

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Mainul_Islam
04-17-2006, 12:45 AM

what is the punishment for fornication/adultery? 100 lashes plus exile (like it says in Quran 24:2), or stoning?

extinction
04-17-2006, 12:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mainul_Islam

what is the punishment for fornication/adultery? 100 lashes plus exile (like it says in Quran 24:2), or stoning?
fornication ya3ni sex before marriage has different punishment and adultery (sex after marriage with an illegal partner) is a different punishment

north_malaysian
04-17-2006, 01:46 AM
What the appropriate punishment or homosexual act? And how to define a homosexual act, is it:

1) The penetration of penis into the a**hole ONLY, or
2) Include oral sex; or
3) include m*****bation by a gay partner?:?

extinction
04-17-2006, 01:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
What the appropriate punishment or homosexual act? And how to define a homosexual act, is it:

2) Include oral sex; or
ewwwwwwwwwwww erm isnt being with a man just with that intention bad enough?

Ansar Al-'Adl
04-17-2006, 02:07 AM
The definition is 1) of what you posted, and if it is established by four witnesses the punishment is the death penalty.

:w:

*noor
04-17-2006, 02:09 AM
yeah.......what is the ruling on photography??

north_malaysian
04-17-2006, 02:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl

The definition is 1) of what you posted, and if it is established by four witnesses the punishment is the death penalty.

So for options (2) and (3) it should be ta'zir? :?

north_malaysian
04-17-2006, 02:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by hafizmo
ewwwwwwwwwwww erm isnt being with a man just with that intention bad enough?
we just want to clarify what act amounted to a 'homosexual act' ie. sodomy.

*noor
04-17-2006, 02:18 AM
Cud somebody please answer my question
Waht is the ruling of the shariah on Photography
because i always take pictures and im really wonering.

Jazakum Allah

Ansar Al-'Adl
04-17-2006, 02:19 AM
So for options (2) and (3) it should be ta'zir? :?
Yes.

Ansar Al-'Adl
04-17-2006, 02:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by nurofislam
Cud somebody please answer my question
Waht is the ruling of the shariah on Photography
because i always take pictures and im really wonering.

Jazakum Allah
Depends on the content and form of the photos. You'll have to be more specific. So for content, photography of inanimate things, landscapes, etc. is universally regarded as acceptable. As for form, digital images, images displayed only on electronic displays, are regarded as permissable.

*noor
04-17-2006, 02:24 AM
im talking about everything, including myself and my friends

north_malaysian
04-17-2006, 02:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by acapulcogold
Asking about a lot of gay stuff, man. You're not having any 'strange' feelings, are you ? Any sudden urge to redecorate the house ? Do you find yourself humming Broadway show tunes ? :giggling:
Nope. But when I've learnt Islamic Criminal Law, I've learnt a lil bit about this, not so complete.

Some jurists ruled out that homosexual act is just punishable with ta'zir (like imprisonment or fine). Some jurists suggested that sodomites should be thrown off from the highst peak of mountain, the Talibans crashed homosexuals with walls etc. I mean it's hard to figure what the right punishment. But all in all, definition of sodomy is not as clear as adultery (I mean in the heterosexual relationship)

Ansar Al-'Adl
04-17-2006, 02:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by nurofislam
im talking about everything, including myself and my friends
Are the images digital or printed?

:sl: North_malaysian,
The fact that the homosexual act witnessed by four is punishable by death is established. However the jurists differed as to the method of execution, which is a discretionary issue.

Ansar Al-'Adl
04-17-2006, 03:51 AM
On topic please.

north_malaysian
04-17-2006, 04:04 AM

Are the images digital or printed?

:sl: North_malaysian,
The fact that the homosexual act witnessed by four is punishable by death is established. However the jurists differed as to the method of execution, which is a discretionary issue.

:wasalamex

Thank u.

FatimaAsSideqah
04-19-2006, 01:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by lovly_lady
jazak allah khair
as-salaam alaykum dear sister of Islam.

This is a big question that needs a scholar and a political leader at the same to answer and I am not that one. However the answer depends on the situation in the to be invaded country. For example: if there is a powerful Muslim country leaded by a good leader and on the other hand there is a Muslim country governed by a dictator corrupt leader who is oppressing the Muslims and destroying their country. In this case a Muslim scholar if has the power may decide that the powerful Muslim country intervene in order to get rid of the corrupt leader and free the oppressed Muslims!!!!!!!!!!. One of the Islamic objectives is to allow people live free from oppression and therefore wherever possible help people achieve this objective.

wa-salaam alaykum :sister:

FatimaAsSideqah
04-19-2006, 02:16 PM

2) Include oral sex; or
as-salaam alaykum

Question :

What is the punishment for homosexuality? Is there any differentiation between the one who does it and the one to whom it is done?.

Answer :

Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly:

The crime of homosexuality is one of the greatest of crimes, the worst of sins and the most abhorrent of deeds, and Allaah punished those who did it in a way that He did not punish other nations. It is indicative of violation of the fitrah, total misguidance, weak intellect and lack of religious commitment, and it is a sign of doom and deprivation of the mercy of Allaah. We ask Allaah to keep us safe and sound.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And (remember) Loot (Lot), when he said to his people: ‘Do you commit the worst sin such as none preceding you has committed in the ‘Aalameen (mankind and jinn)?

81. ‘Verily, you practise your lusts on men instead of women. Nay, but you are a people transgressing beyond bounds (by committing great sins).’

82. And the answer of his people was only that they said: ‘Drive them out of your town, these are indeed men who want to be pure (from sins)!’

83. Then We saved him and his family, except his wife; she was of those who remained behind (in the torment).

84. And We rained down on them a rain (of stones). Then see what was the end of the Mujrimoon (criminals, polytheists and sinners)”

[al-A’raaf 7:80-84]

“Verily, by your life (O Muhammad), in their wild intoxication, they were wandering blindly.

73. So As‑Saihah (torment — awful cry) overtook them at the time of sunrise.

74. And We turned (the towns of Sodom in Palestine) upside down and rained down on them stones of baked clay.

75. Surely, in this are signs for those who see (or understand or learn the lessons from the Signs of Allaah).

76. And verily, they (the cities) were right on the highroad (from Makkah to Syria, i.e. the place where the Dead Sea is now)”

[al-Hijr 15:72-76]

Isma'el
04-19-2006, 03:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by RighteousLady
as-salaam alaykum

anyone want to post questions in here?

wa-salaam alaykum
Are you for real....ARE U qualified to give rulings..?

gbrl
04-20-2006, 10:05 AM
question:

effeminate men and boys are cursed by islam and are to be ostracised from society.

Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:
The Prophet cursed effeminate men (those men who are in the similitude (assume the manners of women) and those women who assume the manners of men, and he said, "Turn them out of your houses ." The Prophet turned out such-and-such man, and 'Umar turned out such-and-such woman. (Sahih al-Bukhari)

Now it is ok if these men and women are acting deliberately. But what about those people who cannot help it? There are men I know who wouldn't want to be effeminate at all if they had the choice, they try to imitate male hand gestures, gait and speech techniques, but can't let go of what comes naturally to them (i.e feminine behaviour).

My questions: Are these people who are not deliberately doing it also cursed? (considering the Prophet's general statement).
Wouldn't ostracizing them worsen their situation (eg. suicide, mental illness), shouldn't we be treating their 'illness'?

Note: I am not talking about gays here so pls no references to homosexuality. Am confused ONLY about effeminate men or masculine women.

NahidSarvy
04-20-2006, 01:34 PM
12.This is not a Fiqh discussion board. Prolonged threads arguing over Fatwas and the details of Islamic law will be closed. Avoid asking questions that require a Scholar or Shaykh, as there is no one on the board qualified to answer your questions. Please use other knowledgeable means such as a scholar, Imam or knowledgeable person in your area or provide sources.
Why do some discussions of fiqh get rubberstamp TOPIC CLOSED while others - most egregiously, this one - are ignored or supported by the moderators?

I ask because I feel like if I contribute to threads on fiqh, they are summarily closed. This has happened a few times since I have joined and I feel like it is because I say things that are challenging. But I am a Muslima and I have the right to express my opinions when they differ, don't I? Otherwise, all we have is a chorus of agreement, not a discussion forum.

I am troubled by this so I ask directly. Is dissention not allowed? Will I be banned if I express my (informed and honest) opinions? I repeat, I am a Muslima and I have strong faith.

Ansar Al-'Adl
04-20-2006, 01:40 PM
Threads are not closed for difference of opinion. When threads are closed the reason is provided. Threads are not close don the basis of whether they include fiqh discussions or not. This thread remains open as it simply contains explanations of issues in Islamic law. No one is banned for expressing their opinion, although we do require that people express their opinion in a respectful non-insulting manner.

NahidSarvy
04-20-2006, 01:50 PM
Threads are not closed for difference of opinion. When threads are closed the reason is provided. Threads are not close don the basis of whether they include fiqh discussions or not. This thread remains open as it simply contains explanations of issues in Islamic law. No one is banned for expressing their opinion, although we do require that people express their opinion in a respectful non-insulting manner.
But if I were to disagree with the statements made herein, I feel this topic would be closed. In fact, I just posted on another thread and it was closed.

Based on your statement above, I will henceforth continue to post when I disagree.

Isma'el
04-20-2006, 01:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by RighteousLady
as-salaam alaykum

Question :

What is the punishment for homosexuality? Is there any differentiation between the one who does it and the one to whom it is done?.

Answer :

Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly:

The crime of homosexuality is one of the greatest of crimes, the worst of sins and the most abhorrent of deeds, and Allaah punished those who did it in a way that He did not punish other nations. It is indicative of violation of the fitrah, total misguidance, weak intellect and lack of religious commitment, and it is a sign of doom and deprivation of the mercy of Allaah. We ask Allaah to keep us safe and sound.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And (remember) Loot (Lot), when he said to his people: ‘Do you commit the worst sin such as none preceding you has committed in the ‘Aalameen (mankind and jinn)?

81. ‘Verily, you practise your lusts on men instead of women. Nay, but you are a people transgressing beyond bounds (by committing great sins).’

82. And the answer of his people was only that they said: ‘Drive them out of your town, these are indeed men who want to be pure (from sins)!’

83. Then We saved him and his family, except his wife; she was of those who remained behind (in the torment).

84. And We rained down on them a rain (of stones). Then see what was the end of the Mujrimoon (criminals, polytheists and sinners)”

[al-A’raaf 7:80-84]

“Verily, by your life (O Muhammad), in their wild intoxication, they were wandering blindly.

73. So As‑Saihah (torment — awful cry) overtook them at the time of sunrise.

74. And We turned (the towns of Sodom in Palestine) upside down and rained down on them stones of baked clay.

75. Surely, in this are signs for those who see (or understand or learn the lessons from the Signs of Allaah).

76. And verily, they (the cities) were right on the highroad (from Makkah to Syria, i.e. the place where the Dead Sea is now)”

[al-Hijr 15:72-76]
Giving ruling on homo's etc ,,i think you nor any1 on this forum can give answers ,,, apart frm scholor's etc.

It's things like this cause problem in the umma,,every tom **** n harry giving rulings...opinions...

You are not qualified to give such answers out.....

IbnAbdulHakim
04-20-2006, 02:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Isma'el
Giving ruling on homo's etc ,,i think you nor any1 on this forum can give answers ,,, apart frm scholor's etc.

It's things like this cause problem in the umma,,every tom **** n harry giving rulings...opinions...

You are not qualified to give such answers out.....
while the punishment isnt a 100% clear the prohibition certainly is and akhee try not to sound so harsh :eek:

Daffodil
04-20-2006, 02:51 PM
If some one has knowledge about something which some one else doesnt, its a fardh duty to spread that knowledge.

Like for example if some one is doing their wudhu wrong, its ur fardh duty to correct them.

we dont need to be scholars or muftis etc to spread what little or however much knowledge we have.

For instance if i know someone has a job selling/earning interest n they didnt know it was wrong n i did, or i seen someone eating something i know is haram, it wud be a fardh obligation for me to tell them, else Allah swt will ask us on the day of judgment why we didnt warn our brother/sister when we knew better.

Asalamulaikum

Daffodil
04-20-2006, 02:53 PM
p.s

as for the person who asked about photography. go on to islam q and answer, type in photos and a whole list of fatwas will come up.

north_malaysian
04-21-2006, 08:42 AM
This only to answer some questions which some of us still blurry about it. For instance, I knew homo is haram, just what constitute homo act and what punishment should it get ... just that. Thanks for some who answered my questions.

I'm not asking anyone to be a Mufti here, just some answers from fella Muslims.

Again, Jazakallah Khairan Katheera to all that give answers or opinions. We can discuss many matters on Islamic ruling.

north_malaysian
04-21-2006, 08:47 AM
What the ruling on colouring the fingernails, many Muslim women did it.

In Malaysia, the people belief that it's haram to colour ones fingernails because the ablution water didnt reach the exact nail surface. There was a rumors that a Muslim woman died and her fingernails were coloured. Because it's hard to un-colour those fingernails, the solution they just pull out the whole finger nails from the fingers. Nauzubillah min Zalik! :enough!:

What Shariah ruling about it, and is the decision to pull out the fingernails from a dead body permissable?:?

Daffodil
04-21-2006, 12:15 PM
What the ruling on colouring the fingernails, many Muslim women did it.

In Malaysia, the people belief that it's haram to colour ones fingernails because the ablution water didnt reach the exact nail surface. There was a rumors that a Muslim woman died and her fingernails were coloured. Because it's hard to un-colour those fingernails, the solution they just pull out the whole finger nails from the fingers. Nauzubillah min Zalik! :enough!:

What Shariah ruling about it, and is the decision to pull out the fingernails from a dead body permissable?:?
Nail polish doesnt allow the water to get to the nail so the wudhu or even ghusl wudnt count n it wud need to be removed before doing wudhu/ghusl. Its not difficult to remove nail polish, u get nail polish remover from any shops n chemists etc. its very cheap, all u do it put it into some cotton wool n rub it on the nail with the polish n it goes away.

In terms of a deceased person, no u wudnt tear the nails out, ur not meant to cause grief to the dead body (remember dead ppl can feel everything thats going on thats why so many muslims living in britain n probs other places dread dying in this country because its the law to have a post mortom when they dnt know the reason of death) May Allah swt save us from this stupid crazy law ameen.

When doing ghusl to the body they wud need to get nail polish remover n remove it, its not difficult.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.